Welcome to CreditBoards!

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to CreditBoards! Like most online communities, you must register to post in our community, but don't worry - this is a simple process requiring minimal information for you to sign up. Be a part of CreditBoards by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Read These Items!

• If you're getting an Authentication mismatch error: Clear your cache. Log out of CB. Delete your cookie. Close your browser. Open your browser and log back in.

Photo

Sooo discouraged at this point...

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 clambert1273

clambert1273

Exception to the Rule

• Members
  • 5,827 posts

Posted 27 April 2008 - 09:41 PM

So I started this track on credit repair a few weeks ago... since then I have sent off 12 DV letters to various collection agencies, I have disputed my reports... for what... not much...

I am not comparing my situation to anyone elses success or failures - I know better than that...

Nothing gets removed from reports - they keep verifying.... I get back 3 "validations" which I have no idea what to do with... One of them I actually have no idea what it is... I am stuck at this point and don't know what to do... I received one validation that 2 ca's have the same account but I am not sure which one has the "right" to collect it...

I actually did take a break from it for about the last 4 days just to try and gather my thoughts and I still can't process it all... I know it is overwhelming (prepared for that) but I have no idea what to do at this point... I search and search and just get still get stuck on what I should do...

I do want to say a big thank you to everyone that has helped me this far - I really do appreciate it. I try to give back on subjects that I know (like BK and military) but otherwise I don't have much information yet and can't really help anyone when I am stuck myself ...

I felt like giving up but I know that I can't... I can see my house standing in the wings waiting on me to grab it :good: On the up side - my baby just turned 1 yesterday lol (Random I know) You can see how my thoughts process lol

#2 ClarkeCO

ClarkeCO
  • Members
  • 2,266 posts

Posted 27 April 2008 - 09:45 PM

Credit Repair is a marathon not a sprint. Ask yourself this, If you give up what then? You going to hide the rest of your life? You going to deal with crappy rates and possibly turned down jobs?

Now keep your head up and stop being a victim. Many of the people here have been here for months, YEARS, and are just now coming out on top. So strap yourself in, read up on some techniques and work on it!

#3 Dio

Dio
  • Members
  • 206 posts

Posted 27 April 2008 - 09:48 PM

I say keep your chin up.....It is a long process it took me almost 7 years to get myself back in the right place dont give up.
Maybe if you provide some info you can get some help from members.

#4 hjm331

hjm331
  • Members
  • 1,398 posts

Posted 27 April 2008 - 09:53 PM

Have you tried applying for a secured card?

#5 clambert1273

clambert1273

Exception to the Rule

• Members
  • 5,827 posts

Posted 27 April 2008 - 09:54 PM

im not worried about my scores or getting a credit card at the moment... I got positive accounts.. thats not an issue... my dings my scores are 2 BK's that show dismissed, a repo from Crap 1 (listed twice on my report) and about 9-12 CA's... I have 19 positives to go along with it including a paid off mortgage.

#6 ClarkeCO

ClarkeCO
  • Members
  • 2,266 posts

Posted 27 April 2008 - 09:58 PM

Then why is your head soo low? It may take a year to get all of those things cleaned up. DV the CA's, send #2, let them rack up some violations and then offer PFD's or take em to court. Your options are not limited to DV and validations.

#7 clambert1273

clambert1273

Exception to the Rule

• Members
  • 5,827 posts

Posted 27 April 2008 - 10:02 PM

I did DV the CA's... 3 of them actually sent true validation... so now Im stuck with those and the ONLY thing I can come up with is to try for a PFD... but then I search that and see that it isn't very successful or even if they do agree they don't have to pull it off...etc.. Unfortunately, they haven't racked up any violations... they have been cordial and I think the ones that have replied are probably pretty small (not the bottom feeders of the big ones) so they haven't been harassing or doing anything uncalled for...

I understand my options are not limited... I posted my thoughts at the moment so I guess that was a mistake...

#8 sherman_must_die

sherman_must_die
  • Members
  • 955 posts

Posted 27 April 2008 - 10:11 PM

It took me 2 years to fight LVNV, A$$hat, and a repo off my CR's. If you're getting discouraged now I wonder if your head will be in the game months down the road.

It's not a short-term battle. You can't give up. You WON'T give up! (Cue Eye of the Tiger)

GL!

#9 jmo

jmo
  • Members
  • 270 posts

Posted 27 April 2008 - 10:21 PM

dont give up clambert- if you have to take a break then do, but then come back and keep on working. it's def worth it in the long run, you know. even just to have the sense of control over what is happening with your credit. you know, some folks dont even know what a credit report is, much less what is on it. keep reading; keep learning.

Edited by jmo, 27 April 2008 - 10:22 PM.

#10 clambert1273

clambert1273

Exception to the Rule

• Members
  • 5,827 posts

Posted 27 April 2008 - 10:27 PM

i'll be fine... just my vent I guess... had nowhere else to vent it... thanks I appreciate it :good: I think I will just try to PFD these ones that sent me paperwork back... well except the one I need to find out which one can actually collect it lol hopefully since I seem to backwards (LOL) then maybe they will take it :D

#11 HereKittyKitty

HereKittyKitty

CB Scarlet Letter Bearer

• Members
  • 5,193 posts

Posted 27 April 2008 - 11:06 PM

A few weeks is not very long in this journey. I've been at it off and on for almost three years. I've taken frequent breaks, though -- so it's probably been about a year and a half of hard work.

Right now it sounds like you may be biting off more than you can comfortably chew. Start with the CAs with the oldest DOFDs, and only take on a few at a time. And don't forget the Cali civil code as you do this -- it often provides more protection than the federal FDCPA.

#12 powers64

powers64
  • Members
  • 1,907 posts

Posted 27 April 2008 - 11:14 PM

they have been cordial and I think the ones that have replied are probably pretty small (not the bottom feeders of the big ones) so they haven't been harassing or doing anything uncalled for...

which hopefully means they will be fair and level minded about taking everything off your report if you pay as well. :rofl:

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© Copyright 2003 - 2013 Creditboards.com. All rights reserved. No portion of this site may be reproduced without explicit permission from the owners. The content of creditboards.com is subject solely to the personal whim of its admins. We reserve the right, at our sole discretion, to remove any and all posts or comments, at any time, for any reason which takes our entirely capricious fancy, or for no particular reason whatsoever, without restriction. Comments or questions regarding the site may be addressed to admin@creditboards.com.