Welcome to CreditBoards!

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to CreditBoards! Like most online communities, you must register to post in our community, but don't worry - this is a simple process requiring minimal information for you to sign up. Be a part of CreditBoards by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Read These Items!

• If you're getting an Authentication mismatch error: Clear your cache. Log out of CB. Delete your cookie. Close your browser. Open your browser and log back in.

Photo

Juniper CC gives you a TransRisk score

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#1 De

De
  • Members
  • 1,632 posts

Posted 11 July 2007 - 10:03 AM

Just noticed it yesterday when I went online to my CC statement. They had what they call a TransRisk score (from TransUnion). They said they will give you one from time to time if you have a balance or have made a payment. Mine was dated June 25--so I don't know how often it will update. Mine was 6l5 (higher than my Equifax FICO of 556 back in March.

I know its FAKO, but they also had some tips on there to help you raise your score like:

Not enough CL on CCs
Too many inquiries
Pasts delinquent accounts
CCs not open long enough since past delinquencies

I thought it was kind of neat, and I hadn't seen it mentioned on here before. Another perk is Juniper is 0% for the time being

#2 squirrelgirl

squirrelgirl

CB Queen of Understatement

• Members
  • 22,296 posts

Posted 11 July 2007 - 10:12 AM

They started offering that about a year ago. You have to have activity on the card every 60 days in order for the score to show, not available on all cards.

Score is a total JOKE.

#3 scrapbkn

scrapbkn
  • Members
  • 63 posts

Posted 11 July 2007 - 10:43 AM

My TransRisk score = 529
My Transunion FICO = 658

I hope to heaven Juniper doesn't go by the TransRisk score!

#4 CactusWill

CactusWill

The Prickly One

• Banned
  • 3,210 posts

Posted 11 July 2007 - 11:57 AM

My TransRisk score = 529
My Transunion FICO = 658

It would explain ALOT.

#5 BrighterDays

BrighterDays
  • Members
  • 1,091 posts

Posted 11 July 2007 - 12:18 PM

My TransRisk score = 529
My Transunion FICO = 658

Mine is even better!

TransRisk score: 494
TU FICO: 679

:blink:

#6 nwflash

nwflash
  • Members
  • 150 posts

Posted 11 July 2007 - 12:21 PM

Is that a fake FAKO? lol.

#7 De

De
  • Members
  • 1,632 posts

Posted 12 July 2007 - 01:42 PM

So does it always run lower than the actual TRANSUNION Fico? That's encouraging if my transcore was 6l6-Hahah.

When you order your CRA reports--isn't Equifax the only one that gives you a true FICO? Am I correct in assuming this score Juniper gives you would be the same one you would get if you ordered their score with a TransUnion CR??

#8 goldtrad

goldtrad
  • Members
  • 4,405 posts

Posted 12 July 2007 - 01:44 PM

So does it always run lower than the actual TRANSUNION Fico? That's encouraging if my transcore was 6l6-Hahah.

When you order your CRA reports--isn't Equifax the only one that gives you a true FICO? Am I correct in assuming this score Juniper gives you would be the same one you would get if you ordered their score with a TransUnion CR??

No that's a Fako. For TU FICO score you need to order from FICO or www.transunioncs.com

#9 Huligan

Huligan
  • Members
  • 542 posts

Posted 12 July 2007 - 02:20 PM

Your Trans Risk Score is : 669 as of Jul 11,2007
TU FICO 705!

I think they are smoking crack!

#10 b854th

b854th
  • Members
  • 355 posts

Posted 12 July 2007 - 02:24 PM

Transrisk = 594
FICO = 685

#11 countkim

countkim
  • Members
  • 304 posts

Posted 12 July 2007 - 02:37 PM

Maybe it's their own internal risk assessment. Now I'm curious as to what mine is, because I'm still surprised at my approval/CL. I'm guessing mine won't show until one month, plus activity, has passed?

#12 stefer1215

stefer1215
  • Members
  • 2,372 posts

Posted 12 July 2007 - 03:32 PM

My TransRisk score = 529
My Transunion FICO = 658

It would explain ALOT.

That would explain why they refuse to give me a CLI or another card.

#13 stefer1215

stefer1215
  • Members
  • 2,372 posts

Posted 12 July 2007 - 03:34 PM

Mine is 110 pts or so lower than my actual FICO score. It isn't even the same as my TC FAKO score :blink:

#14 cappyzeb

cappyzeb
  • Members
  • 1,151 posts

Posted 12 July 2007 - 04:09 PM

Juniper is using the FAKO transrisk score for credit decisions? That would be odd. But it would explain some of their quirkiness.

#15 squirrelgirl

squirrelgirl

CB Queen of Understatement

• Members
  • 22,296 posts

Posted 12 July 2007 - 04:12 PM

Mine is within 20 pts... keep in mind that the Juny score goes up to 900 though :angel:

#16 blargolis

blargolis
  • Members
  • 856 posts

Posted 12 July 2007 - 04:19 PM

I think I have you all beat:

On June 6th:

TU FICO Score = 735
TU TrueCredit FAKO = 710
TU TransRisk Score = 616 (-119 pts)

I saw the "Transrisk" score drop suddenly and fed the beast the same day to make sure something had gone wrong.

#17 peter4lisa

peter4lisa
  • Members
  • 355 posts

Posted 12 July 2007 - 05:44 PM

Transunion FICO 653
Transrisk score 618
Truecredit TU 623
07/12/07

Edited by peter4lisa, 12 July 2007 - 05:45 PM.

#18 Revike

Revike
  • Members
  • 1,347 posts

Posted 12 July 2007 - 05:54 PM

I doubt that Juniper is using anything other than a FICO score for approvals.

It's just that everyone now thinks they need to copy everyone else and offer a score-tracking service or ID theft product or CR product, and I'm sure offering FAKOs is much cheaper than offering FICOs. AFAIK, the only bank or CU offering any type of FICO score to their customers is WaMu.

#19 TomfromNE

TomfromNE
  • Members
  • 413 posts

Posted 12 July 2007 - 06:31 PM

They have been giving this score for a while.

It is a FAKO.

Mine tends to run about 50-70 points less than my TU FICO score from myfico.com.

It is a nice toy score and one of the few 'benefits' to having the junny card since other than the score and the age of the acct I would close them and I still may close them anyways.

They also have another tab for your credit profile. Check it out.

#20 toopooor

toopooor
  • Members
  • 14,971 posts

Posted 12 July 2007 - 07:08 PM

I think I have you all beat:

On June 6th:

TU FICO Score = 735
TU TrueCredit FAKO = 710
TU TransRisk Score = 616 (-119 pts)

I saw the "Transrisk" score drop suddenly and fed the beast the same day to make sure something had gone wrong.

this must be what myprivacymatters uses. my score there was like 585... now 550 or so (after a big furniture purchase reported). Fako is 650 or so, fico unknown, but probably in the same neighborhood.

#21 De

De
  • Members
  • 1,632 posts

Posted 12 July 2007 - 07:26 PM

Well, I guess I'm about a year away from house shopping and needing to be FCO-ready, but I am a little pleased to see the TransRisk score at 6l6 and you guys saying your true FICO average 20-50 pints higher...and I think someone's was 80 or 90 points higher. I think it will be just something fun to check out.

I've been pleased with Juni--I only have a 500CL, but it is 0% APR on transfers/purchases, etc. for 6 months. I used it last month in lieu of debit card and plan to pay off next month. I wanted to go ahead and have a balance on my CR since this is my first usage.

#22 jjsmith

jjsmith
  • Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 29 August 2007 - 06:42 PM

I think I have the lot of you beat. I have a Transrisk score of 320 (just bumped up from 260 or something like that) and a Transunion score of 670. The funniest thing is they recently gave me a $2000 credit increase.

#23 JayLo

JayLo
  • Newbies
  • 1 posts

Posted 13 September 2009 - 05:57 PM

The TransRisk score is all bogus! They are telling me that my score is 592, I checked the other 3 agencies and my FICO score is way above what Juniper tells me...an average of 658

They should be prosecuted for their action and lying.

#24 hegemony

hegemony

Area Man

• Members
  • 67,583 posts

Posted 13 September 2009 - 06:05 PM

The TransRisk score is all bogus! They are telling me that my score is 592, I checked the other 3 agencies and my FICO score is way above what Juniper tells me...an average of 658

They should be prosecuted for their action and lying.

they are no lying.

FAKOs are just that, FAKE.

should the weather man be prosecuted for not predicting rain? :)

by the way, how do you know your experian FICO score????

Edited by hegemony, 13 September 2009 - 06:10 PM.

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© Copyright 2003 - 2013 Creditboards.com. All rights reserved. No portion of this site may be reproduced without explicit permission from the owners. The content of creditboards.com is subject solely to the personal whim of its admins. We reserve the right, at our sole discretion, to remove any and all posts or comments, at any time, for any reason which takes our entirely capricious fancy, or for no particular reason whatsoever, without restriction. Comments or questions regarding the site may be addressed to admin@creditboards.com.