Welcome to CreditBoards!

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to CreditBoards! Like most online communities, you must register to post in our community, but don't worry - this is a simple process requiring minimal information for you to sign up. Be a part of CreditBoards by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Read These Items!

• If you're getting an Authentication mismatch error: Clear your cache. Log out of CB. Delete your cookie. Close your browser. Open your browser and log back in.

Photo

credit card spreadsheet

• Please log in to reply
484 replies to this topic

#401 Credit Ranker

Credit Ranker
  • Members
  • 30 posts

Posted 25 October 2008 - 03:15 AM

My pleasure, hope it comes in handy for CB members

If there are any questions or comment please feel free to PM me.

Can be useful for credit card arbitrage :) Thanks!

#402 longgoneusa

longgoneusa
  • Newbies
  • 5 posts

Posted 25 October 2008 - 09:33 AM

WOW - if you have 100 credit cards, you're doing something seriously wrong somewhere, make that everywhere :huh:

#403 LKH

LKH

Site Owner

• Admin
  • 23,801 posts

Posted 25 October 2008 - 09:47 AM

WOW - if you have 100 credit cards, you're doing something seriously wrong somewhere, make that everywhere :huh:

Why is that?

#404 creditmojojunkie

creditmojojunkie
  • Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 11 November 2008 - 07:21 PM

Hi NYRFan !

Thank you for providing a
Great spreadsheet ! I love having all that Info at-a-glance.

Anyway that i could get an "unlocked" copy of it ?

I have like 5 colunms of other data that i'd like to see as well.

or maybe you could them .

mcredit94527@gmail.com

Thanks

#405 nyrfann

nyrfann

CUW

• Members
  • 7,881 posts

Posted 12 November 2008 - 09:39 AM

Hi NYRFan !

Thank you for providing a
Great spreadsheet ! I love having all that Info at-a-glance.

Anyway that i could get an "unlocked" copy of it ?

I have like 5 colunms of other data that i'd like to see as well.

or maybe you could them .

mcredit94527@gmail.com

Thanks

Glad you like it!

There is no passwaord, just go to protect and click unprotect.

#406 scottb99

scottb99
  • Members
  • 103 posts

Posted 12 November 2008 - 12:56 PM

Thanks for the spreadsheet. Will come in handy.

#407 act1

act1
  • Members
  • 129 posts

Posted 19 November 2008 - 06:44 PM

Thank you/yall, forthis tool! Just found this. What else am I missing?

#408 Tate74

Tate74
  • Members
  • 575 posts

Posted 08 December 2008 - 01:18 AM

^

#409 LaylaChanel

LaylaChanel
  • Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 16 December 2008 - 05:31 AM

Thank you very much nyrfann! :o This is going to be a very helpful tool.

#410 CaughtShort

CaughtShort
  • Members
  • 703 posts

Posted 16 December 2008 - 12:16 PM

This is helpful!

I downloaded it a while back and was a little confused by it and it seemed intimidating, so I forgot about it. But the other day I decided to take a closer look at it and I filled out all of my information and it's very nice having all of the info right there. Everybody needs this spreadsheet.

#411 mr504

mr504
  • Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 08 January 2009 - 03:37 PM

This might be a dumb question, but how do i use page 2.........

#412 nyrfann

nyrfann

CUW

• Members
  • 7,881 posts

Posted 08 January 2009 - 04:56 PM

You do nothing on page 2, it's done automatically. It keeps a running tally of your balance every time you close.

When you close the sheet hit save. Next time you open it look at page 2.

If you don't want to save the amount after each close, save before closing then when you close hit no.

Edited by nyrfann, 08 January 2009 - 04:57 PM.

#413 mr504

mr504
  • Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 08 January 2009 - 08:42 PM

You do nothing on page 2, it's done automatically. It keeps a running tally of your balance every time you close.

If you don't want to save the amount after each close, save before closing then when you close hit no.

Thanks, but it's not working for me for some reason. I filled the spreadsheet out with some accounts and closed/saved it, but when I open it page 2 is blank <_<

#414 markca

markca

Bump Influence III

• Members
  • 1,269 posts

Posted 12 January 2009 - 03:44 AM

Thanks, but it's not working for me for some reason. I filled the spreadsheet out with some accounts and closed/saved it, but when I open it page 2 is blank :rofl:

Same here. The second page is not working. I tried this one and the OpenOffice one and get the same results for both.

#415 nyrfann

nyrfann

CUW

• Members
  • 7,881 posts

Posted 12 January 2009 - 08:07 AM

Thanks, but it's not working for me for some reason. I filled the spreadsheet out with some accounts and closed/saved it, but when I open it page 2 is blank :rofl:

Same here. The second page is not working. I tried this one and the OpenOffice one and get the same results for both.

I just tested the sheet all is working fine. You must have Macros enabled and security set to medium. If you don't page 2 will not work but everything else will work as designed.

Edited by nyrfann, 12 January 2009 - 08:10 AM.

#416 mr504

mr504
  • Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 12 January 2009 - 11:46 AM

Thanks nryfann. I finally got it to work. @ Markca, you have to save the file two times before you see your balance on the second page. When you save the spreadsheet the first time the second spreadsheet will not reflect a balance. You have to open the spreadsheet again, add a new Credit Limit/Balance and save it again. Open it again and you should see an update on the second spreadsheet now.

#417 nyrfann

nyrfann

CUW

• Members
  • 7,881 posts

Posted 14 January 2009 - 09:04 PM

Thanks nryfann. I finally got it to work. @ Markca, you have to save the file two times before you see your balance on the second page. When you save the spreadsheet the first time the second spreadsheet will not reflect a balance. You have to open the spreadsheet again, add a new Credit Limit/Balance and save it again. Open it again and you should see an update on the second spreadsheet now.

Thanks for the update.

#418 Melanie2009

Melanie2009
  • Members
  • 273 posts

Posted 26 January 2009 - 10:46 AM

Thanks for the spreadsheet. Will come in handy.

+1

#419 concerned

concerned
  • Members
  • 358 posts

Posted 18 February 2009 - 09:32 PM

Quick thing about the spreadsheet:

I just noticed on an account that had a low balance ($820) that no matter what I put as a percentage (cells G2, H2 and I2), it would give me 20 as the minimum payment.

I changed the formula from the following to the following on those cells H7, H8, etc and I7, I8, etc to make it work.

=IF($D7=0,"",IF($D7*$G$2<20,20,$D7*H$2)) to =IF($D7=0,"",IF($D7*$H$2<20,20,$D7*H$2))

=IF($D7=0,"",IF($D7*$G$2<20,20,$D7*I$2)) to =IF($D7=0,"",IF($D7*$I$2<20,20,$D7*I$2))

Like I said, it is very hard to notice unless its a low amount. This way it will choose D7 * H7 instead of 20 for the 2nd and 3rd percentages.

Other than that, I've been burning hours on that program (and the old one) for more than a year, and still think its awesome. I've also added the amortization table from excel as new tabs for each credit card and converted it into a hybrid snowball.

Thanks again for the spreadsheet.

#420 nyrfann

nyrfann

CUW

• Members
  • 7,881 posts

Posted 19 February 2009 - 09:28 AM

Quick thing about the spreadsheet:

I just noticed on an account that had a low balance ($820) that no matter what I put as a percentage (cells G2, H2 and I2), it would give me 20 as the minimum payment.

I changed the formula from the following to the following on those cells H7, H8, etc and I7, I8, etc to make it work.

=IF($D7=0,"",IF($D7*$G$2<20,20,$D7*H$2)) to =IF($D7=0,"",IF($D7*$H$2<20,20,$D7*H$2))

=IF($D7=0,"",IF($D7*$G$2<20,20,$D7*I$2)) to =IF($D7=0,"",IF($D7*$I$2<20,20,$D7*I$2))

Like I said, it is very hard to notice unless its a low amount. This way it will choose D7 * H7 instead of 20 for the 2nd and 3rd percentages.

Other than that, I've been burning hours on that program (and the old one) for more than a year, and still think its awesome. I've also added the amortization table from excel as new tabs for each credit card and converted it into a hybrid snowball.

Thanks again for the spreadsheet.

Hi concerned, I'm galad you like the sheet.

I purposely did it this way to show a payment is due when you only have a small balance. In most cases a creditor has payment terms of x% of the balance or min $20 whichever is higher, this is why I used $20. I figured people who knew how to use excel like yourself would know how to change it if it was not wanted.

#421 nyrfann

nyrfann

CUW

• Members
  • 7,881 posts

Posted 21 February 2009 - 03:08 PM

I am currently working on a 2009 version, any and all requests will be considered for the new sheet.

Please PM me your ideas.

Edited by nyrfann, 21 February 2009 - 03:08 PM.

#422 cristina47454

cristina47454
  • Members
  • 37 posts

Posted 21 February 2009 - 08:37 PM

Wow! What a great tool! Thank you so much for sharing! I've been tracking my ccs for some time now, but your spreadsheet has categories I didn't know to add. And I'm seeing things much more clearly now. thanks!

#423 tarbaby

tarbaby
  • Members
  • 423 posts

Posted 05 March 2009 - 02:32 PM

2009 version. <_<

Can't wait to see it!

I do like the snowball idea that concerned used.

#424 slutty

slutty
  • Members
  • 393 posts

Posted 16 March 2009 - 08:38 AM

subscribing

#425 chuckmanley83

chuckmanley83
  • Newbies
  • 7 posts

Posted 27 March 2009 - 10:13 AM

Great sheet, thank you so much. You saved me a lot of work!

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© Copyright 2003 - 2013 Creditboards.com. All rights reserved. No portion of this site may be reproduced without explicit permission from the owners. The content of creditboards.com is subject solely to the personal whim of its admins. We reserve the right, at our sole discretion, to remove any and all posts or comments, at any time, for any reason which takes our entirely capricious fancy, or for no particular reason whatsoever, without restriction. Comments or questions regarding the site may be addressed to admin@creditboards.com.