Welcome to CreditBoards!

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to CreditBoards! Like most online communities, you must register to post in our community, but don't worry - this is a simple process requiring minimal information for you to sign up. Be a part of CreditBoards by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Read These Items!

• If you're getting an Authentication mismatch error: Clear your cache. Log out of CB. Delete your cookie. Close your browser. Open your browser and log back in.

Photo

YOUR "COLLECTION SCORE"

• Please log in to reply
76 replies to this topic

#1 ICANHASMUNY?

ICANHASMUNY?

Forum Leads - State Laws

• Forum Leads
  • 15,993 posts

Posted 16 October 2010 - 07:34 AM

The CRA's sell a service to the OC's, JDB's, and CA's

it's a different score of your reports - based on whether the outstanding debts are more collectable or not.

the OC's used this to determine whether they should purse collection, or sell off the debt because it isn't collectable due to your other outstanding accounts, income, etc.

the JDB's and CA's subscribe to this service ,

it's similar to the credit monitering consumers subscribe to.

so if your name is in the database of accounts that they submit to the CRA for monitering - anytime you apply for credit

the collection score rises and the OC/ CA / JDB subscriber is is notified

and since you had to give your current address, salary and employer to apply for this credit,

it's factored into your "collection" score.

the CA/JDB gets that updated information too.

so if you have outstanding defaulted debts in collections or charge offs that have been sold

and are applying for new credit or a mortgage

it really doesn't look that good........................

if you are going fishing for collectors, I hope these accounts are past the legal SOL for your state

don't kick the bear.

Also, if you are trying to clean up your reports

you have the same problem -

this info ends up on your report and is given out to anyone that subscribes.

Opting out doesn't help if they haev a legitimate business need.

Want to learn more about it?

go to any CRA website and follow the links for businesses ( not for personal or consumers )

they outline all the different services they sell to help a creditor locate you and recover the debt.

and now you know the Other reason the Credit reporting industry exists

Please don't post any of the CRA's links here on the board -

& there is no need to since these are so easy to get to.

#2 BoostMyScore

BoostMyScore
  • Members
  • 595 posts

Posted 16 October 2010 - 08:02 AM

Well that stinks. Since the CRA's are greedy. Maybe they can sell consumers a new service to opt out of this service.

#3 ICANHASMUNY?

ICANHASMUNY?

Forum Leads - State Laws

• Forum Leads
  • 15,993 posts

Posted 16 October 2010 - 08:05 AM

Used to be that consumers didn't even have access to thier own reports.

congress had to pass a law ( FCRA)

wonder why the CRA's didn't object all that much?

in order to dispute, you have to positively ID yourself

give your new address, SS# and a utility bill to prove it.

which they then turn around and could sell that info /

the FCRA was a win win for the CRA's, OC's and the CA's.

#4 key

key
  • Members
  • 146 posts

Posted 16 October 2010 - 08:25 PM

Its funny how they're in on it together. Ive looked at their business offers and they have several levels depending on what the client wants. Another reason why they're able to "verify" so quickly.

#5 ICANHASMUNY?

ICANHASMUNY?

Forum Leads - State Laws

• Forum Leads
  • 15,993 posts

Posted 16 October 2010 - 09:49 PM

Its funny how they're in on it together. Ive looked at their business offers and they have several levels depending on what the client wants. Another reason why they're able to "verify" so quickly.

Credit reporting was never developed for JQPublic

it was always set up for the business aspect, and has been that way for a long, long time

the CDIA sets the standards for credit reporting and developed all the std computer codes for EOscar.

ever though each CRA is slightly differnt, they all belong to the CDIA.

About CDIA
The Consumer Data Industry Association. is an international trade association, founded in 1906, that represents consumer information companies that provide fraud prevention and risk management products, credit and mortgage reports, tenant and employment screening services, check fraud and verification services, and collection services.

CDIA represents the consumer credit reporting information industry before state and federal legislators. It also represents the industry before the media in consumer credit reporting matters.

CDIA sets industry standards and provides business and professional education for its members. It also provides educational materials for consumers regarding their credit rights and how consumer credit reporting agencies can better serve their needs.

Membership: Over 200 American credit reporting agencies, mortgage reporting companies, collection services companies, check services companies, tenant screening companies and employment reporting companies.

so there are banks & collection agencies that help write the reporting standards.

wonder why it generally takes a well written ITS letter to get a CA deleted off your report?

#6 key

key
  • Members
  • 146 posts

Posted 16 October 2010 - 11:54 PM

Credit reporting was never developed for JQPublic

it was always set up for the business aspect, and has been that way for a long, long time

the CDIA sets the standards for credit reporting and developed all the std computer codes for EOscar.

ever though each CRA is slightly differnt, they all belong to the CDIA.

About CDIA
The Consumer Data Industry Association. is an international trade association, founded in 1906, that represents consumer information companies that provide fraud prevention and risk management products, credit and mortgage reports, tenant and employment screening services, check fraud and verification services, and collection services.

CDIA represents the consumer credit reporting information industry before state and federal legislators. It also represents the industry before the media in consumer credit reporting matters.

CDIA sets industry standards and provides business and professional education for its members. It also provides educational materials for consumers regarding their credit rights and how consumer credit reporting agencies can better serve their needs.

Membership: Over 200 American credit reporting agencies, mortgage reporting companies, collection services companies, check services companies, tenant screening companies and employment reporting companies.

so there are banks & collection agencies that help write the reporting standards.

wonder why it generally takes a well written ITS letter to get a CA deleted off your report?

I dont think I need to wonder any longer. There are some CA's Ive been fighting for years. I wish I had kept my old CR's so I could prove their false reporting... but I didnt, so I wont cry over spilled milk... I will just pull out the CB ammo I have learned/learn and use it to make my situation a better one..with hopes to never return to credit time out...

#7 Miss Jules

Miss Jules
  • Members
  • 216 posts

Posted 17 October 2010 - 12:12 AM

CDIA has this passage about:

Implementing the New Risk-Based Pricing Regulation

Due to go into effect on Jan 2011.

I found the gov document for it, it's 62 pages long. Is this going to move into the required reading category?

(I'm never going to get out of the newbie section...lol)

http://edocket.acces...df/E9-30678.pdf

#8 ICANHASMUNY?

ICANHASMUNY?

Forum Leads - State Laws

• Forum Leads
  • 15,993 posts

Posted 17 October 2010 - 07:20 AM

CDIA has this passage about:

Implementing the New Risk-Based Pricing Regulation

Due to go into effect on Jan 2011.

I found the gov document for it, it's 62 pages long. Is this going to move into the required reading category?

(I'm never going to get out of the newbie section...lol)

http://edocket.acces...df/E9-30678.pdf

sort of related, but really belongs in it's own catagory - there is probably another thread on CB.

if you were denied credit, or recieved less than favorable terms, under the FCRA

the lender or employer was required to give you an adverse notice

this seem to regulate what kind of terms they offer you -

in other words, they are going to set tiers for didferent scores.

and tell you a bit more exactly why you get a 29% interest rate., while some one else gets 15%

but yes, the CDIA also updates the reporting standards based on new goverment regulations.

#9 ICANHASMUNY?

ICANHASMUNY?

Forum Leads - State Laws

• Forum Leads
  • 15,993 posts

Posted 17 October 2010 - 07:27 AM

I misspoke earlier - banks and lenders are not allowed membership

only Credit reporting and Collection agencies. ( funny how I always make that typo..lol )

CDIA is a membership organization composed of companies engaged in the following businesses: credit reporting; mortgage reporting; tenant screening; check verification; employment reporting; fraud verification; and collection services. Most companies or businesses that are regulated by the Fair Credit Reporting Act are eligible for membership in CDIA.

However, there are companies that are not eligible for membership in CDIA. They are:
  • Commercial Banks
  • Retail Stores
  • Bankcard Issuers
  • Retail Credit Card Issuers
  • Credit Unions
  • Mortgage Brokers
  • Real Estate Agencies
  • Nonbank Banks
  • Savings and Loan Institutions

#10 Miss Jules

Miss Jules
  • Members
  • 216 posts

Posted 17 October 2010 - 11:16 AM

So people make money the lower your score is, because they can charge you a higher rate of interest. There is no incentive to correct any information. The more mistakes to keep reporting, the more secure the CRAs.

#11 ICANHASMUNY?

ICANHASMUNY?

Forum Leads - State Laws

• Forum Leads
  • 15,993 posts

Posted 17 October 2010 - 12:24 PM

welcome to enlightenment.

there is a balance/ tipping point to this

if everyone has low scores there comes a point where a majority could switch over to cash, and to HH with getting a loan.

if the banks aren't making any loans or issuing CC's, because everyones scores suck

then less need for CRA's or CA's -

that's why they occasionally revise the scoring models.....

and why every model is different

#12 Miss Jules

Miss Jules
  • Members
  • 216 posts

Posted 17 October 2010 - 12:38 PM

Do you think CRA's is what Guns & Roses was really singing about?

The lyrics fit perfectly.

Hmm.

I am not the same person I was 4 weeks ago in the way I think about these things. You guys are the best! :clapping:

#13 mrsbadcredit

mrsbadcredit
  • Members
  • 105 posts

Posted 17 October 2010 - 02:59 PM

Dang, Dang, DANG....these people are trifling.....they are really trying to keep us from getting a home, but I will not let them....they can kiss every inch of what I twist.....

#14 key

key
  • Members
  • 146 posts

Posted 17 October 2010 - 09:08 PM

Dang, Dang, DANG....these people are trifling.....they are really trying to keep us from getting a home, but I will not let them....they can kiss every inch of what I twist.....

+1.... Ive learned that you have to have credit to get credit... Ive never wanted credit cards but if I'm gonna get the house I want I am gonna have to bite the bullet... The more I read the more I realize that the credit industry SUCKS.... smh...

#15 reesie0726

reesie0726
  • Members
  • 347 posts

Posted 02 November 2010 - 09:36 PM

Yeah. I can't believe this crap. I have been wondering why these CAs have Bern coming out the woodworks since I am getting on my feet and paying my debts. O think this whole industry is slanted against the regular consumer.

#16 ICANHASMUNY?

ICANHASMUNY?

Forum Leads - State Laws

• Forum Leads
  • 15,993 posts

Posted 02 November 2010 - 09:44 PM

I was noticing so many posts over the past few years -

- like "why do the CA's pop up when I applied for a; CC, mortgage, loan"

or "tried to clean up my report"

so I did a little bit research @ the CRA's websites.

OUCH.

#17 breeze

breeze

Site Owners & FC XXXVIII <3

• Admin
  • 46,820 posts

Posted 03 November 2010 - 07:47 PM

Yes, the real big rock you want to turn over is a mortgage app. They will come out of hiding for a mortgage app. It's important, when you think you are done, and everything is clean, app for one of the online mortgage companies to draw them out and see who's laying in wait.

#18 IndigoMoon

IndigoMoon
  • Members
  • 75 posts

Posted 18 November 2010 - 09:58 PM

I just followed the business links....there's some scary stuff. I know that I will never voluntarily update my address, phone, etc,with the CRA's ever again. <_<

#19 ICANHASMUNY?

ICANHASMUNY?

Forum Leads - State Laws

• Forum Leads
  • 15,993 posts

Posted 18 November 2010 - 10:23 PM

you don't have to update anything with the CRA's

if you file a change of adress with your CC or bank,

or apply for a CC or a loan

the OC will do it for you.

#20 reesie0726

reesie0726
  • Members
  • 347 posts

Posted 19 November 2010 - 12:51 AM

I just got my Exp report after my latest disputes. It has my new land line number on it. I don't even know it. The only calls are from CAs. I feel like I can't even keep up with them. My collection score must be crazy high because they are coming out through the woodworks

#21 breeze

breeze

• Admin
  • 46,820 posts

Posted 20 November 2010 - 08:14 PM

It's also because there is activity - when you dispute, they know you are paying attention to your credit for some reason, and they start crawling out from under their rocks.

#22 T77125

T77125

Master of the Inovas

• Members
  • 663 posts

Posted 21 November 2010 - 03:44 PM

How do the CRA's know to report to? Does it go by what's on your reports or do the CA's & OC's subscribe to the service using your name, SS & addresses info regardless if it has fallen off your report or not.

Edited by The Thomas J, 21 November 2010 - 03:49 PM.

#23 ICANHASMUNY?

ICANHASMUNY?

Forum Leads - State Laws

• Forum Leads
  • 15,993 posts

Posted 21 November 2010 - 05:03 PM

go to one of the CRA's websites and click on the "For businesses" tabs

the CA's buys one of these services from the CRA

I don't know all the specific details on these services, because I never worked for a CA........

however, basically -

the CA's send thru a list of names and OC accounts to the CRA's

and the CRA's send them all the information on those names/accounts

they also will notify the CA of any changes to your file.

just like consumers subscribe to a credit monitering service,

the CA's can also monitor your report changes

#24 breeze

breeze

• Admin
  • 46,820 posts

Posted 21 November 2010 - 06:41 PM

How do the CRA's know to report to? Does it go by what's on your reports or do the CA's & OC's subscribe to the service using your name, SS & addresses info regardless if it has fallen off your report or not.

Both. Do a search for "collection triggers" - they sell lists if you are not opted out. They also sell subscriptions, where a creditor can submit a list of individuals they want monitored. Opting out doesn't stop that kind of monitoring. They have to have an account of yours for it to be legal.

#25 sonicanatidae

sonicanatidae
  • Members
  • 2,122 posts

Posted 04 January 2011 - 05:00 PM

So people make money the lower your score is, because they can charge you a higher rate of interest. There is no incentive to correct any information. The more mistakes to keep reporting, the more secure the CRAs.

This is Experian's entire business model.. *shooting spree*

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© Copyright 2003 - 2013 Creditboards.com. All rights reserved. No portion of this site may be reproduced without explicit permission from the owners. The content of creditboards.com is subject solely to the personal whim of its admins. We reserve the right, at our sole discretion, to remove any and all posts or comments, at any time, for any reason which takes our entirely capricious fancy, or for no particular reason whatsoever, without restriction. Comments or questions regarding the site may be addressed to admin@creditboards.com.