Welcome to CreditBoards!

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to CreditBoards! Like most online communities, you must register to post in our community, but don't worry - this is a simple process requiring minimal information for you to sign up. Be a part of CreditBoards by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Read These Items!

• If you're getting an Authentication mismatch error: Clear your cache. Log out of CB. Delete your cookie. Close your browser. Open your browser and log back in.

Photo

Rome Finance anyone?

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 vetswife

vetswife
  • Members
  • 2,419 posts

Posted 29 April 2010 - 09:16 PM

please tell me your experience with them

theyve been sued by the Tn AG to the tune of 10 million and are about to be sued by the NY AG...

theyre pulling a stunt with me

Id like to warn anyone fresh to the military about this company...and hear experiences anyone else might have

give me ammo guys

#2 Moorlock21

Moorlock21
  • Members
  • 354 posts

Posted 30 April 2010 - 07:50 AM

Sorry, I don't know anything about Rome Finance...

Joe

#3 mastergunner

mastergunner
  • Members
  • 179 posts

Posted 30 April 2010 - 02:10 PM

Never heard of them either.

I just went to their website though....WTF?

Must be one of those companies the Army warned us about in Personal Financial Readiness Classes :dntknw: ...(you know those classes, AKA the one hour Power Snooze!)

Edited by mastergunner, 30 April 2010 - 02:10 PM.

#4 vetswife

vetswife
  • Members
  • 2,419 posts

Posted 30 April 2010 - 09:08 PM

yeah, theyre terrible...I dont know how my husband got mixed up with it...

most of his battle buddies did too...blows my mind why anyone thinks its a good idea

google rome finance and the NY AG or the TN AG

#5 frosty_65

frosty_65
  • Members
  • 36 posts

Posted 03 May 2010 - 11:16 AM

I was given many warnings about companies like this. What is sad is they are around all military bases and are not black listed to military members even though the officers who are in charge know that Troops get ripped off all the time. Another company Troops need to stay away from is Pioneer. They charge to much for everything and interest rates are high even with high credit scores.

#6 vetswife

vetswife
  • Members
  • 2,419 posts

Posted 03 May 2010 - 12:33 PM

indeed...I was credit savy before enlisting but I was raised in a financially consciencious household

many that enlist...are not
my husband and some of the guys he served with got bit by this one

I wound having this deleted by sat morning and will feed them to the wolves if i have to...but hopefully this will serve as a warning to others

#7 brwnngj

brwnngj
  • Members
  • 127 posts

Posted 18 November 2010 - 12:25 AM

These Bastards reappeared on my credit from 1999 to the tune of $6500 and now apparantly have done a default judgement against me. I was never served and I am no longer in the state the judgement was done in last month what if anything can I do?

#8 breeze

breeze

Site Owners & FC XXXVIII <3

• Admin
  • 47,194 posts

Posted 20 November 2010 - 08:06 PM

If you weren't served, you may be able to have the judgment vacated. You would need to go to the court where the judgment was granted. First get copies of the file, and everything in it. You can probably call and have them faxed or mailed, for a fee.

#9 armywife4110

armywife4110
  • Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 08 April 2011 - 08:07 PM

My husband has them on his credit for over 6k... i believe it is for a laptop... talk about price gouging. isnt there a law against that? just saying

#10 brwnngj

brwnngj
  • Members
  • 127 posts

Posted 23 April 2011 - 02:51 PM

My husband has them on his credit for over 6k... i believe it is for a laptop... talk about price gouging. isnt there a law against that? just saying

Try $26000 lol for a laptop from 1998. I am now filing bankruptcy and it actually felt good to tell them to F off. Thats been the only decent thing about this BK. I may feel differently after all is said and done but right now I have a splitting headache which I am sure will stick around for the next couple months.

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© Copyright 2003 - 2013 Creditboards.com. All rights reserved. No portion of this site may be reproduced without explicit permission from the owners. The content of creditboards.com is subject solely to the personal whim of its admins. We reserve the right, at our sole discretion, to remove any and all posts or comments, at any time, for any reason which takes our entirely capricious fancy, or for no particular reason whatsoever, without restriction. Comments or questions regarding the site may be addressed to admin@creditboards.com.