Welcome to CreditBoards!

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to CreditBoards! Like most online communities, you must register to post in our community, but don't worry - this is a simple process requiring minimal information for you to sign up. Be a part of CreditBoards by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Read These Items!

• If you're getting an Authentication mismatch error: Clear your cache. Log out of CB. Delete your cookie. Close your browser. Open your browser and log back in.

Photo

Credit Card "Pre-Selector" sites?

• Please log in to reply
884 replies to this topic

#726 Thunder-Bolt

Thunder-Bolt
  • Members
  • 129 posts

Posted 24 October 2011 - 11:58 AM

Hi

When I apply for these pre-appr cards this message comes up and wondering if everyone gets the same message ..

"
XXXXXX we couldn't match your records to a card offer
But based on your answers, we think you might like this card."

Trying to build my credit back up so I can buy a house soon and get bettr rates .
I was offered these cards...should I take it..I don't really plan on using it other than small ticket items.

I used the links in this thread...If I don't get approved will they show as a hard pull ?

Thanks

=====================================================================================================

Capital One® Classic Platinum

Credit Card FeaturesPrimary Benefit:Get the credit you need with a 0% Intro APRPurchase APR:0% Intro APR until July 2012; 17.9%-22.9% variable APR after thatTransfer Information:17.9%-22.9% variable APR; No transfer feeAnnual Fee:$39
====================================================================================

VentureOneSM Rewards Credit Card FeaturesPrimary Benefit:1.25 miles per dollar on every purchase. Plus, earn 10,000 bonus miles.Purchase APR:0% Intro APR until October 2012; 11.9%-19.9% variable APR after thatTransfer Information:11.9%-19.9% variable APR; No transfer feeAnnual Fee:$0===============================================================================
Capital One® Platinum Prestige
Primary Benefit:Save money with a 0% Intro APR on purchases and transfers
Purchase APR:0% Intro APR until January 2013; 10.9%-18.9% variable APR after that

Transfer Information:0% Intro APR until January 2013; 10.9%-18.9% variable APR after that; 3% fee per transfer

Annual Fee:$0
==================================================================================
VentureSM Rewards
Primary Benefit: 2 miles per dollar on every purchase. Plus, earn 10,000 bonus miles.<H6>Purchase APR:11.9%-19.9% variable APR

Transfer Information:11.9%-19.9% variable APR; No transfer fee

Annual Fee:$0 intro for the first year; $59 after that
===============================================================================================

Edited by Thunder-Bolt, 24 October 2011 - 12:25 PM.

#727 cashnocredit

cashnocredit

cash AND credit

• Members
  • 4,587 posts

Posted 24 October 2011 - 07:44 PM

Hi
I used the links in this thread...If I don't get approved will they show as a hard pull ?

Yes.

#728 Thunder-Bolt

Thunder-Bolt
  • Members
  • 129 posts

Posted 24 October 2011 - 11:29 PM

Hi

Yes.

Doohhh

Thanks for the reply :)

#729 mattt

mattt
  • Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 28 October 2011 - 06:00 PM

im 22 and have no credit. been applying for some of these and get no pre qualify offers.

what am i supposed to do on some of these when it asks for mortgage amount? i dont pay the mortgage since im with my parents.

#730 breeze

breeze

Site Owners & FC XXXVIII

• Admin
  • 46,240 posts

Posted 12 November 2011 - 08:01 PM

If you don't have a mortgage, put 0 as the amount. It's a trick question. ;)

#731 msthang77420

msthang77420
  • Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 13 November 2011 - 12:51 AM

cam someone please tell me how to get a black card or any credit card

Ok, to answer my own question. I went to the soft pull site on Amex. There was a link
there that said something like "already a card member? see what offers ...."
after logging in I see this on the screen:

Posted Image

Hmm. I already have an Amex Blue, why offer it again. This just looks like a trap
for me to waste another pull on exp. What do you guys think. I only have 2 baddies
left on EXP , blood sucking Palisades collection (DV goes out tomorrow) and a paid
collection from 2003. This is a tough one. I'm surprised they didn't put a green among
the choices. I feel out of my league with the offers presented. Well, except for the "Blue"
cards.

AMEX Platinum, Gold or Green are all alike. Someone on this board is in the 500's and has a black card.

#732 hegemony

hegemony

Area Man

• Members
  • 67,583 posts

Posted 13 November 2011 - 10:27 PM

cam someone please tell me how to get a black card or any credit card

be the number one player picked in an NFL draft.

or use a sharpy on an extant credit card.

#733 DemonPazuzu

DemonPazuzu
  • Members
  • 60 posts

Posted 15 November 2011 - 11:28 PM

These "pre-selectors" are pointless.

The Discover one keeps "pre-approving" me for a Discover More, weeks after I was declined when I foolishly responded to one of their "pre-screened" letters.

Edited by DemonPazuzu, 15 November 2011 - 11:29 PM.

#734 Kevin22

Kevin22
  • Members
  • 508 posts

Posted 16 November 2011 - 11:43 AM

These "pre-selectors" are pointless.

The Discover one keeps "pre-approving" me for a Discover More, weeks after I was declined when I foolishly responded to one of their "pre-screened" letters.

Pre-selections are ALWAYS "YMMV"
To say they are pointless is ignorant. They serve a purpose for many people, just not yourself in this case with Discover.

I think I read somewhere on this board (may even be in this thread somewhere) that pre-approvals are score based and not history based. You may meet their requirements for a pre-approval with your score, but your history has something in it that doesn't meet requirements for the actual approval of their card/loan/service

Edited by Kevin22, 16 November 2011 - 11:49 AM.

#735 msports

msports
  • Newbies
  • 1 posts

Posted 20 November 2011 - 04:38 PM

I was opted-out from "Pre-Selected Offers" for a couple of years and opted back in about a week ago...

How soon will it take before I can try the "store-checkout" trick with success?

Thanks!

#736 wittingsun

wittingsun
  • Members
  • 73 posts

Posted 20 November 2011 - 09:29 PM

im 22 and have no credit. been applying for some of these and get no pre qualify offers.

what am i supposed to do on some of these when it asks for mortgage amount? i dont pay the mortgage since im with my parents.

Get a cap one secured card.

#737 Pheenomz

Pheenomz
  • Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 22 November 2011 - 11:07 AM

Woohoo!! Applied to the Discover More pre-selector card. Never had anything so instant for an approval. I've been working hard on my credit for 2 years since my sad story (everybody has one) credit fall from grace. The biggest amount I've ever been approved for as well!!

#738 hegemony

hegemony

Area Man

• Members
  • 67,583 posts

Posted 22 November 2011 - 11:20 AM

I was opted-out from "Pre-Selected Offers" for a couple of years and opted back in about a week ago...

Thanks!

usually around 90 days.

#739 hegemony

hegemony

Area Man

• Members
  • 67,583 posts

Posted 22 November 2011 - 11:21 AM

Woohoo!! Applied to the Discover More pre-selector card. Never had anything so instant for an approval. I've been working hard on my credit for 2 years since my sad story (everybody has one) credit fall from grace. The biggest amount I've ever been approved for as well!!

congrats!!!

folks in this thread...don't forget to update the creditpulls database :)

#740 George81

George81
  • Members
  • 201 posts

Posted 24 November 2011 - 11:07 PM

Just approved for the discover more card after being declined 2 months ago. They pulled both eq and tu. didnt show my cl tho.

#741 Mo Munny Mo Problems

Mo Munny Mo Problems
  • Members
  • 720 posts

Posted 17 December 2011 - 12:58 PM

I did the HSBC PreQualifier and it came back saying the best card for me was a secured card LMAO...my scores are all 700s XD

Posted Image

#742 Diva-Mommy

Diva-Mommy
  • Members
  • 192 posts

Posted 17 December 2011 - 02:09 PM

Are any of these creditors inquiry friendly?

#743 LuvingMomof5boys

LuvingMomof5boys
  • Members
  • 1,964 posts

Posted 17 December 2011 - 05:37 PM

at any point you have to ask if the creditor is inquiry friendly it's time to stop applying... not trying to be mean. just friendly advice.. (<------former horribly app doing do-er lol.. I did a app spree that would make most people faint lol...back in xmas of 05 lol)...

Edited by LuvingMomof5boys, 17 December 2011 - 05:39 PM.

#744 Diva-Mommy

Diva-Mommy
  • Members
  • 192 posts

Posted 17 December 2011 - 06:03 PM

at any point you have to ask if the creditor is inquiry friendly it's time to stop applying... not trying to be mean. just friendly advice.. (<------former horribly app doing do-er lol.. I did a app spree that would make most people faint lol...back in xmas of 05 lol)...

I DO understand...lol. just curious. I am going to lay off apps for a while, but I was wonderig at what point denials stop saying "Too many inquiries" as a reason for denial. What # is too many?

#745 Mortgagase

Mortgagase
  • Members
  • 279 posts

Posted 17 December 2011 - 06:48 PM

I DO understand...lol. just curious. I am going to lay off apps for a while, but I was wonderig at what point denials stop saying "Too many inquiries" as a reason for denial. What # is too many?

Good question! A lot depends on the c c company. If the inquiries are over 1 year i would not worry about it. My guess is over 3 in the last 6 months would probably be too many!

#746 Thunder-Bolt

Thunder-Bolt
  • Members
  • 129 posts

Posted 18 December 2011 - 01:14 PM

I have to say when I did the PreQualifier app spree the ones that were recommended for me I was always approved...then
i got brave and tried for other cards that weren't recommended and I was denied.

4 out of 7 so I'm happy for now and now that I'm bumping I have the urge to go on another app spree to increase my ULI.

EQ bumping but TU hasn't budge so I signed up for a 4th daily pull :aggressive:

Edited by Thunder-Bolt, 18 December 2011 - 01:14 PM.

#747 JR81

JR81
  • Members
  • 147 posts

Posted 20 December 2011 - 03:13 PM

Thanks!

What's this checkout trick you speak of?

#748 hegemony

hegemony

Area Man

• Members
  • 67,583 posts

Posted 20 December 2011 - 08:00 PM

Thanks!

What's this checkout trick you speak of?

some people claim applying in store increasing your chances of approval and higher limits. The main reason to apply in store is to mitigate concerns a creditor might have with ID verification.

the trick mentioned might also refer to the fact some store do at-check-out prescreened offers (e.g., target).

#749 gabbyraja

gabbyraja
  • Members
  • 1,201 posts

Posted 20 December 2011 - 08:04 PM

at-check-out prescreened offers (e.g., target).

Do please tell more about this at Target? I'm always asked if I want to apply. And I DO! But, I'm afraid I'll be denied. How does a Target pre-screened offer work?

#750 hegemony

hegemony

Area Man

• Members
  • 67,583 posts

Posted 20 December 2011 - 08:08 PM

at-check-out prescreened offers (e.g., target).

Do please tell more about this at Target? I'm always asked if I want to apply. And I DO! But, I'm afraid I'll be denied. How does a Target pre-screened offer work?

I am not that familiar with it, but target used to put prescreened offers on receipts. (I would not suggest responding to a clerk's offer since it is probably just a way to market the products).

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© Copyright 2003 - 2013 Creditboards.com. All rights reserved. No portion of this site may be reproduced without explicit permission from the owners. The content of creditboards.com is subject solely to the personal whim of its admins. We reserve the right, at our sole discretion, to remove any and all posts or comments, at any time, for any reason which takes our entirely capricious fancy, or for no particular reason whatsoever, without restriction. Comments or questions regarding the site may be addressed to admin@creditboards.com.