Welcome to CreditBoards!

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to CreditBoards! Like most online communities, you must register to post in our community, but don't worry - this is a simple process requiring minimal information for you to sign up. Be a part of CreditBoards by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Read These Items!

• If you're getting an Authentication mismatch error: Clear your cache. Log out of CB. Delete your cookie. Close your browser. Open your browser and log back in.

Photo

Credit Card "Pre-Selector" sites?

• Please log in to reply
952 replies to this topic

#26 dons888

dons888
  • Members
  • 2,967 posts

Posted 10 March 2008 - 08:18 PM

subscribing

#27 Vinny2020

Vinny2020
  • Members
  • 489 posts

Posted 10 March 2008 - 08:18 PM

Ok, to answer my own question. I went to the soft pull site on Amex. There was a link
there that said something like "already a card member? see what offers ...."
after logging in I see this on the screen:

Posted Image

Hmm. I already have an Amex Blue, why offer it again. This just looks like a trap
for me to waste another pull on exp. What do you guys think. I only have 2 baddies
left on EXP , blood sucking Palisades collection (DV goes out tomorrow) and a paid
collection from 2003. This is a tough one. I'm surprised they didn't put a green among
the choices. I feel out of my league with the offers presented. Well, except for the "Blue"
cards.

#28 socalfiremedic

socalfiremedic
  • Members
  • 784 posts

Posted 10 March 2008 - 08:20 PM

hmm.. with a 659 you should be alright. I looked at the credit pull database and thats looks acceptable :o

#29 tanya0525

tanya0525
  • Members
  • 588 posts

Posted 10 March 2008 - 09:12 PM

Thanks!

I just did the orchard bank one, and was offered an unsecured, so I took them up on it. They said it was approved.

This is good because we need to add some more revolving credit before we apply for a mortgage in the next 1-2 yrs. I had thought I was going to need to do a secured card.

What was your CL?

Tanya

#30 FlaGator

FlaGator
  • Members
  • 457 posts

Posted 10 March 2008 - 09:54 PM

Ok, to answer my own question. I went to the soft pull site on Amex. There was a link

Posted Image

Hmm. I already have an Amex Blue, why offer it again. This just looks like a trap
for me to waste another pull on exp. What do you guys think. I only have 2 baddies
left on EXP , blood sucking Palisades collection (DV goes out tomorrow) and a paid
collection from 2003. This is a tough one. I'm surprised they didn't put a green among
the choices. I feel out of my league with the offers presented. Well, except for the "Blue"
cards.

AMEX Platinum, Gold or Green are all alike. Someone on this board is in the 500's and has a black card.

#31 socalfiremedic

socalfiremedic
  • Members
  • 784 posts

Posted 10 March 2008 - 10:03 PM

Posted Image

cards.

AMEX Platinum, Gold or Green are all alike. Someone on this board is in the 500's and has a black card.

Show me proof! B) I want to be 'THAT' guy!

#32 hegemony

hegemony

Area Man

• Members
  • 68,309 posts

Posted 10 March 2008 - 10:04 PM

who?

#33 whitedawn

whitedawn
  • Members
  • 117 posts

Posted 10 March 2008 - 10:53 PM

i have blue cash and got the same screen... pulled the trigger on gold. denied, but they didn't pull a hard. this was last week.

as always, YMMV, but it didn't cost me anything.

Posted Image

cards.

#34 socalfiremedic

socalfiremedic
  • Members
  • 784 posts

Posted 10 March 2008 - 11:04 PM

I want the blue one <_< Its so pwetty

#35 Vinny2020

Vinny2020
  • Members
  • 489 posts

Posted 10 March 2008 - 11:09 PM

Sigh, I switched to applying for a green, got denied. I've applied before and usually there is no hard pull. Good
thing since EXP is so *B* resistant. I guess trying for blue sky card might set off alarms. <_<

i have blue cash and got the same screen... pulled the trigger on gold. denied, but they didn't pull a hard. this was last week.

as always, YMMV, but it didn't cost me anything.

Posted Image

cards.

#36 startover

startover
  • Members
  • 1,053 posts

Posted 10 March 2008 - 11:25 PM

I REALLY REALLY REALLY hate you guys. <_< I just couldnt resist it after reading someone's post that said no hard was pulled for the AMEX pre-approved application for existing card members. I swore before that I wouldnt get another card till 2009. So guess what? A HARD on EX and a toy line of $2000. Currently at $20k on HH and $12.5k on Optima Plat.

This is obvioulsy the AMEX's way of saying "you're pretty much on the borderline of the maximum credit we can extend to you. so we gave you this card with the minimum limit. get ready for F/R".

I really regret it now. Slapping myself. T__T

#37 socalfiremedic

socalfiremedic
  • Members
  • 784 posts

Posted 10 March 2008 - 11:27 PM

I REALLY REALLY REALLY hate you guys. :grin: I just couldnt resist it after reading someone's post that said no hard was pulled for the AMEX pre-approved application for existing card members. I swore before that I wouldnt get another card till 2009. So guess what? A HARD on EX and a toy line of $2000. Currently at $20k on HH and $12.5k on Optima Plat.

This is obvioulsy the AMEX's way of saying "you're pretty much on the borderline of the maximum credit we can extend to you. so we gave you this card with the minimum limit. get ready for F/R".

2kCLs are quite significant to us weaklings <_<

#38 startover

startover
  • Members
  • 1,053 posts

Posted 10 March 2008 - 11:30 PM

So big fat WARNING

A HARD will likely be pulled (most likely EX!!) if you get approved with the AMEX link. Don't try it unless you're ready for the pull!!!!!!

#39 jazzyjohn

jazzyjohn
  • Members
  • 596 posts

Posted 11 March 2008 - 12:45 AM

HSBC offered me their "Weekend" card.. interesting.

What, they won't let you use it during the week?!? :)

#40 clrntsqueak

clrntsqueak
  • Members
  • 228 posts

Posted 11 March 2008 - 01:02 AM

HSBC offered me their "Weekend" card.. interesting.

What, they won't let you use it during the week?!? :)

Hahahaha.

It is a weird concept for a card... I think it said 3% cash back on WEEKEND purchases, 1% on weekdays. I'm guessing anyone who has this *DOESN'T* use this card on the weekdays. :)

#41 Shane

Shane
  • Members
  • 1,271 posts

Posted 11 March 2008 - 01:27 AM

WTH - Amex said that thier special offers were not available to me. WTH. They also said that it would not affect my credit score. If I see an IQ from AMEX, letter writing time.

Edit, now Capital 1 said I dont qualify for anything. Screw all of them then.

Edited by Shane, 11 March 2008 - 01:29 AM.

#42 kmcnabb108

kmcnabb108
  • Members
  • 62 posts

Posted 11 March 2008 - 10:03 AM

Tried Amex - no luck

Approved through Orchard Bank - $300.00 limit.

Better than nothing! It's looking better - last year at this time it would have totally been denied.

Thanks!

#43 sara21200

sara21200
  • Members
  • 6,049 posts

Posted 11 March 2008 - 10:06 AM

WTH - Amex said that thier special offers were not available to me. WTH. They also said that it would not affect my credit score. If I see an IQ from AMEX, letter writing time.

Edit, now Capital 1 said I dont qualify for anything. Screw all of them then.

Your scores look good - Could it be that you are in Germany? :clapping:

#44 inspiringmind

inspiringmind
  • Members
  • 1,151 posts

Posted 11 March 2008 - 11:09 AM

I REALLY REALLY REALLY hate you guys. :lol: I just couldnt resist it after reading someone's post that said no hard was pulled for the AMEX pre-approved application for existing card members. I swore before that I wouldnt get another card till 2009. So guess what? A HARD on EX and a toy line of $2000. Currently at $20k on HH and $12.5k on Optima Plat.

2kCLs are quite significant to us weaklings :clapping:

:clapping: I would give my right arm and part of my left to have a CC with a 2K limit. For now anyways...Of course I would give my right arm for 1K limit right now too.

#45 kmcnabb108

kmcnabb108
  • Members
  • 62 posts

Posted 12 March 2008 - 02:58 PM

Ok - just tried for the Capital One Card and was approved for it also. Still just another $300.00 - but it's looking up for me! :dntknw:

#46 googerz

googerz
  • Members
  • 518 posts

Posted 14 March 2008 - 01:18 AM

Ok, I get no bites from Amex. Pre-approval for Cap1 No 1% cashback card (closed the screen already!), but I am not ready to bite... so afraid of the $500 limit.

My EX is frozen, so I figure that's why no Amex luvin. Has anyone with frozen EX and no open Amex accts gotten a preapproval offer?

#47 IFBrock

IFBrock
  • Members
  • 291 posts

Posted 14 March 2008 - 09:21 AM

BofA approved me for Rewards AmEx and BankAmericard with 3k limits.

#48 sunmicroman

sunmicroman
  • Members
  • 4,427 posts

Posted 14 March 2008 - 10:20 AM

I REALLY REALLY REALLY hate you guys. :D I just couldnt resist it after reading someone's post that said no hard was pulled for the AMEX pre-approved application for existing card members. I swore before that I wouldnt get another card till 2009. So guess what? A HARD on EX and a toy line of $2000. Currently at $20k on HH and $12.5k on Optima Plat.

Or a massive CLD.........

#49 chiti

chiti
  • Members
  • 218 posts

Posted 14 March 2008 - 10:46 AM

So big fat WARNING

A HARD will likely be pulled (most likely EX!!) if you get approved with the AMEX link. Don't try it unless you're ready for the pull!!!!!!

Ohhhhhh...... I was tempted to do that.

Thanks for being the guinea pig..... :D

#50 HPchica

HPchica
  • Members
  • 297 posts

Posted 14 March 2008 - 11:16 AM

I annoyed my boyfriend into looking at the AMEX pre-approval screen. :D It gave him AMEX gold and green AF free for one year, and then AMEX Blue, Blue Sky, and HH.

He applied for Blue. Got a $5k limit with 9.99% APR.

I hate him right now LOL.

1 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

© Copyright 2003 - 2013 Creditboards.com. All rights reserved. No portion of this site may be reproduced without explicit permission from the owners. The content of creditboards.com is subject solely to the personal whim of its admins. We reserve the right, at our sole discretion, to remove any and all posts or comments, at any time, for any reason which takes our entirely capricious fancy, or for no particular reason whatsoever, without restriction. Comments or questions regarding the site may be addressed to admin@creditboards.com.