Welcome to CreditBoards!

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to CreditBoards! Like most online communities, you must register to post in our community, but don't worry - this is a simple process requiring minimal information for you to sign up. Be a part of CreditBoards by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Read These Items!

• If you're getting an Authentication mismatch error: Clear your cache. Log out of CB. Delete your cookie. Close your browser. Open your browser and log back in.

Photo

Texas law seems to require CA to Delete if They fail to Respond to DV

• Please log in to reply
958 replies to this topic

#51 WICKEDACE

WICKEDACE
  • Members
  • 110 posts

Posted 15 March 2007 - 04:59 PM

omw can someone type up a sample or put it in the letters section on this please. I live in Texas and could really use this letter. I have so many things that are "supposed" to fall off by July, and well.... I have ants in my pants and don't want to wait. Am I a fool?

#52 chriswufgator

chriswufgator
  • Members
  • 2,787 posts

Posted 15 March 2007 - 05:26 PM

:grin: chriswufgator !! We actually agree on something !! LOL , yep its the bastards at CMI that I was referring to :aggressive: , they dropped of EX with nary a peep a bit ago , then came roaring back with a vengence a couple weeks ago and replaced the original TL and added a NEW one , with like 3 x's the total claimed owed then the first one did . Gonna write up my DV , quoting TX Statutes this weekend and mail it out , sounds like invoking DTPA just may be enough to send them packing for good ( fingers crossed ).

Yeah, CMI freaking SUCKS....I have my own nickname made up for them, based on the "C.M.I." acronym hehe...

This TFC stuff is great information though, I plan on using it to my full advantage.

#53 LadyKnR

LadyKnR
  • Members
  • 675 posts

Posted 15 March 2007 - 05:29 PM

I need Cliff Notes on Texas Law. :aggressive:

Paragon Way Inc. is located in Austin, TX, they are nasty little buggers, and I'd be more than happy to include some fun Texas information in my DV2 (to go along with the fact that they are violating my C&D request). When it comes to quoting laws and statues, though, I tend to get confuzzled, I admit. If anyone did plan to type up some kind of "Texas DV" letter, I'd love a linkie. I'm trying to print the parts of this thread that I think may apply to my situation, but it's quite the mishmash of info that I am trying to smush together.

Edited by LadyKnR, 15 March 2007 - 05:30 PM.

#54 Zowie

Zowie
  • Members
  • 588 posts

Posted 15 March 2007 - 05:40 PM

I would like to see a sample letter also. This is very interesting but confusing also.

#55 WICKEDACE

WICKEDACE
  • Members
  • 110 posts

Posted 15 March 2007 - 05:44 PM

Paragon Way, and West Asset can go take a flying leap!!! They drive me nuts. :aggressive:

#56 walterg55

walterg55
  • Members
  • 2,589 posts

Posted 15 March 2007 - 06:49 PM

:clapping: I don't want to sound like a hard ass here but probably will anyway (just the former Marine in me I guess) but some of you want it all handed to you with NO work. I spent a lot of time doing my my homework before I posted and others here were kind enough to add additional information. You don't need to be spoon fed a sample letter the roadmap you were provided here along with a little google time will get it done.

#57 Trailrated92

Trailrated92
  • Members
  • 569 posts

Posted 15 March 2007 - 07:07 PM

:lol: Careful walter , some people will castigate you for being rude to the newbs / do it for me crowd ( ask me how I know ) , but I agree with ya ! Semper Fi :lol:

Edited by Trailrated92, 15 March 2007 - 07:07 PM.

#58 walterg55

walterg55
  • Members
  • 2,589 posts

Posted 15 March 2007 - 07:16 PM

:D Careful walter , some people will castigate you for being rude to the newbs / do it for me crowd ( ask me how I know ) , but I agree with ya ! Semper Fi :grin:

Those who would castigate need to talk to someone who cares :rofl:

How rusty are your threads mine; 67 to 71 Force recon uuurahh! :clapping:

With permission I can post links to Chapter 392 and Chapter 17 of the Texas code to help people MODS?

#59 WICKEDACE

WICKEDACE
  • Members
  • 110 posts

Posted 15 March 2007 - 07:35 PM

:grin: I don't want to sound like a hard ass here but probably will anyway (just the former Marine in me I guess) but some of you want it all handed to you with NO work. I spent a lot of time doing my my homework before I posted and others here were kind enough to add additional information. You don't need to be spoon fed a sample letter the roadmap you were provided here along with a little google time will get it done.

Yes, I am a newbie here and I am responding to you since I was the first one that asked for a sample letter and yes took offense to your comment. I have done my homework; I have read this forum over and over till my eyes hurt. I don’t think that I have done anything different than a lot of others that as for a sample letter or direction, hell there is a thread on sample letters. :clapping:

#60 UTDebtFree

UTDebtFree
  • Members
  • 1,333 posts

Posted 15 March 2007 - 07:58 PM

Texas is specific... I have searched and searched for Centex's sample cover letter... I want to make sure that I get this right instead of having to do this again.

I have done my research and will continue but asking for a sample or previously used letter for this situation is not a bad thing.

#61 walterg55

walterg55
  • Members
  • 2,589 posts

Posted 15 March 2007 - 08:03 PM

:search: I don't want to sound like a hard ass here but probably will anyway (just the former Marine in me I guess) but some of you want it all handed to you with NO work. I spent a lot of time doing my my homework before I posted and others here were kind enough to add additional information. You don't need to be spoon fed a sample letter the roadmap you were provided here along with a little google time will get it done.

Yes, I am a newbie here and I am responding to you since I was the first one that asked for a sample letter and yes took offense to your comment. I have done my homework; I have read this forum over and over till my eyes hurt. I don’t think that I have done anything different than a lot of others that as for a sample letter or direction, hell there is a thread on sample letters. <_<

:D Your easily offended and just how hard is it to write a letter when given a lot of the necessary information. Take a look at how many people feel that using a form type approach letter gets your letter ignored. IMHO better to write your own letter. The CA's are dead serious and we should understand that what we do may have serious consequences that we may not end up liking. I want my own work and actions to be the cause of anything that happens good or bad.

#62 walterg55

walterg55
  • Members
  • 2,589 posts

Posted 15 March 2007 - 08:08 PM

Texas is specific... I have searched and searched for Centex's sample cover letter... I want to make sure that I get this right instead of having to do this again.

I have done my research and will continue but asking for a sample or previously used letter for this situation is not a bad thing.

I suspect Centex would have told us if he had a sample letter and I also suspect there is no sample letter for this specific a subject. Centex seemed to lay out pretty much all that was necessary. I have asked the Mods for permission to post the links for both the Chapters necessary 392 and 17. They were not hard to find and not hard to read and I plan on sharing my adventure as I go down the road to war with several CA's. <_<

#63 UTDebtFree

UTDebtFree
  • Members
  • 1,333 posts

Posted 15 March 2007 - 08:17 PM

Centex stated in a previous post that she had a sample cover letter in a paragon way thread. I have searched for that and cant find it.

Hence - why it would be nice of her to repost his sample cover letter to the underwriter again.

I have read them before just not had as clear an understanding as I needed to and this thread helped.

Edited by UTDebtFree, 15 March 2007 - 08:30 PM.

#64 UTDebtFree

UTDebtFree
  • Members
  • 1,333 posts

Posted 15 March 2007 - 08:17 PM

Duplicate post

Edited by UTDebtFree, 15 March 2007 - 08:29 PM.

#65 Lime_Jello

Lime_Jello
  • Members
  • 220 posts

Posted 15 March 2007 - 08:25 PM

Centex stated in a previous post that he had a sample cover letter in a paragon way thread. I have searched for that and cant find it.

Hence - why it would be nice of him to repost his sample cover letter to the underwriter again.

I have read them before just not had as clear an understanding as I needed to and this thread helped.

Centex is a "she" y'all. Just a friendly FYI. <_<

#66 walterg55

walterg55
  • Members
  • 2,589 posts

Posted 15 March 2007 - 08:25 PM

Centex stated in a previous post that he had a sample cover letter in a paragon way thread. I have searched for that and cant find it.

Hence - why it would be nice of him to repost his sample cover letter to the underwriter again.

Now that makes sense to me <_<

#67 walterg55

walterg55
  • Members
  • 2,589 posts

Posted 15 March 2007 - 08:31 PM

:) Here are the links for Chapter 392 and Chapter 17 for Texas Law

Chapter 392 Texas Finance Code http://www.occc.stat...code/ch392.html

Chapter 17 Texas Deceptive Trade Practices
http://tlo2.tlc.stat...0.000017.00.htm

#68 Denart

Denart
  • Members
  • 564 posts

Posted 15 March 2007 - 08:35 PM

Ms Centex, :)

Or anyone whow might havfe an opinion ofn this/
If it come to the point of sending a IYs letter would it be a good ideat to aklso send a copy to their bonding company.
I am not sure but the bonding companys address should not be difficult to find from the secretary of state.

any opinions on this...seems like it might bring a littlomore p=ressure to bear on the CA to do the " right " thing

Centex I "we" would love a dcopy of the type of lett you send. I understand we might need to adjust it to a more specific need, but a exper guid would be great to go by.

#69 walterg55

walterg55
  • Members
  • 2,589 posts

Posted 15 March 2007 - 09:50 PM

Bump for Ms. Centex (my deepest apologies for my earlier gender error) to see about sample letter some are mentioning :P

#70 variable66

variable66
  • Members
  • 62 posts

Posted 15 March 2007 - 10:48 PM

What about if the CA sells the account or returns it to the original creditor to avoid dealing with you?

#71 ambrosiapixie

ambrosiapixie
  • Members
  • 458 posts

Posted 15 March 2007 - 11:18 PM

My question is this.....

Do OC's fall under this same act in Texas or is it merely the CA's? Thanks!!

#72 centex

centex
  • Members
  • 18,370 posts

Posted 16 March 2007 - 06:32 AM

The text on the cover was in one of the recent Paragon Way threads although I am not finding it right now...it is possible that it may be something I sent via PM instead of putting in the open forum. I tend to be rather protective of my work because it is, generally speaking, something that stands out and (if they took the time to look on the boards) would pinpoint me very quickly and place someone else at risk of having to deal with the claim of having shadow counsel.

If y'all can wait until the weekend, I can sanitize the most recent version of the letter...I've got movers coming into the office today to relocate some file cabinets.

#73 UTDebtFree

UTDebtFree
  • Members
  • 1,333 posts

Posted 16 March 2007 - 06:41 AM

That would be great! I can certainly wait.

#74 Denart

Denart
  • Members
  • 564 posts

Posted 16 March 2007 - 07:31 AM

I understand, and that sounds great.

#75 walterg55

walterg55
  • Members
  • 2,589 posts

Posted 16 March 2007 - 09:02 AM

The text on the cover was in one of the recent Paragon Way threads although I am not finding it right now...it is possible that it may be something I sent via PM instead of putting in the open forum. I tend to be rather protective of my work because it is, generally speaking, something that stands out and (if they took the time to look on the boards) would pinpoint me very quickly and place someone else at risk of having to deal with the claim of having shadow counsel.

If y'all can wait until the weekend, I can sanitize the most recent version of the letter...I've got movers coming into the office today to relocate some file cabinets.

Thank you :angry:

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© Copyright 2003 - 2013 Creditboards.com. All rights reserved. No portion of this site may be reproduced without explicit permission from the owners. The content of creditboards.com is subject solely to the personal whim of its admins. We reserve the right, at our sole discretion, to remove any and all posts or comments, at any time, for any reason which takes our entirely capricious fancy, or for no particular reason whatsoever, without restriction. Comments or questions regarding the site may be addressed to admin@creditboards.com.