Welcome to CreditBoards!

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to CreditBoards! Like most online communities, you must register to post in our community, but don't worry - this is a simple process requiring minimal information for you to sign up. Be a part of CreditBoards by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Read These Items!

• If you're getting an Authentication mismatch error: Clear your cache. Log out of CB. Delete your cookie. Close your browser. Open your browser and log back in.

Photo

Sears Approved!

• Please log in to reply
45 replies to this topic

#26 djduane

djduane
  • Members
  • 88 posts

Posted 22 April 2010 - 04:43 PM

I just called Sears and was approved for $5,000 CL. I'll take it. :rofl:

#27 clintbeastwood

clintbeastwood
  • Members
  • 517 posts

Posted 22 April 2010 - 05:52 PM

I just called Sears and was approved for $5,000 CL. I'll take it. :cry2:

congrats!

How much did you request?

what does your file look like?

#28 greywolf

greywolf
  • Members
  • 3,703 posts

Posted 22 April 2010 - 07:31 PM

I just called Sears and was approved for $5,000 CL. I'll take it. :cry2:

:wub: Congrats! Sears is a great account to have, as they always have something one can use.

#29 caliman10

caliman10
  • Members
  • 175 posts

Posted 22 April 2010 - 10:25 PM

Is Sears a revolving, net or both?

#30 ansky0007

ansky0007
  • Members
  • 830 posts

Posted 22 April 2010 - 11:00 PM

NET 30 - There is NO REVOLVING sears business account.

#31 greywolf

greywolf
  • Members
  • 3,703 posts

Posted 22 April 2010 - 11:09 PM

NET 30 - There is NO REVOLVING sears business account.

I'm gonna have to find even bigger font :angry:

FYI
SEARS IS NOT REVOLVING
CSRs will say it is revolving, but it is net 30/60.

Edited by greywolf, 22 April 2010 - 11:10 PM.

#32 Dcbois

Dcbois
  • Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 26 April 2010 - 09:01 PM

I just called Sears.
The rep asked questions to verify the company information.
End result: $5000 credit approved.

Card will come to me within 7 to 10 business days.

Am I happy?
Yes! :P

Awesome! I want to apply for one as well. Just printed out the application. Should I bother to put my SS in the PG section? I haven't been in business for the two years they require. Should I just leave the SS blank and fill everythting else out? My personal credit sucks right now after a long layoff. What about the banking info? I have a business acct, but a low balance in it. Do they actually check that?
Thanks..

#33 djduane

djduane
  • Members
  • 88 posts

Posted 27 April 2010 - 03:48 AM

I just called Sears and was approved for $5,000 CL. I'll take it. :offtopic:

congrats!

How much did you request?

what does your file look like?

Thanks!!
I didn't request a specific amount.
My file is DNB-80 13 TL, EXP-87 7 TL, EQ 7TL

Edited by djduane, 27 April 2010 - 03:49 AM.

#34 djduane

djduane
  • Members
  • 88 posts

Posted 27 April 2010 - 03:50 AM

I just called Sears and was approved for $5,000 CL. I'll take it. :D

:clapping: Congrats! Sears is a great account to have, as they always have something one can use.

Thanks Wolf, and you're right, there's always something one can find at Sears!!

#35 Falcon1871

Falcon1871
  • Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 30 April 2010 - 02:54 PM

I just called Sears.

Am I happy?
Yes! :rofl:

Awesome! I want to apply for one as well. Just printed out the application. Should I bother to put my SS in the PG section? I haven't been in business for the two years they require. Should I just leave the SS blank and fill everythting else out? My personal credit sucks right now after a long layoff. What about the banking info? I have a business acct, but a low balance in it. Do they actually check that?
Thanks..

I did leave all the personal info places empty.
The rest, I filled out, including my bank account info and 4 references.
Do they check? I don't know.

I just got my card today, and called to activate. And I also asked for revolving vs. net 30 type. The answer, Sears is definitely Net 30 account, not a revolving account.

I asked what to do to change the net 30 account to a revolving account. Rep simply said they don't offer any revolving credit.

#36 greywolf

greywolf
  • Members
  • 3,703 posts

Posted 30 April 2010 - 06:56 PM

I just called Sears.

Am I happy?
Yes! :offtopic:

Thanks..

I did leave all the personal info places empty.
The rest, I filled out, including my bank account info and 4 references.
Do they check? I don't know.

I just got my card today, and called to activate. And I also asked for revolving vs. net 30 type. The answer, Sears is definitely Net 30 account, not a revolving account.

I asked what to do to change the net 30 account to a revolving account. Rep simply said they don't offer any revolving credit.

You must have got a smart rep, most think net 30-60 is 'revolving' not understanding the definition of the word. There have been people on CB that bought stuff a Sear's, after being told their account was 'revolving' and then finding out the Sear's interpretation of 'revolving' wasn't their own.

#37 timtim2008

timtim2008
  • Members
  • 165 posts

Posted 03 April 2011 - 09:26 PM

what does the 30 or 60 mean? (i understand the 30) but does it give you an option to do 60?

#38 stroked89coupe

stroked89coupe
  • Mod Squad
  • 4,121 posts

Posted 07 February 2012 - 09:45 AM

Does anyone WITH an account give me the number off of the back of their card to customer service? I'm going to be calling in soon regarding an application I submitted. Or if I missed the number somewhere obvious then point me in the right direction.

#39 dconawa

dconawa
  • Members
  • 99 posts

Posted 07 February 2012 - 01:05 PM

Hello Everyone,

Make sure you apply with the correct application from Sears, there are two. One is for General Business the other is for Property Management Companies.

Good Luck

#40 GFT

GFT
  • Members
  • 797 posts

Posted 13 February 2012 - 05:32 PM

I applied for Sears Commercial One card yesterday (Sunday) asking for $5k limit without PG. I got a phone call this morning, they could approve me for $3.5k and no PG. I accepted. Nice CSR. Card to arrive in 7-10 days.

#41 stroked89coupe

stroked89coupe
  • Mod Squad
  • 4,121 posts

Posted 13 February 2012 - 09:52 PM

I just got approved for 4000.00 no PG. No call from anyone. I requested more but they could only spring for 4000.00. Applied by mail.

#42 disnugaswagg

disnugaswagg
  • Members
  • 853 posts

Posted 13 February 2012 - 09:58 PM

I just called Sears and was approved for $5,000 CL. I'll take it. :rofl:

What are the requirements for the account?

#43 stroked89coupe

stroked89coupe
  • Mod Squad
  • 4,121 posts

Posted 14 February 2012 - 07:44 AM

Under two years you must pg. This can be avoided if you have a good file. I have no been inc'd for two years and have received many approvals without meeting that requirement.

http://www.citibank....commercial1.pdf

#44 vtt

vtt
  • Members
  • 31 posts

Posted 18 April 2012 - 12:17 PM

I was approved for Sears Today, $2000 limit requested $5000 but thats fine for now. They would increase if I allowed a personal pull and good credit

Got some useful info alot of which most of us already know but I will share any way

-Cards are either Net 30 or 60 depending on credit
-They usually only pull D&B but may also pull other two if they need more info
- All Citi backed cards like to see a PG no matter how good biz credit is but isn't required but improves your chances of getting approved and they may not pull if biz credit is good enough
- As we all know dont use scores given by CRA's, they create there own
- Industry code and location play large roll in approvals or denials. Meaning a Snow plow business in Florida will be higher risk then one in Massachusetts. If they pull multi reports and they have different codes they use the higher risk one
- Time in business goes hand in hand with industry code, so some business may get approved with only months in business and others may need years depends on the risk for that industry in your area.

This came from a credit supervisor who has worked for Citi for a long time and was very nice to talk to as we went back and fourth for a couple minutes and she mentioned if you ever get denied call up and find out why sometimes its as simple as a wrong number in a address or phone number or just missing info.

Hopefully this helps a little

#45 vtt

vtt
  • Members
  • 31 posts

Posted 18 April 2012 - 12:25 PM

I was approved for Sears Today, $2000 limit requested $5000 but thats fine for now. They would increase if I allowed a personal pull and good credit

Got some useful info alot of which most of us already know but I will share any way

-Cards are either Net 30 or 60 depending on credit
-They usually only pull D&B but may also pull other two if they need more info
- All Citi backed cards like to see a PG no matter how good biz credit is but isn't required but improves your chances of getting approved and they may not pull if biz credit is good enough
- As we all know dont use scores given by CRA's, they create there own
- Industry code and location play large roll in approvals or denials. Meaning a Snow plow business in Florida will be higher risk then one in Massachusetts. If they pull multi reports and they have different codes they use the higher risk one
- Time in business goes hand in hand with industry code, so some business may get approved with only months in business and others may need years depends on the risk for that industry in your area.

This came from a credit supervisor who has worked for Citi for a long time and was very nice to talk to as we went back and fourth for a couple minutes and she mentioned if you ever get denied call up and find out why sometimes its as simple as a wrong number in a address or phone number or just missing info.

Hopefully this helps a little

there s a guy in S. CA. who has a workshop on Biz credit,and he claims that the Sears card is " tied in to a $20,000 revolving Mstercard" .. if you use the Sears Commercial One card ( which I have) for 3 months, make payments, etc , then call them and ask, they will issue you this card .. a card that can be used anywhere , like any regular Mc..
I find this doutful, since they don't even give you a Revolving Vendor card !!

He also says that Staples has such a deal, with a "$50,000 non-PG Visa'... again, i have had a Stpales vendor card for $6000, for 6 years , and they wont even raise my limts ..( it is non PG.. back then you could get it non PG)
jts checking if nayone heard of this .. sounds bogus to me..

#46 BRBiz

BRBiz
  • Members
  • 3,566 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 10:14 PM

That is total BS! Years back some stores had cards with Visa or MasterCard logos like Home Depot but those have all but disappeeared.

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© Copyright 2003 - 2013 Creditboards.com. All rights reserved. No portion of this site may be reproduced without explicit permission from the owners. The content of creditboards.com is subject solely to the personal whim of its admins. We reserve the right, at our sole discretion, to remove any and all posts or comments, at any time, for any reason which takes our entirely capricious fancy, or for no particular reason whatsoever, without restriction. Comments or questions regarding the site may be addressed to admin@creditboards.com.