Welcome to CreditBoards!

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to CreditBoards! Like most online communities, you must register to post in our community, but don't worry - this is a simple process requiring minimal information for you to sign up. Be a part of CreditBoards by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Read These Items!

• If you're getting an Authentication mismatch error: Clear your cache. Log out of CB. Delete your cookie. Close your browser. Open your browser and log back in.

Photo

REPORTING MERCHANT VIOLATIONS

• Please log in to reply
130 replies to this topic

#26 thelowpriceleader

thelowpriceleader
  • Members
  • 559 posts

Posted 30 December 2007 - 02:46 AM

What is ttt?

#27 Chicnltn

Chicnltn
  • Members
  • 183 posts

Posted 30 December 2007 - 03:48 PM

to the top :lol:

#28 Continental

Continental
  • Members
  • 1,245 posts

Posted 02 January 2008 - 05:26 AM

ttt :)

#29 Continental

Continental
  • Members
  • 1,245 posts

Posted 03 January 2008 - 06:01 AM

ttt :)

#30 VPofCredit

VPofCredit
  • Members
  • 303 posts

Posted 03 January 2008 - 07:06 AM

My brother is an federal judge and we have had several long deep conversations regarding this matter.... He says, that since VISA AND MASTERCARD makes the policy and Advertises these policies, it is their job to enforce them. If you complain and they fail to take steps to correct the problem, they can be suited, most like a class action... for example.. soppose i grab my visa card and rush to the pharmacy to get some heart medication, because im deadly ill, and the pharmacy refuses to sale me the medication, because i didnt bring my id with me... and i previously complained about this very same merchant, and allowed enough time for VISA/MASTER TO investigate and take action. And I die.... or get very ill, due to the fact that i didnt have my medication. VISA AND MASTER CAN BE LIABLE.

my brother told me some similar cases. I would have to prove of course that, VISA AND MASTER failed to communicate with the merchant warning them, etc... and thats easy, just by having a court order the release documents from the merchant....

alot of legal stuff, but i get the point

#31 BBQ123

BBQ123
  • Members
  • 5,413 posts

Posted 03 January 2008 - 08:49 AM

My brother is an federal judge and we have had several long deep conversations regarding this matter.... He says, that since VISA AND MASTERCARD makes the policy and Advertises these policies, it is their job to enforce them. If you complain and they fail to take steps to correct the problem, they can be suited, most like a class action... for example.. soppose i grab my visa card and rush to the pharmacy to get some heart medication, because im deadly ill, and the pharmacy refuses to sale me the medication, because i didnt bring my id with me... and i previously complained about this very same merchant, and allowed enough time for VISA/MASTER TO investigate and take action. And I die.... or get very ill, due to the fact that i didnt have my medication. VISA AND MASTER CAN BE LIABLE.

my brother told me some similar cases. I would have to prove of course that, VISA AND MASTER failed to communicate with the merchant warning them, etc... and thats easy, just by having a court order the release documents from the merchant....

The merchant could be held liable too. I think a jury would see something wrong when the clerk withheld life-saving medicine because someone forgot their ID.

#32 Uncle Leo

Uncle Leo
  • Bloggers
  • 8,701 posts

Posted 03 January 2008 - 10:43 AM

The merchant could be held liable too. I think a jury would see something wrong when the clerk withheld life-saving medicine because someone forgot their ID.

I could also see the pharmacy claiming... "We didn't know who this person was. We could have been giving someone else life threatening medicine.".

#33 BBQ123

BBQ123
  • Members
  • 5,413 posts

Posted 03 January 2008 - 12:17 PM

I could also see the pharmacy claiming... "We didn't know who this person was. We could have been giving someone else life threatening medicine.".

I go to the pharmacy to get prescriptions... I have NEVER been asked for ID.

Also if the are IDing for the medicine, they would ID *CASH* customers too... just like how stuff with psuphedrine you need to show ID and be age 18+ ... they ID you if you pay cash.

Edited by BBQ123, 03 January 2008 - 12:18 PM.

#34 Uncle Leo

Uncle Leo
  • Bloggers
  • 8,701 posts

Posted 03 January 2008 - 12:31 PM

I go to the pharmacy to get prescriptions... I have NEVER been asked for ID.

Good. I have. Not often, but it's happened.

Also if the are IDing for the medicine, they would ID *CASH* customers too... just like how stuff with psuphedrine you need to show ID and be age 18+ ... they ID you if you pay cash.

Duh! The point was that they might use 'safety' as an excuse to avoid any blame, regardless if it were true or not.

#35 hlburi

hlburi

Colonel Mustard

• Members
  • 3,139 posts

Posted 03 January 2008 - 01:46 PM

I've had friends/relatives pick up prescriptions for me before because I was too sick to go and get them myself. I think this is probably a fairly common practice so I doubt very highly the pharmacy would say much about it.

For the record, I did give the person who was picking up the scripts my health insurance card so they had that at least.

#36 Continental

Continental
  • Members
  • 1,245 posts

Posted 04 January 2008 - 06:07 AM

ttt

#37 Continental

Continental
  • Members
  • 1,245 posts

Posted 15 January 2008 - 05:29 AM

ttt

#38 Continental

Continental
  • Members
  • 1,245 posts

Posted 28 January 2008 - 05:08 AM

ttt

#39 Continental

Continental
  • Members
  • 1,245 posts

Posted 05 February 2008 - 03:56 AM

ttt

#40 Continental

Continental
  • Members
  • 1,245 posts

Posted 11 February 2008 - 03:56 AM

ttt

#41 Continental

Continental
  • Members
  • 1,245 posts

Posted 25 February 2008 - 04:37 AM

ttt

#42 Continental

Continental
  • Members
  • 1,245 posts

Posted 08 March 2008 - 04:48 AM

ttt

#43 Continental

Continental
  • Members
  • 1,245 posts

Posted 17 March 2008 - 04:31 AM

ttt

#44 Continental

Continental
  • Members
  • 1,245 posts

Posted 03 April 2008 - 04:48 AM

ttt

#45 Continental

Continental
  • Members
  • 1,245 posts

Posted 13 April 2008 - 04:40 AM

ttt

#46 Continental

Continental
  • Members
  • 1,245 posts

Posted 26 April 2008 - 03:54 AM

ttt

#47 Redhack

Redhack
  • Members
  • 136 posts

Posted 01 May 2008 - 11:11 AM

what happens if you present a signed card and the cashier asks for ID because the signature on the receipt does not match the signature on the card?

#48 Lucky225

Lucky225
  • Members
  • 34 posts

Posted 04 May 2008 - 01:54 PM

I was almost arrested for not showing ID with my signed card at IHOP:

http://consumerist.c...it-card?cpage=3

#49 sharksfan

sharksfan
  • Members
  • 141 posts

Posted 13 May 2008 - 03:30 PM

Does anyone have a copy of the Visa violation form? I ran into two merchants yesterday that required minimums!

#50 Continental

Continental
  • Members
  • 1,245 posts

Posted 14 May 2008 - 04:22 AM

In addition to VISA/MC, be sure to report minimum purchase violations to CAMP as well:

http://citizensagain...om/reports.html

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© Copyright 2003 - 2013 Creditboards.com. All rights reserved. No portion of this site may be reproduced without explicit permission from the owners. The content of creditboards.com is subject solely to the personal whim of its admins. We reserve the right, at our sole discretion, to remove any and all posts or comments, at any time, for any reason which takes our entirely capricious fancy, or for no particular reason whatsoever, without restriction. Comments or questions regarding the site may be addressed to admin@creditboards.com.