Welcome to CreditBoards!

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to CreditBoards! Like most online communities, you must register to post in our community, but don't worry - this is a simple process requiring minimal information for you to sign up. Be a part of CreditBoards by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Read These Items!

• If you're getting an Authentication mismatch error: Clear your cache. Log out of CB. Delete your cookie. Close your browser. Open your browser and log back in.

Photo

credit card spreadsheet

• Please log in to reply
482 replies to this topic

#451 BWH

BWH
  • Members
  • 55 posts

Posted 02 September 2010 - 05:56 PM

First off let me say Thank you for your work on this spreadsheet. I love it, I have added a column for my own that shows what days are being reported to the bureaus so that I know when my payments are due.

Just something to consider if you ever update.

Thanks,

#452 Corporate-Credit

Corporate-Credit
  • Newbies
  • 2 posts

Posted 27 November 2010 - 02:35 PM

Great spread sheet!! Good job

#453 Roland99

Roland99
  • Members
  • 2,625 posts

Posted 07 December 2010 - 12:48 PM

First off let me say Thank you for your work on this spreadsheet. I love it, I have added a column for my own that shows what days are being reported to the bureaus so that I know when my payments are due.

Just something to consider if you ever update.

Thanks,

I am about to do the same to mine. :)

Actually, I might make it two columns.

Date of Balance Reporting
Date Balance Shows on Report

I'd been keeping track of my cards below my regular monthly budget just to keep track of my util but this is much better!

Edited by Roland99, 07 December 2010 - 12:49 PM.

#454 Guest_thebest_*

Guest_thebest_*
  • Guests

Posted 27 December 2010 - 12:15 PM

thanks

#455 billionareboysclub

billionareboysclub
  • Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 07 January 2011 - 04:48 PM

WOW! This is nice and helpful. Thanks.

#456 sidecontrol

sidecontrol
  • Members
  • 117 posts

Posted 24 March 2011 - 11:30 PM

Cool spreadsheet -- but I guess it's only for OPEN credit card accounts? If I put my closed accounts on there, it asks me for the credit limit, and thus includes that in my "available credit" ... but all I want is it to show me how much I could save by paying it down faster etc :)

Thanks for making it

#457 MzVanessa

MzVanessa
  • Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 02 April 2011 - 11:26 AM

Wow thank you so much for this Spread Sheet Breeze. I am bubbling over with joy that I have found this web site. It has helped me in a matter of hours. I love this spread sheet and have saved it to my desk top and have all my open CC information in it already.

Thanks again

#458 Sun Love

Sun Love
  • Members
  • 117 posts

Posted 08 April 2011 - 07:36 PM

I just downloaded it, looks like it's just what needed. Thanks!

#459 itrev82

itrev82
  • Members
  • 645 posts

Posted 18 July 2011 - 12:08 AM

Cool spreadsheet -- but I guess it's only for OPEN credit card accounts? If I put my closed accounts on there, it asks me for the credit limit, and thus includes that in my "available credit" ... but all I want is it to show me how much I could save by paying it down faster etc :)

Thanks for making it

Im wondering about the credit limit column. Should I put a Zero for closed accounts, or put the limit that was on the account before it was closed?

#460 Fierydragon

Fierydragon
  • Newbies
  • 1 posts

Posted 19 July 2011 - 06:13 PM

Thanks for the great post and SS! I'm making some adjustments to adapt this for tracking mileage bonuses for frequent flyer offers.

Best,
Fierydragon

#461 sidecontrol

sidecontrol
  • Members
  • 117 posts

Posted 20 February 2012 - 09:18 PM

Im wondering about the credit limit column. Should I put a Zero for closed accounts, or put the limit that was on the account before it was closed?

I've been editing the spreadsheet myself recently.

These are the things I changed:

- A new worksheet for FICO scores
- A new worksheet for INQs across 3 bureaus, and color-coding & month counting to tell me how long until they fall off (also put here CCs I want to apply for in the future)
- Changing what happens with the Closed Accounts (Shows 100% Util now on those accts), see code below
- Split the spreadsheet in half, top part for revolving and bottom part for installments. Took the installment out of the utilization ratio.

So the basic idea is to put 0 for closed accounts... Then change the F8 cell to: =IF(D8=0,"",IF(C8=0,"100%",PERCENTILE(D8/C8,1)))

And then drag down from the right of that cell to fill in all the F-cells below that. It will say 100%, but you could edit it to say "Closed" or whatever.

#462 sidecontrol

sidecontrol
  • Members
  • 117 posts

Posted 20 February 2012 - 09:39 PM

That's the thing, I am not telling you what your minimum payment is or should be (the field listed is payment options), I am telling you what the payment is if you choose to pay 3%. Every c/c is different, there is no way for me to know when the minimum payment is $20 or when it kicks to a %. There is a big difference between "Payment Options" & "minimum payment"..

In this case if you choose to pay 3% then it's $54, I am sure that is significatly higher then what the actual minimum payment is.

The formula multiplies 1.5% x the balance and asks if that is less than 20, then it writes 20. It does that for the 1.5% column, and it works for that column. But it does that same calculation for the 2 and 3% payment options, using G2 (1.5%) instead of H2 and I2. So the 3% payment option in example is based upon whether 1.5% is less than $20.

Edited by sidecontrol, 20 February 2012 - 09:41 PM.

#463 FordGuy100

FordGuy100
  • Members
  • 192 posts

Posted 10 March 2012 - 02:53 PM

Since I am not very good with Excel, is there a way we can somehow get our "balance" coloumn to automatically update with our balance without having to manually input? Or is that just crazy talk? Would be nice, otherwise it is kinda a pain to do all of that.

#464 Volpe Mar

Volpe Mar
  • Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 11 March 2012 - 09:06 PM

Well.. I suppose I'm stupid, but I don't know how it works.

I guess I will stick with my self created basic spreadsheet

#465 dinab32

dinab32
  • Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 06 May 2012 - 05:52 PM

Can someone put the excel spreadaheet back up I don't see the attachment thanks

#466 breeze

breeze

Site Owners & FC XXXVIII

• Admin
  • 46,670 posts

Posted 06 May 2012 - 05:57 PM

In the very first post

#467 dinab32

dinab32
  • Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 06 May 2012 - 07:00 PM

Its no longer showing so if someone has pls post it

#468 breeze

breeze

Site Owners & FC XXXVIII

• Admin
  • 46,670 posts

Posted 06 May 2012 - 07:28 PM

Go back to the very first post in this thread, and you will see it. It looks like this.

Posted Image

#469 MannyLNJ

MannyLNJ

Stealth Influence IV

• Members
  • 2,009 posts

Posted 27 May 2012 - 12:52 AM

If I have a 0% promo from one of my cards that ends 12/18 how would I enter it on the chart so I know to have that paid off before end expire date if I also have regular purchases on the card.

#470 agp

agp
  • Members
  • 50 posts

Posted 28 May 2012 - 09:41 PM

This spreadsheet is very useful. However, I can't delete the columns... I always pay my cards on time, so I don't need the middle few columns on balances. How do I delete them?

#471 sonicanatidae

sonicanatidae
  • Members
  • 2,122 posts

Posted 17 August 2012 - 03:41 PM

I have a question about how the Age fields work. The easiest way to explain is a short example:

Account-1 opened on 01-01-10 and closed it 01-01-11 (12 months open)
Account-2 opened on 01-01-10 and still open (32 months open and counting)

The actual AoA would be: 22 months [32 mos + 12 mos = 44 mos/2 cards = 22 months]

The sheet calculates it on today's date, rather than the open/close dates.

So using the same example:
Account-1 opened on 01-01-10 and closed it 01-01-11 (12 months open) (Spreadsheet shows 32 months and counting)
Account-2 opened on 01-01-10 and still open (32 months open and counting)

The sheet calculates the AoA incorrectly, as: 32 months [32 mos + 32 mos = 64 mos/2 cards = 32 months)

Am I reading the sheet wrong? or is there a Macro that's disabled (Macros are enabled on my Excel)

Thoughts?

#472 roncgizmo

roncgizmo
  • Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 14 September 2012 - 12:55 PM

Thanks, I was looking for something like thisPosted Image

#473 sidecontrol

sidecontrol
  • Members
  • 117 posts

Posted 01 December 2012 - 01:32 AM

My inquiry sheet:

Posted Image

Hey guys, I developed this sheet to keep track of my inquiries... I think it's great so here's the code for it

1) Total Counts in Parenthuses next to Bureau (B2 through D2):
="Experian ("&COUNTIF(B3:B23,"*")&")"
Repeat for Equifax and Transunion

2) Time for Removal:
=DATEDIF(TODAY(),SUM(A3+731),"M")
Drag down to auto-fill the whole column; Colors using conditional formatting. Green should be 1-12; yellow is 13-18; orange is 19-24. That will give you what is less than 6 months old, what is a year, what's older than a year. Ignore mine in the screenshot.

3) How Long Ago it was Added:
=IF(DATEDIF(A4,TODAY(),"m")<1,DATEDIF(A4,TODAY(),"d")&" Days",DATEDIF(A4,TODAY(),"m")&" Months,"&DATEDIF(A4,TODAY()
Drag down to auto-fill

Then you just enter in the date in the A column, write in whatever INQs got added on that date in the rows next to it, and it will auto-fill itself. :D

#474 sidecontrol

sidecontrol
  • Members
  • 117 posts

Posted 01 December 2012 - 01:42 AM

The sheet calculates it on today's date, rather than the open/close dates.

The sheet calculates the AoA incorrectly, as: 32 months [32 mos + 32 mos = 64 mos/2 cards = 32 months)

Closed accounts are calculated as well for AAoA, from their open date, as long as they remain on your reports. What I would do is simply delete the account from the spreadsheet if it's not on your report. Otherwise it's counted which is the correct behavior.

#475 linsys

linsys
  • Members
  • 148 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 12:03 AM

Thanks for posting this, I created my on XLS document but yours is 10x better so I figured I would use it instead :)

Questions:

- For payment due date, do I update that every month? Or does it update for me?

Thanks again, I was really interested in my AAoA and this helps a lot... I am just learning to use CCs which is odd since I am 33 but I never really needed them... still don't.. but hey..

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© Copyright 2003 - 2013 Creditboards.com. All rights reserved. No portion of this site may be reproduced without explicit permission from the owners. The content of creditboards.com is subject solely to the personal whim of its admins. We reserve the right, at our sole discretion, to remove any and all posts or comments, at any time, for any reason which takes our entirely capricious fancy, or for no particular reason whatsoever, without restriction. Comments or questions regarding the site may be addressed to admin@creditboards.com.