Jump to content




Welcome to CreditBoards!


Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to CreditBoards! Like most online communities, you must register to post in our community, but don't worry - this is a simple process requiring minimal information for you to sign up. Be a part of CreditBoards by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.
 
Guest Message by DevFuse

Read These Items!

  • If you're getting an Authentication mismatch error: Clear your cache. Log out of CB. Delete your cookie. Close your browser. Open your browser and log back in.

Photo

So. If anyone feels like praying a little. It worked!! cancer-free!!


  • Please log in to reply
390 replies to this topic

#351 giraffy

giraffy

    Perfect

  • Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 25 August 2011 - 02:11 PM

Argh. She didn't make her counts today. No chemo.

I'm <_< leukemia today. Bastard.



#352 VibrantEcho

VibrantEcho

    Officially Jealous

  • Members
  • 1,080 posts

Posted 25 August 2011 - 06:27 PM

suck. :(

#353 Dr. Dolemite

Dr. Dolemite
  • Members
  • 375 posts

Posted 26 August 2011 - 03:41 PM

Argh. She didn't make her counts today. No chemo.

I'm Posted Image leukemia today. Bastard.



I haven't been on the forum much in recent weeks, so I apologize, as I'm somewhat out of the loop . . .

So after one more round of regular chemo, she goes on maintenance? How long does that last? Is it easier than chemo?

#354 giraffy

giraffy

    Perfect

  • Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 26 August 2011 - 04:10 PM

She'll be in maintenance for two years. It's less intense - chemo at home (in a pill) daily, plus itrathecal treatments (chemo to her spinal fluid via lumbar puncture) every 6 weeks. she'll be cleared to do more stuff , have more freedom.

I blogged about it here in more detail:
http://365awesomeday...aintenance.html

But that's the general idea.

#355 Dale1123

Dale1123
  • Members
  • 205 posts

Posted 26 August 2011 - 04:43 PM

Praying for you and your daughter Giraffy. I have been in a similar position....my grandfather had leukemia.

Hopefully with the research currently being developed/tested steps can be taken to stop anybody else from going through what you are. I am proud to say that I work at the cutting edge in cancer therapy and nanomedine and continue the work in the hopes that cancer can become a thing of the past.

#356 Nemeweh

Nemeweh

    Official CB Party Planner

  • Members
  • 57 posts

Posted 29 August 2011 - 07:43 PM

So any idea when she'll get to retest for her last treatment before Maint?

#357 giraffy

giraffy

    Perfect

  • Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 29 August 2011 - 08:09 PM

Today!

And she got chemo today!!

We're waiting for her maintenance plan (she's part of a clinical trial, so each stage is randomized), should have that when we meet with the oncologist on the 13th.

:yahoo:

#358 Dr. Dolemite

Dr. Dolemite
  • Members
  • 375 posts

Posted 30 August 2011 - 12:17 PM

Today!

And she got chemo today!!

We're waiting for her maintenance plan (she's part of a clinical trial, so each stage is randomized), should have that when we meet with the oncologist on the 13th.

:yahoo:



Awesomeness!

I know very little about cancer-treatment protocols, but this sounds like a HUGE milestone :)

#359 Labyrinthine

Labyrinthine
  • Members
  • 274 posts

Posted 30 August 2011 - 12:31 PM

:yes2:

Go Gabby! Kick that cancer's butt! :aggressive:

#360 Guest_SoFLi-ne_*

Guest_SoFLi-ne_*
  • Guests

Posted 31 August 2011 - 07:31 PM

:yes2:

Go Gabby! Kick that cancer's butt! :aggressive:


:good:

#361 mdw2006

mdw2006
  • Bloggers
  • 1,651 posts

Posted 31 August 2011 - 07:32 PM

:yes2:

Go Gabby! Kick that cancer's butt! :aggressive:



+1000

#362 angeleyeskkhr

angeleyeskkhr
  • Members
  • 2,865 posts

Posted 31 August 2011 - 10:06 PM

:yahoo:

Great job Gabby!!

#363 Nemeweh

Nemeweh

    Official CB Party Planner

  • Members
  • 57 posts

Posted 01 September 2011 - 11:10 AM

YAY!


I know she's gonna love being able to do more and go more places. When can she head back to school? Any idea yet?

#364 giraffy

giraffy

    Perfect

  • Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 01 September 2011 - 11:25 AM

Next fall she should be able to start kindergarten on schedule, if we want her to. She'll be just under a year into maintenance, so if all goes well...

A friend of mine, whose son is EXACTLY a year older and diagnosed EXACTLY a year earlier (like, to the day, eerie...) is starting K next week and she's a bundle of nerves. It seems like a bit of a hassle - she'd have to be careful and avoid sick kids, be careful of her port while she's playing.... So, I'm like 94% on the send her off to school train. The other 6% screams homeschool for a year. :lol:

#365 Nemeweh

Nemeweh

    Official CB Party Planner

  • Members
  • 57 posts

Posted 06 September 2011 - 06:58 AM

Next fall she should be able to start kindergarten on schedule, if we want her to. She'll be just under a year into maintenance, so if all goes well...

A friend of mine, whose son is EXACTLY a year older and diagnosed EXACTLY a year earlier (like, to the day, eerie...) is starting K next week and she's a bundle of nerves. It seems like a bit of a hassle - she'd have to be careful and avoid sick kids, be careful of her port while she's playing.... So, I'm like 94% on the send her off to school train. The other 6% screams homeschool for a year. :lol:



Yeah. I would be totally freaked out. Have you watched a class full of kindergarteners? They are ... gross. Very cute, but ... yeah. We've never had an instance of the Flu (DD was a particular clean little critter) until DS brought it home last December. If she's only 5, I might refrain until she was 6. I guess it would depend on when her birthday is, etc..

I'm sure she ready to go already. :wub:

#366 giraffy

giraffy

    Perfect

  • Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 06 September 2011 - 12:09 PM

She'll be 5 October 11th, so she will already be an "older" kindergartener. I kind of think holding her back will do more harm than good... She's READY now. :lol:

#367 angeleyeskkhr

angeleyeskkhr
  • Members
  • 2,865 posts

Posted 06 September 2011 - 12:20 PM

She'll be 5 October 11th, so she will already be an "older" kindergartener. I kind of think holding her back will do more harm than good... She's READY now. :lol:


That is how DD was. I hated "holding her back.". Stupid state rules.

And as it is now, they are giving me lip about proof of residency. My grandmother was trying to be helpful so set up electricity and water in her name when we first moved down here. We still haven't switched it due to the need for deposits (stupid people), and our lease did NOT get updated each year (we are month to month but no plans of leaving anytime soon).

Well they claim they can ONLY accept water/light bill or copy of lease. Not my DL. Not a copy of my checkstub. Not even my freaking car insurance or cable Internet bill. Seriously? My state issued proof of residency isn't good enough?! They said they are going to "look into it" and get back to me. :glare:

Edited by angeleyeskkhr, 06 September 2011 - 12:22 PM.


#368 slow_but_eventual

slow_but_eventual
  • Members
  • 938 posts

Posted 08 September 2011 - 02:29 AM

I thought of you today when there was an ad campaign type message to raise funds for cancer treatments for little kids... one of the voices on the radio ad was what sounded like a 4-yr old saying:

"My name is Dillon and I beat Cancer."

Just thinking about it brings tears to my eyes, I'm a real big old softy when it comes to things I can't help fix that are so horrible to innocent kids and I truly don't know what to say! But, my thoughts are definitely with you & yours during and after all this struggle! My heart just feels so heavy & I probably sound ridiculous, but I am so so so empathetic :cry2: Blessings to you & all kick butt & be strong thoughts that I better stop now LOL. I love your blog posts :)

#369 Tealeaf

Tealeaf
  • Members
  • 94 posts

Posted 13 September 2011 - 08:21 AM

She'll be 5 October 11th, so she will already be an "older" kindergartener. I kind of think holding her back will do more harm than good... She's READY now. :lol:


Makes her a Libra right? We are the best :D

#370 giraffy

giraffy

    Perfect

  • Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 22 September 2011 - 09:38 AM

Maintenance is going well, so far, except for th THIRTEEN pills she has to take on Thursday's, and the no dairy after 4.

Gab and I went to the local Light the Night walk over the weekend (H was working and the other two were uninterested :lol:). Confession: I had to take off early. We left before the walk. I just couldn't be there, with all those people, and seeing her. It was too much.

Posted Image

#371 giraffy

giraffy

    Perfect

  • Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 18 October 2011 - 11:21 AM

:wave:

I can't remember if I mentioned this, but Gab is the Honored Teammate for TNT's OC Marathon team this winter. We hung out at practice two weekends ago, and greeted the runners coming back in, and gave all the women running the Nike Women's Marathon their kick-off bags. And play with dogs. :lol:
Posted Image

A tiny part of Team Gabby....
Posted Image

So far, this season, Team Gabby has raised over $55,000 to research and fight blood cancers :D

#372 squirrelgirl

squirrelgirl

    CB Queen of Understatement

  • Members
  • 22,296 posts

Posted 19 October 2011 - 10:48 PM

:wave:

I can't remember if I mentioned this, but Gab is the Honored Teammate for TNT's OC Marathon team this winter. We hung out at practice two weekends ago, and greeted the runners coming back in, and gave all the women running the Nike Women's Marathon their kick-off bags. And play with dogs. :lol:
Posted Image

A tiny part of Team Gabby....
Posted Image

So far, this season, Team Gabby has raised over $55,000 to research and fight blood cancers :D



Wow!! $55,000??? That's awesome!!!

#373 butterflywings

butterflywings

    She Tries

  • Members
  • 1,518 posts

Posted 22 October 2011 - 10:54 AM


Next fall she should be able to start kindergarten on schedule, if we want her to. She'll be just under a year into maintenance, so if all goes well...

A friend of mine, whose son is EXACTLY a year older and diagnosed EXACTLY a year earlier (like, to the day, eerie...) is starting K next week and she's a bundle of nerves. It seems like a bit of a hassle - she'd have to be careful and avoid sick kids, be careful of her port while she's playing.... So, I'm like 94% on the send her off to school train. The other 6% screams homeschool for a year. :lol:



Yeah. I would be totally freaked out. Have you watched a class full of kindergarteners? They are ... gross. Very cute, but ... yeah. We've never had an instance of the Flu (DD was a particular clean little critter) until DS brought it home last December. If she's only 5, I might refrain until she was 6. I guess it would depend on when her birthday is, etc..

I'm sure she ready to go already. :wub:


DD's been in Kindergarten what 6 weeks? And she's already had para pertussis, a cold for almost a week, and now has gastroenteritis. This is ridiculous. The teacher said all the kids in the 2 Kindergarten classes and the 2 first grades are sick constantly, and it's not just DD. My older 2 kids are just fine. I figured DD would get sick, but she's barely had a healthy day since starting.

#374 baby duck

baby duck
  • Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 23 October 2011 - 11:21 AM



Next fall she should be able to start kindergarten on schedule, if we want her to. She'll be just under a year into maintenance, so if all goes well...

A friend of mine, whose son is EXACTLY a year older and diagnosed EXACTLY a year earlier (like, to the day, eerie...) is starting K next week and she's a bundle of nerves. It seems like a bit of a hassle - she'd have to be careful and avoid sick kids, be careful of her port while she's playing.... So, I'm like 94% on the send her off to school train. The other 6% screams homeschool for a year. :lol:



Yeah. I would be totally freaked out. Have you watched a class full of kindergarteners? They are ... gross. Very cute, but ... yeah. We've never had an instance of the Flu (DD was a particular clean little critter) until DS brought it home last December. If she's only 5, I might refrain until she was 6. I guess it would depend on when her birthday is, etc..

I'm sure she ready to go already. :wub:


DD's been in Kindergarten what 6 weeks? And she's already had para pertussis, a cold for almost a week, and now has gastroenteritis. This is ridiculous. The teacher said all the kids in the 2 Kindergarten classes and the 2 first grades are sick constantly, and it's not just DD. My older 2 kids are just fine. I figured DD would get sick, but she's barely had a healthy day since starting.


Wow!?! Really? You are going to freak me out a little. DD is in kinder this year, too; and we've had nothing. She's sniffling a bit right now, but I'm sure it is allergies because I've had the windows open for almost 2 weeks now. I've actually expected her to be sick because her white counts are always wonky and no one can explain why.

She's really good about hand-washing and using hand sanitizer when she can't though, so there's that.

As long as the adults that need to know are aware of the port and the immune system issues, they can be a little extra vigilant, too.

#375 giraffy

giraffy

    Perfect

  • Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 23 October 2011 - 12:26 PM

My friends son starter K this year, and also has ALL. He has had no problems yet - she communicates with the teacher and the principal, and everyone is aware and just keeps an eye on things.

There's also another little boy with ALL in his class. Crazy :(




0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users



© Copyright 2003 - 2013 Creditboards.com. All rights reserved. No portion of this site may be reproduced without explicit permission from the owners. The content of creditboards.com is subject solely to the personal whim of its admins. We reserve the right, at our sole discretion, to remove any and all posts or comments, at any time, for any reason which takes our entirely capricious fancy, or for no particular reason whatsoever, without restriction. Comments or questions regarding the site may be addressed to admin@creditboards.com.