Welcome to CreditBoards!

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to CreditBoards! Like most online communities, you must register to post in our community, but don't worry - this is a simple process requiring minimal information for you to sign up. Be a part of CreditBoards by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Read These Items!

• If you're getting an Authentication mismatch error: Clear your cache. Log out of CB. Delete your cookie. Close your browser. Open your browser and log back in.

Photo

If you need a sample letter, look in the letter forum

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 LKH

LKH

Site Owner

• Admin
  • 23,843 posts

Posted 22 March 2004 - 09:06 PM

I have responded to way too many posts in the past week or so where someone is asking if there is a sample letter for a particular situation. In each and every case, if the poster had looked in the letter forum, what they were looking for was there. In addition to becoming a bit aggravating, it will save the poster so much time if they would look first.

Thank you.

#2 Rook2g5

Rook2g5
  • Members
  • 1,059 posts

Posted 01 April 2004 - 01:28 AM

Sorry, I hate to be an annoyance but can you direct me to the letter forum? I have tried, quite unsuccessfully, to navigate this great labrynth of knowledge. Please, if you could, please direct me to the letter forum, your help would be greatly appreciated!

#3 Chrism

Chrism
  • Members
  • 162 posts

Posted 05 April 2004 - 03:55 PM

I'm another newbie trying to figure out what is where - there's so much it
takes awhile.
the letters are on the page with the creditboards forum index towards the bottom. HTH

#4 MarvBear

MarvBear

Velvet Hammer

• Admin
  • 47,834 posts

Posted 05 April 2004 - 05:21 PM

Sorry, I hate to be an annoyance but can you direct me to the letter forum? I have tried, quite unsuccessfully, to navigate this great labrynth of knowledge. Please, if you could, please direct me to the letter forum, your help would be greatly appreciated!

go here:

http://creditboards....hp?showforum=18

#5 DerekLee

DerekLee
  • Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 23 May 2004 - 12:27 AM

Bumping to say that the letter forum is great, and thanks for that link!

#6 grim05

grim05
  • Members
  • 116 posts

Posted 08 June 2005 - 11:26 AM

Ok, I know I'm a noob but, where is the CRA dispute sample letter once you have recieved the green CMRR card back for validation with a CA. (Run on) I tried the search function but, no luck. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks and sorry for being so cherry.

Grim

#7 sugaree

sugaree
  • Members
  • 93 posts

Posted 08 June 2005 - 12:22 PM

I'm a newbie too and I don't mean to hijack your thread but for some reason I'm not being allowed to start my own. A little help please?

#8 breeze

breeze

Site Owners & FC XXXVIII <3

• Admin
  • 47,750 posts

Posted 09 June 2005 - 03:56 PM

Ok, I know I'm a noob but, where is the CRA dispute sample letter once you have recieved the green CMRR card back for validation with a CA. (Run on) I tried the search function but, no luck. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks and sorry for being so cherry.

Grim

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I know I always did my disputes online. There is link on the main page of each CRA. There is also a form that the CRA's mail out that you can use. Otherwise, you own handwritten dispute is the best thing to use at this point, because you don't want to look like you are receiving any kind of help. Word your letter a little like a dummie

I don't understand why you have xxxxxxx(CA name) on my credit report. I haven't opened any kind of account with xxxxx (CA name), I don't even know who they are.

...or your own variation.

Fact is, you didn't open an account with the CA, right? Or mention something specific like the date or the amount they say you owe. Don't claim it isn't yours, but that you don't know whether it's yours.
Be as specific as you can because that forces the CA to answer a specific issue, not just check to see if you are in their files.

Don't send letters that are exact copies of someone ele's letters, reword them or use them idea as a basis to write your own.

#9 breeze

breeze

• Admin
  • 47,750 posts

Posted 09 June 2005 - 04:04 PM

I'm a newbie too and I don't mean to hijack your thread but for some reason I'm not being allowed to start my own.? A little help please?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

If you can post a response, you can post a new thread, you just haven't found the right button, or the board is too busy, or you are posting it in a place that does not take posts.

go here:
http://creditboards....php?showforum=2

look in the upper right of your screen for this button: Posted Image

type in the box, then click on the "add reply" link to submit your post. If you want to go back later and find it, use "my assistant" it will keep track of your most recent posts.

#10 grim05

grim05
  • Members
  • 116 posts

Posted 09 June 2005 - 04:17 PM

Thanks for the advice!
I will be sending 3 letters today!

#11 kayla

kayla
  • Newbies
  • 1 posts

Posted 23 June 2005 - 06:36 PM

I am a newbie to this board. I have read a lot of the information. I wanted to know do the letters really work for removing inquiries? Does inquiries affect your credit score ?

I have a lot of them on my reports.

#12 crzadra

crzadra
  • Newbies
  • 1 posts

Posted 13 November 2005 - 08:00 AM

I have a few questions its not letting me post anything in the forum I dont know why and it also wont let me contact anyone. I am surprised that I can contact you. I am a member but it still wont let me post. Saying I dont have permission. One question is do you have a good dispute letter for disputing things on my credit reports. Also I have a reposition on my report but I got my car back and am back making payments how can I get it off as a repositon and show that im making payments. Is there a letter I can send to my finance company. Thanks

#13 unixkid

unixkid
  • Members
  • 398 posts

Posted 13 November 2005 - 08:28 AM

Why dont they post the sample letters by type. for example
1 sample letter to remove address
2 sample letter to DV
3 sample letter for a 2 DV

and such. It would make it easy for everyone. Is not that easy to find a sample letter for all the issues they have here, but if you listed the sample letter as such it would be better.

#14 maryann1752

maryann1752
  • Newbies
  • 10 posts

Posted 21 January 2006 - 04:03 PM

Hello I need some help. First of all, I tried to put this under new topic but an error came up. Anyway, I have sent an verfication letter to Transunion and they have sent me back a letter stating the following:

Re: Verification documents not Available.

Under this, they listed RE: Policy for Information Retention

Under this they liste the Fair Credit Reporting Act Allows: After this they list the reasons to keep this on my credit.

My question is, they didn't send verification, what type of letter do I resubmit to them?

Thanks for your help

#15 breeze

breeze

• Admin
  • 47,750 posts

Posted 21 January 2006 - 06:17 PM

You dispute with transunion, you ask a collection agency to verify (we call it validate). Post your questions in the main credit forum here: http://creditboards....php?showforum=2 use this button Posted Image

You cannot post a new topic here. This section of the board only allows replies.

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© Copyright 2003 - 2013 Creditboards.com. All rights reserved. No portion of this site may be reproduced without explicit permission from the owners. The content of creditboards.com is subject solely to the personal whim of its admins. We reserve the right, at our sole discretion, to remove any and all posts or comments, at any time, for any reason which takes our entirely capricious fancy, or for no particular reason whatsoever, without restriction. Comments or questions regarding the site may be addressed to admin@creditboards.com.