Welcome to CreditBoards!

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to CreditBoards! Like most online communities, you must register to post in our community, but don't worry - this is a simple process requiring minimal information for you to sign up. Be a part of CreditBoards by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Read These Items!

• If you're getting an Authentication mismatch error: Clear your cache. Log out of CB. Delete your cookie. Close your browser. Open your browser and log back in.

Photo

Iqor Sucks

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Stoneman

Stoneman
  • Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 30 October 2010 - 09:48 PM

This company tried to contact me on a debt that I had from over TEN YEARS ago! It was earlier this year. I had filed BK about 7 years ago and included this in my debt. The only way I was ever able to get them to stop calling was to threaten them with legal action. Even if you specify the debt is beyond the legal collection limit, they don't care. Personally if I had the money I would have gone after them for unwarranted harassment. The people who work for them are lower than cockroaches.

#2 Stu.Padaso

Stu.Padaso
  • Members
  • 180 posts

Posted 03 November 2010 - 12:39 PM

I know what you mean. They had something on my report and it appeared not long before I applied for a mortgage. TD absolutely would not approve with it on there. No way around it.

It was only $40 or so, and I'm fairly certain it wasn't mine. It was supposedly for a Bell Expressvu bill. And I'm sure I never subscribed to Bell at the time because I was living in an apartment building and we weren't allow to put a dish on our balcony.

Anyways, I said to hell with it and called the number on my credit report. I didn't have time to spend trying to get it verified. For $40 I didn't really care. (I knew nothing about credit repair or how to best handle situations like this at the time.) I called and I swear on a stack of bibles I was connected with a college student in the midst of a frat house party. The ruckus in the background made it difficult for him to hear me. All he gave me was an account number at CIBC and told me to go to any branch and deposit the money in that account. When I did, I was to fax him a copy of the receipt. Which I did.

I knew nothing about 'paying for deletion'. I never even thought about it.

I gave TD a copy of the receipt and told them what Iqor asked me to do. I even gave them the fax number. They approved me for a mortgage.

For all I know I was scammed by a bunch of college students. I don't know. But I do know it completely disappeared from my credit report. Entirely gone. Vanished. So it was worth $40, in my opinion.

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© Copyright 2003 - 2013 Creditboards.com. All rights reserved. No portion of this site may be reproduced without explicit permission from the owners. The content of creditboards.com is subject solely to the personal whim of its admins. We reserve the right, at our sole discretion, to remove any and all posts or comments, at any time, for any reason which takes our entirely capricious fancy, or for no particular reason whatsoever, without restriction. Comments or questions regarding the site may be addressed to admin@creditboards.com.