Welcome to CreditBoards!

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to CreditBoards! Like most online communities, you must register to post in our community, but don't worry - this is a simple process requiring minimal information for you to sign up. Be a part of CreditBoards by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Read These Items!

• If you're getting an Authentication mismatch error: Clear your cache. Log out of CB. Delete your cookie. Close your browser. Open your browser and log back in.

Photo

Anyone use Take Charge America?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 byronm

byronm
  • Members
  • 515 posts

Posted 26 February 2010 - 06:42 PM

I called of BofA directly to inquire about possibly getting a lower APR or any programs they have and they connected me directly to Take Charge America (http://www.takechargeamerica.org/) - Anyone have any feedback/opinions of them?

I've got about 32k in current debt and 17k in "nearly settled debt" - the nearly settled debt is all business related debt. When bank of america viewed my status they just lumped it all together..

Anyone know if debt management companies typically take your current revolving/personal debts or do they want everything and pay in full on the 17k i'm trying to settle?

sorry if its loaded questions.. i basically did preliminary phone call today and will get a call back on monday after all they pull credit reports.

-byron

#2 credit_help

credit_help
  • Members
  • 576 posts

Posted 26 March 2010 - 08:34 PM

How did it go?

#3 byronm

byronm
  • Members
  • 515 posts

Posted 31 March 2010 - 08:45 AM

I chose to do it myself. Take Charge America gave me an offer for an average of 9.9% APR and a payment plan of about 4 years. I'll save nearly $3,000 in fees doing it myself and i'll pay off my balances just as quick. Plus my APR average in doing it myself is 6% across all the credit cards I have. Cheaper for this year since many gave me 0-3% for first 12 months to get ahead.

May take some more negotiations in the next 12-24 months on some cards, but its worth it to me to grab the bull by its horns and "take charge" myself :swoon:

#4 shadekitty

shadekitty
  • Members
  • 1,092 posts

Posted 02 November 2010 - 01:49 AM

We had 65k in CC debt. We signed up with TCA and they negotiated all our cards down between 6 and 12% for all 22 of my cards that I handed over to them

We have less than a year left to pay on them after being in the program for nearly 2 years already.

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© Copyright 2003 - 2013 Creditboards.com. All rights reserved. No portion of this site may be reproduced without explicit permission from the owners. The content of creditboards.com is subject solely to the personal whim of its admins. We reserve the right, at our sole discretion, to remove any and all posts or comments, at any time, for any reason which takes our entirely capricious fancy, or for no particular reason whatsoever, without restriction. Comments or questions regarding the site may be addressed to admin@creditboards.com.