Welcome to CreditBoards!

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to CreditBoards! Like most online communities, you must register to post in our community, but don't worry - this is a simple process requiring minimal information for you to sign up. Be a part of CreditBoards by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Read These Items!

• If you're getting an Authentication mismatch error: Clear your cache. Log out of CB. Delete your cookie. Close your browser. Open your browser and log back in.

Photo

AAFES Mililtary Star Rewards Card...Approved!

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 mastergunner

mastergunner
  • Members
  • 179 posts

Posted 01 June 2010 - 05:06 PM

So, I'm going through my CR's looking to rehab a few accounts charged off and I stumble on my old Military Star Card...I had them send me to the TOPS program and the IRS redirected ALL of my IRS Refund Checks for 10 years!!!

I thought WTH, I'll see if they can do anything; I apply on line; they say pending and nothing else.

Today I get a Military Star Rewards card with a CL of $3600.00!!! No Way!!! ;)

This should look nice on my CR's, sitting there next to the toy cards I just got approved for this past weekend....

Me so happy! :)

#2 hinklesc

hinklesc

Dr Dew Rag

• Members
  • 4,342 posts

Posted 01 June 2010 - 05:08 PM

Congrats!

BTW who is the creditor for these accounts? (When I was in the miltary I was too young and kept getting denied credit. Until college campus got me. ;) )

#3 mastergunner

mastergunner
  • Members
  • 179 posts

Posted 01 June 2010 - 05:46 PM

Congrats!

BTW who is the creditor for these accounts? (When I was in the miltary I was too young and kept getting denied credit. Until college campus got me. :lol: )

Many Tanks! The one I was approved for has the Chase Rewards Program, but they have a store card too.

I guess being retired military does have extra benefits. Man this line is really going to help on my CRs.

#4 mordaane

mordaane
  • Members
  • 125 posts

Posted 26 July 2010 - 01:39 AM

I applied for the same card today online for kicks. I am currently an employee with AAFES, Sales Area Manager, and was approved for the Chase Card with a $4700 limit.

Besides using the card for potentially the 5 to 10 cents gas savings per gallon...I am not too sure what else I would use it for.

Congrads on your the card.

#5 natenapril

natenapril
  • Members
  • 91 posts

Posted 04 December 2010 - 07:18 PM

COngrats!

#6 hotmama973355

hotmama973355
  • Members
  • 499 posts

Posted 21 June 2011 - 10:36 PM

Congrats!

BTW who is the creditor for these accounts? (When I was in the miltary I was too young and kept getting denied credit. Until college campus got me. :lol: )

Many Tanks! The one I was approved for has the Chase Rewards Program, but they have a store card too.

I guess being retired military does have extra benefits. Man this line is really going to help on my CRs.

Did you apply for the Chase Star Rewards on the AAFES website or in store? What were our scores at the time of approval?

#7 QueenJames

QueenJames
  • Newbies
  • 1 posts

Posted 21 September 2011 - 03:45 PM

Do you know if we can still apply as Veterans? And can you hint to me a credit score limit they have for approval, if you could guess?. This would be good for my husband, but he is about to ETS and I want to make sure we grab up all the benefits we can before then!

#8 ssbgoodwin

ssbgoodwin
  • Members
  • 24 posts

Posted 02 October 2011 - 02:28 AM

I applied for this card yesterday at the exchange and was approved for a credit limit of $3,600 as well. My score is in the mid 600s for all three bureaus. My DH is active duty military.

#9 YHWHudah

YHWHudah
  • Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 06 December 2011 - 03:19 PM

<br />Do you know if we can still apply as Veterans? And can you hint to me a credit score limit they have for approval, if you could guess?. This would be good for my husband, but he is about to ETS and I want to make sure we grab up all the benefits we can before then!<br />

<br /><br /><br />

I saw your question and thought i'll chime in. Yes, you can apply as a Veteran. I have Military Star card with 8700 credit limit and Take It Home with 4500 credit limit and I am a Veteran.

#10 mike82fl

mike82fl
  • Members
  • 615 posts

Posted 24 December 2011 - 12:16 PM

<br />Do you know if we can still apply as Veterans? And can you hint to me a credit score limit they have for approval, if you could guess?. This would be good for my husband, but he is about to ETS and I want to make sure we grab up all the benefits we can before then!<br />

<br /><br /><br />

I saw your question and thought i'll chime in. Yes, you can apply as a Veteran. I have Military Star card with 8700 credit limit and Take It Home with 4500 credit limit and I am a Veteran.

are you a retired veteran? retired vets keep on-post buying privileges.

did you apply after you ETS'd or is this something you had while active and kept after?

Edited by mike82fl, 24 December 2011 - 12:17 PM.

#11 GolfNut

GolfNut
  • Members
  • 1,215 posts

Posted 03 January 2012 - 04:49 PM

This is sort of an older thread, but this past fall AAFES changed the reward program for food vendors...You used to get punch cards where after a certain number of punches you get a free meal; I noticed many bases did things differently...There is the main COMBO CARD where you buy 8 combos and are awarded a free meal. My bases burger king has their own Burger King exclusive combo card which offers a free meal after 5 purchases (better deal than the combo card's 8 punches). In the past, if you used your mil* card you got two punches...Now you get one punch but a 10% discount. Rumors were they're suppose to phase out the punch card program but my base was still actively handing out punch cards if you asked.

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© Copyright 2003 - 2013 Creditboards.com. All rights reserved. No portion of this site may be reproduced without explicit permission from the owners. The content of creditboards.com is subject solely to the personal whim of its admins. We reserve the right, at our sole discretion, to remove any and all posts or comments, at any time, for any reason which takes our entirely capricious fancy, or for no particular reason whatsoever, without restriction. Comments or questions regarding the site may be addressed to admin@creditboards.com.