Welcome to CreditBoards!

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to CreditBoards! Like most online communities, you must register to post in our community, but don't worry - this is a simple process requiring minimal information for you to sign up. Be a part of CreditBoards by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Read These Items!

• If you're getting an Authentication mismatch error: Clear your cache. Log out of CB. Delete your cookie. Close your browser. Open your browser and log back in.

Photo

credit card spreadsheet

• Please log in to reply
482 replies to this topic

#26 nyrfann

nyrfann

CUW

• Members
  • 7,817 posts

Posted 12 March 2007 - 07:45 PM

wow, this kinda puts your usage in sight.. glad I paid all my cc's off last month..

That is one of the main reasons I made it.

Joe thanks for the awesome sheet. One thing I am trying to enter the address
for payments under address and it is saying this field is password protected.
Can I get that unlocked?

Thanks!
J

I just checked and none of those cells are locked, which cells is coming up locked for you?

#27 Cactus Flower

Cactus Flower
  • Members
  • 3,534 posts

Posted 13 March 2007 - 07:35 PM

My pleasure, hope it comes in handy for CB members

If there are any questions or comment please feel free to PM me.

Thanks for this spreadsheet.. it's great :blink:

cactus flower in Arizona

#28 nyrfann

nyrfann

CUW

• Members
  • 7,817 posts

Posted 13 March 2007 - 07:37 PM

My pleasure, hope it comes in handy for CB members

If there are any questions or comment please feel free to PM me.

Thanks for this spreadsheet.. it's great :blink:

cactus flower in Arizona

I'm so glad you like it. I have not been getting much feedback so I am a bit concerned people and not finding it useful.

Edited by nyrfann, 13 March 2007 - 07:38 PM.

#29 MarvBear

MarvBear

Administrator

• Admin
  • 47,405 posts

Posted 13 March 2007 - 09:33 PM

WOW!

I'm impressed........................

My sincere thanks to nyrfann for making this available to our members.

and

my utmost recommendations in it's usage.

Thank you very much.

#30 squirrelgirl

squirrelgirl

CB Queen of Understatement

• Members
  • 22,296 posts

Posted 14 March 2007 - 10:27 AM

Been using this spreadsheet for a while - Joe emailed it to me 6+ months ago - I like it :grin:

#31 Demantoid

Demantoid
  • Members
  • 247 posts

Posted 16 March 2007 - 11:52 AM

I'm having trouble downloading this spreadsheet. It comes out a bunch of garbled characters. What am I doing wrong?

#32 squirrelgirl

squirrelgirl

CB Queen of Understatement

• Members
  • 22,296 posts

Posted 16 March 2007 - 11:53 AM

I'm having trouble downloading this spreadsheet. It comes out a bunch of garbled characters. What am I doing wrong?

It's a Excel...

#33 nyrfann

nyrfann

CUW

• Members
  • 7,817 posts

Posted 16 March 2007 - 12:26 PM

Save it to your computer and open with Excel as SG pointed out.

Thanks SG! :lol:

#34 BrighterDays

BrighterDays
  • Members
  • 1,091 posts

Posted 16 March 2007 - 05:51 PM

Thanks for the awesome spreadsheet. What a great tool!

#35 thinwalletfatdreams

thinwalletfatdreams
  • Newbies
  • 8 posts

Posted 16 March 2007 - 11:45 PM

Hello All,

I know the sheet have been downloaded over 300 times, yet I have received very little feedback.

Are you all finding it useful? Any problems, comments, things you'd like different?

It's great thanks for posting :grin:

I am new here and will definitely use this. One thing I would add is a link to the card website, along with cells for username or login and password. This way you can click there and log right in to check balances and make payments.

Just my $0.02

Thanks again!

#36 jpmusocat

jpmusocat
  • Members
  • 62 posts

Posted 17 March 2007 - 02:06 AM

Can I get that unlocked?

Thanks!
J

Hey, this is super! Thanks much for posting it!

As far as any changes, the only thing I can think of would be an non-password version so I wouldn't have to bother you for dumb little changes (I could modify the sheet myself). Example of a dumb little change: My eyeballs just zoomed right in on "intrest" -- I'm just that way :)

I'd probably add a cell where I could put the URL to the online account management page for each card, too.

I noticed a field for prime rate (cell U1). I poked around for a minute but didn't see it called in any of the formulas (I could be wrong). I'd probably put in a variable rate column where I could enter the "prime +" rate on a variable card, that would automatically add the prime rate in U1 for the total rate. That way I could just enter the new prime and have all the variable rates update at once. Maybe it already does that and I just missed it, tho'.

That's all splitting hairs stuff, though, it's very handy and I'm going to continue using it -- thanks again!

Best,

-J

#37 nyrfann

nyrfann

CUW

• Members
  • 7,817 posts

Posted 17 March 2007 - 07:30 AM

Can I get that unlocked?

Thanks!
J

Hey, this is super! Thanks much for posting it!

As far as any changes, the only thing I can think of would be an non-password version so I wouldn't have to bother you for dumb little changes (I could modify the sheet myself). Example of a dumb little change: My eyeballs just zoomed right in on "intrest" -- I'm just that way :yahoo:

I'd probably add a cell where I could put the URL to the online account management page for each card, too.

I noticed a field for prime rate (cell U1). I poked around for a minute but didn't see it called in any of the formulas (I could be wrong). I'd probably put in a variable rate column where I could enter the "prime +" rate on a variable card, that would automatically add the prime rate in U1 for the total rate. That way I could just enter the new prime and have all the variable rates update at once. Maybe it already does that and I just missed it, tho'.

That's all splitting hairs stuff, though, it's very handy and I'm going to continue using it -- thanks again!

Best,

-J

Hi J-
I actually corrected the interest thing but after if was uploaded here, oppps.

On my sheet I have the prime rate do exactly what you want, I left it out on the sheet here because I would then have had to leave that column unlocked (In case a fixed rate had to be entered) which would have left room for formulas to get messed up by the novice excel user. I tried to keep this sheet geared to the novice excel user figuring I'd get requests for an unlocked sheet from advanced users.

As for the URL, that is a good idea, I did not think of it as I use roboform, but the url can be entered it the "other" column.

As I stated in an earlier post I have no problem sending a non password protected sheet upon request, just send me a pm. I only locked it so the people no to familiar with excel don't, erase or corrupt a formula.

I'm glad people like it please keep the ideas and comments coming. :yahoo: :yahoo:

thinwalletfatdreams,

If you like any additions please PM me what you want or need and I'll be more then happy to do it for you.

Edited by nyrfann, 17 March 2007 - 07:32 AM.

#38 nyrfann

nyrfann

CUW

• Members
  • 7,817 posts

Posted 17 March 2007 - 07:47 AM

This is for anybody having an issue using the sheet because of a security or marco error:
Many thanks to LadyKnR for posting the fix

From Excel Help: (Microsoft XP System)

The following information summarizes how macro virus protection works under each setting on the Security Level tab in the Security dialog box (Tools menu, Macro submenu) under different conditions. Under all settings, if antivirus software that works with Microsoft Office XP is installed and the file contains macros, the file is scanned for known viruses before it is opened.

High

Unsigned macros
Macros are automatically disabled, and the file is opened.
(This is the Error I was getting - Unsigned Macros, therefore it would open the File, but IT COULD NOT be altered in any way)

Signed macros
The source of the macro and the status of the signature determine how signed macros are handled.

A trusted source. Signature is valid.
Macros are automatically enabled, and the file is opened.

An unknown author. Signature is valid.
A dialog box is displayed with information about the certificate. Macros can be enabled only if the user chooses to trust the author and certification authority. A network administrator can lock the list of trusted sources and prevent the user from adding the developer to the list and enabling the macros.

Any author. Signature is invalid, possibly because of a virus.
User is warned of a possible virus. Macros are automatically disabled.

Any author. Signature validation is not possible because public key is missing or incompatible encryption methods were used.
User is warned that signature validation is not possible. Macros are automatically disabled.

Any author. The signature was made after the certificate had expired or had been revoked.
User is warned that the signature has expired or been revoked. Macros are automatically disabled.

As such, I changed my Setting to:

Medium

Unsigned macros
User is prompted to enable or disable macros. (After changing to this Setting, I re-downloaded the File fresh from CB, and when I opened it the first time, it prompted me to "Choose" whether to enable the Unsigned Macros or not. I, of course, chose "Yes". File has worked fine ever since!)
:yahoo:

Signed macros
The source of the macro and the status of the signature determine how signed macros are handled.

A trusted source. Signature is valid.
Macros are automatically enabled, and the file is opened.

An unknown author. Signature is valid.
A dialog box is displayed with information about the certificate. The user is prompted to enable or disable macros. The user can choose to trust the developer and certification authority.

Any author. Signature is invalid, possibly because of a virus.
User is warned of a possible virus. Macros are automatically disabled.

Any author. Signature validation is not possible because public key is missing or incompatible encryption methods were used.
User is warned that signature validation is not possible. User is prompted to enable or disable macros.

Any author. The signature was made after the certificate had expired or had been revoked.
User is warned that the signature has expired or been revoked. User is prompted to enable or disable macros.

Hope that helps! Other XP Excel Users may also find this info handy. Default Security Setting was HIGH - I never set it to that.

Edited by nyrfann, 17 March 2007 - 07:53 AM.

#39 taylortr

taylortr
  • Members
  • 1,447 posts

Posted 17 March 2007 - 10:13 AM

Thanks nyrfann, I've been using it for a few weeks and like it alot. :D

Just wanted to add that those not inclined to purchase MS Office have an alternative to use this spreadsheet, just do a search for Open Office (its FREE!)- works just fine in that too.

#40 Connie

Connie
  • Members
  • 402 posts

Posted 19 March 2007 - 10:42 AM

;) :P Thanks, this form is great!

#41 MarvBear

MarvBear

Administrator

• Admin
  • 47,405 posts

Posted 24 March 2007 - 09:11 PM

--^--

#42 Rook2g5

Rook2g5
  • Members
  • 1,059 posts

Posted 11 April 2007 - 01:34 PM

Why can't I download this? Every time I click on it, it opens, but it gives me no option to download it to my computer. Can somebody dumb it down for me? Thanks!

#43 nyrfann

nyrfann

CUW

• Members
  • 7,817 posts

Posted 11 April 2007 - 05:46 PM

Why can't I download this? Every time I click on it, it opens, but it gives me no option to download it to my computer. Can somebody dumb it down for me? Thanks!

After it's open click save to computer.

#44 madmol

madmol
  • Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 12 April 2007 - 11:25 AM

thanks, I really like this worksheet

#45 RoadtoSuccess

RoadtoSuccess
  • Members
  • 744 posts

Posted 12 April 2007 - 04:04 PM

Great tool! :good: Thanks for taking the time to create this!

However, I would like to change the formatting of the cells to include decimals instead of rounding off. On small balances, the interest column will indicate 0 when there is actually interest.

I would suggest posting the password so experienced XLers can modify to suit. If it gets screwed up, well, just download the original......

#46 nyrfann

nyrfann

CUW

• Members
  • 7,817 posts

Posted 12 April 2007 - 05:15 PM

Great tool! :yes2: Thanks for taking the time to create this!

However, I would like to change the formatting of the cells to include decimals instead of rounding off. On small balances, the interest column will indicate 0 when there is actually interest.

I would suggest posting the password so experienced XLers can modify to suit. If it gets screwed up, well, just download the original......

This is a great idea! i will ask Breeze to post a new SS and I will post the password, I will do this over the weekend. I cannot do it with the one listed as STUPID me forgot the password, this is all roboforms fault. I have the main one (With out password) on my home computer and won't be there till Saturday.

For all those this week that requested a non password protected sheet please check back here next week and it will be posted.

Edited by nyrfann, 12 April 2007 - 05:17 PM.

#47 LadyKnR

LadyKnR
  • Members
  • 675 posts

Posted 13 April 2007 - 01:42 PM

For all those this week that requested a non password protected sheet please check back here next week and it will be posted.

Thanks nyrfann, I'll be watching for the non-PP version!! It's a very handy tool, much cleaner than the XL sheet I had made up myself. :(

#48 RoadtoSuccess

RoadtoSuccess
  • Members
  • 744 posts

Posted 13 April 2007 - 02:54 PM

Great tool! :good: Thanks for taking the time to create this!

This is a great idea! i will ask Breeze to post a new SS and I will post the password, I will do this over the weekend. I cannot do it with the one listed as STUPID me forgot the password, this is all roboforms fault. I have the main one (With out password) on my home computer and won't be there till Saturday.

Thanks! That'll be great!

I was hoping to use the sort function to alphabetize the credit cards and maybe add some sort of "date paid" column.

Again, thanks a bunch for coming up with this sheet. I was in dire need of some organization other than a scribbled up piece of paper that I had been using....

#49 nyrfann

nyrfann

CUW

• Members
  • 7,817 posts

Posted 14 April 2007 - 07:18 AM

SPREADSHEET UPDATE

Hello Everybody,

I’ve just sent the new spreadsheet to Breeze to upload, I’ve ask him to post when it’s there.

With this sheet you will have the ability to unprotect it if you choose. This should only be done by the more experience users as with one wrong click you can easily mess something up and the sheet will not perform properly. For the people not to familiar with Excel the updated sheet can still be used as normal without fear of messing up formulas.

To unprotect the sheet do the following (Experienced users should know this):
Goto TOOLS>PROTECTION>UNPROTECT SHEET>PASSWORD
= credit

Edited by nyrfann, 14 April 2007 - 07:21 AM.

#50 nyrfann

nyrfann

CUW

• Members
  • 7,817 posts

Posted 14 April 2007 - 11:03 AM

SS is updated, thanks breeze!

Edited by nyrfann, 14 April 2007 - 11:05 AM.

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© Copyright 2003 - 2013 Creditboards.com. All rights reserved. No portion of this site may be reproduced without explicit permission from the owners. The content of creditboards.com is subject solely to the personal whim of its admins. We reserve the right, at our sole discretion, to remove any and all posts or comments, at any time, for any reason which takes our entirely capricious fancy, or for no particular reason whatsoever, without restriction. Comments or questions regarding the site may be addressed to admin@creditboards.com.