Welcome to CreditBoards!

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to CreditBoards! Like most online communities, you must register to post in our community, but don't worry - this is a simple process requiring minimal information for you to sign up. Be a part of CreditBoards by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Read These Items!

• If you're getting an Authentication mismatch error: Clear your cache. Log out of CB. Delete your cookie. Close your browser. Open your browser and log back in.

Photo

Anacott financial has anyone heard of them????

• Please log in to reply
101 replies to this topic

#1 fixinitup2buy

fixinitup2buy
  • Members
  • 106 posts

Posted 13 September 2010 - 12:21 AM

Lastweek I was looking for some cc to apply for and xxxxxx website was this new card called annacott financial....so i applied for it and they gave me a aprroval for 1700 credit line but I have never heard of them. Has anyone out there in CB have heard of them?? I honestly think I was scamed bcuz i paid my fee of 99 dollars but haven't heard anythingfrom them. What should I do to verify that this company is legit??

Any help will help me....thanks

#2 emtpdeej

emtpdeej
  • Members
  • 116 posts

Posted 13 September 2010 - 12:51 AM

I also saw that, and I thought there was something fishy about it...tried googling for them and came up empty.

Except for...

Blue horseshoe LOVES Anacott Steel. Great movie, can't wait to see the sequel.

#3 RadioRob

RadioRob
  • Members
  • 724 posts

Posted 13 September 2010 - 01:23 AM

Do you potentially mean Anacott Financial?
https://anacottfinancial.com/about.php

They appear to be a newer financial organization (founded in 2005) that has a lot of references to helping those with bad credit.

They're listed in Bankrate.com's searchable DB in the bad credit section.
http://www.bankrate....d... bad credit

I could not find any real major reviews, but I did not look too much.

#4 fixinitup2buy

fixinitup2buy
  • Members
  • 106 posts

Posted 13 September 2010 - 01:39 AM

Thanks for the help on this I just hope this legit and not a scam cuz I will be out 99 dollars.....I really worked hard on my credit getting it cleared up. I have another ? mayb I can get some feedbk on...I have finish disputing my first rd out accts on my cr but there is still 4 cc that have been charged off to coll agnt where do I go from here?

Thanks for any feedbk!!

#5 centex

centex
  • Members
  • 18,370 posts

Posted 13 September 2010 - 06:54 AM

Red flags all over the place about just how useable any credit line might be...their display image does not show the Visa or MasterCard logo. Further, the terms and conditions link does not show anything at all about the card. In otherwords, the required disclosures do not appear to be present on the website...

The other big red flag that something is amiss is the issuance of a $1700 line despite what OP describes as the other issues on their credit report...

My guess is this is a pseudo-merchandise card that MIGHT have some line that can be used on the particular network (since we don't even know from the website whether it is a Visa card or a Mastercard product...)

#6 fixinitup2buy

fixinitup2buy
  • Members
  • 106 posts

Posted 13 September 2010 - 07:39 AM

So what do I do now? Who do I notify since they have my payment info and a copy of my driver lic? Becuz I dnt want any fraud happening on my cr I have tried hard to clean it up and this happens to me.... Ugh!
When I applied they did tell me it was a mc and that there underwritters were going to be contacting me in about 3 bus days....and that still hasn't happen.....any good feedbk for me on this issu?

#7 BoostMyScore

BoostMyScore
  • Members
  • 595 posts

Posted 13 September 2010 - 07:45 AM

Is that a $99 annual fee? :(

#8 fixinitup2buy

fixinitup2buy
  • Members
  • 106 posts

Posted 13 September 2010 - 08:03 AM

No not a annual fee cuz i just went on there website and the says they don't require and annual fee....i thought it was a set up or something......This is a great way to start my day :(
I have already called my cc company to inform them of this issue they said I am able to dispute once it's been charged on to my account....I guess that is a plus part I hope! If anyone has any other feedbk I would love to hear it...thanks

#9 fixinitup2buy

fixinitup2buy
  • Members
  • 106 posts

Posted 13 September 2010 - 10:03 AM

A sigh of happiness...I canceld my old fp cc and they are marking my acct as fraud and they are sending new one's.....this day might turn out ok after all...YAY!!

#10 Markie21

Markie21
  • Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 13 September 2010 - 02:09 PM

I also paid the 99 fee. They said it then gets sent to an underwriter which takes about 3-5 business days then you get your card 10-14 days afterward...... I don't think it's a scam but you never know

#11 fixinitup2buy

fixinitup2buy
  • Members
  • 106 posts

Posted 13 September 2010 - 02:18 PM

if you dnt mind me asking how much did you get aprroved for and did they ask for a copy of your DL and the credit card you used for the 99 dollars?

#12 babyarho2010

babyarho2010
  • Members
  • 820 posts

Posted 13 September 2010 - 02:19 PM

Has anyone actually received this card? Does it report to the big 3??

#13 centex

centex
  • Members
  • 18,370 posts

Posted 13 September 2010 - 02:23 PM

AGAIN...

The lack of card-related disclosures should be a red flag to ANYONE even remotely contemplating a product that requires a fee upfront AND where the website does not show a display card with either the Visa or MasterCard logo.

#14 Markie21

Markie21
  • Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 13 September 2010 - 03:41 PM

I was approved for 1800. I've called and spoke to this company. They seem legit. Can someone do se more research ? I would like to know if anyone has this card. I feel that we will receive the card but there will be some unexpected things that weren't explained

#15 centex

centex
  • Members
  • 18,370 posts

Posted 13 September 2010 - 04:03 PM

I was approved for 1800. I've called and spoke to this company. They seem legit. Can someone do se more research ? I would like to know if anyone has this card. I feel that we will receive the card but there will be some unexpected things that weren't explained

You mean like the actual terms of the card which SHOULD have plainly been viewable on the website as disclosures that could be read prior to making application???

And in the absence of those disclosures, what specifically makes you form the opinion that they 'seem legit?' Let's face it, many scam operations have boiler rooms that are filled with well-spoken individuals who have a singular goal of separating people from their money (in this case, ninety nine bucks at a time).

#16 Markie21

Markie21
  • Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 13 September 2010 - 04:21 PM

You mean like the actual terms of the card which SHOULD have plainly been viewable on the website as disclosures that could be read prior to making application???

And in the absence of those disclosures, what specifically makes you form the opinion that they 'seem legit?' Let's face it, many scam operations have boiler rooms that are filled with well-spoken individuals who have a singular goal of separating people from their money (in this case, ninety nine bucks at a time).

Actually the terms and conditions page pops up on the left after you apply

#17 breeze

breeze

Site Owners & FC XXXVIII

• Admin
  • 46,252 posts

Posted 13 September 2010 - 04:28 PM

There is a link to the T&C right on the app page. No one here knows whether or not there is any element of scam to this at this point, because no one seems to have read the T&C. :angry:

#18 centex

centex
  • Members
  • 18,370 posts

Posted 13 September 2010 - 04:47 PM

There is a link to the T&C right on the app page. No one here knows whether or not there is any element of scam to this at this point, because no one seems to have read the T&C. :angry:

The terms that show up prior to the application ARE NOT card-related disclosures. I have tried looking in both Netscape AND Explorer. Instead, they are related to the use of information... https://anacottfinancial.com/terms.php

And the fact that they want people to blindly fill in an application without providing the Schumer box beforehand is enough for me to call el caca de toro.

It also begs the questions of why they do not disply PROMINENTLY the Regulation Z disclosures.

If blindly applying for a card when you don't even know what terms apply makes sense, then, hey, go for it...but the absence of those disclosures in a prominent location should make the FISCALLY AWARE applicant who gives a damn about their financial health take a moment to think about what the hell is going on...

#19 centex

centex
  • Members
  • 18,370 posts

Posted 13 September 2010 - 04:50 PM

Actually the terms and conditions page pops up on the left after you apply

And you don't see the problem with that approach?

For as much grief as I put forth about the POS CCARD legislation, this seems to be precisely the sort of product that created the very need for that piece of crap...

Edited by centex, 13 September 2010 - 04:50 PM.

#20 foxmid

foxmid
  • Members
  • 675 posts

Posted 13 September 2010 - 04:52 PM

There is a link to the T&C right on the app page. No one here knows whether or not there is any element of scam to this at this point, because no one seems to have read the T&C. :P

I've been around and around, have even gotten half way through submitting an app (with bogus info, of course), and the only T&C that's been available is for their website. Nothing on the card at all. Pretty much screams scam to me.

It's truly a sign of how desperately some people need credit - I'd never actually enter a credit card # in the form and be charged $100, when no info is given on what exactly you're paying for.

#21 centex

centex
  • Members
  • 18,370 posts

Posted 13 September 2010 - 05:57 PM

There is a link to the T&C right on the app page. No one here knows whether or not there is any element of scam to this at this point, because no one seems to have read the T&C. :)

I've been around and around, have even gotten half way through submitting an app (with bogus info, of course), and the only T&C that's been available is for their website. Nothing on the card at all. Pretty much screams scam to me.

It's truly a sign of how desperately some people need credit - I'd never actually enter a credit card # in the form and be charged $100, when no info is given on what exactly you're paying for.

Especially after you DO read the POS TOS they have that describes the "TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMISSIBLE PURSUANT TO APPLICABLE LAW, THE MATERIALS ON THIS WEBSITE ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" AND WITHOUT WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND EITHER EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED AND Anacott Financial LLC AND ITS SUBSIDIARIES AND AFFILIATES (COLLECTIVELY, "Anacott Financial") DISCLAIM ALL WARRANTIES, EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE."

Yeah, that is precisely what I look for in a prospective creditor... ;)

Also of mild interest was that the one page of crap they offer up on a TOS makes NO reference whatsoever to the Visa or MasterCard trademarks.

Oh yeah, and you really have to like the link to "www.Anacott Finanacial.com/privacy-policy.php" in their privacy policy page. That is correct, the incorrect spelling of financial is in a link to their privacy statement posted umm, in their privacy statement. But apparently that is linked in order to comply with California law.

There is just too much stuff there that does not add up. If you do not want to call it a scam yet, at least let it raise MANY red flags that suggest A LOT of due diligence is in order...

Edited by centex, 13 September 2010 - 05:58 PM.

#22 paw67

paw67
  • Members
  • 1,363 posts

Posted 13 September 2010 - 06:52 PM

Red flags all over the place about just how useable any credit line might be...their display image does not show the Visa or MasterCard logo. Further, the terms and conditions link does not show anything at all about the card. In otherwords, the required disclosures do not appear to be present on the website...

The other big red flag that something is amiss is the issuance of a $1700 line despite what OP describes as the other issues on their credit report...

My guess is this is a pseudo-merchandise card that MIGHT have some line that can be used on the particular network (since we don't even know from the website whether it is a Visa card or a Mastercard product...)

I have to agree with the points made here. The card they show does not have the visa/mc logo. They show them on their website but that is probably just to let you know that you need a visa/mc to charge the $99 fee to. I imagine this is a merchant type card and you will get a catalog or website with products you can purchase for much higher prices then you can purchase elsewhere.

As for the $99 I thought I read on the website that it is a 1 time fee that will be refunded when you make your first payment.

Patty

#23 foxmid

foxmid
  • Members
  • 675 posts

Posted 13 September 2010 - 11:31 PM

There is a link to the T&C right on the app page. No one here knows whether or not there is any element of scam to this at this point, because no one seems to have read the T&C. ;)

Especially after you DO read the POS TOS they have that describes the "TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMISSIBLE PURSUANT TO APPLICABLE LAW, THE MATERIALS ON THIS WEBSITE ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" AND WITHOUT WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND EITHER EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED AND Anacott Financial LLC AND ITS SUBSIDIARIES AND AFFILIATES (COLLECTIVELY, "Anacott Financial") DISCLAIM ALL WARRANTIES, EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE."

Yeah, that is precisely what I look for in a prospective creditor... :P

Also of mild interest was that the one page of crap they offer up on a TOS makes NO reference whatsoever to the Visa or MasterCard trademarks.

Oh yeah, and you really have to like the link to "www.Anacott Finanacial.com/privacy-policy.php" in their privacy policy page. That is correct, the incorrect spelling of financial is in a link to their privacy statement posted umm, in their privacy statement. But apparently that is linked in order to comply with California law.

There is just too much stuff there that does not add up. If you do not want to call it a scam yet, at least let it raise MANY red flags that suggest A LOT of due diligence is in order...

Adding to what you've posted above, which one would hope would alarm even the least savvy consumer among us, when the company name is searched, all is returned are various PR type sites linking you directly to the application. No terms, no happy customer reviews, no horror stories, nothing. Just a PR puff piece with a direct link to the application page.

I bet one would probably be surprised by the domain / hosting registration information, as well. AFAIC, it's case closed, though. Why even look any further? Obvious scam is obvious. Danger, Will Robinson!!

#24 truthbtold

truthbtold
  • Newbies
  • 1 posts

Posted 14 September 2010 - 12:03 AM

... ANACOTT FINANCIAL... IS A SCAM...SCAM SCAM NO CREDIT NOT LEGIT!

A comment about Anacott Financial was posted by a Terry Gekko on Gather.com Hmm... Michael Douglas played Mr.Gekko in the movie Wall Street.... and Anacott Steel was used as a code they used for the scam and stealing they did in this movie...... coincidence... I think not!

The website has only been operating since the end of JULY 2010. Yet they say they have been around since 2005 look it up on line at whois domain... They have no Visa or Mastercard logo on ANY pictures of their cards. The only good things I have read online have been posted within the last month or so and probabaly written by those behind this scheme.

The Verifying Secure company 'validating' the security of the site all signs point they should not be trusted as well.

Anacott Financial is not found on the BBB. No company information or history can be found. . . . DO NOT go through Anacott ...

No CARD has been received by me or many other victims in this scam. All in all I had to go to the bank and cancel accounts, put a guard up on my credit.

#25 mordaane

mordaane
  • Members
  • 125 posts

Posted 14 September 2010 - 12:36 AM

:P Why apply for a card from an organization that you never heard of ??> ;)

Scary!

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© Copyright 2003 - 2013 Creditboards.com. All rights reserved. No portion of this site may be reproduced without explicit permission from the owners. The content of creditboards.com is subject solely to the personal whim of its admins. We reserve the right, at our sole discretion, to remove any and all posts or comments, at any time, for any reason which takes our entirely capricious fancy, or for no particular reason whatsoever, without restriction. Comments or questions regarding the site may be addressed to admin@creditboards.com.