Welcome to CreditBoards!

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to CreditBoards! Like most online communities, you must register to post in our community, but don't worry - this is a simple process requiring minimal information for you to sign up. Be a part of CreditBoards by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Read These Items!

• If you're getting an Authentication mismatch error: Clear your cache. Log out of CB. Delete your cookie. Close your browser. Open your browser and log back in.

Photo

Nobody answered my question! What do I do now?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
1 reply to this topic

#1 breeze

breeze

Site Owners & FC XXXVIII <3

• Admin
  • 47,068 posts

Posted 06 June 2004 - 09:25 PM

Here are some helpful tips on ways to make sure your question is seen, understood, and that you get a response:

http://www.creditboa...opic.php?t=1887

Please add anything you've discovered.

#2 Queen_Majyk

Queen_Majyk
  • Members
  • 1,309 posts

Posted 06 June 2004 - 09:52 PM

One other quick thing to add - I used the search extensively when I joined - still do. I forget to click the radio button next to SEARCH FOR ALL TERMS repeatedly and get really rediculous results like some have mentioned. In addition to your keywords and Modifiers (AND, NOT, OR) don't forget to use this selection!

One other thing I have learned to love is the good old *. People often misspell stuff or use abbreviations. For instance if I want to know about MBNA approvals, I type MBNA AND Approv*. Then I click the the SEARCH FOR ALL TERMS button and not only do I get more specific results, I also get variations such as approved, approving, approve, and approval.

Finally, I scan the posts for the bright orange text once I open them and that takes you right to where your key words are on the page. I hope this helps!

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© Copyright 2003 - 2013 Creditboards.com. All rights reserved. No portion of this site may be reproduced without explicit permission from the owners. The content of creditboards.com is subject solely to the personal whim of its admins. We reserve the right, at our sole discretion, to remove any and all posts or comments, at any time, for any reason which takes our entirely capricious fancy, or for no particular reason whatsoever, without restriction. Comments or questions regarding the site may be addressed to admin@creditboards.com.