Welcome to CreditBoards!

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to CreditBoards! Like most online communities, you must register to post in our community, but don't worry - this is a simple process requiring minimal information for you to sign up. Be a part of CreditBoards by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Read These Items!

• If you're getting an Authentication mismatch error: Clear your cache. Log out of CB. Delete your cookie. Close your browser. Open your browser and log back in.

Photo

Why the words "Thanks CB" can never really express the true meaning

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 da47chief

da47chief
  • Members
  • 294 posts

Posted 11 June 2007 - 12:31 PM

Hello All,

I think I should just say thank you.

I came to CB about two years ago, my scores in the upper 400's, my morale and self esteem were lower than that. Ironically I got here courtesy of the Dave Ramsey website. I had a crappy car and was staying with a friend (rent free), I had a new job with great pay (for me), but I had more debts and collections than I could bear. :grin:
Since I got to CB I managed to get my scores above the 650's, I have two vehicles, I got rid of all but one bad debt. I settled on 4 bad accounts saving about 12K in the process. I got out of the sub-prime realm. I have an AMEX, a Juniper Visa and Mastercard, one store card, and a gas card. Grouped altogether, they total about $17,000 available credit. Not as much as some people on here, but well enough for me. I am not looking for every card I can get, I got exactly the cards I wanted. And the clincher was last week when I finally closed on my first home, I got a really good deal on a brand new home. :D

I cannot thank all the people on here enough!!! You guys are the greatest!! The amount of information and its value is so vast and powerful that it may never be truly appreciated until individual goals/milestones are achieved. Which is why I am saying thank you again!!! :blush2:

I was a bit hesitant at first, I didn't like being told to go out and read or search for the answers to my questions. I wanted to fix everything then and there, I wanted someone to show me how to do it. I am so grateful that no one did!!! Since I had to research just about everything and read, again and again, I learned!!!! I kept on learning and I still am. This was not an easy road to travel and I did experience a lot of failures and plenty of rejections (PFD's are a quick way to learn about rejection). :good:

To all the newbies, READ!!!! and then read some more, you'll either learn or the seven year reporting period will end!!! :grin:

da chief

#2 squirrelgirl

squirrelgirl

CB Queen of Understatement

• Members
  • 22,296 posts

Posted 11 June 2007 - 12:48 PM

Hello All,

I came to CB about two years ago, my scores in the upper 400's, my morale and self esteem were lower than that. Ironically I got here courtesy of the Dave Ramsey website. I had a crappy car and was staying with a friend (rent free), I had a new job with great pay (for me), but I had more debts and collections than I could bear. :(
Since I got to CB I managed to get my scores above the 650's, I have two vehicles, I got rid of all but one bad debt. I settled on 4 bad accounts saving about 12K in the process. I got out of the sub-prime realm. I have an AMEX, a Juniper Visa and Mastercard, one store card, and a gas card. Grouped altogether, they total about $17,000 available credit. Not as much as some people on here, but well enough for me. I am not looking for every card I can get, I got exactly the cards I wanted. And the clincher was last week when I finally closed on my first home, I got a really good deal on a brand new home. :D

I cannot thank all the people on here enough!!! You guys are the greatest!! The amount of information and its value is so vast and powerful that it may never be truly appreciated until individual goals/milestones are achieved. Which is why I am saying thank you again!!! :cry2:

I was a bit hesitant at first, I didn't like being told to go out and read or search for the answers to my questions. I wanted to fix everything then and there, I wanted someone to show me how to do it. I am so grateful that no one did!!! Since I had to research just about everything and read, again and again, I learned!!!! I kept on learning and I still am. This was not an easy road to travel and I did experience a lot of failures and plenty of rejections (PFD's are a quick way to learn about rejection). :rofl:

To all the newbies, READ!!!! and then read some more, you'll either learn or the seven year reporting period will end!!! :rofl:

da chief

:rofl:

Glad to hear things are looking up for you!! Keep up the great work - get that last baddie off!!!

SG

#3 haybreez02

haybreez02
  • Members
  • 1,361 posts

Posted 11 June 2007 - 01:42 PM

Congrats! Thanks for sharing your sucess story! Everytime I feel like giving up a new story shows up on here and it makes me work that much harder.

#4 slow_but_eventual

slow_but_eventual
  • Members
  • 938 posts

Posted 11 June 2007 - 04:45 PM

Serious Congratulations to you ~ I'm learning it is SUCH a LONG road, not just hard and time-consuming, but LONNNNG. 2 Years is what I'm looking for also... and I TOTALLY agree, "thanks cb" just barely touches the surface as we hope and struggle and work and learn together, separately together LOL.

It's great to read that you're content with your cards & HUGE congratulations on your new home, too of course!!!! :dntknw:

Big smiles to you,
Slow

#5 Jen23514

Jen23514
  • Members
  • 12,565 posts

Posted 11 June 2007 - 04:56 PM

Hello All,

I came to CB about two years ago, my scores in the upper 400's, my morale and self esteem were lower than that. Ironically I got here courtesy of the Dave Ramsey website. I had a crappy car and was staying with a friend (rent free), I had a new job with great pay (for me), but I had more debts and collections than I could bear. :(

I cannot thank all the people on here enough!!! You guys are the greatest!! The amount of information and its value is so vast and powerful that it may never be truly appreciated until individual goals/milestones are achieved. Which is why I am saying thank you again!!! :(

I was a bit hesitant at first, I didn't like being told to go out and read or search for the answers to my questions. I wanted to fix everything then and there, I wanted someone to show me how to do it. I am so grateful that no one did!!! Since I had to research just about everything and read, again and again, I learned!!!! I kept on learning and I still am. This was not an easy road to travel and I did experience a lot of failures and plenty of rejections (PFD's are a quick way to learn about rejection). :grin:

To all the newbies, READ!!!! and then read some more, you'll either learn or the seven year reporting period will end!!! :grin:

da chief

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

CONGRATS!!!!!!

#6 Curious

Curious
  • Members
  • 11,333 posts

Posted 11 June 2007 - 09:23 PM

Congrats! You should be proud of your accomplishments.

#7 Zxephyr

Zxephyr
  • Members
  • 225 posts

Posted 11 June 2007 - 09:26 PM

Congrats! :glare:

#8 stefer1215

stefer1215
  • Members
  • 2,372 posts

Posted 11 June 2007 - 09:28 PM

Congrats on your success :glare:

#9 MarvBear

MarvBear

Velvet Hammer

• Admin
  • 47,734 posts

Posted 11 June 2007 - 09:30 PM

congrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrats

#10 xtravgnt

xtravgnt
  • Members
  • 470 posts

Posted 11 June 2007 - 09:33 PM

Congrats and I couldn't agree more this board is filled with a wealth of knowledge. Before finding it I would have never known how to DV, dispute items on my CRA, what card to apply for, the meaning of utilization and the list goes on.
I'm still in the struglle especially with the latest CA after me, but at leat I know with the help of these boards I can fight back :glare:

#11 LKH

LKH

Site Owner

• Admin
  • 23,777 posts

Posted 11 June 2007 - 09:51 PM

Hello All,

I cannot thank all the people on here enough!!! You guys are the greatest!! The amount of information and its value is so vast and powerful that it may never be truly appreciated until individual goals/milestones are achieved. Which is why I am saying thank you again!!! :clapping:

I was a bit hesitant at first, I didn't like being told to go out and read or search for the answers to my questions. I wanted to fix everything then and there, I wanted someone to show me how to do it. I am so grateful that no one did!!! Since I had to research just about everything and read, again and again, I learned!!!! I kept on learning and I still am. This was not an easy road to travel and I did experience a lot of failures and plenty of rejections (PFD's are a quick way to learn about rejection). :angry:

To all the newbies, READ!!!! and then read some more, you'll either learn or the seven year reporting period will end!!! :rofl:

da chief

Congrats on all of your accomplishments!! You should be very proud of yourself. I think this post qualifies for the success stories thread.

#12 searpr

searpr
  • Members
  • 503 posts

Posted 11 June 2007 - 10:39 PM

Congrats! I know EXACTLY what you mean. Through the power of CB, I've had all kinds of great things happen for me. This is one of the best examples on the internet of people working together to help each other.

#13 da47chief

da47chief
  • Members
  • 294 posts

Posted 12 June 2007 - 11:46 AM

Thanks everyone for the replies and I hope to stay on here and continue to learn as well as give helpful advise.

da chief

#14 nylady

nylady
  • Newbies
  • 8 posts

Posted 21 June 2007 - 06:41 PM

Thanks everyone for the replies and I hope to stay on here and continue to learn as well as give helpful advise.

da chief

Hello

Congrats on your success.

Can you tell me which CRA Juniper used ?

Thanks

nylady

#15 Alabama

Alabama
  • Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 28 July 2011 - 02:29 PM

Congratulations and thank you for this great success story. Very encouraging to this newbie.

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© Copyright 2003 - 2013 Creditboards.com. All rights reserved. No portion of this site may be reproduced without explicit permission from the owners. The content of creditboards.com is subject solely to the personal whim of its admins. We reserve the right, at our sole discretion, to remove any and all posts or comments, at any time, for any reason which takes our entirely capricious fancy, or for no particular reason whatsoever, without restriction. Comments or questions regarding the site may be addressed to admin@creditboards.com.