Welcome to CreditBoards!

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to CreditBoards! Like most online communities, you must register to post in our community, but don't worry - this is a simple process requiring minimal information for you to sign up. Be a part of CreditBoards by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Read These Items!

• If you're getting an Authentication mismatch error: Clear your cache. Log out of CB. Delete your cookie. Close your browser. Open your browser and log back in.

Photo

LUPOMAN's Success Story!

• Please log in to reply
70 replies to this topic

#51 jessical

jessical
  • Members
  • 42 posts

Posted 08 October 2008 - 02:02 PM

lupoman, i read your success story, and was curious how to deal with removing lates. i have MANY showing up on my reports.
today i started using Stryker's method, but i was wondering if you could share in detail how you addressed these?

Thanks in advance!

#52 lupoman

lupoman
  • Members
  • 712 posts

Posted 13 November 2008 - 11:22 AM

3/4 of my GOOOOOAAAAAAALLLL!!!!!

My last goal was all 3 scores above 760 (FICO High Achievers) and apply for a new Car loan!

Well guys its been a little while since I posted here. I have been quietly working on utilization on my credit reports. I also did battle with Wamu directly, by directly I mean actually sending an email directly to the the CEO after finding his email on LinkedIn.com. I posted the email on (is pretty much a Goodwill letter)Planet Feedback a good 3 weeks before I sent it to him. I gave them a chance to address my issue there. After I recieved no answer, but a lot of support from the members there, I sent it to him directly.

Well, about a month later I had already given up hope, and got an alert from Equifax. I figured it was just another $0 balance hitting the report. IT was not!! Wamu had removed all but a single late payment (which was my fault)!!!!! Gone were about 9 30 day lates in row!!!! Yes they were about 5 years ago, but they did give me a 12 point credit score boost!

I am still currently deployed to Afghanistan, I have less than a month left to go!!! So all of this repair/waiting game has been done via internet,emails, and a phone call to get rid of 2 non PP inquiry's on EQ. One I really have no idea who it was from or why. The second was from USAA, who pulled a hard pull for a credit line increase after assuring me that it would be a soft. After alot of nasty, angry emails back and forth they said they could not remove it, but if i disputed it with the credit bureau, it would be removed as they would not verify it, or verify it was in error. It was removed in 3 days from the time I disputed it.

Well that brings me to today. As we all know AMEX is always a month behind in reporting. It is not normally recommended to dispute a posotive tradeline, but hey i leave here in less than a month! So as soon as AMEX reported on the 9th of this month on EX i disputed the $2939 balance and included the correct balance of $0. Experian corrected the very next day. That same day it was corrected, EQ reported the same, (EQ is my primary focus, explained later) and i disputed it there too! Today EQ corrected the balance, which was good for 4 points.Yesterday I disputed the same on TU, it was also corrected this evening.

I have 3.2% utilization across the board on $68,500 of available credit! I am pressed for time (deployment) so thats gonna have to do for another 10 days before its paid off in full.

So, with out further adieu, These are my scores!!

Posted Image

Now here is my plan--
1. Pulled trigger with PenFed for a new car loan. (Payment saver Loan, is similar to a lease) and waiting for that answer. Once approved-
2. Apply for their credit card and LOC
3. Apply for Discover Card (To diversify, I have never had one, and after reading Creditmattersblog.com's article, it seemed like a smart thing to do!)
4. Will pull triggers on Navy Fed trilogy. As well as their LOC
5. Also following Creditmattersblog.com's (Marcus) lead, will apply for An AMEX Gold. (hey, no AMEX haters, I am not you, They have been good to me!)
6. Will do some research on a few more cards that are known to give high limits (any suggestions?)

Then I will be going Kona for a long while! The scores I posted above are the highest I have EVER SEEN on my reports! So time to Nuke them with new Apps! lol :lol: But in the long run it will be well worth the temporary drop in scores. Besides, I will be way to busy driving this-

Posted Image

I could have NEVER done this without CB!!You guys ROCK!! Keep in mind where i started!! Look at my scores in my Signature!! I took almost a 2 year break (2006 and 2007) from repairing my credit, and I had reached my initial goal of an AMEX at the time. But due to some High Utilization, (part of the second half of credit repair) my scores were not where I wanted them.

I wish I could thank each person individually, and i hate to name names because I may leave someone out! BUT, Marcus (aka Creditmattersblog.com) has been a huge help with his constant encouragement. GEORGE well, well for just being GEORGE, (yea man I am a fan! lol) Breeze, whom I don't see around as much, but was very active on here when I started my credit repair in 2005 (even mod-spanked me for a comment when I first joined, I didn't forget! lol) Hegemony, who is like a walking encyclopedia along with Pryan67! MarvBear- thanks for answering my endless Questions!!!! Kona, thanks for dropping in on us when we coined the term "Going Kona" wish we saw ya around more! BobWang, thanks for being my motivation on scores!! I am sorry if I didn't mention you here, You all Rock!!

Well, I am all done with repair and utilization. All remaining negatives will all fall off in the first 4 months of 2009!! Clean reports!! Now just not trapping myself in the utilization snare again is my constant goal. PIF each month is my only mission in life, and driving the hell outta that car!!!!

THANKS TO ALL OF YOU HERE ON CB!! NEVER GIVE UP!

"Cant never did, cause can't never tried!" "Keep on, keeping on" and Dont take NO for an answer!

#53 hegemony

hegemony

Area Man

• Members
  • 68,309 posts

Posted 14 November 2008 - 05:39 PM

keep up the great work lupoman! I wish you all future success.

#54 maimai

maimai
  • Spammer
  • 3 posts

Posted 26 November 2008 - 08:52 PM

Hello every one!Good happiness and have a good day to you.I'm new member in here.Hope I can learn more from this forums :-D

#55 lupoman

lupoman
  • Members
  • 712 posts

Posted 28 November 2008 - 08:32 AM

Hi all! As promised I said I would Post the results of my application spree!! This was over the course of Two days. I Had Mostly great success, with a Roller Coaster of a ride, especially with some Cause and affect issues. When I started my Pre-Kona spree of applications I had $67,297 (odd number thanks to WAMU) Total credit across 12 Cards. My credit scores were-
Posted Image
Posted Image

FAKO scores provided for those that just like to compare, as you can see, they mean nothing, but are fairly close on EQ.

My first Target- My car Loan, That was MOST important to me, so I would not apply for ANYTHING until it was approved, and more importantly disbursed (paid out)

PENFED

Payment Saver Auto Loan in the amount of $33,800- APPROVED!!
Personally I think this is one of the Best loans out there. Lowest possible payments, but able to be paid off early with no penalty. Is nice if you know you will be able to pay the car off in a few years- early, just not right now!

Visa Platinum Rewards card (aka 5% gas cash back card) Requested $25,000 APPROVED!!

PENFED OVERDRAFT PROTECTION Requested $5000, Counter-Offer for $500, Heck I'll take it!!

VISA GOLD Requested $20,000- DENIED!

No reason given for the Denial yet, Dont really care! I got my CAR and a 25k CARD! My Highest card EVER! AND my dream Car!!

Next-
NAVY FEDERAL CREDIT UNION

Flagship Rewards Requested $25,000 APPROVED!! But for $15,000.

GO REWARDS I requested $20,000 APPROVED!! But for $10,000.

NAVCHECK Line of Credit (overdraft protection) Requested $5,000,APPROVED!!

Navy Federal kinda turned into a hassle, I applied for everything on Nov 14,but wasnt approved until 11/26. They needed a SSN Card to be faxed with other proof of ID. As you guys know, I am Deployed, they do not want us to bring important documents such as these to Iraq and Afghanistan. Eventually I was able to send other forms of ID. But I do like their products, and there is a branch not far from where I live.

American Express

BOOOO HISSSSSSSSS Ya, ya, ya, this isnt a AMEX Haters thread, dont care weather you like them or not. My Goal back in 2005 was a AMEX card. I got it in the form of a Delta Sky Miles. That was good enough for me at the time. But to me not an official AMEX PIF each month card.

Posted Image- APPROVED!!

Now Comes the fun part, and the AMEX Haters will love this one. I Have been getting at least 2 soft pulls a month from AMEX for AAR's I even got 4 one month!They have been steady Pulling for the last 9 months. I Have never been late, pay more than whats due, $0 Balance etc etc. Well yesterday I got the dreaded email From AMEX. My $15,000 CL On my Delta SkyMiles was now $1,100!! :good: :rofl: Yes, One thousand, one hundred dollars lol. For reference, I have a very old Household bank card with that kind of limit! lol

I am assuming they Pulled and AAR and saw all of these INQ all of the sudden. Plus, maybe me applying for their gold card spooked them. I dunno, it sux, because they were my highest limit card, and I used them alot, especially for the Miles. Then I remember my PENFED and Flagship cards and all is well lol. Its good to be in a Position that you dont really need them when they do this to you. I will post the EMails I sent customer service, its comical.

DISCOVER

Posted ImageApplied for the Discover More Card APPROVED!! $8000 limit!!

Applied for this one mostly to diversify.(Creditmattersblog.com advise) Plus I have never had one before so thought I would give it a whirl. 5% cash back aint bad at all, and up to 20%? Thats Kick-Ass!

AMERIPRISE WORLD ELITE

The Credit Boards thread is going on 43 pages strong! I applied for this card back around July/Aug with a 701. Was denied. But i kept them in the back of my mind because of the Benefits of the card, and its a TU Pull (a rarity).

So I applied for the AMERIPRISE WORLD ELITE CARD APPROVED!! $15,000 LIMIT! (SCREW YOU AMEX!)

CAPITAL ONE

Yes Capital ONE, AKA CRAPITAL ONE. What can I say, they have been good to me, and gave me credit when nobody would. I have a starter card that has topped out at $2500 limit. I talked to a nice guy at the Magic Number who said Its my card, they cant move it any higher. Its one of those $300 limit cards from back in the day! lol He said the only way i could get a higher limit was to apply for another card through them. Well, ok i'll play that game.

APPLIED For the NO Hassel points rewards I dont Know if I was approved or not, It wasn't Instant, But saw all 3 credit reports pulled (Which is why I saved it for last)

GE CAR CARE ONE

Posted Image

Ok Here Is My oddball. I See the Car Care One Card at alot of the palces I shop for goodies for my car, as well as Exxon and other places. No real great Benifits, except for a few of the racing stores. The roadside assistance aint bad. Free the first year. APPROVED!! $5000

But most of all, besides that Car Note Now, I AM TOTALLY DEBT FREE!

Well all, There You have it! My EQ and TU credit watchers are going nuts, as well as Credit check Total lol with all the account changes/ Inquires

PENFED- $25,500 In new credit (Not counting the Car loan) PENFED was MY WHITE WHALE
Navy Fed- $30,000
Discover- $8000
Car Care- $5000
AMERIPRISE-$15000

TOTAL- $83,500 In new Credit!!

Thats more than I had to start with!!! Add that to the $67,297 I already had For a total of $150,797!! Minus the AMEX Fiasco of $13900=

$136,897 In total Credit lines!!!

THANK YOU CB!

Edited by lupoman, 28 November 2008 - 08:36 AM.

#56 wanabe

wanabe
  • Members
  • 2,437 posts

Posted 28 November 2008 - 12:44 PM

Congrats lupo, that is great to get all those cards.
If you get a new fico after everything hits, would like to know
the effects. I wanted to apply for about 6 but was to chicken
and only did 3 now and saving 3 in a year.

#57 clambert1273

clambert1273

Exception to the Rule

• Members
  • 5,827 posts

Posted 14 March 2009 - 11:11 AM

All I can say is WOW.... I took some time off of repair because I got bogged down and very very unmotivated...

thank you for your story! I understand it is important to have a goal... Mine is 620 (for now) AND this:

Posted Image

Thank you for sharing your story... I KNOW I can do it :rolleyes:

#58 v8envy

v8envy
  • Members
  • 564 posts

Posted 26 October 2010 - 03:21 PM

My First post, wanted to use it to give congrats to the man, I'm a month in started at 550's fako now at 630's FICO Can't wait to have over $100000 in available credit... I guess I am a few years away... Thanks again for sharing your story!

#59 Rebuilding2010

Rebuilding2010

Spoiled Influence

• Members
  • 2,951 posts

Posted 26 October 2010 - 04:55 PM

Use your first post to resurrect a thread that was started 4 years ago and hasn't been posted in for a year and a half? Yeah that's normal, lol

#60 Guest_ichliebe_*

Guest_ichliebe_*
  • Guests

Posted 25 January 2011 - 06:41 AM

Congratulation!

#61 john carlos

john carlos
  • Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 19 July 2011 - 03:14 PM

:clapping: Congrats man!!! You have motivated me to clean up my credit once and for all. My goal is to get an American Express Card!!!! After reading your post I now know it's possible

#62 bcg513

bcg513
  • Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 05 February 2012 - 01:35 PM

Thank you very much for you story. I am amazed and inspired by your story. I am starting my credit repair this month. I goal is amex. Look for my posts.

#63 Rachel2982

Rachel2982
  • Newbies
  • 2 posts

Posted 27 February 2012 - 01:49 AM

I am just getting started, any suggestions? I am studying to become a loan orginator and my job will be on the line if I do not get my credit score up.

#64 Ibelieve

Ibelieve
  • Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 05 May 2012 - 11:27 PM

I am just getting started, any suggestions? I am studying to become a loan orginator and my job will be on the line if I do not get my credit score up.

#65 Ibelieve

Ibelieve
  • Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 05 May 2012 - 11:41 PM

What are your scores? I am also a Loan Originator , but my license was cancel in January since, fail the NMLS test and run out of time to retake it But, I will apply again and this time I will take classes before I attempt the test. When they run my credit back on Dec 2010 I had a 620 with 8 yr BK and I was clear to go; However, What they are really looking for is Fraud, legal problems with money etc....GOOD LUCK!

#66 Restored01

Restored01
  • Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 07 July 2012 - 06:05 AM

Congratulation! What amajor accomplish….

#67 gevans10

gevans10
  • Members
  • 64 posts

Posted 28 July 2012 - 08:45 PM

Well done!!! And thank you sir for your service.

#68 ubermama

ubermama
  • Members
  • 273 posts

Posted 15 August 2012 - 05:00 PM

lupoman, you are a CREDIT WARRIOR. Mind officially blown.

Thank you for your service, first and foremost, and also for this amazing story.

#69 Leeware

Leeware
  • Members
  • 541 posts

Posted 25 August 2012 - 07:49 PM

Congrats on your credit journey...and most importantly..THANK you for your service and dedication to secure the security and freedom of our country. We appreciate those who have made it their job to make sure we continue to enjoy freedom. God bless you and all servicemen....and a special thanks to the fallen and their families...their sacrifice is not taken for granted!

#70 TheBlueberry

TheBlueberry
  • Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 29 October 2012 - 01:49 AM

Lupoman congrats on your amazing journey! It is VERY inspiring!

Could you please PM the name and contact info of that Verizon lady (Jeannette). I would REALLY appreciate it! Right now I am unable to PM anyone.

Thank you!

#71 Fico Power Activate!

Fico Power Activate!
  • Members
  • 122 posts

Posted 29 October 2012 - 11:28 PM

Awesome!!! I am slowly but surely working on my repairing my credit. I would love to get an AMEX card. Thanks for sharing your story and yes CB is the bomb dot com!!!

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© Copyright 2003 - 2013 Creditboards.com. All rights reserved. No portion of this site may be reproduced without explicit permission from the owners. The content of creditboards.com is subject solely to the personal whim of its admins. We reserve the right, at our sole discretion, to remove any and all posts or comments, at any time, for any reason which takes our entirely capricious fancy, or for no particular reason whatsoever, without restriction. Comments or questions regarding the site may be addressed to admin@creditboards.com.