Welcome to CreditBoards!

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to CreditBoards! Like most online communities, you must register to post in our community, but don't worry - this is a simple process requiring minimal information for you to sign up. Be a part of CreditBoards by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Read These Items!

• If you're getting an Authentication mismatch error: Clear your cache. Log out of CB. Delete your cookie. Close your browser. Open your browser and log back in.

Photo

So. If anyone feels like praying a little. It worked!! cancer-free!!

• Please log in to reply
390 replies to this topic

#376 butterflywings

butterflywings

She Tries

• Members
  • 1,518 posts

Posted 23 October 2011 - 12:39 PM

Next fall she should be able to start kindergarten on schedule, if we want her to. She'll be just under a year into maintenance, so if all goes well...

A friend of mine, whose son is EXACTLY a year older and diagnosed EXACTLY a year earlier (like, to the day, eerie...) is starting K next week and she's a bundle of nerves. It seems like a bit of a hassle - she'd have to be careful and avoid sick kids, be careful of her port while she's playing.... So, I'm like 94% on the send her off to school train. The other 6% screams homeschool for a year. :lol:

Yeah. I would be totally freaked out. Have you watched a class full of kindergarteners? They are ... gross. Very cute, but ... yeah. We've never had an instance of the Flu (DD was a particular clean little critter) until DS brought it home last December. If she's only 5, I might refrain until she was 6. I guess it would depend on when her birthday is, etc..

I'm sure she ready to go already. :wub:

DD's been in Kindergarten what 6 weeks? And she's already had para pertussis, a cold for almost a week, and now has gastroenteritis. This is ridiculous. The teacher said all the kids in the 2 Kindergarten classes and the 2 first grades are sick constantly, and it's not just DD. My older 2 kids are just fine. I figured DD would get sick, but she's barely had a healthy day since starting.

Wow!?! Really? You are going to freak me out a little. DD is in kinder this year, too; and we've had nothing. She's sniffling a bit right now, but I'm sure it is allergies because I've had the windows open for almost 2 weeks now. I've actually expected her to be sick because her white counts are always wonky and no one can explain why.

She's really good about hand-washing and using hand sanitizer when she can't though, so there's that.

As long as the adults that need to know are aware of the port and the immune system issues, they can be a little extra vigilant, too.

Yes, and it's not just DD. In fact, the teacher told me very single child in the class is getting sick over and over. A new girl started in DD's class recently, and she was there 2 days when she was out for almost a week sick. I wonder what her parents thought about that. I had a talk with the principal about DD being sick and missing school, and my concerns about the missed number of days. He said it's normal for K and 1st grade to get sick a lot and that DD's missed days are no problem and he's seeing it in those classes.

I disagree, maybe he's right to some degree, but not sick like this. I privately question the sanitizing procedures of DD's teacher in the class,but what can I say to her, wtf are you doing or not doing? Are you using sanitizing wipes on the tables or spraying the toys even once a week? I have a very good relationship with this school and especially this teacher. She's asked me to help her in the classroom and Im working with her on plans for upcoming parties. I don't want to screw things up with her, but if all of these kids are getting sick over and over then changes need to be made. I just can't think of any way to question the teacher without putting her on the defensive. Last week, I did send some sanitizer with dd, a tiny little travel sized bottle with instructions to sanitize after lunch and after recess. DD said she took it out to do it, but the teacher told her it wasn't necessary. I sent Clorox cleaning wipes, a couple, to have DD wipe her table area when she gets into class but the teacher told her again it wasn't necessary. I sense a come to Jesus meeting.

If this keeps up, I mean DD getting sick on a non stop regular basis I am yanking her out and putting her back next year. DD LOVES school and has so many friends, and I love her being in school. But there's building your immune system up and then there's bombarding it constantly where a child barely has time to recover before getting something else. The para pertussis was the one thing that we never expected. We figured strep, colds, fevers but not whooping cough.

DD doesn't have allergies or immune system problems and her blood work was absolutely perfect. It's all happening to all of the kids. This is a sanitary issue compounded by parents sending their kids to school sick.

#377 giraffy

giraffy

Perfect

• Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 18 November 2011 - 11:54 AM

We met with our Make a Wish volunteer wish granters last week.

Gab's wish was to be a princess with Cinderella in the GIANT castle in Disney World, because Cinderella is beautiful and so lonely all by herself. :rofl:

Her second choice was a drum set and cymbals. The wish chick said she couldn't, in good conscience, gift any kid drums and cymbals. :lol:

She's almost done with the first cycle of meds in maintenance, so after this is over (in 3 weeks), we *should* get the green light to do ANYTHING. :yahoo: She's had no issues, at ALL, no reactions really, except for a few days of nausea while we figured out how to work out the feeding/chemo schedule for her tummy. Her end of treatment date should be in March, 2013, if everything keeps going this well.

Her hair is growing back in beautifully. It's all light brown and thick and super soft.

We are so, so, SO lucky.

Aaaaand, she's still weird. She worked reallllly hard on this face. It was an intense 5 minutes for her.

Posted Image

#378 Pam

Pam

Site Owner

• Admin
  • 12,093 posts

Posted 18 November 2011 - 01:07 PM

Her second choice was a drum set and cymbals. The wish chick said she couldn't, in good conscience, gift any kid drums and cymbals. :lol:

Did you kiss the wish chick? I would have.

I'm happy to hear that she is still not having any major issues with the treatment. And she is still beautiful :)

#379 Nostromo

Nostromo
  • Members
  • 1,302 posts

Posted 18 November 2011 - 03:19 PM

I'm happy to hear that she is still not having any major issues with the treatment. And she is still beautiful :)

This. :)

#380 angeleyeskkhr

angeleyeskkhr
  • Members
  • 2,865 posts

Posted 18 November 2011 - 08:22 PM

+a billion

#381 giraffy

giraffy

Perfect

• Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 21 November 2011 - 09:57 AM

Thanks. :D

#382 mdw2006

mdw2006
  • Bloggers
  • 1,646 posts

Posted 21 November 2011 - 09:48 PM

I am so glad everything is going so well, love that picture.

#383 giraffy

giraffy

Perfect

• Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 30 December 2011 - 09:43 AM

Sooooo.... it's been awhile since any updates. Not much new is going on. She's in her second round of maintenance - 1 pill every night; another drug on Thursday's, but it's 11 pills; some syringe of stuff every night; another syringe of stuff 2 days a week, twice a day; lumbar punctures and chemo at the infusion center every 12 weeks.

The first round went totally fine. For some reason, the second round has made her puke pretty much daily. We thought we had it figured out last week, but it came back with a vengeance yesterday. At 5am. <_<.

The REALLY BIG news is, now that we're through the first round of maintenance, we're pretty much FREE to move about wherever we want :D. The only restriction is that if we're going to be more than an hour or so away from our hospital, I have to let our case worker know so she can give me a list of local hospitals :lol:

Also, we have hair. A giant head full of thick, dark blonde, wavy hair. It completely has a mind of its own. :wub:

Posted Image

#384 Nostromo

Nostromo
  • Members
  • 1,302 posts

Posted 30 December 2011 - 09:46 AM

I'm glad she is doing better! :clapping: :clapping: :clapping:

#385 angeleyeskkhr

angeleyeskkhr
  • Members
  • 2,865 posts

Posted 31 December 2011 - 12:23 PM

:yahoo: she is beautiful.

#386 giraffy

giraffy

Perfect

• Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 12:40 PM

:wave:

Posted Image

:D :D

She is able to start kindergarten in the fall, she'll just have to miss her procedure days, and whatever results from them. :yahoo:

317 days to remission (hopefully!) :yahoo: :yahoo:

#387 Krish

Krish
  • Members
  • 3,846 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 01:33 PM

Posted Image

She is able to start kindergarten in the fall, she'll just have to miss her procedure days, and whatever results from them. :yahoo:

She is adorable. Thank god she is doing ok and I sure hope she doesn't need to face this devil, ever in her life.

#388 dawniedawn67

dawniedawn67
  • Members
  • 217 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 07:31 PM

Posted Image

Wonderful!!

:yahoo:

#389 mdw2006

mdw2006
  • Bloggers
  • 1,646 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 10:17 PM

That is great G, glad everything is going good.

#390 cocomad

cocomad
  • Members
  • 8,617 posts

Posted 18 April 2012 - 08:40 PM

Giraffe, I have not been around much cause I had some family problems, but I want to say I never forgot your baby, and I still pray for her. God bless you all, and she's beautiful!

#391 Nemeweh

Nemeweh

Official CB Party Planner

• Members
  • 57 posts

Posted 19 April 2012 - 12:33 PM

Yay for Baby!!! :clapping: :clapping: :clapping:

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© Copyright 2003 - 2013 Creditboards.com. All rights reserved. No portion of this site may be reproduced without explicit permission from the owners. The content of creditboards.com is subject solely to the personal whim of its admins. We reserve the right, at our sole discretion, to remove any and all posts or comments, at any time, for any reason which takes our entirely capricious fancy, or for no particular reason whatsoever, without restriction. Comments or questions regarding the site may be addressed to admin@creditboards.com.