Welcome to CreditBoards!

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to CreditBoards! Like most online communities, you must register to post in our community, but don't worry - this is a simple process requiring minimal information for you to sign up. Be a part of CreditBoards by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Read These Items!

• If you're getting an Authentication mismatch error: Clear your cache. Log out of CB. Delete your cookie. Close your browser. Open your browser and log back in.

Photo

Who pulls which CBR?

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 Quasei2

Quasei2
  • Members
  • 196 posts

Posted 26 January 2010 - 01:14 AM

Transunion

RBC
AMEX
MBNA
Rogers
Canadian Tire
Capital One

Equifax

Scotiabank
TD
CIBC
National Bank
Wells Fargo
Citi
BMO
Koodo Mobile
Best Buy (Chase)
HBC (GE)

Also, MBNA will pull both - they did for my recent application. And Scotiabank pulls Equifax if you do it online or over the phone, but if you go into the branch it could be either one. In instances where Equifax is blocked or whatnot, Scotiabank will pull TU online.

#2 Stu.Padaso

Stu.Padaso
  • Members
  • 180 posts

Posted 26 January 2010 - 08:11 AM

Thanks for the updated list Quasei.

I forgot to add to the other thread that HSBC pulls Equifax. At least they did when I was approved for a short term auto loan a year and a half ago.

And Koodo is a part of Telus, so I wonder if it's a safe assumption that Telus would pull Equifax as well.

Edited by Stu.Padaso, 26 January 2010 - 08:13 AM.

#3 Quasei2

Quasei2
  • Members
  • 196 posts

Posted 11 April 2010 - 05:49 PM

Futureshop pulls a soft on Equifax when doing a purchase online.

#4 Guest_cherylbine_*

Guest_cherylbine_*
  • Guests

Posted 13 June 2010 - 09:44 AM

Yes Telus pulled my Equifax report. :lol:

#5 Stu.Padaso

Stu.Padaso
  • Members
  • 180 posts

Posted 13 June 2010 - 09:07 PM

It seems like more and more are going with Transunion only. This is likely due to the recent screw-up by Equifax.

Scotia pulled TU for me. Also, my TD rep told me a couple weeks ago that they have been pulling TU exclusively for the last couple months. And when I talked to my BMO Harris rep last week she said that BMO seems to be going that route too. (But she's not in the everyday banking part of BMO, so she was quick to point out that she was simply passing along internal rumours.)

It even seems that nobody is even bothering to report to Equifax any more. I just checked my EQ score (791) and they still don't show the RBC Visa I got a few months ago, nor do they show the Scotia Momentum Visa either. Both my TD Visa and BMO MC still show the last activity as Feb 2010.

But EQ does show that I cancelled my Capital One MC in late May 2010.

Weird.

#6 Quasei2

Quasei2
  • Members
  • 196 posts

Posted 02 August 2010 - 10:14 AM

Did you do your app in-branch Stu? I can't recall now. In branch it's always been a possibility that it could be pulled from either CBR because of the system they use. If you do your app over the phone or online it's still pulling Equifax as recently as last week (I can't confirm this week as I was off sick!). In fact, I haven't seen any recent ones that were pulled from TU.

As for reporting, I found the same when I first started pulling my reports - TU had tons more than EQ had listed.

#7 Stu.Padaso

Stu.Padaso
  • Members
  • 180 posts

Posted 02 August 2010 - 06:49 PM

I did the app online. My daughter works at Scotia and finally convinced me to apply for it. So one Sunday afternoon I finally gave in.

But yeah, they pulled TU on me. Nobody has touched my EQ in ages.

#8 sdexceed

sdexceed
  • Members
  • 69 posts

Posted 25 August 2010 - 03:16 PM

Just got approved with GMAC, they used Transunion this time and both times for my previous loan in 2008. Pretty safe to say that's their bureau of choice.

Also, did a pre-approval with Ford and they pulled TU.

Edited by sdexceed, 25 August 2010 - 03:17 PM.

#9 Quasei2

Quasei2
  • Members
  • 196 posts

Posted 06 October 2010 - 12:19 PM

Scotia pulled EQ for me via an online app.

#10 Stu.Padaso

Stu.Padaso
  • Members
  • 180 posts

Posted 18 November 2010 - 03:25 PM

Hey Quasei!

National Bank pulled Transunion for my GFs Mastercard app. She did it online.

(Don't ask why she app'd for what looks like a crappy Edition MC. It only works out to 0.5% cashback. Oh well. She gets all kinds of credit offers in the mail. Normally she doesn't even look at them, but she looked at this one and went to the website and liked that she could pick the design. She picked the black one (it does look really nice, I admit) and applied. The next day they called and verified her info. They wouldn't say yes/no when asked if it was approved, but the fella did say "if you get this call then it's a good sign" or something to that effect. All he would say is she can expect a letter in the next few days.

Why does she get all these offers in the mail? I don't get any. And if I do, it's always from Amex! She gets an offer from CIBC once or twice a year, but most of her offers come from the non-big banks like MBNA, Citi, and now National Bank. I have never ever seen an unsolicited offer from National bank in my entire life - but she gets one! I swear she even got one from Laurentian Bank back in the summer. Why is she so special? I want offers too! ahahahahaha)

#11 Quasei2

Quasei2
  • Members
  • 196 posts

Posted 20 November 2010 - 10:19 AM

Oh Stu you're such a tease! I saw your name on here and giggled that you'd done another pull. LOL

That's really bizarre the places your GF has been getting offers from! I have not received an unsolicited offer since rebuilding. Then again I've only been back in the unsecured credit world for a year now. A year this month, in fact! I've never even considered looking at the National Bank cards although I think they're the bank with the vertical card?

#12 Stu.Padaso

Stu.Padaso
  • Members
  • 180 posts

Posted 22 November 2010 - 12:23 PM

Oh Stu you're such a tease! I saw your name on here and giggled that you'd done another pull. LOL

That's really bizarre the places your GF has been getting offers from! I have not received an unsolicited offer since rebuilding. Then again I've only been back in the unsecured credit world for a year now. A year this month, in fact! I've never even considered looking at the National Bank cards although I think they're the bank with the vertical card?

My GFs credit isn't too bad. Her ex-husband kind of buggered things up on her but it's pretty much aged off, and what hasn't we got cleaned up and she's good to go now. But her open accounts are too young. That's where the problem lies. When her and her ex-husband went their separate ways, she had a few CCs and when she went to renew her mortgage at BMO they asked her to consolidate her CCs. I think BMOs reasoning was "single mom, recently divorced, no full-time employment, ummm we better be careful" approach was understandable. Either she's too embarassed to admit to me she got in trouble and needed a bailout, or she was just too dumb to read the paperwork, I don't know for sure. But BMO ended up paying off her credit cards and cancelling all of them without her honestly having any idea that happened. And they cancelled ALL of them, right down to her 20+ year old Sears card that she got when she was 18. All of this happened when we were dating but not actually living together. Yeah, she's a little naive when it comes to finances.

As she found all that out (sometimes the hard way...like, being declined) she finally woke up and spoke to her BMO rep who explained what they did. They got her another BMO MC, but at a fraction of the limit she once had. They didn't reactivate her old account either. This one shows up as a new account, and she lost about 15 years of age. Then she got a Capital One MC (no idea on the limit...I've never seen her use it. She says she used it once when she first got, and hasn't used it since) and TD gave her a toy limit Rebate Rewards Visa.

She got an HBC in-store card, then converted it to the HBC Mastercard about a year ago and then she got a Sears MC shortly after that, both with non-toy but not-very-big credit limits. I see her use the HBC MC more than anything. She likes the HBC points or whatever they're called.

She got some mail from MBNA on Friday, but she tore it up without a second glance.

The National Bank MC she applied, and presumable was approved for, is the Edition MC. And I have to admit the black design of the card is pretty nice. And yeah, they do have the vertical cards (I checked out National Bank myself!) but I believe they're only for students cards. Otherwise I know I'd be apping for that one! ahahahaha

But I don't know why she's targetted for all the offers she gets. Maybe over the last couple years they seen a decent score but hardly any open accounts.

I admit these offers have slowed down in the last year or so. When I bought this house and we moved in together, within 6 months she was getting weekly offers from any CC imaginable.

Edited by Stu.Padaso, 22 November 2010 - 12:26 PM.

#13 plen

plen
  • Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 15 December 2010 - 03:32 AM

Thought I'd contribute my recent findings.

Capital One pulled both Equifax and TU
TD pulled only Equifax
Royal pulled only TU

#14 Stu.Padaso

Stu.Padaso
  • Members
  • 180 posts

Posted 31 March 2011 - 05:20 PM

Ally Credit Canada pulls Transunion. (Ally is the new GMAC, for those who don't know.)

#15 Liam W

Liam W
  • Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 20 January 2012 - 06:48 PM

Bell and Virgin pull Equifax

#16 Guest_w_a_y_n_e_*

Guest_w_a_y_n_e_*
  • Guests

Posted 01 December 2012 - 08:57 PM

Here we go:

(E) = Equifax
(T) = Transunion
(B) = Both (*Note: Some lenders will pull one, then pull the other if they need more info. Others will always pull both. YMMV)

Amex Bank of Canada: (T) Exclusively
Bell Mobility/Virgin Mobile: (E) Exclusively
BMO: (E) Primarily but may pull (B)
Canadian Tire: (T) Exclusively
Capital One: (T) But may pull (B) especially for instant credit in an HBC store
CIBC: (E) I've seen soft pulls on my (T)
Citi financial The Home Depot cards etc...: (E)
Dell Financial: (E)
Desjardins:(E)
Future Shop/Chase: (E) Exclusively
HSBC: (E)
ING: (E)
Laurentian Bank: (T)
MBNA: (T) Exclusively
National Bank: (E) usually but known to pull (T) on occasion
PC Financial: (E) Exclusively
Rogers Wireless/Fido: (T) Exclusively
Royal Bank: (T) Exclusively, although certain credit departments (mortgage etc...) may pull (E)
Scotiabank: (B) They will pull either one, but usually not both at the same time
TD: (E)
Telus Mobility/Koodo Mobile: (E) Exclusively
Vancity Visa: (T) Exclusively
Wal-Mart MasterCard: (T) Exclusively

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© Copyright 2003 - 2013 Creditboards.com. All rights reserved. No portion of this site may be reproduced without explicit permission from the owners. The content of creditboards.com is subject solely to the personal whim of its admins. We reserve the right, at our sole discretion, to remove any and all posts or comments, at any time, for any reason which takes our entirely capricious fancy, or for no particular reason whatsoever, without restriction. Comments or questions regarding the site may be addressed to admin@creditboards.com.