Welcome to CreditBoards!

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to CreditBoards! Like most online communities, you must register to post in our community, but don't worry - this is a simple process requiring minimal information for you to sign up. Be a part of CreditBoards by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Read These Items!

• If you're getting an Authentication mismatch error: Clear your cache. Log out of CB. Delete your cookie. Close your browser. Open your browser and log back in.

Photo
- - - - -

Off Topic from Wii Contest thread

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
17 replies to this topic

#1 yourguide

yourguide
  • Members
  • 1,990 posts

Posted 03 July 2008 - 07:57 PM

and why?

Short essay describing the video game character that is most like yourself, and why you think you're alike: what traits do you share, etc.?

Bonus points if you post a picture of yourself dressed up as that character.

WIN: Brand new in the box Nintendo Wii.

*** note: in order to discourage people from joining just to enter this contest, members with fewer than 10 posts and a join date after July 1 are not eligible to enter. ***
***note 2: The Cat is not a video game character, nor is OC.***

Entries will be accepted until midnight on Wednesday July 9, 2008. Voting will end at midnight on July 13, 2008.

Pam this is an AMAZING prize!!! Good luck to everyone!

#2 Fataliya

Fataliya
  • Members
  • 1,451 posts

Posted 05 July 2008 - 08:56 AM

I AM - Antonia Bayle, Queen of Qeynos. AKA Queen of the Human Faction in EverQuest (2)

WHY?

Because even though it was decreed by Antonius Bayle the First that no ruler of Qeynos should ever be called king, The name Antonius became the title taken by every descendant of that bloodline who wore the crown. Being a woman, Antonia Bayle took the liberty of altering the title and is correctly addressed as "Antonia" not "Queen Antonia" or "Your Majesty" or "Your Highness. She is a problem solver.

I like the way she thinks and uses her keen and superior intellect to get over, around, or under hurdles that Life and the Dark Forces of Innoruk throw her way. The evil Lucan D'Lere of Freeport has nothing on this Lady of Qeynos who possesses an enigmatic charm and an undeniable beauty, she commands the attention of all who see her. However, she is far from just a pretty face;she has a natural gift to inspire her people and make wise decisions. She speaks from the heart and motivates her subjects to believe in their ability to achieve great things. Her strongest trait is her belief in justice and it guides all her decisions. I am all about the justice.

Although, I, myself may lack her great beauty and royal heritage, we share a physical resemblance, in that the Goddess Tunare has failed to bless us with an over abundance of breast(s), as she has that silly, elven, twit Firiona Vie. I mean, seriously, how does that Paladin even walk? I don't know what that Goddess was thinking... a Paladin as your "champion"? Pfft. Stinkin' Elves.

As I do not have a picture of myself as Antonia, I am substituting a picture of the Actresses who play both Antonia and Firiona at all the big Sony/EQ shin-digs. I'd of course look just like her... :lol:

Posted Image

Also, if I don't win - I plan to convert to Freeport faction, join the Dark Elves and totally Kill Steal, Train, and Ninja ALL of your Mobs and phat loots. Yeah, I'm Xegony, hard core and that's how we roll.

LOVE IT!!

*btw, did you know Heather Graham is the in-game voice of Antonia?*

#3 hkbushido

hkbushido
  • Members
  • 2,327 posts

Posted 05 July 2008 - 11:41 AM

how do I add a pic to my post, it's not showing up anymore and I can't edit my post.

#4 heidiroo

heidiroo
  • Members
  • 545 posts

Posted 06 July 2008 - 06:37 PM

I vote for DaGoomba! Wait, are we allowed to vote?

#5 VibrantEcho

VibrantEcho

Officially Jealous

• Members
  • 1,073 posts

Posted 06 July 2008 - 08:17 PM

These are ALL great replies so far. :blink: :angry: :angry:

#6 TxQuiltGirl

TxQuiltGirl
  • Members
  • 6,908 posts

Posted 07 July 2008 - 10:25 AM

I AM - Antonia Bayle, Queen of Qeynos. AKA Queen of the Human Faction in EverQuest (2)

WHY?

Because even though it was decreed by Antonius Bayle the First that no ruler of Qeynos should ever be called king, The name Antonius became the title taken by every descendant of that bloodline who wore the crown. Being a woman, Antonia Bayle took the liberty of altering the title and is correctly addressed as "Antonia" not "Queen Antonia" or "Your Majesty" or "Your Highness. She is a problem solver.

I like the way she thinks and uses her keen and superior intellect to get over, around, or under hurdles that Life and the Dark Forces of Innoruk throw her way. The evil Lucan D'Lere of Freeport has nothing on this Lady of Qeynos who possesses an enigmatic charm and an undeniable beauty, she commands the attention of all who see her. However, she is far from just a pretty face;she has a natural gift to inspire her people and make wise decisions. She speaks from the heart and motivates her subjects to believe in their ability to achieve great things. Her strongest trait is her belief in justice and it guides all her decisions. I am all about the justice.

Although, I, myself may lack her great beauty and royal heritage, we share a physical resemblance, in that the Goddess Tunare has failed to bless us with an over abundance of breast(s), as she has that silly, elven, twit Firiona Vie. I mean, seriously, how does that Paladin even walk? I don't know what that Goddess was thinking... a Paladin as your "champion"? Pfft. Stinkin' Elves.

As I do not have a picture of myself as Antonia, I am substituting a picture of the Actresses who play both Antonia and Firiona at all the big Sony/EQ shin-digs. I'd of course look just like her... :angry:

Posted Image

Also, if I don't win - I plan to convert to Freeport faction, join the Dark Elves and totally Kill Steal, Train, and Ninja ALL of your Mobs and phat loots. Yeah, I'm Xegony, hard core and that's how we roll.

Nem, you are SUCH a nerd.

And for the record, I am the Overlord - although I am a female ratonga, despite the title "OverLORD" ... you know how difficult it is to keep trolls and such in line if they think yer a FEMALE RAT?!?!

Yeah. I could kick your Miss Good Two-Shoes butt all over Antonica. And probably most of ROK. Because I roll like that.

#7 Nemeweh

Nemeweh

Official CB Party Planner

• Members
  • 57 posts

Posted 08 July 2008 - 05:14 PM

WHY?

As I do not have a picture of myself as Antonia, I am substituting a picture of the Actresses who play both Antonia and Firiona at all the big Sony/EQ shin-digs. I'd of course look just like her... :huh:

Posted Image

LOVE IT!!

*btw, did you know Heather Graham is the in-game voice of Antonia?*

Yeah :unsure: I'm a recovering EQ nerd. Big time!

#8 Nemeweh

Nemeweh

• Members
  • 57 posts

Posted 08 July 2008 - 05:15 PM

WHY?

As I do not have a picture of myself as Antonia, I am substituting a picture of the Actresses who play both Antonia and Firiona at all the big Sony/EQ shin-digs. I'd of course look just like her... :huh:

Posted Image

Nem, you are SUCH a nerd.

And for the record, I am the Overlord - although I am a female ratonga, despite the title "OverLORD" ... you know how difficult it is to keep trolls and such in line if they think yer a FEMALE RAT?!?!

Yeah. I could kick your Miss Good Two-Shoes butt all over Antonica. And probably most of ROK. Because I roll like that.

Pfft. Come get in Age of Conan (it's still a little buggy but I've been able to play all day) I have a Priestess of Set, Ranger, and Guardian. Let's go! hehe

#9 gary4872

gary4872
  • Members
  • 350 posts

Posted 08 July 2008 - 11:46 PM

I remember lots of people from WoW were stoked for Conan to come out but I heard it ended up being a failure. Is it any good?

#10 CreditMcNugget

CreditMcNugget
  • Members
  • 1,274 posts

Posted 09 July 2008 - 01:13 AM

This one is really exciting!

It's the first one I've actually entered. Got my fingers crossed! (we NEEEEEEEEEED a Wii -- literally :dntknw:)

#11 TxQuiltGirl

TxQuiltGirl
  • Members
  • 6,908 posts

Posted 09 July 2008 - 08:14 AM

Nem I have NO interest in AoC. I'd rather chew glass than play that game. Have fun with it tho!

#12 Nemeweh

Nemeweh

• Members
  • 57 posts

Posted 09 July 2008 - 08:32 AM

I remember lots of people from WoW were stoked for Conan to come out but I heard it ended up being a failure. Is it any good?

I like it. It's like any "new" game though and very buggy/glitchy. Give them another 6months (or less) and they'll have it all worked out. I haven't gotten to the PvP stage yet though (on a RvR server) so ask me again in a few months if I haven't given up completely. Ha! I remember giving Funcom's Anarchy Online a test run and /shudder couldn't even get through the free month. They seem to have worked out a lot of their previous mistakes and are knocking down bug-fixes left and right.

Keep in mind, that WoW has had several years to work things out, and let's face it Blizzard has one hella a team on staff who actually play MMOs. (Yeah yeah Furor is a MMO Gawd, etc).

Oh and if you have Vista/Directx10 - it F'in rocks. DL'd it onto hubby's computer and OMG.

It reminds me a great deal of a mix between EQ2 and Star Wars Galaxies. But let me restate, this is NOT a teen/kid game. I've never seen so many *hore references in my life!~ :dntknw: I'm not a BIG Conan book fan (only ever watched the movies) but it seem very true to the books/fantasy/fiction.

#13 CreditMcNugget

CreditMcNugget
  • Members
  • 1,274 posts

Posted 10 July 2008 - 12:13 PM

Please, please, please vote for me!

If you want, I can even take videos of myself playing. (the Wii, that is)

*fingers crossed*

#14 Glacier

Glacier
  • Members
  • 622 posts

Posted 10 July 2008 - 08:16 PM

Personally, I think if Fallon wins he should check the thrift stores for a Leisure Suit and prove to us he was deserving.

#15 Fataliya

Fataliya
  • Members
  • 1,451 posts

Posted 11 July 2008 - 05:36 AM

Pfft. Come get in Age of Conan (it's still a little buggy but I've been able to play all day) I have a Priestess of Set, Ranger, and Guardian. Let's go! hehe

Sooo, uh, how much is AoC a month to play?

#16 DaGoomba

DaGoomba
  • Members
  • 260 posts

Posted 13 July 2008 - 01:34 AM

Personally, I think if Fallon wins he should check the thrift stores for a Leisure Suit and prove to us he was deserving.

I'm in second. I'm waiting for Fallon to be disqualified. lol :P

#17 MB82x

MB82x
  • Members
  • 770 posts

Posted 13 July 2008 - 06:04 PM

Bullet Bill is much more hardcore than a lowly goomba... ;)

#18 brazen

brazen

Thing Two

• Forum Leads
  • 2,439 posts

Posted 14 July 2008 - 02:47 PM

I'm in second. I'm waiting for Fallon to be disqualified. lol :lol:

or a g-string.. :rolleyes:

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© Copyright 2003 - 2013 Creditboards.com. All rights reserved. No portion of this site may be reproduced without explicit permission from the owners. The content of creditboards.com is subject solely to the personal whim of its admins. We reserve the right, at our sole discretion, to remove any and all posts or comments, at any time, for any reason which takes our entirely capricious fancy, or for no particular reason whatsoever, without restriction. Comments or questions regarding the site may be addressed to admin@creditboards.com.