Welcome to CreditBoards!

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to CreditBoards! Like most online communities, you must register to post in our community, but don't worry - this is a simple process requiring minimal information for you to sign up. Be a part of CreditBoards by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Read These Items!

• If you're getting an Authentication mismatch error: Clear your cache. Log out of CB. Delete your cookie. Close your browser. Open your browser and log back in.

Photo
- - - - -

Weekend RAOK / Pay it Forward Contest, ends Sunday 7/12/09

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
5 replies to this topic

#1 Pam

Pam

Site Owner

• Admin
  • 12,102 posts

Posted 10 July 2009 - 07:43 PM

Same rules apply.
member for more than a month.
i pick the winner.

winner gets $25 gift certificate to Amazon.

Go forth and do something nice.

Ends Sunday night, midnight PST.

#2 Lynn37

Lynn37
  • Members
  • 4,888 posts

Posted 11 July 2009 - 04:34 PM

Yesterday DH and went to pick up his car, We went to pump gas for his car and my truck. We both pumped 30.00 of gas in each car, and went into the store, He played 10 bucks in lottery tickets. When he handed the cashier 100.00 bill she handed him back 60 bucks. He tried telling her she gave him back too much change. We both sat there for trying to tell her this for about 2 mins. When she said OMG you two are together! I guess it did not hit her till then. She kept saying I am so sorry.... and Thank you for being honest.

#3 mysschevous

mysschevous
  • Members
  • 1,463 posts

Posted 11 July 2009 - 05:02 PM

My son has a friend from school, he has been friends with since first grade. They are both going into their sophomore year now. His friend lives in an apartment complex with a pool, so we went over to go swimming and hang out. While we were swimming, his mother's car was repossessed. She was a wreck obviously.

She then proceeds to tell me about how she had to have emergency gall bladder surgery 6 months ago, and when she got out of the hospital, her position was replaced, and now she is unemployed.

She called her ex husband and asked for help, but he said no.

A couple of days later, she tells the kids they have to move to Florida, because she is behind on the rent as well.

We invited them over for dinner, and they are telling me how they need to move, etc, and she has no options and no car. The kids tell me how good dinner is, and that they haven't eaten meat in a while. She was unable to buy groceries too. I then took her to the store and stocked her up.

So, my husband and I talked it over, and we went to the bank to get her the money she needed to get current on her rent. Then we set about a plan to get her a car. My FIL had a car that was sitting in the driveway, but not running or registered. We decided to get that running and registered to help her on her feet.

So, now, she has a car that runs, and won't get repo'd, and can catch her breath and figure out what she and her family need to do.

#4 MannyLNJ

MannyLNJ

Stealth Influence IV

• Members
  • 2,011 posts

Posted 11 July 2009 - 06:04 PM

Today I was on the Garden State Parkway and for the heck of it I went through the Toms River North toll plaza and took an attended booth instead of Ez-Pass. I gave the clerk a $5.50 and told him to pay for the next 10 cars.

I drove away slowly and saw the next person apparently argui9ng with the toll collector who wasn't taking the money.

#5 I Need help too

I Need help too
  • Members
  • 871 posts

Posted 12 July 2009 - 11:02 AM

Today I will be signing a lease with a new tenant. The house normally rents for 700 a month, however, I am renting it for 200 a month on a 6 month lease to two army vets that recently came back and currently homeless. To make up the difference, I have other rentals in the area and they are going to mow some lawns, and paint some stuff in another rental. Its enough to help them IMO to get back on their feet. Once the lease is up in 6 months, we will take another look at it and go from there. They were very happy with that.

My step dad works for the Veterns Dept and told me about them coming in and asking for help. He helped them as much as he could. Once I learned about it, I told him that I can rent the house to them.

I would have never had all this stuff if it wasnt for the vets. My dad was a vet and passed away when I was younger. I was able to go to college the first time basically for free on a War Orphans Scholarship. I do what I can to help out and pay it back.

#6 Pam

Pam

Site Owner

• Admin
  • 12,102 posts

Posted 15 July 2009 - 11:10 AM

Aww, hell, I got a soft spot for vets.

INEEDHELPTOO, please PM breeze with your email addy to get your gift certificate ;)

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© Copyright 2003 - 2013 Creditboards.com. All rights reserved. No portion of this site may be reproduced without explicit permission from the owners. The content of creditboards.com is subject solely to the personal whim of its admins. We reserve the right, at our sole discretion, to remove any and all posts or comments, at any time, for any reason which takes our entirely capricious fancy, or for no particular reason whatsoever, without restriction. Comments or questions regarding the site may be addressed to admin@creditboards.com.