Welcome to CreditBoards!

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to CreditBoards! Like most online communities, you must register to post in our community, but don't worry - this is a simple process requiring minimal information for you to sign up. Be a part of CreditBoards by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Read These Items!

• If you're getting an Authentication mismatch error: Clear your cache. Log out of CB. Delete your cookie. Close your browser. Open your browser and log back in.

Photo

Have you SETTLED with BOA?

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 HowDidIGetHere

HowDidIGetHere
  • Newbies
  • 1 posts

Posted 20 January 2011 - 11:08 PM

I owe BOA $20,000 and have been in contact with CollectCorp. I've checked my report and it doesn't show that BOA has charged off the account. I received a settlement offer that is 15% of the original balance. Of course, the deadline to accept and remit payment is right around the corner. I've never been in this much trouble before.

Could anyone advise?

#2 Not Given

Not Given
  • Members
  • 352 posts

Posted 21 January 2011 - 02:04 AM

I owe BOA $20,000 and have been in contact with CollectCorp. I've checked my report and it doesn't show that BOA has charged off the account. I received a settlement offer that is 15% of the original balance. Of course, the deadline to accept and remit payment is right around the corner. I've never been in this much trouble before.

Could anyone advise?

I owed them more than that, I bk7ed them all, CollectCorp, Pinnacle Financial Group, Greystone Alliance, Budzig & Dynia, attorneys at Law. I had 2 cards, neither one started out being BOA, they change collectors every 6 months or so, if they were going to sue me they waited too long. What I did pay on them was by money order and much less than the minimum, a few times, but I paid it to the address I had paid before I went delinquent, made out to BOA.
Greystone called my husband at work, he told them he didn't give a ~tih~ what they did and hung up on them because he was surrounded by coworkers. Then they called my son on his cell and tried to get him to give a message to my husband. I never once answered the phone at home and I turned the machine off after a couple of months of the incessant ringing. Mind you, both cards are in my name, alone.
341 is tomorrow and I'm still up, getting lit on 151.

Edited by Not Given, 21 January 2011 - 02:07 AM.

#3 killedbydebt

killedbydebt
  • Newbies
  • 1 posts

Posted 21 January 2011 - 03:09 PM

can you give details? i have a boa credit card that is about 90 days past due. they have been very, very nice, but i have not received a settlement offer yet. i didn't think i could hope for a 15% offer, tho that's about all i can afford. i haven't worked in several years. my husband works, but at this point, we can't afford the minimums. i don't know what else to do but stop paying and hope they don't sue us. if they do, there is always chapter 7. PNC has been BEYOND rude.

#4 HowDidIGetHere

HowDidIGetHere
  • Newbies
  • 1 posts

Posted 22 January 2011 - 09:46 PM

can you give details? i have a boa credit card that is about 90 days past due. they have been very, very nice, but i have not received a settlement offer yet. i didn't think i could hope for a 15% offer, tho that's about all i can afford. i haven't worked in several years. my husband works, but at this point, we can't afford the minimums. i don't know what else to do but stop paying and hope they don't sue us. if they do, there is always chapter 7. PNC has been BEYOND rude.

I actually have not made a payment in about a year. From what I understand, a settlement offer will not be made until it goes to a CA. I know that for BOA you can submit a hardship request. I'm not sure what that entails but to my understanding they'll work with you a bit more on interest rates.

I stopped making my payments because I knew there was no chance of me ever being able to pay off the full balance, especially because I've had such a hard time finding a job.

I'm kind of learning as I go. The best piece of advice: be persistent.

#5 Brighterfuture85

Brighterfuture85
  • Members
  • 50 posts

Posted 24 January 2011 - 02:25 PM

I actually have not made a payment in about a year. From what I understand, a settlement offer will not be made until it goes to a CA. I know that for BOA you can submit a hardship request. I'm not sure what that entails but to my understanding they'll work with you a bit more on interest rates.

I stopped making my payments because I knew there was no chance of me ever being able to pay off the full balance, especially because I've had such a hard time finding a job.

I'm kind of learning as I go. The best piece of advice: be persistent.

I guess they look at every case differently. My girl friend stopped paying her BOA credit card and after 4 months they sent a letter offering her to settle at 65% off. She called in and they said they could do 50% in installments of 900.00 per month. Also, she had a bank account with them that was closed and had a 200.00 balance unpaid, she had no other credit cards, but has a couple of medical collections. So in her case I guess they look at her credit reports and realized very soon she was in trouble.

#6 jojoblevins

jojoblevins
  • Members
  • 35 posts

Posted 26 January 2011 - 09:39 PM

BOA offered me a settlement of 65% after three missed payments. I held on two more months until they agreed to 32%. It was worth it to me to have it done and avoid another strike when it was turned over to collections.

You should take the deal even if you have to beg, borrow or steal to get the money.

#7 Brighterfuture85

Brighterfuture85
  • Members
  • 50 posts

Posted 31 January 2011 - 04:02 PM

BOA offered me a settlement of 65% after three missed payments. I held on two more months until they agreed to 32%. It was worth it to me to have it done and avoid another strike when it was turned over to collections.

You should take the deal even if you have to beg, borrow or steal to get the money.

Did you have more accounts with them or that credit card was your only relationship with BOA? Was this settlement recent or you are talking about months ago? Did you request they erase the lates on the credit reports?
thanks

#8 jojoblevins

jojoblevins
  • Members
  • 35 posts

Posted 01 February 2011 - 11:55 AM

I also had a mortgage with them but did a deed in lieu. They would not agree to remove lates but I was more concerned with getting out of the burden of debt than I was with how much easier it would be to get back into debt.

#9 The Debt Pro

The Debt Pro
  • Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 03 September 2011 - 03:07 PM

bottom line, unless you are trying to file BK take the deal. 15% of the balance is an excellent settlement offer. You could be greedy an offer lower but I don't think they would budge at that point.

#10 Home4Me2012

Home4Me2012
  • Members
  • 161 posts

Posted 03 January 2012 - 09:55 AM

I owed BofA about $3,000 and I was asked to settle for roughly $900 (granted it was a 3 year old debt at the time). I took the offer and had no issues from them since.

Megan

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© Copyright 2003 - 2013 Creditboards.com. All rights reserved. No portion of this site may be reproduced without explicit permission from the owners. The content of creditboards.com is subject solely to the personal whim of its admins. We reserve the right, at our sole discretion, to remove any and all posts or comments, at any time, for any reason which takes our entirely capricious fancy, or for no particular reason whatsoever, without restriction. Comments or questions regarding the site may be addressed to admin@creditboards.com.