Welcome to CreditBoards!

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to CreditBoards! Like most online communities, you must register to post in our community, but don't worry - this is a simple process requiring minimal information for you to sign up. Be a part of CreditBoards by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Read These Items!

• If you're getting an Authentication mismatch error: Clear your cache. Log out of CB. Delete your cookie. Close your browser. Open your browser and log back in.

Photo

I'm new, trying to rebuild credit.

• Please log in to reply
90 replies to this topic

#76 Handsome Rob

Handsome Rob
  • Members
  • 70 posts

Posted 06 March 2010 - 12:46 AM

Letters are probably a good start. If you do want to spend some more time with trying to get items off though, then disputing incorrect amounts gives you a shot at it.

Isn't that what I've just done? Sent them a dispute on the amounts? Missing something here?

And the plot thickens. My Tranny is failing.....fast. Before I go get another junker, figured it's worth a shot at least talking to Scotia, see what they say.

Looking at, '09 - 0 Km. Around $13,500 closing, $2000.00 down, 36-48 months. $250-350/month depending on rate, hopefully pay it off in a year.

3 years on job, 1 year at residence, last residence was 4 years. Net $33,000.

Should be interesting.

Edited by Handsome Rob, 06 March 2010 - 12:52 AM.

#77 Quasei2

Quasei2
  • Members
  • 196 posts

Posted 11 March 2010 - 03:26 AM

Hey Rob,

Just finding this now.

I wasn't sure how you disputed previously. I thought you just did a dispute that the items should not have been on your report rather than that the specific dollar amounts weren't correct. My mistake!

Yikes on the car! Have you made an appt yet? Let us know how it goes!

#78 Quasei2

Quasei2
  • Members
  • 196 posts

Posted 10 April 2010 - 05:09 PM

Any updates? I'm curious how you made out with some of the letters you were going to send out. How about the car? Did you make a decision about that?

#79 Quasei2

Quasei2
  • Members
  • 196 posts

Posted 08 May 2010 - 02:09 AM

Hey Rob,

Any progress yet?

#80 Handsome Rob

Handsome Rob
  • Members
  • 70 posts

Posted 22 July 2010 - 08:50 PM

Any updates? I'm curious how you made out with some of the letters you were going to send out. How about the car? Did you make a decision about that?

Hi Quasei,

Sorry, been out enjoying the summer, and I have to admit, I've been feeling a little bit disheartened about this whole thing.

Car - We bought a 2001 Volkswagen. I took $2500 saved, and we put $1500 on her credit card, paid it off before the statement arrived. Worked out pretty well.

I haven't sent any letters at all. During this dispute process, I was also trying to find out what the heck was going on at Equifax. Turns out my credit file is split, they gave me a fax number and a bunch of information/ID to send in. I complied, then they sent me back a letter asking to mail in all of the same stuff + a little bit more. :angry: They're almost as bad as Telus or the friggin' CRA.

Between that, and the basically, slap across the face I got from TransUnion, I just kind of gave up a little bit. Don't know where else to go.

Just got the 7th green square on my TU report for the Cap1 card, score hasn't moved. Still sitting at 611 :angry: , I'm thinking about going to talk to Scotia now, secured or un-secured, whichever.

#81 Quasei2

Quasei2
  • Members
  • 196 posts

Posted 02 August 2010 - 10:19 AM

np Rob! I've not been around as much lately as well. I took a major trip in June and have been playing catch up at work and home since then!

Congrats on the new car :P Glad you'll have a safe way to get around now!

Hopefully by now EQ has sorted out your file. Have they?

As for TU, they are a PITA. Keep plugging away at them, but if you need a break then I understand that! Sometimes the stress of fighting with TU made me literally sick.

Congrats on the 7th green square! Hooray! Your score will move. Just give it some time. And once you have the EQ thing sorted out I think it would be a good time to start talking with Scotia - if nothing else they'll tell you what you will need to finish up to qualify.

#82 Handsome Rob

Handsome Rob
  • Members
  • 70 posts

Posted 24 August 2010 - 05:19 PM

Woot - Finally got Equifax file.

TU - 611
EQ - 634

Total summary of everything:

Cap1 $500 CC:
TU - Opened->01/12/2010 - No delinquencies
EQ - Opened-> 01/2010 - No delinquencies

Solo Mobile Cell:
TU - Not displayed
EQ - Opened->02/2009 - No delinquencies

HBC Card:
TU - Opened->07/07/2006 - 1 30 day, 1 60 day - Closed - Last Activity->07/28/2010
EQ - Opened->07/2006 - No delinquencies - Closed - Last Activity->12/2006

WFF Corp Canada (Wells Fargo Store Payment Plan):
TU - Opened->05/18/2005 - 3 30 day, 2 60 day, 3 90 day - Closed - Last Activity->11/22/2008
EQ - Opened->05/2005 - 0 30 day, 1 60 day, 2 90 day - Closed - Last Activity->07/2006

RBC Visa:
TU - Opened->07/15/2004 - 2 30 day, 2 60 day, 12 90 day - Closed - Last Activity->02/10/2010
EQ - Opened->07/2004 - No Delinquencies - Closed - Last Activity->06/2007

ICBC:
TU - Opened->06/28/2007 - Delinquencies not reported - Closed - Last Activity->01/31/2009
EQ - Opened->06/2007 - 3 90 day - Closed - Last Activity->01/2009

Envision Credit Union (Car Loan - High balance: $11,923):
TU - Not Displayed
EQ - Opened->08/2004 - No reported Delinquencies - Bad Debt/Written Off - Last Activity->02/2007

CBV Collections (RBC Visa):
TU - Opened->04/25/2008 - Paid
EQ - Opened->04/2008 - Paid - Last Activity Prior to Collections->02/2007 - Paid->12/2008

Credit Bureau of Vernon (Hyrdo Bill):
TU - Opened->04/21/2008 - Paid
EQ - Opened->04/2008 - Paid - Last Activity Prior to Collections->09/2007 - Paid->12/2008

Still waiting for an actual hard copy from Equifax, but it's a start.

I'd previously tried to dispute with TU, RBC Visa/ICBC/CBV/CreditBureauOfVernon, balances displaying are incorrect. They came back with that slap across the face, "We don't care."

Any suggestions what to try next?

Those collections are going to be gone in like 2 years anyway, is it really worth fighting they're so old?

The car loan, displaying as written off, but it was definitely paid off. Should I try to contact the creditor to have it removed? Or try and dispute status through EQ?

Any other suggestions? I've gotten a second wind for this.

#83 Handsome Rob

Handsome Rob
  • Members
  • 70 posts

Posted 26 August 2010 - 02:26 PM

OK, well off goes a letter to Equifax disputing the loan. Perhaps that will recharge my morale with a favorable conclusion.

#84 breeze

breeze

Site Owners & FC XXXVIII

• Admin
  • 46,622 posts

Posted 31 August 2010 - 06:57 PM

If the dispute doesn't correct it, definitely write to the loan company.

#85 Handsome Rob

Handsome Rob
  • Members
  • 70 posts

Posted 31 August 2010 - 11:28 PM

Woot! Cap1 CLI $500->$1500.

#86 Quasei2

Quasei2
  • Members
  • 196 posts

Posted 06 September 2010 - 09:16 AM

Congrats on the limit increase!

And I think you did the right thing tackling the loan first with the most obvious errors. Also, it's a good thing to tackle each one individually now until they're all corrected. One at a time.

Yip you might try chipping away at those lates - particularly the accounts where it shows different last dates on them.

#87 Handsome Rob

Handsome Rob
  • Members
  • 70 posts

Posted 22 October 2010 - 09:24 AM

Unreal.

9 months of good reporting on EQ, and a credit limit increase of 300%, still a stagnant TU score. It just won't move. I'm always waiting for the 22nd to go and check.

And waiting for Equifax to respond is like waiting for Santa Claus.

Equifax Credit score actually went down 3 points, only official change to the file is a 300% CLI. WTF?

Edited by Handsome Rob, 22 October 2010 - 09:39 AM.

#88 Stu.Padaso

Stu.Padaso
  • Members
  • 180 posts

Posted 22 October 2010 - 01:55 PM

Unreal.

9 months of good reporting on EQ, and a credit limit increase of 300%, still a stagnant TU score. It just won't move. I'm always waiting for the 22nd to go and check.

And waiting for Equifax to respond is like waiting for Santa Claus.

Equifax Credit score actually went down 3 points, only official change to the file is a 300% CLI. WTF?

Like you, I find TU doesn't really update their scores as frequently as they claim. I've had tons of changes, added new cards, cancelled others, had high balances, low balances, etc...just about anything that can make the score flucuate. And this is all within the last year.

But nope. My score sits and sits and sits and does nothing. It does change eventually. But not very often. If I were to guess, I'd say TU must run the calculation program about every 3 months. Maybe twice in the last year my score changed when I wasn't expecting it. But 2 days later it moves right back to where it was before.

#89 Handsome Rob

Handsome Rob
  • Members
  • 70 posts

Posted 26 October 2010 - 08:20 PM

What the hell?

So I just get a call from NCO collections, apparently a 4 year old bank account from RBC was written off overdrawn in 2007? $342.

Now RBC goes and sells this debt to collections 3 years later? Why? Nobody reports to the credit bureau, they make no effort to get in contact with me. I had no overdraft....

What the hell? Never again, will RBC see business.

#90 Quasei2

Quasei2
  • Members
  • 196 posts

Posted 27 October 2010 - 07:54 AM

I hope you told 'em not to call you and to please send it in writing? Grr grrr grrrr NCO can be a bunch of vultures. Do your best to stay off the phone with them, imho.

I'd also recommend you pull your reports again asap. Wouldn't surprise me if NCO just bought the debt and they report it now even though RBC has never reported it. If they have DV it up the ying yang with reminders about your rights as a consumer in BC with regards to collections. Since it's less than 6 yrs old they can still legally collect on it in BC, but you have significant rights about how they can and cannot proceed.

I hope this all just disappears and that's the last you hear from them. Keep us posted.

#91 Fatherhound

Fatherhound
  • Newbies
  • 0 posts

Posted 01 November 2010 - 05:04 PM

Guess it's all a matter of perspective. CIBC to me is a PITA.
I have crappy scores, including a low EQ score, just under 630. TU of just over 670. One negative item on each bureau resulting from a CC that went to collections 3-4 years ago and which was marked as a CO & was pif (Ridiculous amount owing on it, something like $200)
I have had a Cap 1 secured for 3 years, no lates, secure housing and employment history and a car loan over 18 months old (not financed by CIBC).
Applied for their "easy" card to get, the basic one and was told in no uncertain terms, ANYTHING on the bureau will result in a rejected app. We had a lengthy conversation about this.
I should mention, they have been our main bank for about 7 years.
All I can think of is that I applied via the phone, should I have gone in to the branch?

On a side note, the Cap 1 card has been amazing.
I had a credit score of well ... WELL under 500 when I first started looking at credit scores a few years ago. I was looking to see how much damage the collection accounts I had did. As you can see above, the scores have gone up quite a bit. Well under 500 is a nice way of looking at barely over 400. Something like 98% had better credit than me.
Spend, pay, repeat. Never had a problem with them doing that.

As much as the card has done, I can't wait to get an unsecured card from one of the "big" banks.
Would like to have one soon as we are now in a spot to start saving money and hopefully in about 3 - 3.5 years when that last black mark falls off we'll have enough to put down on our first home. I'd like to have a solid history before haggling for rates with a broker/bank.
I made the decision to pay a higher interest rate on the car due to our history and the fact it was needed, but no way am I paying more than I have to on a mortgage.

wow ... sorry about the long post, I just wanted to post on the CIBC thing, not sure where the rest came from :)

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© Copyright 2003 - 2013 Creditboards.com. All rights reserved. No portion of this site may be reproduced without explicit permission from the owners. The content of creditboards.com is subject solely to the personal whim of its admins. We reserve the right, at our sole discretion, to remove any and all posts or comments, at any time, for any reason which takes our entirely capricious fancy, or for no particular reason whatsoever, without restriction. Comments or questions regarding the site may be addressed to admin@creditboards.com.