Welcome to CreditBoards!

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to CreditBoards! Like most online communities, you must register to post in our community, but don't worry - this is a simple process requiring minimal information for you to sign up. Be a part of CreditBoards by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Read These Items!

• If you're getting an Authentication mismatch error: Clear your cache. Log out of CB. Delete your cookie. Close your browser. Open your browser and log back in.

Photo

Barclays Card Reconsideration

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
167 replies to this topic

#1 Jaymes

Jaymes
  • Members
  • 2,177 posts

Posted 27 July 2009 - 02:50 PM

I applied for the Barclays Virgin America card last week. I picked that card because Barclays is an exclusive TU puller.

Today I was notified that I was declined due to "Sufficient Open Lines of Credit." I only have two other cards (one of which is a $300 HSBC), as well as CJ.

Has anyone had luck getting Barclays to reconsider? And does anyone have a phone number for their credit analysts?

My TU score is in the high 600s, I only have two very small CAs reporting and two very old paid chargoffs. I don't want to have to apply at Town North and pay to have my TU unfrozen again. I really thought Barclays would give me something!

Many thanks.

#2 Jaymes

Jaymes
  • Members
  • 2,177 posts

Posted 27 July 2009 - 05:56 PM

Bump.

Anyone?

#3 hegemony

hegemony

Area Man

• Members
  • 67,564 posts

Posted 27 July 2009 - 06:34 PM

the first three cards I had with barclays were approved upon recon. call them during regular biz hours and give it a shot. good luck!

#4 mysticspirit25

mysticspirit25
  • Members
  • 229 posts

Posted 27 July 2009 - 08:09 PM

I applied for the Barclays Virgin America card last week. I picked that card because Barclays is an exclusive TU puller.

Today I was notified that I was declined due to "Sufficient Open Lines of Credit." I only have two other cards (one of which is a $300 HSBC), as well as CJ.

Has anyone had luck getting Barclays to reconsider? And does anyone have a phone number for their credit analysts?

My TU score is in the high 600s, I only have two very small CAs reporting and two very old paid chargoffs. I don't want to have to apply at Town North and pay to have my TU unfrozen again. I really thought Barclays would give me something!

Many thanks.

You didnt get these numbers from me...but here you go:

Melissa Shoat 866-408-4064 x8102 (underwriting manager)
Mark Miller 866-839-1768 (risk manager) and his fax 866 663 6532

Everytime I get AA happen to me (b/c of being overextended or their system generates a CLD, I just call one of the above and they fix it with no questions asked),
YMMV

#5 Jesika

Jesika
  • Members
  • 105 posts

Posted 27 July 2009 - 08:16 PM

Subscribe

#6 Jaymes

Jaymes
  • Members
  • 2,177 posts

Posted 27 July 2009 - 10:19 PM

Thank you Hegemony and Mysticspirit25. That's great to know.

#7 breeze

breeze

Site Owners & FC XXXVIII

• Admin
  • 46,237 posts

Posted 28 July 2009 - 09:11 PM

Those numbers will get changed pretty quickly.

#8 aeonchronicler

aeonchronicler

Credit Thug

• Members
  • 1,572 posts

Posted 28 July 2009 - 09:14 PM

those two personnel have supposedly already been reassigned to different departments. recent decline for same reason was "reconsidered" and NOT approved due to "too many recent accounts" (opened 2 years ago)...

#9 fire3000

fire3000
  • Members
  • 647 posts

Posted 28 July 2009 - 10:13 PM

Many thanks.

You have only one credit card (CJ is not a credit card since they require deposits for purchases), so they probably declined for "insufficient open lines" rather than "sufficient". Income, job title, employer name, and length employed there are also major factors besides FICO score. If the recon fails, try Orchard, Cap One, or a secured card from a major bank.

#10 Jaymes

Jaymes
  • Members
  • 2,177 posts

Posted 31 July 2009 - 12:09 PM

That's not all I have. My active lines are BofA (over $3K limit), HSBC ($300 limit), CJ (and yes, it is a real credit card and I no longer have to make a deposit, and it's reporting accurate history). I also have a student loan reporting.

#11 Jaymes

Jaymes
  • Members
  • 2,177 posts

Posted 31 July 2009 - 02:30 PM

Update... I called the first number mysticspirit25 gave me and it was immediately clear that I was in the hold que for an analyst. I didn't ask for the extension number. A very nice rep answered and went through my app. He approved me for a $2500 Virgin America card.

Thanks everyone for your help.

#12 Credit Vigilante

Credit Vigilante
  • Members
  • 353 posts

Posted 31 July 2009 - 03:09 PM

Awesome. Persistence paid off.

Congrats.

#13 Jaymes

Jaymes
  • Members
  • 2,177 posts

Posted 31 July 2009 - 03:13 PM

Awesome. Persistence paid off.

Congrats.

Thanks. Too bad I already did my daily CCT pull, because I'm wondering if Barclays does what BofA does and reports the second the account is opened. I got the approval e-mail from Barclays about 30 minutes after the call and it gave me instructions on setting my account up online. I did that and it is definitely open already.

Edited by Jaymes, 31 July 2009 - 03:15 PM.

#14 grape

grape
  • Members
  • 29 posts

Posted 31 July 2009 - 03:33 PM

Congrats, James. Interested in the Virgin America card as they are my airline of choice. My TU score is just tipping over 700 and I only have 1 paid CO from 5.5 years ago...what does ur utilization look like?

#15 scottycs

scottycs
  • Members
  • 208 posts

Posted 31 July 2009 - 03:36 PM

Read this thread. Called the number for a month old app I was denied for and got recon for $1500 CL Juniper Itunes.

Edited by scottycs, 31 July 2009 - 03:46 PM.

#16 Jaymes

Jaymes
  • Members
  • 2,177 posts

Posted 31 July 2009 - 04:07 PM

Read this thread. Called the number for a month old app I was denied for and got recon for $1500 CL Juniper Itunes.

Congratulations. Makes me feel doubly good that I started the thread.

#17 Trapped by Fico

Trapped by Fico
  • Members
  • 295 posts

Posted 31 July 2009 - 04:59 PM

Did they do another hard pull?

I was thinking of asking if they could give me a CLI on my 250.00 itunes card.. its a couple months old now. I wonder if they can do it with a soft pull.... Actually, I know they can, but most likely wont.

#18 Johnny2223817

Johnny2223817
  • Members
  • 383 posts

Posted 31 July 2009 - 05:04 PM

I sent the Executive Office a letter on the 8th, and haven't heard back from them.... hope that number works in the morning!

#19 thehellmouth

thehellmouth
  • Members
  • 234 posts

Posted 31 July 2009 - 06:46 PM

Update... I called the first number mysticspirit25 gave me and it was immediately clear that I was in the hold que for an analyst. I didn't ask for the extension number. A very nice rep answered and went through my app. He approved me for a $2500 Virgin America card.

Thanks everyone for your help.

Awesome news! How long did you had the HSBC card? Once I get my credit cleaned up more, Juni is one of the first places I hope to establish a relationship.

#20 scottycs

scottycs
  • Members
  • 208 posts

Posted 31 July 2009 - 07:45 PM

No hard pull from what he said. we will see tomorrow.

I was thinking of asking if they could give me a CLI on my 250.00 itunes card.. its a couple months old now. I wonder if they can do it with a soft pull.... Actually, I know they can, but most likely wont.

#21 hegemony

hegemony

Area Man

• Members
  • 67,564 posts

Posted 31 July 2009 - 09:49 PM

congrats!!!!

#22 Alexa530

Alexa530
  • Members
  • 345 posts

Posted 31 July 2009 - 10:35 PM

I applied for a Spirit MC a few days agp (Spirit Air had aemployee soliciting credit apps at the airport while we were waiting for a flight). Anyway, I was denied due to "too many recent inquiries". I have 6 INQ's on TU, and my TU Fico is 721. I also have a US Airways MC opened in 1/09 with a 4k limit (balance approx 325.00). My current ulilization on all cards is about 7-8%. I called for a recon because of the 6 INQ's 5 are from BOA after I applied for a mortgage for a rental property in March. Between 3/9/09 - 4/6/09, they did 5 hard pulls. The other one INQ is a credit app for a Amazon Visa (denial, that's another story, grrr).

Anyway, they offered to take 2k form the US Air MC, and give me the Spirit Air MC with a 2k limit. They said I don't have enough of a payment hx with them to get a new additional card with its own limit. Do you think this is worth it, or should I just forget it? The customer service rep (called 866-408-4064 - this is the # printed on the denial letter) that they hold apps for 90 days, so I could think about it and call back. I may call back just to see if another rep will tell me something different. I applied only to get the free membership in the $9 fare club (usually costs $40), but now am sort of made the app was declined.

#23 Jaymes

Jaymes
  • Members
  • 2,177 posts

Posted 01 August 2009 - 12:22 PM

Congrats, James. Interested in the Virgin America card as they are my airline of choice. My TU score is just tipping over 700 and I only have 1 paid CO from 5.5 years ago...what does ur utilization look like?

My TU utilization was <30%, thanks to CJ. I think you'll probably be fine if that's what your TU looks like. It seems that Barclays has a good recon policy. If you apply and are denied, call the first number above (without the extension) and speak to an analyst. They asked questions about employment, what I use the BofA card for, what I will use the VirginaAm card for (I said I expect to do a lot of travel on the airline and would loke the points). The guy was really nice.

#24 Jaymes

Jaymes
  • Members
  • 2,177 posts

Posted 01 August 2009 - 12:23 PM

Nope. they just worked with the original TU pull

#25 Jaymes

Jaymes
  • Members
  • 2,177 posts

Posted 01 August 2009 - 12:25 PM

I sent the Executive Office a letter on the 8th, and haven't heard back from them.... hope that number works in the morning!

Any luck getting through, Johnny?

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© Copyright 2003 - 2013 Creditboards.com. All rights reserved. No portion of this site may be reproduced without explicit permission from the owners. The content of creditboards.com is subject solely to the personal whim of its admins. We reserve the right, at our sole discretion, to remove any and all posts or comments, at any time, for any reason which takes our entirely capricious fancy, or for no particular reason whatsoever, without restriction. Comments or questions regarding the site may be addressed to admin@creditboards.com.