Welcome to CreditBoards!

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to CreditBoards! Like most online communities, you must register to post in our community, but don't worry - this is a simple process requiring minimal information for you to sign up. Be a part of CreditBoards by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Read These Items!

• If you're getting an Authentication mismatch error: Clear your cache. Log out of CB. Delete your cookie. Close your browser. Open your browser and log back in.

Photo

Automatic Counting of Inquiries For B*

• Please log in to reply
314 replies to this topic

#26 sportster

sportster
  • Members
  • 775 posts

Posted 26 March 2010 - 07:03 PM

I am using IE 7 for what that's worth

#27 jds

jds

Bump Influence V

• Members
  • 1,064 posts

Posted 26 March 2010 - 07:05 PM

I am using IE 7 for what that's worth

The browser shouldn't matter, seeing as how it's all server side code. Heck, I'm running it on FF and Safari on a Mac ;)

#28 breeze

breeze

Site Owners & FC XXXVIII <3

• Admin
  • 47,064 posts

Posted 26 March 2010 - 07:06 PM

BobWang doesn't like him?

#29 jds

jds

Bump Influence V

• Members
  • 1,064 posts

Posted 26 March 2010 - 07:08 PM

Wow - that took me a second, and it was based off my own joke. I must be tired. ;)

#30 BobWang

BobWang

Bump Influence <3

• Members
  • 33,825 posts

Posted 26 March 2010 - 07:09 PM

No, I have a special error message reserved for Rorer. :P

#31 sportster

sportster
  • Members
  • 775 posts

Posted 26 March 2010 - 07:10 PM

I used it with success with FireFox. I noticed in IE, there is a problem loading the initial page - warning down in the bottom left. Line 55, Character 1, "Object Expected".

#32 jds

jds

Bump Influence V

• Members
  • 1,064 posts

Posted 26 March 2010 - 07:10 PM

Bob - can you run that EQ listing on the previous page through on your end? It works for me, but apparently giving him problems.

#33 breeze

breeze

Site Owners & FC XXXVIII <3

• Admin
  • 47,064 posts

Posted 26 March 2010 - 07:11 PM

:P

#34 GonnaGetEm

GonnaGetEm

Blush Influence

• Members
  • 4,107 posts

Posted 26 March 2010 - 07:12 PM

jds, it's working fine on my end.

#35 jds

jds

Bump Influence V

• Members
  • 1,064 posts

I used it with success with FireFox. I noticed in IE, there is a problem loading the initial page - warning down in the bottom left. Line 55, Character 1, "Object Expected".

Okay, I'll take a look in a little while.

Thanks for letting me know :P

#36 jds

jds

Bump Influence V

• Members
  • 1,064 posts

What browser?

#37 jds

jds

Bump Influence V

• Members
  • 1,064 posts

Posted 26 March 2010 - 07:13 PM

Oh and sportster - was this the first time you tried it? I'm wondering if my update today changed things for you..

#38 sportster

sportster
  • Members
  • 775 posts

Posted 26 March 2010 - 07:14 PM

Oh and sportster - was this the first time you tried it? I'm wondering if my update today changed things for you..

First time I tried was when I posted about the ASP error.

#39 BobWang

BobWang

Bump Influence <3

• Members
  • 33,825 posts

Posted 26 March 2010 - 07:15 PM

IE 8 returns this error:

Server Error in '/' Application.

Runtime Error
Description: An application error occurred on the server. The current custom error settings for this application prevent the details of the application error from being viewed remotely (for security reasons). It could, however, be viewed by browsers running on the local server machine.

Details: To enable the details of this specific error message to be viewable on remote machines, please create a <customErrors> tag within a "web.config" configuration file located in the root directory of the current web application. This <customErrors> tag should then have its "mode" attribute set to "Off".

<!-- Web.Config Configuration File --> <configuration> <system.web> <customErrors mode="Off"/> </system.web> </configuration>
Notes: The current error page you are seeing can be replaced by a custom error page by modifying the "defaultRedirect" attribute of the application's <customErrors> configuration tag to point to a custom error page URL.

<!-- Web.Config Configuration File --> <configuration> <system.web> <customErrors mode="RemoteOnly" defaultRedirect="mycustompage.htm"/> </system.web> </configuration>

#40 jds

jds

Bump Influence V

• Members
  • 1,064 posts

Posted 26 March 2010 - 07:16 PM

IE 8 returns this error:

Server Error in '/' Application.

Runtime Error
Description: An application error occurred on the server. The current custom error settings for this application prevent the details of the application error from being viewed remotely (for security reasons). It could, however, be viewed by browsers running on the local server machine.

Details: To enable the details of this specific error message to be viewable on remote machines, please create a <customErrors> tag within a "web.config" configuration file located in the root directory of the current web application. This <customErrors> tag should then have its "mode" attribute set to "Off".

<!-- Web.Config Configuration File --> <configuration> <system.web> <customErrors mode="Off"/> </system.web> </configuration>
Notes: The current error page you are seeing can be replaced by a custom error page by modifying the "defaultRedirect" attribute of the application's <customErrors> configuration tag to point to a custom error page URL.

<!-- Web.Config Configuration File --> <configuration> <system.web> <customErrors mode="RemoteOnly" defaultRedirect="mycustompage.htm"/> </system.web> </configuration>

Thanks - so ironic that MS' own browser won't take the ASP code properly, but FF will :P

#41 GonnaGetEm

GonnaGetEm

Blush Influence

• Members
  • 4,107 posts

Posted 26 March 2010 - 07:17 PM

ah actually...

Posted Image

I wonder if that is giving some people an issue?

#42 sportster

sportster
  • Members
  • 775 posts

Posted 26 March 2010 - 07:17 PM

Typical MS crap. Then again our applications only run properly with iFrames and JQUERY using IE7.

#43 GonnaGetEm

GonnaGetEm

Blush Influence

• Members
  • 4,107 posts

Posted 26 March 2010 - 07:18 PM

What browser?

Firefox.

But I see you got the error there alright. I'm sure the one I posted is unrelated.

#44 problemchild

problemchild
  • Members
  • 152 posts

Posted 26 March 2010 - 07:20 PM

Being newer to this credit thingy, can someone explain to me what B* and C* are and what exactly this application will do and why it will help? Sorry to be a pain in the #($, hope you all don't mind explaining this.

#45 sportster

sportster
  • Members
  • 775 posts

Posted 26 March 2010 - 07:22 PM

Does your opening SCRIPT tag use the TYPE attribute like this:

type="application/javascript"

IE doesn't support this if this is the case...

#46 jds

jds

Bump Influence V

• Members
  • 1,064 posts

Posted 26 March 2010 - 07:26 PM

Give it a shot in IE now. You might have to close your browser and go back in.

#47 sportster

sportster
  • Members
  • 775 posts

Posted 26 March 2010 - 07:31 PM

Works now! Nice job.

#48 jds

jds

Bump Influence V

• Members
  • 1,064 posts

Posted 26 March 2010 - 07:32 PM

Works now! Nice job.

Thanks!

GGE - The onload errors should be fixed in FF now, as well.

#49 GonnaGetEm

GonnaGetEm

Blush Influence

• Members
  • 4,107 posts

Posted 26 March 2010 - 07:34 PM

Works now! Nice job.

Thanks!

GGE - The onload errors should be fixed in FF now, as well.

:P yup!

#50 jds

jds

Bump Influence V

• Members
  • 1,064 posts

Posted 26 March 2010 - 07:34 PM

Being newer to this credit thingy, can someone explain to me what B* and C* are and what exactly this application will do and why it will help? Sorry to be a pain in the #($, hope you all don't mind explaining this.

Long story short, B* is what happens when you get "too many" soft inquiries on your credit report (from checking your own credit). The result is that hard inquiries (the ones that can hurt your score) fall off sooner than normal.

C* is a process used by EQ to reduce the chances of this, by "chopping" all your soft inquiries down to one per month, making B* difficult.

There is a master thread on the first page of the credit form. Take a read through that, it will probably help explain.

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© Copyright 2003 - 2013 Creditboards.com. All rights reserved. No portion of this site may be reproduced without explicit permission from the owners. The content of creditboards.com is subject solely to the personal whim of its admins. We reserve the right, at our sole discretion, to remove any and all posts or comments, at any time, for any reason which takes our entirely capricious fancy, or for no particular reason whatsoever, without restriction. Comments or questions regarding the site may be addressed to admin@creditboards.com.