Welcome to CreditBoards!

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to CreditBoards! Like most online communities, you must register to post in our community, but don't worry - this is a simple process requiring minimal information for you to sign up. Be a part of CreditBoards by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Read These Items!

• If you're getting an Authentication mismatch error: Clear your cache. Log out of CB. Delete your cookie. Close your browser. Open your browser and log back in.

Photo

Security Clearance issues and credit report errors

• Please log in to reply
36 replies to this topic

#26 DragonFlyer

DragonFlyer

Mrs. O'Leary

• Banned
  • 3,741 posts

Posted 24 September 2009 - 09:39 AM

More ammo on MCM. They were recently issued a Cease and Desist in the state of Maryland.

What offices were your letters coming from? :lol:

http://budhibbs.com/...land CD (2).pdf

#27 L93065

L93065
  • Members
  • 99 posts

Posted 06 October 2009 - 10:47 PM

Hi DragonFlyer,

I have been following your post about your success with your medical collection! Girl, where do you get that energy? It flows right thru your postings! And don't you ever sleep?

Anyway, here is catchup. Nothing from the special investigator. Its been 2 months now...that is a good thing, I think! At least it is giving me time to create this papertrail.

Time was up for MCM to respond to the letter dated 9/19/09 (that would be the letter in post #16).

I sent the letter in post #21 to all three CRAs on 9/26/09.

I am now in a holding pattern until I hear back from CRA regarding deleting the accounts.

You have been so busy yourself with your own issue, I just want to tell you how much I appreciate the time you give me! I will keep you posted. In the meantime, I am reading and reading....learning lots of stuff!

#28 DragonFlyer

DragonFlyer

Mrs. O'Leary

• Banned
  • 3,741 posts

Posted 08 October 2009 - 07:53 PM

:D

That IS good news! :(

And no...I don't sleep much. LOL Never underestimate the power of coffee.

I even take time off from vacation to come see my CB family. Hahaha! That's dedication, I tell ya!

<----------who is enjoying the beautiful scenery in Colorado and watching the snow fall outside the window. :)

#29 L93065

L93065
  • Members
  • 99 posts

Posted 10 October 2009 - 12:06 AM

I hope you are enjoying your vacation! Rest up because I think we are in for a fight with Midland! I received letter from the CRA disputes back today and they verified that Midland's reporting of the tradeline is correct. NOT!

Anyway, 2 letters to Midland, no responses. Disputes with the CRA, verified. I have been doing some reading and it looks like there are two ways to go......either procedural request or the 623 letter. What do you think? Oh, and remember this is a time barred account. Not sure what advantage that is, other than their right to sue me.

Don't you think it is strange that I have not heard anything back on my BG investigation issue with the credit report? They must be really backlogged. I just cannot believe that they would ignore this....my security level is too high for that.

Anyway, I will work on letters this weekend. Enjoy that beautiful Colorado sky!

#30 DragonFlyer

DragonFlyer

Mrs. O'Leary

• Banned
  • 3,741 posts

Posted 11 October 2009 - 05:29 PM

Thanks for the wishes for rest. LOL I am so jet lagged it's not funny. I planned to take a nap but...well...hah! Can you see how I operate most days? COFFEE!!!

So, we've accomplished a couple of things, despite the lack of "progress" as we would imagine it should be...let's look at this differently. You've satiated the investigator enough that they aren't breathing down your neck and you've had the chance to build more of a paper trail to show this is not a valid debt in the first place.

I think you'll probably have better success with the approach that Jen used with the OSBC in Kansas. http://creditboards....p;#entry3801739

And I am still waiting with baited breath on the info that Clambert had to share regarding Cali laws. :)
http://creditboards....howtopic=410949

In the meantime, you have the regulations to fall back on and we can use those once you get a confirmation from the investigator that they are ready to move forward.

#31 L93065

L93065
  • Members
  • 99 posts

Posted 11 October 2009 - 06:48 PM

Here is Clambert's post:

http://creditboards....howtopic=412567

#32 DragonFlyer

DragonFlyer

Mrs. O'Leary

• Banned
  • 3,741 posts

Posted 18 October 2009 - 07:08 PM

Hoping Linda is still hanging around for an update. ;) Feel free to PM me if you prefer.

#33 JackRussell101

JackRussell101
  • Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 17 November 2009 - 10:50 AM

my spouse is active duty military and has a security clearance. i am worried that because of my poor financial situation/debts this can affect his clearance. neither of my large debts were in his name, incurred by him, etc...

#34 Thaiphoon

Thaiphoon
  • Members
  • 459 posts

Posted 16 December 2009 - 11:06 PM

About to interview for a job that requires the ability to obtain a secret clearance. And Amex just C.O. my account. Now I have a CA calling me. Can I keep them at bay and off my credit unti lthe investigation passes or should I be working out some plan with them now?

#35 bdqppqbd

bdqppqbd
  • Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 05 August 2010 - 12:07 AM

The good news:

The SOL appears to have run out. One of your affirmative defenses on your liability of this account would include the insertion of this statement on your SOR:

"Under the State of California four-year statute of limitations this debt is not enforceable as the creditor failed to file a claim against Applicant."

They will make you pay or make payment arrangements on out-of-statute debt, and as soon as you do, you've reset the SOL with no guarantee you'll get a clearance.

#36 SquareOne

SquareOne
  • Members
  • 147 posts

Posted 05 January 2011 - 05:39 PM

Not sure if this thread is dead or not, but here's my situation (it's a two-part question):

1) I am submitting an SF86 and have pulled all 3 credit reports; TU and EQ are spotless, EX has 1 negative. I have had collection accounts that I successfully disputed off my reports, and collection accounts that also aged off. Do I need to account for these negative TL's that no longer appear, or only what is in my most recent "clean" report? (i.e. do they pull a full factual or only the big 3 like I have access to?)

2) My lone negative (experian) is a re-aged debt from 2001. I got TU and EQ to successfully delete after disputing obsolete, but EX refuses to acknowledge DOLA and are going off 2006 for some unknown reason (DOLA was sometime in 2001). I have not contacted the original debtor.

As I suspected (and bdqppqbd confirmed), clearance adjudicators will make you pay or make payment arrangements on out-of-statute debt, and as soon as you do, you've reset the SOL with no guarantee you'll get a clearance. So how do I tackle this remaining negative TL?

#37 Curtains

Curtains
  • Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 12 September 2011 - 11:38 AM

I'm needing some guidance explaining to the Director of DOHA why I should be reconsidered after Denial of a security Clearance.

In 2008 I was denied a Secret clearance because I didn't mitigate three aged off accounts on my Credit report. Please read below:

Applicant has not sought or received financial counseling. However, the evidence of record reflects that his usualfinances are under control. His monthly income is sufficient to coverhis monthly expenses and provides additional income to cover unexpectedexpenses each month.

Both credit reports reflect that over theyears he has paid the majority of his debts in a timely manner.

The individual initiated a good-faith effort to repayoverdue creditors or otherwise resolve debts. Applicant demonstrated that thelarge mortgage debt is resolved and that his monthly mortgage payment iscurrent.

While the August 2008 credit report does not show anyoverdue debts, except the paid mortgage debt, Applicanthas not provided sufficient evidence that the rent, telephone and car debts areresolved. The rent debt and the telephone debt are eight and nine years oldrespectively and were most likely removed from the credit report due to age. Withoutmore documentary evidence, I am unable to conclude that these debts areresolved.

My question, how do I mitigate aged - off accounts and because of the statutes of limitations, I'm not liable or can't be sued? These accounts don't show on any of my reports; nor do I have any past due or delinquent accounts. Please, someone; give me some guidance or insight.

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© Copyright 2003 - 2013 Creditboards.com. All rights reserved. No portion of this site may be reproduced without explicit permission from the owners. The content of creditboards.com is subject solely to the personal whim of its admins. We reserve the right, at our sole discretion, to remove any and all posts or comments, at any time, for any reason which takes our entirely capricious fancy, or for no particular reason whatsoever, without restriction. Comments or questions regarding the site may be addressed to admin@creditboards.com.