Welcome to CreditBoards!

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to CreditBoards! Like most online communities, you must register to post in our community, but don't worry - this is a simple process requiring minimal information for you to sign up. Be a part of CreditBoards by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Read These Items!

• If you're getting an Authentication mismatch error: Clear your cache. Log out of CB. Delete your cookie. Close your browser. Open your browser and log back in.

Photo

credit card spreadsheet

• Please log in to reply
482 replies to this topic

#426 Really Trying 2

Really Trying 2
  • Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 30 March 2009 - 05:22 AM

Been reading Creditboards for a while but just now checked out this spreadsheet. WOW, thanks so very much for all the time consuming work you've put forth and then sharing it with us. I just started using it and don't even have everything inputed but love what I'm seeing - well, love the info but maybe not the figures.

Did you ever come up with the s/s for installment accounts? If so, I would love to use it also.

Again, THANKS for all your work.

#427 Really Trying 2

Really Trying 2
  • Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 31 March 2009 - 10:30 PM

I do believe I'm missing seeing something. Isn't there a column to input a payment made so everything updates? Got everything in and will absolutely love this spreadsheet, just wondering if I really have to make my own calculations to update totals.

#428 rs3rs

rs3rs
  • Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 22 April 2009 - 09:06 PM

Fantastic!!!

ty so much for posting this. I'm going to migrate my data over and hopefully be a little more organized! :rolleyes:

#429 COLLFBPLYR

COLLFBPLYR
  • Members
  • 65 posts

Posted 01 May 2009 - 10:46 PM

After lurking on this site for several weeks, your SS is what made me decide to actually sign up. This thing is great, I'm going to have my weekend full of filling this thing out and seeing exactly where I stand.

For any improvements for the 2009 version I do like the "snow ball" that was mentioned before.

Also, did you end up making the sheet for installment loans?

#430 nyrfann

nyrfann

CUW

• Members
  • 7,817 posts

Posted 06 May 2009 - 07:53 AM

I'm glad everone still likes the sheet!

Like I said I am working on some inprovments but becasue I do it in my sapre time it does take some time. I hope to have a Beta version out (To some of you like I did last year) by 1st week of June.

#431 nyrfann

nyrfann

CUW

• Members
  • 7,817 posts

Posted 06 May 2009 - 07:55 AM

After lurking on this site for several weeks, your SS is what made me decide to actually sign up. This thing is great, I'm going to have my weekend full of filling this thing out and seeing exactly where I stand.

For any improvements for the 2009 version I do like the "snow ball" that was mentioned before.

Also, did you end up making the sheet for installment loans?

I do have an installment one that was not created by me; it's just a generic sheet. I working to incorporate it into the new sheet I do. My sheet will NOT have any option for doing snow ball calculations.

#432 B4d_JuJu

B4d_JuJu
  • Newbies
  • 6 posts

Posted 20 May 2009 - 09:42 AM

this SS is the best thing to happen to me since finding the CB site...another great tool. Bad thing is...it makes you realize how far the climb out of the hole is. <_<

#433 Financial Freedom

Financial Freedom
  • Newbies
  • 2 posts

Posted 23 August 2009 - 05:11 AM

Great spreadsheet. Thanks!

#434 albert knowles

albert knowles
  • Newbies
  • 6 posts

Posted 09 September 2009 - 03:27 AM

You designed the whole thing for yourself but felt it would be quite useful to many members out here so ask the CB mods to post it. I agree with you.

#435 moondoggie

moondoggie
  • Newbies
  • 2 posts

Posted 04 October 2009 - 07:55 PM

What a great tool! Thx

#436 nyrfann

nyrfann

CUW

• Members
  • 7,817 posts

Posted 04 October 2009 - 08:01 PM

What a great tool! Thx

Your welcome.

#437 cb2cb

cb2cb
  • Members
  • 103 posts

Posted 25 October 2009 - 02:46 PM

Thanks for creating and posting this great spreadsheet, but I have some questions.

Ones all the amounts are entered, does it update automatically? How do you do that?
For example, I've completed the spreadsheet few months ago, no card usage since then. How can I see the updated numbers on todays date?

Thanks

#438 nyrfann

nyrfann

CUW

• Members
  • 7,817 posts

Posted 25 October 2009 - 05:09 PM

Thanks for creating and posting this great spreadsheet, but I have some questions.

Ones all the amounts are entered, does it update automatically? How do you do that?
For example, I've completed the spreadsheet few months ago, no card usage since then. How can I see the updated numbers on todays date?

Thanks

No auto updates, info has to be entered manually.

#439 connect4

connect4
  • Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 26 October 2009 - 11:37 AM

Thanks for wonderful tool!

#440 Mike2020

Mike2020
  • Members
  • 225 posts

Posted 21 November 2009 - 12:44 AM

nyrfann Thank You Thank You Thank You.... Love the new version been using it since you came out with the first one. I can't seem to find the one for installment loans do you happen to have it? Thanks Agian.

#441 sherise982

sherise982
  • Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 30 November 2009 - 12:26 AM

This is very helpful. I was trying to figure out the UT options on my own but was not helping. Good to have an amount I can look to. Thanks

#442 vickyrola

vickyrola
  • Members
  • 44 posts

Posted 11 December 2009 - 09:46 AM

This is great! thank you so much:)

1 question- What is that middle part supposed to be telling me ( the 3 payment options) I have entered all of my data, but the 3 payment option percentages are all saying $20?

#443 AnonymouslyIndebted

AnonymouslyIndebted
  • Members
  • 344 posts

Posted 09 January 2010 - 03:58 PM

thanks i really need this This is very helpful.

#444 A Credit Ed

A Credit Ed
  • Members
  • 188 posts

Posted 27 June 2010 - 09:43 AM

It's been almost six months since anybody said "Thank You" for this spreadsheet. Thank you nyrfann!

@vickyrola (12-11-09) Most cards have a minimum payment of $20.00, so the sheet calculates your minimum for you.

If the amount in column D is less than $2,000, it shows a minimum payment of $20 is due. If the amount in column D is $2,000 or more, it shows what the minimum payments would be if your card requires 1%, 2% or 3% minimum payments.

Then I found an error nyrfann - Columns G, H and I read:
=IF($D7=0,"",IF($D7*$G$2<20,20,$D7*G$2))
=IF($D7=0,"",IF($D7*$G$2<20,20,$D7*H$2))
=IF($D7=0,"",IF($D7*$G$2<20,20,$D7*I$2))

They should read:
=IF($D7=0,"",IF($D7*$H$2<20,20,$D7*H$2))
=IF($D7=0,"",IF($D7*$I$2<20,20,$D7*I$2))

That causes the the H and I columns to reflect the greater of 2% or 3% or $20.00. As it currently sits, column I's 3% of $1,999.99 is calculated at the minimum value of $20.

To further mess up columns G-I, if the amount in column D is <$20, it still shows $20 as the minimum payment. I don't know how to write that IF statement.

I'm not an Excel expert, I know just enough to be dangerous. If I'm wrong, please be gentle.

#445 AnonymouslyIndebted

AnonymouslyIndebted
  • Members
  • 344 posts

Posted 01 July 2010 - 09:48 AM

This is an excellent tool, i've been looking for something like this!!!!

Glad you like it, I hope others find it helpful as well!

This is very helpful. Thanks for sharing :)

#446 creditbwacked

creditbwacked
  • Members
  • 189 posts

Posted 11 July 2010 - 01:11 PM

Just downloaded...I LIKE it!!

Thanks for taking the time and effort to create this tool

K

#447 LynnBushea71

LynnBushea71
  • Members
  • 31 posts

Posted 12 July 2010 - 01:58 PM

Thank You....This is GREAT!!!

#448 nyrfann

nyrfann

CUW

• Members
  • 7,817 posts

Posted 13 July 2010 - 10:22 AM

It's been almost six months since anybody said "Thank You" for this spreadsheet. Thank you nyrfann!

@vickyrola (12-11-09) Most cards have a minimum payment of $20.00, so the sheet calculates your minimum for you.

If the amount in column D is less than $2,000, it shows a minimum payment of $20 is due. If the amount in column D is $2,000 or more, it shows what the minimum payments would be if your card requires 1%, 2% or 3% minimum payments.

Then I found an error nyrfann - Columns G, H and I read:
=IF($D7=0,"",IF($D7*$G$2<20,20,$D7*H$2))
=IF($D7=0,"",IF($D7*$G$2<20,20,$D7*I$2))

They should read:
=IF($D7=0,"",IF($D7*$H$2<20,20,$D7*H$2))
=IF($D7=0,"",IF($D7*$I$2<20,20,$D7*I$2))

That causes the the H and I columns to reflect the greater of 2% or 3% or $20.00. As it currently sits, column I's 3% of $1,999.99 is calculated at the minimum value of $20.

To further mess up columns G-I, if the amount in column D is <$20, it still shows $20 as the minimum payment. I don't know how to write that IF statement.

I'm not an Excel expert, I know just enough to be dangerous. If I'm wrong, please be gentle.

I am not sure what you are referring to here, but there is no error. To formula is written correctly and everything calculates correctly.

The default $20 is the minimum payment for most c/c unit you reach the threshold where a % kick in. This is why the $20 is for any small balance.

Edited by nyrfann, 13 July 2010 - 10:23 AM.

#449 A Credit Ed

A Credit Ed
  • Members
  • 188 posts

Posted 15 July 2010 - 08:14 AM

The default $20 is the minimum payment for most c/c unit you reach the threshold where a % kick in. This is why the $20 is for any small balance.

If my balance is $1,800, what is my minimum payment if the threshold is 3%? Is it $20 or $54?

I'm not trying to be argumentative, I'm an Excel geek wanna-be - someone who knows just enough to be dangerous but wise enough to know advanced stuff like formulas. That's why I'm so in awe of your spreadsheet.

#450 nyrfann

nyrfann

CUW

• Members
  • 7,817 posts

Posted 15 July 2010 - 11:09 AM

If my balance is $1,800, what is my minimum payment if the threshold is 3%? Is it $20 or $54?

I'm not trying to be argumentative, I'm an Excel geek wanna-be - someone who knows just enough to be dangerous but wise enough to know advanced stuff like formulas. That's why I'm so in awe of your spreadsheet.

That's the thing, I am not telling you what your minimum payment is or should be (the field listed is payment options), I am telling you what the payment is if you choose to pay 3%. Every c/c is different, there is no way for me to know when the minimum payment is $20 or when it kicks to a %. There is a big difference between "Payment Options" & "minimum payment"..

In this case if you choose to pay 3% then it's $54, I am sure that is significatly higher then what the actual minimum payment is.

Edited by nyrfann, 15 July 2010 - 11:15 AM.

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© Copyright 2003 - 2013 Creditboards.com. All rights reserved. No portion of this site may be reproduced without explicit permission from the owners. The content of creditboards.com is subject solely to the personal whim of its admins. We reserve the right, at our sole discretion, to remove any and all posts or comments, at any time, for any reason which takes our entirely capricious fancy, or for no particular reason whatsoever, without restriction. Comments or questions regarding the site may be addressed to admin@creditboards.com.