Welcome to CreditBoards!

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to CreditBoards! Like most online communities, you must register to post in our community, but don't worry - this is a simple process requiring minimal information for you to sign up. Be a part of CreditBoards by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Read These Items!

• If you're getting an Authentication mismatch error: Clear your cache. Log out of CB. Delete your cookie. Close your browser. Open your browser and log back in.

Photo

Chexsystems/bankruptcy

• Please log in to reply
38 replies to this topic

#26 les28

les28
  • Members
  • 38 posts

Posted 28 March 2011 - 09:07 AM

do anyone have a fax or telephone # for telecheck? I just sent over my paperwork to chexsystem and wanted to do the same for telecheck? Thanks.

#27 mca

mca

Lead - Chexsystems Help Forum

• Members
  • 1,792 posts

Posted 28 March 2011 - 04:09 PM

do anyone have a fax or telephone # for telecheck? I just sent over my paperwork to chexsystem and wanted to do the same for telecheck? Thanks.

TELECHECK

Declined Check Information for Check Writers
1-800-366-2425

Free annual file disclosure pursuant to the Fair Credit Reporting Act
1-800-TELECHECK

Returned Check Collection
1-800-366-2425

Headquarters
TeleCheck Services, Inc.
5251 Westheimer
Houston, Texas 77056

#28 gabbyraja

gabbyraja
  • Members
  • 1,215 posts

Posted 14 June 2011 - 08:44 AM

TELECHECK

1-800-366-2425

1-800-TELECHECK

1-800-366-2425

Headquarters
TeleCheck Services, Inc.
5251 Westheimer
Houston, Texas 77056

Has anyone actually had any luck calling that number and getting any info? I just keep getting the LONG message that tells you you can visit their website or send a letter. Visit their website and it tells you to send a letter. Consensus appear to be you can only send a letter...

#29 mca

mca

• Members
  • 1,792 posts

Posted 17 June 2011 - 04:55 AM

TELECHECK

1-800-366-2425

1-800-TELECHECK

1-800-366-2425

Headquarters
TeleCheck Services, Inc.
5251 Westheimer
Houston, Texas 77056

Has anyone actually had any luck calling that number and getting any info? I just keep getting the LONG message that tells you you can visit their website or send a letter. Visit their website and it tells you to send a letter. Consensus appear to be you can only send a letter...

Their service stinks.. you are right, you will most likely have to send a letter

#30 shiayaria

shiayaria
  • Members
  • 252 posts

Posted 01 July 2011 - 01:35 PM

I just called the BK # posted above and the CSR told me to fax the filing or discharge papers and they will remove any entries earlier than the discharge date, no questions asked!

Thanks bunches CB is the best...on my way to the fax machine now!

#31 nvnikkid

nvnikkid
  • Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 20 July 2011 - 09:03 PM

This forum is great! I too called Telecheck and Chexsystems and they asked me to fax over a copy of the BK. I called back, they state it takes 8-10 days to have them deleted and to call back. I am so excited. My next question is if the bank such as Wells Fargo was IIB, will they open another account once Chexsystems is cleared. If it is the wrong place to post, please forgive me.

ND

#32 mca

mca

• Members
  • 1,792 posts

Posted 21 July 2011 - 05:04 AM

This forum is great! I too called Telecheck and Chexsystems and they asked me to fax over a copy of the BK. I called back, they state it takes 8-10 days to have them deleted and to call back. I am so excited. My next question is if the bank such as Wells Fargo was IIB, will they open another account once Chexsystems is cleared. If it is the wrong place to post, please forgive me.

ND

Generally no they would not open an account for you because even if you are removed from chexsystems, most banks still keep their own records

#33 nvnikkid

nvnikkid
  • Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 23 July 2011 - 09:00 AM

ND

Generally no they would not open an account for you because even if you are removed from chexsystems, most banks still keep their own records

Thanks MCA for the response!

#34 prindia

prindia
  • Members
  • 264 posts

Posted 13 October 2011 - 09:03 PM

If I had an account with Washington mutual will chase not open up an account if I closed it with a balance. I am about to file bk in a few weeks and wanted to open an account with chase.

#35 mca

mca

• Members
  • 1,792 posts

Posted 17 October 2011 - 12:43 PM

If I had an account with Washington mutual will chase not open up an account if I closed it with a balance. I am about to file bk in a few weeks and wanted to open an account with chase.

No generally even if you are removed from chexsystems they will keep personal records and still deny you. I am not sure how far back Chase will check the records of WAMU. Also WAMU reports to EWS and Chase generally never approves anyone reported to EWS

#36 prindia

prindia
  • Members
  • 264 posts

Posted 22 October 2011 - 08:31 AM

Okay thanks I guess I will search and find out the contact information for EWS to find out if I'm on their reports.
It's been five years ....

#37 mca

mca

• Members
  • 1,792 posts

Posted 24 October 2011 - 10:56 PM

Okay thanks I guess I will search and find out the contact information for EWS to find out if I'm on their reports.
It's been five years ....

Here is the contact information for EWS and other helpful information

http://www.chexsyste...g_Services.html

#38 stroked89coupe

stroked89coupe

Troll Patrol

• Mod Squad
  • 4,304 posts

Posted 09 January 2012 - 11:42 AM

MCM,

The following number will not be available after January 31st, 2012 :

Chex - 800-934-5458

No new number was given. This was on a pre-recorded message advising this when I contacted them today.

Also EWS also is making me verify my ID by sending a copy of my drivers license in to them before they can do anything with my BK and updating anything to zero.

Figured I'd let you guys know.

#39 mca

mca

• Members
  • 1,792 posts

Posted 12 January 2012 - 11:54 AM

MCM,

The following number will not be available after January 31st, 2012 :

Chex - 800-934-5458

No new number was given. This was on a pre-recorded message advising this when I contacted them today.

Also EWS also is making me verify my ID by sending a copy of my drivers license in to them before they can do anything with my BK and updating anything to zero.

Figured I'd let you guys know.

Thanks for letting me know ...
EWS is a credit reporting agency the same as chexsystems. Because of this, you are entitled to see a copy of your report and it is your right to dispute.

What information should you give them:
1. name
2. address
3. social security number
4. drivers license number
5. previous address if you have moved in the last 5 years.

When you request a report from chexsystems, ews, or telecheck, avoid giving them any information that is not absolutely necessary.

For example: if they ask where you work and for the address, phone etc,. I would not give them this information. Tell them you are currently unemployed.

If they ask for current checking account information. Simply say you have none. Do not volunteer any information. They have no right to ask for this information or for a cancelled check.

It is your right to a FREE annual report by providing basic information:
name, address, social security number ..if the address has changed, they may need something to verify this. They have no right to know the name of your employer, phone numbers, or other account information or cancelled checks.

If they refuse to give you a copy of your report:
1. file a complaint with the FTC https://www.ftccomplaintassistant.gov/

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© Copyright 2003 - 2013 Creditboards.com. All rights reserved. No portion of this site may be reproduced without explicit permission from the owners. The content of creditboards.com is subject solely to the personal whim of its admins. We reserve the right, at our sole discretion, to remove any and all posts or comments, at any time, for any reason which takes our entirely capricious fancy, or for no particular reason whatsoever, without restriction. Comments or questions regarding the site may be addressed to admin@creditboards.com.