Welcome to CreditBoards!

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to CreditBoards! Like most online communities, you must register to post in our community, but don't worry - this is a simple process requiring minimal information for you to sign up. Be a part of CreditBoards by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Read These Items!

• If you're getting an Authentication mismatch error: Clear your cache. Log out of CB. Delete your cookie. Close your browser. Open your browser and log back in.

Photo

Approved at Regions Bank w/ several chex entries

• Please log in to reply
48 replies to this topic

#1 saltyeggs

saltyeggs
  • Members
  • 99 posts

Posted 28 December 2010 - 11:55 PM

I was approved yesterday (applied online) for a checking and savings and Regions. I made my opening deposits in-person at my local branch today. I only made the minimum $50 deposits in fear that my account may be closed. I have several entries in Chex and I am unsure about EWS/Tele Check. I was approved at Compass Bank as well (another non-chex bank) so I'm not sure if I am in EWS or not.

Should I be worried about account closure?

#2 mca

mca

Lead - Chexsystems Help Forum

• Members
  • 1,792 posts

Posted 31 December 2010 - 02:47 AM

Do you know which bank(s) are reporting you? If you have been reported to EWS then yes you should be cautious before setting up direct deposit with either of these banks. They both use EWS and generally will run the EWS report AFTER THE ACCOUNT IS OPENED.

#3 saltyeggs

saltyeggs
  • Members
  • 99 posts

Posted 05 January 2011 - 11:05 AM

Just thought I would update that my account is still open (yay!). It has been 9 days since I opened the account so I hope it stays that way. I would highly recommend Regions Bank if you have them in your area. I've had no problems with them and all my funds from checks I've cashed have been available the very next day (BOA used to put a 10 day hold on checks from my employer!).

#4 saltyeggs

saltyeggs
  • Members
  • 99 posts

Posted 06 January 2011 - 08:10 PM

Account is still open as of day 10 and it's after business hours. I hope this is a good sign. I also got my debit card in the mail today with a very generous daily spending limit of $5k and a ATM withdrawal limit of $750.

#5 mca

mca

• Members
  • 1,792 posts

Posted 08 January 2011 - 03:06 AM

This is great news. I do know alot of people have been able to open accounts at Regions even if they are reported to chexsystems. EWS is another story. It seems that they are denied if there is anything on EWS at all

#6 groze

groze
  • Members
  • 427 posts

Posted 11 January 2011 - 08:37 AM

If you have social security direct deposit. I think banks are now required to give you an account regardless of EWS/Tele Check/Chexsystems report.

The reason I say this.
Most social security recipients will be required to have direct deposit or get the Direct Express debit card issued by Commerce Bank. The government will still issue a few checks for some people. I would choose the Direct Express debit card if it was me.

Edited by groze, 11 January 2011 - 08:43 AM.

#7 nitenrz

nitenrz
  • Members
  • 151 posts

Posted 11 January 2011 - 08:35 PM

regions will close you once they figure out who you are. The do a backdoor sweep of accounts once they are opened and close them later. Could be 2 months later. It happened to me. Hopefully things will be better for you since you opened online and i opened in the store.

#8 groze

groze
  • Members
  • 427 posts

Posted 11 January 2011 - 09:08 PM

regions will close you once they figure out who you are. They do a backdoor sweep of accounts once they are opened and close them later. Could be 2 months later. It happened to me. Hopefully things will be better for you since you opened online and i opened in the store.

If that does happen, they have to give you a 30 day notice. They can't shut you down right away. This is because of direct deposit. I heard that Star Financial bank does not do EWS/Chex, just telcheck.

#9 nitenrz

nitenrz
  • Members
  • 151 posts

Posted 11 January 2011 - 09:26 PM

regions will close you once they figure out who you are. They do a backdoor sweep of accounts once they are opened and close them later. Could be 2 months later. It happened to me. Hopefully things will be better for you since you opened online and i opened in the store.

If that does happen, they have to give you a 30 day notice. They can't shut you down right away. This is because of direct deposit. I heard that Star Financial bank does not do EWS/Chex, just telcheck.

They may not close the account right away, but you wont be able to get a deposit in or make a withdrawal, even with the federal funds coming in. Happened to me. The monies got sent back to the government and i had to find another place for them to be sent to.

#10 groze

groze
  • Members
  • 427 posts

Posted 24 January 2011 - 10:20 PM

They may not close the account right away, but you wont be able to get a deposit in or make a withdrawal, even with the federal funds coming in. Happened to me. The monies got sent back to the government and i had to find another place for them to be sent to.

I know why that happened. Banks are not required to have low-cost Electronic Transfer Account (ETA) but if they do, they have to take everyone.

ETA
Cost $3.00 a month
Only receive Federal Direct Deposit
Withdraw only in person or at that banks atm
Restricted Atm card
Can't be garnished
No debit cards
No checks
Could be either consider a savings or checking-banks choice.

If that bank you had, had an ETA & you received government funds. The banks should of converted your account to an ETA or least gave you that option.

This could be a problem with Social Security going to direct deposit or direct express debit for almost everyone. Direct express debit card comes from commerce bank.

Edited by groze, 24 January 2011 - 10:21 PM.

#11 mca

mca

• Members
  • 1,792 posts

Posted 26 January 2011 - 09:00 AM

The loss prevention runs the EWS report. Generally this is done in the first few weeks of the account opening unless they are behind. If your account has been opened more than 10 days, you should be safe. As far as the account closure, typically they freeze the account and then close it after so many days (generally 30) But during that time, the account is not accessible and money can be tied up. If you have been reported to chexsystems, ews, etc and you decide to use a bank that utilizes chexsystems, ews etc.. never have all of your money in one account.

#12 star007

star007
  • Members
  • 48 posts

Posted 10 August 2011 - 02:30 PM

I was approved yesterday (applied online) for a checking and savings and Regions. I made my opening deposits in-person at my local branch today. I only made the minimum $50 deposits in fear that my account may be closed. I have several entries in Chex and I am unsure about EWS/Tele Check. I was approved at Compass Bank as well (another non-chex bank) so I'm not sure if I am in EWS or not.

Should I be worried about account closure?

Well I was told that if your account is open then it's open. they told me that this morning. Compass Bank does a Hard pull on TU!! I asked her if my account will be closed cause of this EWS and she said no. We run a hard credit check if you don't pass are guide lines then we close your account. But now they are able to do it online via app. So no more account closures. It was a problem for a while she said.

Well see i have the account for 3 days now. Not holding my breath. but we'll see. I have NFCU and plan on keeping them but nice to have a back up bank. I also have Etrade and use them all the time. But it's a brokerage account. There Visa check card has a 1000.00 withdraw limit. nice.. what's with the 300.00 limits yuk .

Good luck:angel:

#13 pamela7777

pamela7777
  • Newbies
  • 0 posts

Posted 01 October 2011 - 10:57 PM

Does compass bank have any monthly fees i am with woodforest and i have a monthly fee to pay?

#14 mommyof2_1419

mommyof2_1419
  • Newbies
  • 1 posts

Posted 27 November 2011 - 11:06 AM

I just opened an acct at Regions. I haven't funded the acct yet but I have nine days to do so. I opened it on the 23rd and I called they told me it was open and active. I am hoping it stays open though I am trying to wait till the last minute before I set up my direct deposit.

#15 saltyeggs

saltyeggs
  • Members
  • 99 posts

Posted 21 February 2012 - 12:24 AM

Just thought I would update everyone. My account at Regions has been open for going on a year and 3 months now. No problems so far. I've also since opened a Savings account and a Line of Credit with them.

#16 mca

mca

• Members
  • 1,792 posts

Posted 25 February 2012 - 02:18 AM

Just thought I would update everyone. My account at Regions has been open for going on a year and 3 months now. No problems so far. I've also since opened a Savings account and a Line of Credit with them.

:yahoo: :yahoo:

#17 pioneer2005

pioneer2005
  • Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 27 June 2012 - 06:38 PM

Good news all. I opened a checking and savings with Regions bank almost two months ago, and everything is still in good order. I know that I have been reported my chase and BOA to chexsystens. I can only assume thatt they reported me to EWS as well, since they both use it. BOA said I had account abuse. Whatever that means. I opened the account online and I funded it in the branch. Ive been told after thirty days, they usually wont close it. I hope that is true. We shall see.

#18 mca

mca

• Members
  • 1,792 posts

Posted 29 June 2012 - 01:51 AM

Good news all. I opened a checking and savings with Regions bank almost two months ago, and everything is still in good order. I know that I have been reported my chase and BOA to chexsystens. I can only assume thatt they reported me to EWS as well, since they both use it. BOA said I had account abuse. Whatever that means. I opened the account online and I funded it in the branch. Ive been told after thirty days, they usually wont close it. I hope that is true. We shall see.

Regions is a kind of hit and miss thing. Some tell me that they are approved ...others say they are denied and others say that are approved but closed a short time later.

#19 theRbro

theRbro
  • Newbies
  • 2 posts

Posted 30 August 2012 - 11:05 AM

HI

I got reported to Chexsystems and EWS on July 30 '12 by BOA for overdraft account of $272. Needless to say i've had some issues getting a new account. Signed up with Regions bank here in the state of Georgia online; That process went smoothly and then I went into the branch to make my initial deposit. Online banking is setup and my debit card has been ordered. I too am fearing that they'll close my account after the fact. I'd really like to put direct deposit on the account, however i'm going to wait a couple weeks.

Does anyone know about opening checking with USAA when you're reported to chex and EWS?

Please let me know

#20 mca

mca

• Members
  • 1,792 posts

Posted 04 September 2012 - 12:36 AM

HI

I got reported to Chexsystems and EWS on July 30 '12 by BOA for overdraft account of $272. Needless to say i've had some issues getting a new account. Signed up with Regions bank here in the state of Georgia online; That process went smoothly and then I went into the branch to make my initial deposit. Online banking is setup and my debit card has been ordered. I too am fearing that they'll close my account after the fact. I'd really like to put direct deposit on the account, however i'm going to wait a couple weeks.

Does anyone know about opening checking with USAA when you're reported to chex and EWS?

Please let me know

USAA does now use EWS. I think your Regions account should be okay. Another good one in GA to get is Renasant Bank

#21 theRbro

theRbro
  • Newbies
  • 2 posts

Posted 12 September 2012 - 11:10 AM

2 weeks and going good with Regions Bank. I received my check card last week and have made a few purchases.

I will update again probably after 30 days ;-)

#22 mca

mca

• Members
  • 1,792 posts

Posted 16 September 2012 - 07:47 PM

2 weeks and going good with Regions Bank. I received my check card last week and have made a few purchases.

I will update again probably after 30 days ;-)

Thanks for the update

#23 iCarl

iCarl
  • Members
  • 684 posts

Posted 17 September 2012 - 05:57 PM

I was told by Regions that "as long as you don't owe Regions, you're good."

YMMV.

#24 mca

mca

• Members
  • 1,792 posts

Posted 20 September 2012 - 08:29 PM

I was told by Regions that "as long as you don't owe Regions, you're good."

YMMV.

I know many many people who are "good" with Regions who have opened accounts only to have them closed later

#25 engineer2003

engineer2003
  • Newbies
  • 2 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 01:25 AM

Just an update, my regions account has been opened now for Five months, almost six. Even with BOA and wells Fargo reporting me, My account has not been closed. I think it is safe to say, that going on 6 months, they will not close me.

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© Copyright 2003 - 2013 Creditboards.com. All rights reserved. No portion of this site may be reproduced without explicit permission from the owners. The content of creditboards.com is subject solely to the personal whim of its admins. We reserve the right, at our sole discretion, to remove any and all posts or comments, at any time, for any reason which takes our entirely capricious fancy, or for no particular reason whatsoever, without restriction. Comments or questions regarding the site may be addressed to admin@creditboards.com.