Welcome to CreditBoards!

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to CreditBoards! Like most online communities, you must register to post in our community, but don't worry - this is a simple process requiring minimal information for you to sign up. Be a part of CreditBoards by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Read These Items!

• If you're getting an Authentication mismatch error: Clear your cache. Log out of CB. Delete your cookie. Close your browser. Open your browser and log back in.

Photo

How do I delete old addresses from credit report?

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 aerospace10

aerospace10
  • Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 05 March 2008 - 10:39 PM

Hi, I want to do Hippa letter process, so the first step im gonna do is opt out. could someone tell me what I need to write to the CRA's to get old addresses deleted from my report? What do I say in the letter? do I put in an official dispute like I would be disputing an item on my credit report? Also i was curious as to deleting addresses and opting out is critical to the hippa letter process. Any help would be appreciated. thanks

#2 aerospace10

aerospace10
  • Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 06 March 2008 - 06:40 PM

Bump- anyone? :clapping:

#3 syrch

syrch
  • Members
  • 71 posts

Posted 06 March 2008 - 10:47 PM

Bump- anyone? :dntknw:

You need to send a dispute letter to the CRA's (see link). After you get the information back showing the delete you move on with the opt out method or whatever your goals are :)

http://www.privacyri...ers/credit1.htm

#4 kemity

kemity
  • Members
  • 265 posts

Posted 07 March 2008 - 03:45 PM

Hi, I want to do Hippa letter process, so the first step im gonna do is opt out. could someone tell me what I need to write to the CRA's to get old addresses deleted from my report? What do I say in the letter? do I put in an official dispute like I would be disputing an item on my credit report? Also i was curious as to deleting addresses and opting out is critical to the hippa letter process. Any help would be appreciated. thanks

Here's a copy of a letter previously posted for addresses:

Include a copy of your driver's license and and two bills showing your current mailing address and name.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Your name
address 1
address 2

month, day year

big bad credit bureau
address 1
address 2
address 3

Dear Consumer Relations:

Going over my credit report, I have found it contains many errors. I request your investigation of the following "personal information". Please see the attached photo copy of my driver's license for your reference. For the record:

1. My name is: YOUR NAME. Please remove all other name variations IMMEDIATELY. They are not accurate!

2. My current address is: your address. Please remove all other addresses IMMEDIATELY. They are not accurate!

Please delete these disputed items. Thirty (30) days constitutes a reasonable amount of time for investigation. Per the Fair Credit Reporting Act, send me notification that these items have been deleted, as well as an updated copy of my credit report.

Sincerely,

Your name

NAME: your name
CURRENT MAILING ADDRESS: address 1 & 2
SS #: XXX-XX-XXXX
DOB: MO/DA/YEAR

2 PROOFS OF CURRENT MAILING ADDRESS AND DRIVER'S LICENSE

Opting out prevents data miners from purchasing your old accounts. It needs to be done BEFORE you start disputing anything!

The link to the letter that syrch posted is not any part of the HIPPA program. If you plan on using the HIPPA program, follow WhyChat's advice exactly how it is written out.

#5 aerospace10

aerospace10
  • Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 09 March 2008 - 12:57 PM

Thanks everyone for the responses! I called and opted out for five years. Called up Tu and they took old addresses right off report. Waiting for report in mail from equifax. I am preparing for a good fight with experian because I hear they give everyone a hard time about this.

#6 kemity

kemity
  • Members
  • 265 posts

Posted 09 March 2008 - 04:03 PM

I had success with TU and EQ by disputing addresses online. I sent the letter to EX but haven't seen any results yet.

#7 yosemite32000

yosemite32000
  • Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 21 January 2011 - 03:38 PM

Will getting old addresses taken off of your report automatically effect good tradelines associated with those addresses?

#8 deemac

deemac
  • Members
  • 1,327 posts

Posted 22 January 2011 - 09:08 AM

Will getting old addresses taken off of your report automatically effect good tradelines associated with those addresses?

In my experience, yes. If they are closed and no longer updating, they are very likely to disappear if you have the address removed.

#9 adaisyandarose

adaisyandarose
  • Members
  • 316 posts

Posted 23 February 2012 - 01:57 PM

What can I send instead if he has no other bills at all. I don't want to send a medical bill that I will be disputing later in this process. Could I send a bank statement or a pay stub?

Edited by adaisyandarose, 23 February 2012 - 01:57 PM.

#10 Why Chat

Why Chat
  • Members
  • 21,902 posts

Posted 23 February 2012 - 02:55 PM

What can I send instead if he has no other bills at all. I don't want to send a medical bill that I will be disputing later in this process. Could I send a bank statement or a pay stub?

You need to send a COPY of his drivers license, a COPY of his SS card and an ORIGINAL recent utility bill that his his name and address. A cell phone bill is OK, if he has NO bills that have his address, send a copy of a W2 that his his name and current address.

#11 adaisyandarose

adaisyandarose
  • Members
  • 316 posts

Posted 23 February 2012 - 03:24 PM

You need to send a COPY of his drivers license, a COPY of his SS card and an ORIGINAL recent utility bill that his his name and address. A cell phone bill is OK, if he has NO bills that have his address, send a copy of a W2 that his his name and current address.

Thank you whychat!

#12 mrmyz

mrmyz
  • Members
  • 48 posts

Posted 27 December 2013 - 07:20 PM

any one know how long it takes to update from the time you send the dispute

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© Copyright 2003 - 2013 Creditboards.com. All rights reserved. No portion of this site may be reproduced without explicit permission from the owners. The content of creditboards.com is subject solely to the personal whim of its admins. We reserve the right, at our sole discretion, to remove any and all posts or comments, at any time, for any reason which takes our entirely capricious fancy, or for no particular reason whatsoever, without restriction. Comments or questions regarding the site may be addressed to admin@creditboards.com.