Welcome to CreditBoards!

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to CreditBoards! Like most online communities, you must register to post in our community, but don't worry - this is a simple process requiring minimal information for you to sign up. Be a part of CreditBoards by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Read These Items!

• If you're getting an Authentication mismatch error: Clear your cache. Log out of CB. Delete your cookie. Close your browser. Open your browser and log back in.

Photo

here is a list of banks and credit unions etc ANYONE can get regarless of location and chexsystems

• Please log in to reply
47 replies to this topic

#26 SCORPIO07

SCORPIO07
  • Members
  • 340 posts

Posted 01 February 2008 - 12:58 AM

Thanks MCA for the list wish I would have know about it a year and a half ago. I just recently got a checking account at JFCU who does not use Chexsystems, but they do pull a Equifax report which is only used for Verification of Identity not for approval. The information you are providing will help a lot of people. Oh and Welcome To CB.

Edited by SCORPIO07, 01 February 2008 - 01:00 AM.

#27 pokerwiz1982

pokerwiz1982
  • Members
  • 68 posts

Posted 01 February 2008 - 01:36 AM

Tab is a Instant Easy Approval. You have no problem getting account there thats for sure. But since you in bloomington you should go to Firststatebank and get your account localy. You will get approved.

#28 mca

mca

Lead - Chexsystems Help Forum

• Members
  • 1,792 posts

Posted 01 February 2008 - 02:10 PM

your welcome, I am glad it worked. Very Good luck. My list is now 100% FREE for all state lists

#29 smegge

smegge
  • Members
  • 66 posts

Posted 10 February 2008 - 03:39 PM

MCA, thank you so much for this list. Just faxed off my application for TAB and will call them tomorrow :grin:

#30 IvyMgmt

IvyMgmt
  • Members
  • 2,151 posts

Posted 03 May 2012 - 12:25 PM

Hi MCA is this list still good? I came up with this during a google search.. I am really seeking a Business checking with no chexsystems..

#31 Take Action

Take Action
  • Members
  • 55 posts

Posted 03 May 2012 - 01:22 PM

Hi MCA is this list still good? I came up with this during a google search.. I am really seeking a Business checking with no chexsystems..

She has, ummm, expanded slightly on this list :yahoo:
But I'll let her handle suggestions since it's her (exceptional) work. She'll want to know your state.

#32 CalPop

CalPop
  • Members
  • 213 posts

Posted 04 May 2012 - 03:00 AM

Thanks MCA!

#33 TauntingBull

TauntingBull
  • Members
  • 316 posts

Posted 04 May 2012 - 06:42 AM

Interesting list

#34 rslifkin

rslifkin

Joseph C unchained

• CB JAIL
  • 5,217 posts

Posted 04 May 2012 - 09:07 AM

I can tell you that I have had a TAB Bank *Transportation Alliance Bank account since late 2008 from the precursor site to what is now a subforum on here, chexvictims.net (Inactive site; wasnt back then.) There was a big scare sometime in 2009 or even 2010 about the information being abused, with a LOT of people trying to get in OR someone was trying to sell information (as opposed to give it away for free, as intended) and they almost slammed the door HARD on Chex people; apparently, this never happened, or only happened to some. I can tell you that it is a GREAT bank, and any Pilot Flying J truck stop location (used to be Flying J OR Pilot; Im a Flying J guy, went on many a roadtrip and had use of there) is whole owners of said bank, and you can deposit cash with a gift card through it. Good stuff.

Once you find a non-CHEX bank (or EWS or Telecheck, or some bank that doesnt pull one) it is a jewel. And MCA is stand-up awesome. I thank her 100% for my banking success!

Next up: Fidelity Investments.. was supposed to be Chex-friendly as well. And this is good, since you can purchase stock on the stock market through one of their accounts.. bona fide alternative to Sharebuilder.

.. and yeah, that list will have maybe changed up *slightly* but she will be more than helpful, here or on the Chex subforum im sure.

#35 somekindofhappiness

somekindofhappiness

Bump Influence XIX

• Members
  • 583 posts

Posted 04 May 2012 - 09:24 AM

Anyone can join GTE Federal Credit Union. All you have to do oinkoin their in-house CUSavers club that provides "free financial assistance and resources," for a $10 fee.

Best of all this CU has a great credit card! It has a variable APR as low as 6.99%!!!!

#36 IvyMgmt

IvyMgmt
  • Members
  • 2,151 posts

Posted 04 May 2012 - 09:25 AM

Anyone can join GTE Federal Credit Union. All you have to do oinkoin their in-house CUSavers club that provides "free financial assistance and resources," for a $10 fee.

Best of all this CU has a great credit card! It has a variable APR as low as 6.99%!!!!

Where is this credit union? Are the chexfriendly? Do they have business accounts?

#37 somekindofhappiness

somekindofhappiness

Bump Influence XIX

• Members
  • 583 posts

Posted 04 May 2012 - 09:41 AM

Where is this credit union? Are the chexfriendly? Do they have business accounts?

https://www.gtefcu.org/

They're located in Florida and it appears they do offer business accounts. I don't known their practice regarding Chex.

But again, anyone can join through their back door.

#38 IvyMgmt

IvyMgmt
  • Members
  • 2,151 posts

Posted 04 May 2012 - 11:25 AM

https://www.gtefcu.org/

They're located in Florida and it appears they do offer business accounts. I don't known their practice regarding Chex.

But again, anyone can join through their back door.

No bueno need to be registered with the state of Florida and they use Chexsystems.. Thanks though looks like a nice website :sorry:

#39 twitchrdrm

twitchrdrm
  • Members
  • 69 posts

Posted 06 May 2012 - 11:49 AM

If you are in any of the following areas: IL (Chicago/Chicago-land area), MN, MI, WI, IN, CO, AZ, and ND

TCF Bank does NOT run chexsystems you will only be refused if you owe the bank money. I used to work for them and to be honest it's not the greatest bank but it's a VERY convenient option (at least here in the Chicago area) since most of their branches are located in Jewel Osco stores and all of them are open 7 days a week. This is a good bank for someone who needs an acct, wants the typical stuff (direct deposit, debit card, online/mobile banking, plenty of local ATM's) but the service isn't very great. Keep this in mind and see www.tcfbank.com.

#40 djd1520

djd1520
  • Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 22 August 2013 - 11:30 AM

UPDATE: Tab Bank does use Chex Systems.

I have a bad banking history and get turned down for a new checking accounts at any bank that uses Chex Systems, Telecheck, etc. when opening new accounts. I also have bad credit so even the banks that don't use the traditional banking history reporting services, but instead pull a credit report, also turn me down.

Anyway I was Google searching the other day for banks that don't use Chex Systems for new accounts and came across this forum/thread. I was a little excited when I read that Tab Bank does not use Chex Systems so I applied immediately. Well, unfortunately yesterday I was notified via a letter in the mail that I was denied due to negative information they found on file with Chex Systems.

So just to update Tab Bank is currently using Chex Systems. BTW I tried to insert a pic of the denial letter I received in this post but I keep getting a message saying the file type is not allowed.

#41 djd1520

djd1520
  • Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 23 August 2013 - 08:41 AM

I tried to edit my post above but I guess that feature has been disabled. Anyway here is a copy of the denial letter I received from Tab Bank (sorry about the condition...it hit the trash can first).

http://img407.images...7/9093/0nz6.png

#42 Twanswife916

Twanswife916
  • Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 01 September 2014 - 10:36 AM

DCU seemed like a good choice. They have some great products and customer rating. I applied Saturday for a savings account so I'll find out when I call Wednesday if I was approved.

#43 Twanswife916

Twanswife916
  • Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 03 September 2014 - 07:44 AM

DCU and NASA FCU run chexsystems regardless if its a savings account or not.

#44 tmcgill

tmcgill
  • Members
  • 936 posts

Posted 03 September 2014 - 12:44 PM

This is MCA's old list from 6 years ago, and some things have changed. Banks merge and often change their policies, and we try to post only updated info.

If you have an inquiry about dealing with Chexsystems, or are looking for a bank or credit union, please post on the Chexsystems section of this forum.

Edited by tmcgill, 03 September 2014 - 12:45 PM.

#45 KingHeart

KingHeart
  • Members
  • 79 posts

Posted 03 September 2014 - 01:11 PM

Will NASA FCU allow you to open a savings if your on chex?

#46 ecserna

ecserna
  • Newbies
  • 2 posts

Posted 15 September 2014 - 10:19 AM

Hello,

Can you please give me a list of  Non-EWS banks in the Dallas/Ft. Worth, Texas area? My Chexsystems is now clear as I have filed Banksruptcy and Chexsystems removed everything. But, EWS still has stuff on there.

Thank you!

#47 Ron1

Ron1

FR Teflon Man

• Members
  • 7,305 posts

Posted 15 September 2014 - 11:35 AM

I think BBVA Compass doesn't check EWS. My brother was able to open a checking online.

Ron.

#48 Twanswife916

Twanswife916
  • Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 16 September 2014 - 08:33 AM

Hello,

Can you please give me a list of  Non-EWS banks in the Dallas/Ft. Worth, Texas area? My Chexsystems is now clear as I have filed Banksruptcy and Chexsystems removed everything. But, EWS still has stuff on there.

Thank you!

EWS will mark your file as included in BK but wont delete until 7 years has past. I have the same issue with them.

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© Copyright 2003 - 2013 Creditboards.com. All rights reserved. No portion of this site may be reproduced without explicit permission from the owners. The content of creditboards.com is subject solely to the personal whim of its admins. We reserve the right, at our sole discretion, to remove any and all posts or comments, at any time, for any reason which takes our entirely capricious fancy, or for no particular reason whatsoever, without restriction. Comments or questions regarding the site may be addressed to admin@creditboards.com.