Welcome to CreditBoards!

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to CreditBoards! Like most online communities, you must register to post in our community, but don't worry - this is a simple process requiring minimal information for you to sign up. Be a part of CreditBoards by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Read These Items!

• If you're getting an Authentication mismatch error: Clear your cache. Log out of CB. Delete your cookie. Close your browser. Open your browser and log back in.

Photo
- - - - -

Happy Holidays to me!!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
19 replies to this topic

#1 Pam

Pam

Site Owner

• Admin
  • 12,093 posts

Posted 08 November 2007 - 01:53 PM

Happy Holidays to ME!

What's the worst Christmas present you ever got? Tell us about it, in all its gory detail.

Extra points awarded for pictures of the offending item.

Guys, Girls, alien babies..... c'mon, dish!!!

#2 CramItCCCAs

CramItCCCAs

Master of the Obvious

• Mod Squad
  • 6,618 posts

Posted 08 November 2007 - 02:00 PM

I'll attach a picture when I get home but my mom gave us a 3 ft high water pitcher that was colored with high-gloss day-glo pastel mossaic tiles, it is truly one of the ugliest pieces I have ever seen. A few towns over there is a museum of bad art, I've been thinking of donating it

#3 waydizzy

waydizzy
  • Members
  • 314 posts

Posted 08 November 2007 - 02:29 PM

A refurbished vacuum, from my ex.

I'm sorry, but you don't get a girl a cleaning utensil for Christmas. And if you must....for crying out loud...BUT IT NEW. I mean, the thing had hair wrapped up in the brushes and everything.

Reason # 327 why he's an ex.

#4 cotterpin

cotterpin

No Title Necessary

• Mod Squad
  • 4,981 posts

Posted 08 November 2007 - 04:19 PM

When I was 16 I recieved a pair of stirrup pants

They weren't even just regifted, they were USED and UNWASHED :D

#5 Marilie

Marilie
  • Members
  • 1,056 posts

Posted 08 November 2007 - 05:42 PM

Picture it - Christmas, 1997.

I moved back to Syracuse and bf (soon to be ex) is still living in Buffalo. Before Christmas he had some unauthorized goings on...and he was about to get dropped.

The fool comes to my house with this:

Posted Image

(this is not the exact one, it was given to my cousin)

Talking about, this light represents the love I have for you, or some mess...I tuned him out as soon as he pulled out this POS present.
WTF? I told my mom, he has issues. The lamp then became known as "The Issue Lamp." We made fun of it (on video tape) and then I gave it to my cousin...who knows what he did with it, LOL I think my mom still has the video tape, 'cause she keeps everything.

I cannot even begin to tell you how mad I was when he pulled out this foolywang material...

#6 Caminator

Caminator
  • Members
  • 129 posts

Posted 08 November 2007 - 05:48 PM

Mine too was a refurbished vacuum cleaner...

We had a great year and went a little overboard on presents for everyone - so I'm expecting something extra special... instead I get the vacuum cleaner. With hardwood floors - not one carpeted floor in the place. DH said he got it because he knew we were going to get carpeting at some point. What an idiot (and yes we are still married).

So for his birthday I got him a toaster - only seemed fair.

#7 ihatecras

ihatecras
  • Members
  • 1,412 posts

Posted 08 November 2007 - 07:24 PM

The ex decided my christmas present would be a day to tell me he had made a mistake during our relationship. He told me he had a girl knocked and she was seven months pregnant. He thought it would be a great day to tell me since I was so happy on Christmas. That was eleven years ago and I still remember being in shock that he actually thought I be okay with it and remain his girlfriend. What an idiot.

#8 mom2natebug

mom2natebug
  • Members
  • 84 posts

Posted 08 November 2007 - 07:49 PM

An ex (it's always the ex's, isn't it?) of mine had his family coming into town for Christmas one year, and they didn't know we were living together.
For almost 3 years. :P I had no clue as I never really spoke with them.

Anyway, he wasn't about to tell them, so rather than be a man and just come clean (we were 23 after all) he decided to have me pack up my stuff that couldn't be hidden in a closet, and take it with me to a local hotel. And the entire 3 days they were around I stayed there with my stuff like an idiot. He did come and visit me every chance he wasn't around them and would order me takeout stuff every night.

And when they left, he had the audacity to tell me that THAT was my present: the hotel stay, or the "mini vacation" as he called it. :D

#9 nevermore

nevermore
  • Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 08 November 2007 - 08:42 PM

Well one year my MIL gave me a small electric heater. I had no use for it and never even opened the box. DH and took it with us to a local auction barn. Well when it came up for auction we opened the box and instead of a heater it had a nightgown and a candle in it. Everyone laughed their arses off at us. But we went ahead and auctioned off the night gown and candle.

Bless her heart........ my MIL has gifted me with some real doozies.......... lil old lady house coats, a polyester, you might be a redneck if, welcome mat with running wolves on it, and suave body wash (not gift set just the body wash... at least that one was actually useful).

Edited by nevermore, 08 November 2007 - 08:59 PM.

#10 Cushie

Cushie
  • Members
  • 1,866 posts

Posted 09 November 2007 - 06:28 PM

Please. You all don't have a chance.

My grandma, bless her email forwarding soul, makes gifts. Last Christmas I got a set of three fly swatters, arranged in a bouqet and tied with ribbon. The very best part, though, was that she created covers for my fly swatters. One says "Bug Off", the other says "Splat!" and the last says "Gotcha."

If I still have one around I'll post a picture.

#11 Neen

Neen

Mrs. Post

• Members
  • 3,189 posts

Posted 09 November 2007 - 07:49 PM

Please. You all don't have a chance.

My grandma, bless her email forwarding soul, makes gifts. Last Christmas I got a set of three fly swatters, arranged in a bouqet and tied with ribbon. The very best part, though, was that she created covers for my fly swatters. One says "Bug Off", the other says "Splat!" and the last says "Gotcha."

If I still have one around I'll post a picture.

Oh. My. God.

I love her.

#12 pryan67

pryan67

Mikey, the Life cereal kid

• Mod Squad
  • 49,118 posts

Posted 10 November 2007 - 05:33 PM

although I'm not eligible, I'm gonna share this one

one year, I had gotten dear Ex a set of emerald jewelry...earrings, bracelet, ring, pendant...

for fun I wrapped it up in an iron box (ya know...those things you use for getting wrinkles out of clothes)

so...she opens it...and says "Oh, you'd better open your present now"

handed me a box....

it was a REAL iron....

I laughed and said maybe she should open the box itself....

#13 TxQuiltGirl

TxQuiltGirl
  • Members
  • 6,908 posts

Posted 11 November 2007 - 01:21 PM

Okay ... this is the worst Christmas present I ever received.

The last year that my ex and I were together (it really is always the ex, isn't it??), we had actually decided to split up in November but we agreed to wait till January so it wouldn't ruin the kids' holidays. So you can imagine my surprise when two presents showed up under the tree from my ex to me. Now, to set the stage a little, we had been married eight years at this time. In those eight years, he had never really given me much in the way of presents. Once, he gave me a handmade card he had commissioned, and another time, a handmade wallet. But in eight years, nothing else. So I really was surprised.

We always did Christmas Eve at my parents' house and then Christmas at our house. After getting home on Christmas Eve and putting the kids to bed, he brings me these two gifts. One is a large box and one is a small one. He says, "Here, I want you to have these tonight, because I don't want to miss your reaction in the morning with the kids being excited and all." He instructed me to open the small box first.

I was sitting there wondering if he's having second thoughts, because the box was a ring box. But when I opened it, it was completely empty. Even the little cushion that holds the ring was gone. I look at him and he hands me the big box and tells me to open it. So I do. Inside this box is a single dollar bill. Nothing else, just the dollar bill.

So I ask him, "What does this mean??" He said, "The small box signifies the love I've had for you over the last eight years - none. The dollar bill represents the amount of money you'll get from me in the divorce - it'll be a little, but not nearly enough in your opinion." I'm sitting there with my mouth hanging open ... and then he REALLY hit me.

He leaned over, kissed my cheek and whispered into my ear, "You might want to make an appointment with the doctor to be checked for any ... ummmm ... shall we say ... social diseases!"

:o

(Fortunately, he was yanking my chain on that last, but STILL! DAYUM!!!!)

#14 sunshine76

sunshine76
  • Members
  • 610 posts

Posted 11 November 2007 - 02:22 PM

Great Grandma gave me homemade blue and white crotched ear muffs.

#15 pryan67

pryan67

Mikey, the Life cereal kid

• Mod Squad
  • 49,118 posts

Posted 11 November 2007 - 05:41 PM

The last year that my ex and I were together (it really is always the ex, isn't it??), we had actually decided to split up in November but we agreed to wait till January so it wouldn't ruin the kids' holidays. So you can imagine my surprise when two presents showed up under the tree from my ex to me. Now, to set the stage a little, we had been married eight years at this time. In those eight years, he had never really given me much in the way of presents. Once, he gave me a handmade card he had commissioned, and another time, a handmade wallet. But in eight years, nothing else. So I really was surprised.

We always did Christmas Eve at my parents' house and then Christmas at our house. After getting home on Christmas Eve and putting the kids to bed, he brings me these two gifts. One is a large box and one is a small one. He says, "Here, I want you to have these tonight, because I don't want to miss your reaction in the morning with the kids being excited and all." He instructed me to open the small box first.

I was sitting there wondering if he's having second thoughts, because the box was a ring box. But when I opened it, it was completely empty. Even the little cushion that holds the ring was gone. I look at him and he hands me the big box and tells me to open it. So I do. Inside this box is a single dollar bill. Nothing else, just the dollar bill.

So I ask him, "What does this mean??" He said, "The small box signifies the love I've had for you over the last eight years - none. The dollar bill represents the amount of money you'll get from me in the divorce - it'll be a little, but not nearly enough in your opinion." I'm sitting there with my mouth hanging open ... and then he REALLY hit me.

He leaned over, kissed my cheek and whispered into my ear, "You might want to make an appointment with the doctor to be checked for any ... ummmm ... shall we say ... social diseases!"

:rolleyes:

and he's still breathing?

#16 CactusWill

CactusWill

The Prickly One

• Banned
  • 3,210 posts

Posted 11 November 2007 - 06:38 PM

:swoon:

What? :clapping: Thats a true story?

#17 VibrantEcho

VibrantEcho

Officially Jealous

• Members
  • 1,080 posts

Posted 12 November 2007 - 08:35 AM

Okay, grandma's secondhand sheets and DFIL's enormous scissors don't hold a candle to quilty's entry. :good:

I'm still going to ask for worst gift points, tho, because both of mine were given with total sincerity.

#18 loch_ness

loch_ness
  • Members
  • 303 posts

Posted 13 November 2007 - 04:01 PM

The worst gifts I've ever gotten are those that are "have-to" gifts. You know, someone who doesn't really like or know you, but they feel they have to give you a gift? I'm not saying that these gifts are bad, but there's no thought behind them. Like MIL one year gave me a track suit and tennis shoes. If she even knew one thing about me it's that I do not ever wear clothes like that - ever. My sisters do this too. They always give me (we're step sisters and not close) those cheap bath soap/lotion pre-made Walmart baskets. I wish they would just save their money. I don't buy them anything because we never talk and I have no idea what they would like.

Gifts like these are insulting to me. I would much rather receive custom-made fly swatter covers :grin:

#19 TxQuiltGirl

TxQuiltGirl
  • Members
  • 6,908 posts

Posted 13 November 2007 - 11:21 PM

:o

What? :lol: Thats a true story?

:huh:

Completely true. You can't make that kind of thing up.

#20 Erica

Erica
  • Members
  • 875 posts

Posted 25 November 2007 - 03:47 PM

My ex mother in law gave me Victorias Secret Lingerie at Christmas. It was the first time I met the family, too. Nice....
Then another instance, different ex, his mother got me a purse shaped like a bustier. Also nice.

Both items creeped me out.

Posted Image

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© Copyright 2003 - 2013 Creditboards.com. All rights reserved. No portion of this site may be reproduced without explicit permission from the owners. The content of creditboards.com is subject solely to the personal whim of its admins. We reserve the right, at our sole discretion, to remove any and all posts or comments, at any time, for any reason which takes our entirely capricious fancy, or for no particular reason whatsoever, without restriction. Comments or questions regarding the site may be addressed to admin@creditboards.com.