Welcome to CreditBoards!

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to CreditBoards! Like most online communities, you must register to post in our community, but don't worry - this is a simple process requiring minimal information for you to sign up. Be a part of CreditBoards by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Read These Items!

• If you're getting an Authentication mismatch error: Clear your cache. Log out of CB. Delete your cookie. Close your browser. Open your browser and log back in.

Photo

LEASE VS PURCHASE

• Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

#26 MarvBear

MarvBear

Administrator

• Admin
  • 47,414 posts

Posted 05 May 2004 - 07:47 PM

Does a dealer receive any "hidden" incentive from selling a captive lease over a cash sale? I get the feeling the dealer would prefer I lease instead of purchase. In other words, disregarding the "end of lease" transaction, does leasing offer a financial advantage to the dealer?

Nope, there are no hidden incentives. Depending on the leasing company you may not be able to get your payoff except thru the dealer though.

Dealer can/do mark lease payoff's up.

#27 BnkRptLsr

BnkRptLsr
  • Members
  • 533 posts

Posted 03 June 2004 - 08:49 PM

Marv,

In general, what approximately would be an average 'Money Factor'? for someone with poor, fair, and good credit?

an example for a purchase interest rates would be approximately: 2.9% is good, 9.9% is fair, and 19% is poor.

Also, are there leasing companies that will lease you a car regardless of the make/model? for example, if I lease a honda, am I required to lease it through honda?

Thanks, the primer really helps

#28 MarvBear

MarvBear

Administrator

• Admin
  • 47,414 posts

Posted 03 June 2004 - 08:53 PM

Marv,

In general, what approximately would be an average 'Money Factor'? for someone with poor, fair, and good credit?

an example for a purchase interest rates would be approximately: 2.9% is good, 9.9% is fair, and 19% is poor.

Also, are there leasing companies that will lease you a car regardless of the make/model? for example, if I lease a honda, am I required to lease it through honda?

Thanks, the primer really helps

There is no average money factor. I have seen rates as low as .00010 and as high as .000650 dependendent upon the particular vehicle make model and leasing company.

There are many companies that will lease any make model. You can even lease used vehicles.

#29 BnkRptLsr

BnkRptLsr
  • Members
  • 533 posts

Posted 03 June 2004 - 08:54 PM

What then determines the money factor?

am I misunderstanding what the money factor is? I'm thinking that it is similar to the interest rate on a purchase...

#30 MarvBear

MarvBear

Administrator

• Admin
  • 47,414 posts

Posted 03 June 2004 - 09:03 PM

What then determines the money factor?

am I misunderstanding what the money factor is? I'm thinking that it is similar to the interest rate on a purchase...

The money factor is determined by creditworthiness, vehicle make, model, lender, term, and dealer, just like the apr may also vary by these factors.

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© Copyright 2003 - 2013 Creditboards.com. All rights reserved. No portion of this site may be reproduced without explicit permission from the owners. The content of creditboards.com is subject solely to the personal whim of its admins. We reserve the right, at our sole discretion, to remove any and all posts or comments, at any time, for any reason which takes our entirely capricious fancy, or for no particular reason whatsoever, without restriction. Comments or questions regarding the site may be addressed to admin@creditboards.com.