Welcome to CreditBoards!

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to CreditBoards! Like most online communities, you must register to post in our community, but don't worry - this is a simple process requiring minimal information for you to sign up. Be a part of CreditBoards by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Read These Items!

• If you're getting an Authentication mismatch error: Clear your cache. Log out of CB. Delete your cookie. Close your browser. Open your browser and log back in.

Photo

LUPOMAN's Success Story!

• Please log in to reply
70 replies to this topic

#1 lupoman

lupoman
  • Members
  • 712 posts

Posted 24 December 2006 - 06:12 PM

Just an update! I am back from IRAQ!! Well been back since March! Just letting things settle down and geting back into civilian mode again.

I reached my primary goal- AMERICAN EXPRESS!

But not only that i have alot of credit! Well coming from a guy who started with this-

Posted Image

6 Crappy credit cards-

Providian: $1925
Crapital One: $300
First Premier Bank: $300 (RUN! dont walk away from these guys!)
Household Bank: $500

BADDIES-

1. American General Loan: Closed was 120 days late (all 3 CRA's)

2. Crapital one- ($700 limit)closed was 150 days late!account closed by credit grantor (i closed it, not them)

3. Crapitol one- ($500 limit) closed 30 days late 6 times

4. Crapital one- ($700 limit)closed was 150 days late! YES, A SECOND ONE!

5. First Hawaiian Bank Yes Check (overdraft protection)- closed30 days late (ouch, that one stings a little)

6. First Premier Bank- ($300 limit) open 2 30 day lates, neither my fault, will explain later.

7. First Premier Bank- ($450 limit) closed was 60 days late

8. First Premier Bank- ($600 limit) closed was 30 days late - Reports on TU only, No idea who or what this account is/was.

9. Military Star Card (Department store card) CHARGE OFF $3125 balance, acct status open

10. NEX Card (Navy Department store Card) CHARGE OFF $3816 balance, account staus open on EQ and TU, closed on EX

11. NCO Financial- everyone loves these guys! Collection Account for $1286 Verizon wireless (long story short- Sig other got me a phone when mine broke, stopped paying bill)

12. Providian- open was 30 days late , on EX was 30 days late 6 times!!

13. Vericheck- Returned Check reporting on EQ only

14. Vericheck- Returned Check reporting on EQ only (yes a second one)

15. Verizon Wireless- CHARGE OFF $1286 see #11

16. VW Credit- car loan, closed, open on TU, 2 30 day lates

WHEW!

Talk about having my work cut out for me!! So here is my story-

In 1998 i went through a divorce, i was in the military still so i told the wife she could have everything except the car (in my name only), the computer, and the entertainment center with everything in it. The rest was all hers, furniture etc. The only problem with that was i still had the bills for some of that stuff. Well i was now making less money (single military guys make less $$ than married guys in the military) but still had the same bills. I picked up a second job while active duty as a security guard making a little extra money but working like a dog. But being newly single and still young i wasted a lot of my paychecks on things i HAD to have but didnt necessarily NEED. On top of that going out parting with the other single guys spending more money didnt help.

Slowly but surely bills started getting behind, i didn't think it mattered being late to pay a bill, i'd just "double up" the next month!Soon after that happened i started to apply for more credit. I understood the importance of HAVING good credit, but not really the importance of KEEPING good credit. After many denial letters i figured my credit was really messed up.

Fast forward to Oct 11, 2001, the month after Sept 11, 2001. This was the month i was getting out of active duty and was supposed to go to work at a great paying job i had lined up back in July. Well, i live on an Island (Hawaii), the economy is tourist based. There were not alot of tourist flying around in the months after 9/11. Therefore there were massive lay-offs in Hawaii. This included that job i had lined up. I then had the National Guard (one weekend a month, 2 weeks a year) as my sole income! I found Temp work here and there, but it sucked. On top of that, the ex wife wanted $480 dollars a month that she was getting while i was active duty! I was getting $990 in unemployment per month! Things were getting ugly!

Its now March 2002, my credit is crushed due to 3 Charge offs, tons of late payments, living on credit cards (easy to max a $300 credit card) and no Job.

Well thanks to my NEW Significant other (GF) she helped me along through these rough spots. I lived with her (would probably be homeless on the income i was making). Things started looking up, i got a job i have wanted to do since i was a little kid! I am a Cop NOW! The Pay wasnt all that great for Hawaii, but there is something about going to work and being happy, vs a well paying job you hate. I chose the first, mainly due to my sweetheart supporting me in my choice of wanting to do something i loved.

I was making payments now, mostly on time, i went through a bill consolidation company called Clarion, which is good and bad, they lowered my total payments to one single payment instead of going in all different directions. The only trouble with that is that they closed (or the creditors) most all of my credit accounts as a condition of lowering my payments.

Fast forward again to August 2004, my National guard unit came down on orders for Iraq! If any of you are military or married to one, its a mixed feeling of being scared and looking forward to the adventure. I wont get political here by making any statements. But its something i trained for 10 years to do, and suddenly i was going to do it for real.

While training in Texas to goto Iraq around October 2004, i was making much more money than i had as a cop, so i started looking at my credit again, i wanted nicer stuff! The irony of it all lol. That thinking is what got me into this. So i started using the internet to find out about my credit. I think i waded through 30 sites before i found this one, most of them wanted you to send them money for credit repair kits, or they were speaking all kinds of credit jargon that i didnt understand.

Then i found Creditboards! HOLY CRAP! This is what i had been looking for!! It was the best organized, easiest to navigate, and had a Noobie section just for me!! So i started reading in my spare time, and reading, and reading, and re-reading, and reading, deploying to Iraq in February, reading, getting internet in my room re-reading what i had forgotten, and reading some more. I wanted to make sure i understood what i was doing, as well as what others on the creditboards were doing and what they were talking about. More importantly i was deftly afraid of asking a question that had literally been asked thousands of times before. SEARCH FUNCTION IS YOUR FRIEND!

AND SO I BEGIN

Well Back then in April 2005, i noticed that most people that were serious on Creditboards (CB from now on) were subscribing to Mycreditkeeper. So i did what those that were successful were doing, i joined too! This would be my daily monitoring credit report. Then i got a copy of my credit report from each CRA (Credit Reporting Agency)online, Man talk about almost falling on the floor when seeing my credit report for the first time! I then decided to buy a FICO score so i could use it as a benchmark of my success/failures. (see above score). This was done in one day, i spent the next week pouring over my plan of attack and CB.

After reading the noob section so much i knew the first thing to do was OPT OUT, that was easy. Then dispute all names and addresses. This seemed trivial to me at first, I WANTED THOSE BADDIES OFF! But this is one of THE most important things to do. If the bad addresses and misspelled names are not on your credit report, then thats one less thing that the CRA can use to verify with.

ADDRESSES

Now this is important- I WANTED THIS STUFF GONE! So i did the address and names by Phone (a normal no-no but it mostly worked, i would not talk about anything else on the credit report to the CSR (Customer Service Rep) at the 3 CRA's. I would simply say that i was looking at my credit report i got online and noticed that these names were obviously mis-spelled, i never lived at these addresses, which was true because in my mind if there was any mis-spelling, anything out of place, anything different than my real address spelled correctly then it is NOT MINE, i don't spell it that may, the post office don't spell it that way, so its wrong. For example- 1450 Huron lane is my address, not 145 Huron Lane, not 1450 Hurun Lane. I dont know where those places are much less if they exist, therefore they are NOT MINE.

I then marked the ones the CSR said were tied to a trade line, I did not want to argue or anything on the phone, I made small talk (being in IRAQ helped), and i got all my names corrected, an erroneous SSN deleted, and about 12 address removed from each credit report (give or take one or 2 address).

After getting off the phone i went straight to my barracks room and prepared a Certified Return Receipt requested letter to remove the remaining addresses. Within 2 weeks almost all were gone Experian is the pain in the ass here. They only removed a cpl of address, they are there to this day. EQ AND TU all address were deleted except my current home addresses.

TRADELINES/BADDIES

I know this is getting long winded but i wanted to tell the [b]whole[/b] story and what i went through. Keep in mind that all of this was done in Iraq, in between Patrols, i did not have a cushy desk-job. I would come back to my room exhausted, but couldn't wait to check my credit report to see if anything new had happened

My first plan of attack-

Its Now the Middle of May 2005.

When i saw the first addresses start falling off the Credit reports i knew they had my letter, so i fired off another letter disputing all 16 negative tradelines to all 3 CRA's.

At the same time i prepared:

NCO- a 1-2 punch
Vericheck- A Nutcase letter
Verizon Wireless- A goodwill letter combined with a pay for deletion. This was my dumb mistake (the debt), it was money i owed them, i didnt wanna try to get rid of it, i wanted to take care of what i owed.
NEX- goodwill/payfor deletion letter

RESULTS- (20 days later) June 7, 2005

NCO- Folded! OFF ALL 3 credit reports!!
Vericheck- PFD letter sent to me, i owed 35 bucks apparently, and deleted
First Hawaiian Bank- shows current, no lates, after a not mine
NEX- Received Pay for deletion contract in writing
Verizon Wireless- Received an acceptance of pay for deletion if i call in 4 days ( i called, we made terms, payed first half then on the phone, second half at end of month. Was in contact via email with a nice woman with verizon named Jeanette, letting me know when the deletion letters were being sent out ect. (PM if you need her email)

LETTERS I USED, CLICK HERE
FICO in 2 months

Posted Image

NEXT ROUND-

My next plan of attack was to start picking on inaccuracies since most of the Not mines came back verified. Things such as demanding deletion due to innacurate reporting of accounts open, when they should be closed, never late on everything. And to also start applying for some secured cards to raise my score.

RESULTS-

American General- never late on EQ, pay history deleted on TU/EX, but still showing late 90/120
Capitol One- 150 day lates Deleted! Current pays as agreed on all 3 CRA!
Capitol One- 30 day late, 6 times deleted! current never late on all three!
Capitol One- SECOND 150 day lates Deleted! Current pays as agreed on all 3 CRA!
First premier- Unknown account on TU- updated to pays as agreed never late :huh: - ok, ill take that
Military star card- Charge-off updated to account transferred or sold. Better than charge off i guess, 0 balance
Navy Exchange - CHARGE OFF- deleted off EQ , reinserted on EX
VERIZON- CHARGE OFF- DELETED off all 3 CRA's! Reinserted on TU PFB!! Click here for thread
VW- NEVER LATE! all 3!!

new credit since repair started:
1) US Bank Korean air (secured $1000) at THIS thread
2) juniper carnival cruise card at THIS thread. $1500 limit
3) Providian CLI from $1925 to $2925!!!! due to fico jump albeit! auto increase after nothing for a year. yahoo.gif
4) Bank of America $99/$500 card on the way (got the offer after phone reconsider after denial for regular credit card)CALL FOR RECONSIDERATION!!
5) household bank (orchard) CLI from $500-$900. Still sock drawered! java script:emoticon
6) New military star card- $3000 limit! Applied and got approved the day i paid off the charge off!!

NEW FICO! 3 Months after starting, ALMOST TO THE DAY!!

Posted Image

PHASE 3

Its now the middle of AUGUST, i Have my first Purple Heart, second will come in October, as well as the loss of a close friend.

Plan of Attack- APPLY for better Cards, close Junk Cards, delete any old trade lines for age that were baddies keep hammering away at tradelines that wont budge. Go after re-inserted address that popped back on. Mostly all done using online disputes.

RESULTS-

Household Bank- CLI from $700 to $900 :glare:
Second Juniper Bank TL - Tesoro card

and , DRUMROLL PLEASE!!

Posted ImageDELTA PLATINUM AMERICAN EXPRESS!!! $5000 CL!!!!!!Posted Image

My GOAL REACHED!!! COWBELLS!!!!!!!

Credit scores at this time (10/1/2006)

TU=667
EX=651
EQ=617

From here on out i slowed down dramatically. I wanted an AMEX and i got it, that was my goal.

I worked on my credit off and on mostly applying. Some baddies fell off. others did not.

My Current FICO-

http://i5.photobucke.../12-23-2006.jpg

So now my next goal is to break 700

Here are my BADDIES as of 12/23/2006

TU

1) Military Star- Still listed as -transfered or sold account, was collection account . TU has it also listed "was a charge off. It IS a charge off, a paid Charge off! :P
2) American General- 90 day late
3) First premier bank- 30 day late
4) Capitol one- This is what sucked. I disputed a TL that said it was open when it should have been closed and got my 120 (was 150) late back!
5) Capitol One- again disputed something else on the TL got a 30 day late back!

EQ

1) Military Star- Currently listed as 120 days past due! :o i think i would rather it say transferred or sold lol it was paid off in may-june of 2005
2) American General- Currently 90 days past due- paid off in 2004 :angry:
3) First Premier- was 30 days late
4) First Premier- was 30 days late
5) VW credit - was 90 days late
6) Providian (aka washington mutual)- was 30 days late

EX

The bane, i hate Experian the most. They wont even investigate something online when u show them its wrong. Then try and look for their address anywhere on their website, call their 1800 number and their address is buried in voicemail recordings. I was surprised they even gave me an option to re-play their address, i assumed i had to hang up and remember how i got down the phone tree to their address!

Account current status Worst Delinquency
1) MILITARY STAR- Account transferred to another office Charge Off, Collection, Or Bankruptcy

2) CAP ONE BK- Credit line closed/not paying as agreed 150 days delinquent

3) NAVY EXCHANGE Paid account/was a collection account, insurance claim or government claim or was terminated for default I HAVE A PAY FOR DELETION you $%$&$!! Charge Off, Collection, Or Bankruptcy

4) AMERICAN GENERAL Paid account/was 120 days past due date 120 days delinquent

5) VW CREDIT Paid account/was 60 days past due date 60 days delinquent

6) FIRST PREMIER BANK Paid account/was 30 days past due date two or three times 30 days delinquent

7) FIRST PREMIER BANK Paid account/was 30 days past due 30 days delinquent

8) WASH MUTUAL/PROVIDIAN Current account/was 30 days past due date six times or more 30 days delinquent

Well and there ya have it, mostly all lates. this is off of fico reports.
Can Experian really list your deliquency in your current status ? i mean putting "was" in front of it makes it ok?

Now my Credit lines!! :blink:

AMERICAN EXPRESS
- Inital 5k limit and 19%apr Now - $15000 and 14.5% (luv Button! and calls)
I would call AMEX and say "hi i am a cardholder and i just got a new USAA card with a higher credit limit, i would like to keep AMEX as my day to day spending card (they luve that, they see $$ signs) but the USAA card has a higher credit limit/lower intrest rate. You think u guys can at least match it so i can keep spending my money with you instead of USAA? They usually jump through Hoops!

Then i would call USAA and have the same conversation, just change the names around. LOL

USAA! - started at $2500 17% apr, CLI to $5000 and 14%, Did balance Transfer from AMEX $7000 CLI and 4.9% LUVING USAA!! Nobody can touch their insurance rates, least for me anyway.

Bank of America- $500 They unsecured my cash after only 6 months and refunded it to me! I have my daughter as an AU on this account. I will keep it at $500 limit thank you very much <_<

JUNIPER- CARNIVAL Sea Miles - $1500 limit (my first credit card approval ) 20.24% intrest :swoon: been sockdrawred

JUNIPER- TESORO Gas- $1000 limit- 17.24% sock drawer

JUNIPER- ITUNES!- $2500 limit! Man i was happy bout that!! thought it was one i would use alot! till i saw the intrest, 22.74% guess small charges and PIF each month!

CAPITOL One- Combined the 3 $300 dollar Cards into 1 card (i picked the oldest account for age) got automatic CLI from $900 to $2000. still sock drawered! :beee:

Household Bank (AKA 1-800 india) - Called for a CLI from $900, this is one of my oldest cards! Was told "i understand why you feel that way" more times than i care to remember in a thick indonesian accent. I swear i dont think they understood half of what i was asking. I was on the verge of testing this therory by saying "it Burns when i Pee!" "Oh Mr. Lupoman we understand why you feel that way" anyway they asked be for $20 to raise my limit $200!! lmao get real! i hung up on them.

MACY's Card- Really only got it for the 20% off first purchase. $600 limit

MILITARY STAR- Its a Love hate relationship. On the one hand they have this charge off on my credit report. But the day they recieved paymenton the charge off, is the day they issued me another card with a $3000 limit! Now that card's CL is up to $9225!! Do they ever learn? but thanks for the second chance!

US Bank- Korean Air Secured ($1000 limit) I CLOSED this account after 1 year, i used them to help up my scores and get better cards. Nice to use them, they seem to always use us!

TOTAL CREDIT At START OF CREDIT REPAIR- $3625
TOTAL CREDIT At This Point of CREDIT REPAIR- $38,425
Thanking CB and Hearing COWBELLS!- PRICELESS!

http://i5.photobucke...moreCowbell.gif

There are alot of peeps to thank, George, Pryan67, Breeze, StupidCredit, Dolemite73, NurseyPoo, and all the words of encouragement from everyone!!

If i could do this in Iraq, well, whats your reason for not sticking to it, dont loose the faith- faith in yourself, you CAN do it and you WILL do it. But the peeps on this board wont do it FOR you. Step up to the plate, you got it in ya.

Starting my trek to 700! Wish me luck!

Edited by lupoman, 24 December 2006 - 06:30 PM.

#2 brazen

brazen

Thing Two

• Forum Leads
  • 2,446 posts

Posted 24 December 2006 - 06:49 PM

Congrats on your success!!!!!

Wondering where the heck you been!!!! <_< :blink: :P

#3 littlelabkisses

littlelabkisses
  • Members
  • 37 posts

Posted 24 December 2006 - 06:53 PM

Congrats!!! You have given me hope again.

Now...Go, go, go to 700!

#4 lupoman

lupoman
  • Members
  • 712 posts

Posted 24 December 2006 - 06:56 PM

hey alaska!

Been enjoying the hawaii beach! kinda hard to tear away from to sit at a puter to write that long of a story! lol

#5 just123

just123
  • Members
  • 257 posts

Posted 24 December 2006 - 07:00 PM

Great Job. Gives me hope.

Just an update! I am back from IRAQ!! Well been back since March! Just letting things settle down and geting back into civilian mode again.

I reached my primary goal- AMERICAN EXPRESS!

But not only that i have alot of credit! Well coming from a guy who started with this-

Posted Image

6 Crappy credit cards-

Providian: $1925
First Premier Bank: $300 (RUN! dont walk away from these guys!)
Household Bank: $500

BADDIES-

1. American General Loan: Closed was 120 days late (all 3 CRA's)

2. Crapital one- ($700 limit)closed was 150 days late!account closed by credit grantor (i closed it, not them)

3. Crapitol one- ($500 limit) closed 30 days late 6 times

4. Crapital one- ($700 limit)closed was 150 days late! YES, A SECOND ONE!

5. First Hawaiian Bank Yes Check (overdraft protection)- closed30 days late (ouch, that one stings a little)

6. First Premier Bank- ($300 limit) open 2 30 day lates, neither my fault, will explain later.

7. First Premier Bank- ($450 limit) closed was 60 days late

8. First Premier Bank- ($600 limit) closed was 30 days late - Reports on TU only, No idea who or what this account is/was.

9. Military Star Card (Department store card) CHARGE OFF $3125 balance, acct status open

10. NEX Card (Navy Department store Card) CHARGE OFF $3816 balance, account staus open on EQ and TU, closed on EX

11. NCO Financial- everyone loves these guys! Collection Account for $1286 Verizon wireless (long story short- Sig other got me a phone when mine broke, stopped paying bill)

12. Providian- open was 30 days late , on EX was 30 days late 6 times!!

13. Vericheck- Returned Check reporting on EQ only

14. Vericheck- Returned Check reporting on EQ only (yes a second one)

16. VW Credit- car loan, closed, open on TU, 2 30 day lates

WHEW!

Talk about having my work cut out for me!! So here is my story-

In 1998 i went through a divorce, i was in the military still so i told the wife she could have everything except the car (in my name only), the computer, and the entertainment center with everything in it. The rest was all hers, furniture etc. The only problem with that was i still had the bills for some of that stuff. Well i was now making less money (single military guys make less $$ than married guys in the military) but still had the same bills. I picked up a second job while active duty as a security guard making a little extra money but working like a dog. But being newly single and still young i wasted a lot of my paychecks on things i HAD to have but didnt necessarily NEED. On top of that going out parting with the other single guys spending more money didnt help.

Slowly but surely bills started getting behind, i didn't think it mattered being late to pay a bill, i'd just "double up" the next month!Soon after that happened i started to apply for more credit. I understood the importance of HAVING good credit, but not really the importance of KEEPING good credit. After many denial letters i figured my credit was really messed up.

Fast forward to Oct 11, 2001, the month after Sept 11, 2001. This was the month i was getting out of active duty and was supposed to go to work at a great paying job i had lined up back in July. Well, i live on an Island (Hawaii), the economy is tourist based. There were not alot of tourist flying around in the months after 9/11. Therefore there were massive lay-offs in Hawaii. This included that job i had lined up. I then had the National Guard (one weekend a month, 2 weeks a year) as my sole income! I found Temp work here and there, but it sucked. On top of that, the ex wife wanted $480 dollars a month that she was getting while i was active duty! I was getting $990 in unemployment per month! Things were getting ugly!

Its now March 2002, my credit is crushed due to 3 Charge offs, tons of late payments, living on credit cards (easy to max a $300 credit card) and no Job.

Well thanks to my NEW Significant other (GF) she helped me along through these rough spots. I lived with her (would probably be homeless on the income i was making). Things started looking up, i got a job i have wanted to do since i was a little kid! I am a Cop NOW! The Pay wasnt all that great for Hawaii, but there is something about going to work and being happy, vs a well paying job you hate. I chose the first, mainly due to my sweetheart supporting me in my choice of wanting to do something i loved.

I was making payments now, mostly on time, i went through a bill consolidation company called Clarion, which is good and bad, they lowered my total payments to one single payment instead of going in all different directions. The only trouble with that is that they closed (or the creditors) most all of my credit accounts as a condition of lowering my payments.

Fast forward again to August 2004, my National guard unit came down on orders for Iraq! If any of you are military or married to one, its a mixed feeling of being scared and looking forward to the adventure. I wont get political here by making any statements. But its something i trained for 10 years to do, and suddenly i was going to do it for real.

While training in Texas to goto Iraq around October 2004, i was making much more money than i had as a cop, so i started looking at my credit again, i wanted nicer stuff! The irony of it all lol. That thinking is what got me into this. So i started using the internet to find out about my credit. I think i waded through 30 sites before i found this one, most of them wanted you to send them money for credit repair kits, or they were speaking all kinds of credit jargon that i didnt understand.

Then i found Creditboards! HOLY CRAP! This is what i had been looking for!! It was the best organized, easiest to navigate, and had a Noobie section just for me!! So i started reading in my spare time, and reading, and reading, and re-reading, and reading, deploying to Iraq in February, reading, getting internet in my room re-reading what i had forgotten, and reading some more. I wanted to make sure i understood what i was doing, as well as what others on the creditboards were doing and what they were talking about. More importantly i was deftly afraid of asking a question that had literally been asked thousands of times before. SEARCH FUNCTION IS YOUR FRIEND!

AND SO I BEGIN

Well Back then in April 2005, i noticed that most people that were serious on Creditboards (CB from now on) were subscribing to Mycreditkeeper. So i did what those that were successful were doing, i joined too! This would be my daily monitoring credit report. Then i got a copy of my credit report from each CRA (Credit Reporting Agency)online, Man talk about almost falling on the floor when seeing my credit report for the first time! I then decided to buy a FICO score so i could use it as a benchmark of my success/failures. (see above score). This was done in one day, i spent the next week pouring over my plan of attack and CB.

After reading the noob section so much i knew the first thing to do was OPT OUT, that was easy. Then dispute all names and addresses. This seemed trivial to me at first, I WANTED THOSE BADDIES OFF! But this is one of THE most important things to do. If the bad addresses and misspelled names are not on your credit report, then thats one less thing that the CRA can use to verify with.

ADDRESSES

Now this is important- I WANTED THIS STUFF GONE! So i did the address and names by Phone (a normal no-no but it mostly worked, i would not talk about anything else on the credit report to the CSR (Customer Service Rep) at the 3 CRA's. I would simply say that i was looking at my credit report i got online and noticed that these names were obviously mis-spelled, i never lived at these addresses, which was true because in my mind if there was any mis-spelling, anything out of place, anything different than my real address spelled correctly then it is NOT MINE, i don't spell it that may, the post office don't spell it that way, so its wrong. For example- 1450 Huron lane is my address, not 145 Huron Lane, not 1450 Hurun Lane. I dont know where those places are much less if they exist, therefore they are NOT MINE.

I then marked the ones the CSR said were tied to a trade line, I did not want to argue or anything on the phone, I made small talk (being in IRAQ helped), and i got all my names corrected, an erroneous SSN deleted, and about 12 address removed from each credit report (give or take one or 2 address).

After getting off the phone i went straight to my barracks room and prepared a Certified Return Receipt requested letter to remove the remaining addresses. Within 2 weeks almost all were gone Experian is the pain in the ass here. They only removed a cpl of address, they are there to this day. EQ AND TU all address were deleted except my current home addresses.

TRADELINES/BADDIES

I know this is getting long winded but i wanted to tell the [b]whole[/b] story and what i went through. Keep in mind that all of this was done in Iraq, in between Patrols, i did not have a cushy desk-job. I would come back to my room exhausted, but couldn't wait to check my credit report to see if anything new had happened

My first plan of attack-

Its Now the Middle of May 2005.

When i saw the first addresses start falling off the Credit reports i knew they had my letter, so i fired off another letter disputing all 16 negative tradelines to all 3 CRA's.

At the same time i prepared:

NCO- a 1-2 punch
Vericheck- A Nutcase letter
Verizon Wireless- A goodwill letter combined with a pay for deletion. This was my dumb mistake (the debt), it was money i owed them, i didnt wanna try to get rid of it, i wanted to take care of what i owed.
NEX- goodwill/payfor deletion letter

RESULTS- (20 days later) June 7, 2005

NCO- Folded! OFF ALL 3 credit reports!!
Vericheck- PFD letter sent to me, i owed 35 bucks apparently, and deleted
First Hawaiian Bank- shows current, no lates, after a not mine
NEX- Received Pay for deletion contract in writing
Verizon Wireless- Received an acceptance of pay for deletion if i call in 4 days ( i called, we made terms, payed first half then on the phone, second half at end of month. Was in contact via email with a nice woman with verizon named Jeanette, letting me know when the deletion letters were being sent out ect. (PM if you need her email)

FICO in 2 months

Posted Image

NEXT ROUND-

My next plan of attack was to start picking on inaccuracies since most of the Not mines came back verified. Things such as demanding deletion due to innacurate reporting of accounts open, when they should be closed, never late on everything. And to also start applying for some secured cards to raise my score.

RESULTS-

American General- never late on EQ, pay history deleted on TU/EX, but still showing late 90/120
Capitol One- 150 day lates Deleted! Current pays as agreed on all 3 CRA!
Capitol One- 30 day late, 6 times deleted! current never late on all three!
Capitol One- SECOND 150 day lates Deleted! Current pays as agreed on all 3 CRA!
First premier- Unknown account on TU- updated to pays as agreed never late :huh: - ok, ill take that
Military star card- Charge-off updated to account transferred or sold. Better than charge off i guess, 0 balance
Navy Exchange - CHARGE OFF- deleted off EQ , reinserted on EX
VERIZON- CHARGE OFF- DELETED off all 3 CRA's! Reinserted on TU PFB!! Click here for thread
VW- NEVER LATE! all 3!!

new credit since repair started:
1) US Bank Korean air (secured $1000) at THIS thread
2) juniper carnival cruise card at THIS thread. $1500 limit
3) Providian CLI from $1925 to $2925!!!! due to fico jump albeit! auto increase after nothing for a year. yahoo.gif
4) Bank of America $99/$500 card on the way (got the offer after phone reconsider after denial for regular credit card)CALL FOR RECONSIDERATION!!
5) household bank (orchard) CLI from $500-$900. Still sock drawered! java script:emoticon
6) New military star card- $3000 limit! Applied and got approved the day i paid off the charge off!!

Posted Image

PHASE 3

Its now the middle of AUGUST, i Have my first Purple Heart, second will come in October, as well as the loss of a close friend.

Plan of Attack- APPLY for better Cards, close Junk Cards, delete any old trade lines for age that were baddies keep hammering away at tradelines that wont budge. Go after re-inserted address that popped back on. Mostly all done using online disputes.

RESULTS-

Household Bank- CLI from $700 to $900 :glare:
Second Juniper Bank TL - Tesoro card

and , DRUMROLL PLEASE!!

Posted ImageDELTA PLATINUM AMERICAN EXPRESS!!! $5000 CL!!!!!!Posted Image

My GOAL REACHED!!! COWBELLS!!!!!!!

Credit scores at this time (10/1/2006)

TU=667
EX=651
EQ=617

From here on out i slowed down dramatically. I wanted an AMEX and i got it, that was my goal.

I worked on my credit off and on mostly applying. Some baddies fell off. others did not.

My Current FICO-

http://i5.photobucke.../12-23-2006.jpg

So now my next goal is to break 700

Here are my BADDIES as of 12/23/2006

TU

1) Military Star- Still listed as -transfered or sold account, was collection account . TU has it also listed "was a charge off. It IS a charge off, a paid Charge off! <_<
2) American General- 90 day late
3) First premier bank- 30 day late
4) Capitol one- This is what sucked. I disputed a TL that said it was open when it should have been closed and got my 120 (was 150) late back!
5) Capitol One- again disputed something else on the TL got a 30 day late back!

EQ

1) Military Star- Currently listed as 120 days past due! :o i think i would rather it say transferred or sold lol it was paid off in may-june of 2005
2) American General- Currently 90 days past due- paid off in 2004 :angry:
3) First Premier- was 30 days late
4) First Premier- was 30 days late
5) VW credit - was 90 days late
6) Providian (aka washington mutual)- was 30 days late

EX

The bane, i hate Experian the most. They wont even investigate something online when u show them its wrong. Then try and look for their address anywhere on their website, call their 1800 number and their address is buried in voicemail recordings. I was surprised they even gave me an option to re-play their address, i assumed i had to hang up and remember how i got down the phone tree to their address!

Account current status Worst Delinquency
1) MILITARY STAR- Account transferred to another office Charge Off, Collection, Or Bankruptcy

2) CAP ONE BK- Credit line closed/not paying as agreed 150 days delinquent

3) NAVY EXCHANGE Paid account/was a collection account, insurance claim or government claim or was terminated for default I HAVE A PAY FOR DELETION you $%$&$!! Charge Off, Collection, Or Bankruptcy

4) AMERICAN GENERAL Paid account/was 120 days past due date 120 days delinquent

5) VW CREDIT Paid account/was 60 days past due date 60 days delinquent

6) FIRST PREMIER BANK Paid account/was 30 days past due date two or three times 30 days delinquent

7) FIRST PREMIER BANK Paid account/was 30 days past due 30 days delinquent

8) WASH MUTUAL/PROVIDIAN Current account/was 30 days past due date six times or more 30 days delinquent

Well and there ya have it, mostly all lates. this is off of fico reports.
Can Experian really list your deliquency in your current status ? i mean putting "was" in front of it makes it ok?

Now my Credit lines!! :clapping:

AMERICAN EXPRESS
- Inital 5k limit and 19%apr Now - $15000 and 14.5% (luv Button! and calls)
I would call AMEX and say "hi i am a cardholder and i just got a new USAA card with a higher credit limit, i would like to keep AMEX as my day to day spending card (they luve that, they see $$ signs) but the USAA card has a higher credit limit/lower intrest rate. You think u guys can at least match it so i can keep spending my money with you instead of USAA? They usually jump through Hoops!

Then i would call USAA and have the same conversation, just change the names around. LOL

USAA! - started at $2500 17% apr, CLI to $5000 and 14%, Did balance Transfer from AMEX $7000 CLI and 4.9% LUVING USAA!! Nobody can touch their insurance rates, least for me anyway.

Bank of America- $500 They unsecured my cash after only 6 months and refunded it to me! I have my daughter as an AU on this account. I will keep it at $500 limit thank you very much :huh:

JUNIPER- CARNIVAL Sea Miles - $1500 limit (my first credit card approval ) 20.24% intrest :swoon: been sockdrawred

JUNIPER- TESORO Gas- $1000 limit- 17.24% sock drawer

JUNIPER- ITUNES!- $2500 limit! Man i was happy bout that!! thought it was one i would use alot! till i saw the intrest, 22.74% guess small charges and PIF each month!

CAPITOL One- Combined the 3 $300 dollar Cards into 1 card (i picked the oldest account for age) got automatic CLI from $900 to $2000. still sock drawered! :beee:

Household Bank (AKA 1-800 india) - Called for a CLI from $900, this is one of my oldest cards! Was told "i understand why you feel that way" more times than i care to remember in a thick indonesian accent. I swear i dont think they understood half of what i was asking. I was on the verge of testing this therory by saying "it Burns when i Pee!" "Oh Mr. Lupoman we understand why you feel that way" anyway they asked be for $20 to raise my limit $200!! lmao get real! i hung up on them.

MACY's Card- Really only got it for the 20% off first purchase. $600 limit

MILITARY STAR- Its a Love hate relationship. On the one hand they have this charge off on my credit report. But the day they recieved paymenton the charge off, is the day they issued me another card with a $3000 limit! Now that card's CL is up to $9225!! Do they ever learn? but thanks for the second chance!

US Bank- Korean Air Secured ($1000 limit) I CLOSED this account after 1 year, i used them to help up my scores and get better cards. Nice to use them, they seem to always use us!

TOTAL CREDIT At START OF CREDIT REPAIR- $3625
TOTAL CREDIT At This Point of CREDIT REPAIR- $38,425
Thanking CB and Hearing COWBELLS!- PRICELESS!

http://i5.photobucke...moreCowbell.gif

There are alot of peeps to thank, George, Pryan67, Breeze, StupidCredit, Dolemite73, NurseyPoo, and all the words of encouragement from everyone!!

If i could do this in Iraq, well, whats your reason for not sticking to it, dont loose the faith- faith in yourself, you CAN do it and you WILL do it. But the peeps on this board wont do it FOR you. Step up to the plate, you got it in ya.

Starting my trek to 700! Wish me luck!

#6 breeze

breeze

Site Owners & FC XXXVIII <3

• Admin
  • 46,839 posts

Posted 24 December 2006 - 09:39 PM

Congratulations!! Great work!!

#7 pryan67

pryan67

Mikey, the Life cereal kid

• Mod Squad
  • 49,118 posts

Posted 25 December 2006 - 02:35 AM

WOOHOO!! GREAT job...Welcome back, and

THANK YOU!!!!

#8 Fataliya

Fataliya
  • Members
  • 1,451 posts

Posted 25 December 2006 - 06:24 AM

Thanks so MUCH for your service...

and CONGA RATS on your success so far!!!!

:clapping: :dance: :good: :D :dance: :good:

#9 victomae

victomae
  • Members
  • 340 posts

Posted 25 December 2006 - 10:14 PM

:wave: GREAT JOB !!! :clapping:

Also wanted to add, welcome back and THANK YOU for your service. :grin:

#10 Chane

Chane
  • Banned
  • 95 posts

Posted 27 December 2006 - 11:20 PM

Wow. Good job, man! Your story was inspirational. The first success story I read at the forum and this is my first post. I can't wait to read some more and get started on fixing my own credit.

Also, thanks for your service to our country. Sorry to hear about the loss of your friend in Iraq.

#11 SpecMomArmy

SpecMomArmy
  • Members
  • 655 posts

Posted 30 December 2006 - 05:06 PM

lupoman,

Had to say Congratulations! I still can't believe that you did all that from over there! I barely contacted family when I was off. I'm just now returning to credit boards to get back on board with some repair. I hope I can get my numbeers where yours are soon.

Sorry to hear about your purple hearts and your loss. :)

#12 aroganttravis

aroganttravis
  • Members
  • 147 posts

Posted 31 December 2006 - 09:13 AM

CONGRATS!!! That is a great story for all who are trying to clean up bad credit. way to go

#13 dllceo

dllceo
  • Members
  • 161 posts

Posted 04 January 2007 - 11:08 PM

lupoman what an inspiring credit success story. I'm working on my DH reports now and he's off to Iraq 2-3-07. Thanks for your encouragement. :wave:

#14 Denise1

Denise1
  • Members
  • 131 posts

Posted 07 January 2007 - 01:07 AM

Wow..such an inspirational story!! Thanks for the details..those help so much! :good:

We are praying for you & the rest of the soldiers in Iraq. :rofl:

#15 tmwhalens

tmwhalens
  • Members
  • 36 posts

Posted 07 January 2007 - 07:44 PM

Nice job, lupoman!

#16 pkrider7

pkrider7
  • Members
  • 315 posts

Posted 09 July 2007 - 10:11 AM

Very inspiring story & thank you for typing this all out in detail. Congrats!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#17 TEXASDIVA

TEXASDIVA
  • Newbies
  • 9 posts

Posted 04 August 2007 - 01:37 PM

AWESOME COMEBACK !!

I just joined the board yesterday and have already done my opt out , subscribed to myfico.com and have a dispute letter ready to be mailed. I was already inspired now I'm fired up !!!

PS Good job soldier and may God continue to bless you !

#18 rohan

rohan
  • Members
  • 305 posts

Posted 06 August 2007 - 03:18 AM

I just got a job last friday! Cleaned up my house! Prepared every junk that I collected over the years to sell on ebay and craigslist. hoping for a new financial beginning.

Googled and first link i clicked was this forum. First thread I am reading. Inspired and I feel lucky to be right here! I never thought it is possible but it gives me hope now. what a story!! God bless you all the way!

#19 turbo59

turbo59
  • Members
  • 560 posts

Posted 09 August 2007 - 12:09 PM

Texasdiva,

What part of Texas? I am originally from East Texas (Tyler).

Living in MO....

turbo59

"The dumbest kid in the smartest row"

#20 citizen2008

citizen2008
  • Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 04 January 2008 - 11:47 PM

TRADELINES/BADDIES[/b]

As I am a new member, I can not use the pm feature. Can you give me the email address of Jeanette from verizon here. I heard they are the hardest to get rid of

#21 LKH

LKH

Site Owner

• Admin
  • 23,652 posts

Posted 04 January 2008 - 11:51 PM

TRADELINES/BADDIES[/b]

As I am a new member, I can not use the pm feature. Can you give me the email address of Jeanette from verizon here. I heard they are the hardest to get rid of

Look under your username. You should be able to use the PM feature now.

#22 lupoman

lupoman
  • Members
  • 712 posts

Posted 18 June 2008 - 09:06 AM

Reached my goal of 700 FICO on Transunion!! So what do i do to celebrate?

Go on an application Spree!!!!!

I got a $8000 amex out of the deal! And pre-approval for a 38k car loan! (holding out for better score, for better terms) WAHOOOO!!!!!

course car shopping can kill a score!! my transunion is now 644!!! :dntknw: And no i didnt give PP at all the dealers, ou know where they want a copy of your license? I believe a few pulled my report. I am not too P-O'ed yet am still stoked about hitting 700!!

COWBELLS!!!

#23 lupoman

lupoman
  • Members
  • 712 posts

Posted 18 June 2008 - 11:05 AM

The links to the pics are Here, the pictures are not working in the OP because i moved the original pics. Here are the pictures in order-

START-
Posted Image

FICO in 2 months-
Posted Image

Posted Image

December 26th 2005, when i posted this original post even though its 2 months old, it was only a 4 or 5 point difference-
Posted Image

My current as of today- (this was after the application spree)
Posted Image

Edited by lupoman, 18 June 2008 - 11:06 AM.

#24 lupoman

lupoman
  • Members
  • 712 posts

Posted 09 July 2008 - 12:39 PM

I BROKE 700 ON EXPERIAN! THE BANE OF MY CREDIT REPAIR!!!
Posted Image

COWBELLS!!!!!
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImageCOWBELLS!!!!!

The only thing i did was bring down Utilization on 2 cards to below 20%, and another to 30%. I cant wait to see what happens next month when nearly all will be below 20% I have 7 cards out of 12 with balances. Of those 7, 4 are below 20%.

Never in a million years would i have thought that Experian would have been 2nd to hit 700!! And TU is oh so close again!!!

Experian is still a PITA to get anything worked on with their previously investigated crap!

I AM A HAPPY CAMPER!!

Posted Image

Edited by lupoman, 09 July 2008 - 12:41 PM.

#25 Danger731

Danger731
  • Members
  • 30 posts

Posted 09 July 2008 - 11:17 PM

Dude that is awsome, I read your story, you are one tough cookie. I went from 504 to 585 in 3 months. I need to keep going like you ! Keep us informed and now YOU are the Jedi !

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© Copyright 2003 - 2013 Creditboards.com. All rights reserved. No portion of this site may be reproduced without explicit permission from the owners. The content of creditboards.com is subject solely to the personal whim of its admins. We reserve the right, at our sole discretion, to remove any and all posts or comments, at any time, for any reason which takes our entirely capricious fancy, or for no particular reason whatsoever, without restriction. Comments or questions regarding the site may be addressed to admin@creditboards.com.