Welcome to CreditBoards!

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to CreditBoards! Like most online communities, you must register to post in our community, but don't worry - this is a simple process requiring minimal information for you to sign up. Be a part of CreditBoards by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Read These Items!

• If you're getting an Authentication mismatch error: Clear your cache. Log out of CB. Delete your cookie. Close your browser. Open your browser and log back in.

Photo

MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!

• Please log in to reply
111 replies to this topic

#1 Tools McTool

Tools McTool
  • Members
  • 3,131 posts

Posted 22 December 2006 - 03:22 PM

First of all, Merry X-mas to all!
Now that you all are done shopping, wait... Now that you are ALMOST done shopping, how much debt did your cards get as a result? Not trying to be nosie, just curious as to what card you used this holiday shopping season and why???

Me? I dropped just over $3k. My youngest is only 20 months so Lil' tykes Basketball, an Elmo phone and a few $10 gifts cut it for him. My other son is 12 so he is a little harder to please. The Nintendo Wii, two games and a memory card cost a bit more.
That, a few things for my extended family and all my wife's gifts and that gave me about $3k total. I put $1k on my Amex blue but paid that in full already. The other $2k (actually $1,900) I put on my WaMu MC. It only has a $2k limit but it has 0% APR until May so that is flippin' awesome!

All in all, this will be a good Christmas. This time last year??? I had been busting my hump working a second job just to come up with enough money to even have a decent X-mas. This year, a 30% raise and a boat-load of credit made the holidays alot easier! Thanks, in part, to CB!!! (I still have a second job, I just don't bust my hump anymore.)

What are you guys spending and more imortantly, what card(s) are you putting it on??? You need not tell the amounts you spent, just what card you used and why you chose that particular one(s).

Happy Holidays!
Tools

Edited by Tools McTool, 22 December 2006 - 03:26 PM.

#2 mazzystar

mazzystar
  • Members
  • 790 posts

Posted 22 December 2006 - 03:25 PM

:dntknw: Happy Holidays tools....!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

not much on cc's...but both our last pays were blown to the penny..prob about 2k...and i have a 7 and a 3yr old. ;)

But i'm sure it will be fun!!!!

Again, enjoy! ;)

#3 dj144lyons

dj144lyons
  • Members
  • 9,699 posts

Posted 22 December 2006 - 03:28 PM

Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays to everyone!!!

Not too much Debt here. A few hundred maybe, but I had my Patelco Christmas Account. ;)

#4 Nostromo

Nostromo
  • Members
  • 1,302 posts

Posted 22 December 2006 - 03:31 PM

About 100 bucks when it's all said and done. A couple little things for the folks and DH and that's it.

Used to love Christmas, but the extreme commercial aspect of the holiday is something i'm not a fan of anymore.

#5 montecarlo7

montecarlo7
  • Members
  • 95 posts

Posted 22 December 2006 - 03:32 PM

Merry X-Mas and Happy Holidays fellow CB'ers!

To answer your question - $0. But that can be misleading. I buy gifts throughout the year for this time. Thus having the best gifts for everyone. ;)

#6 OU8122

OU8122
  • Members
  • 143 posts

Posted 22 December 2006 - 03:36 PM

$0

This Christmas was straight cash, homey. ;)

#7 LeslieBre

LeslieBre
  • Members
  • 358 posts

Posted 22 December 2006 - 03:41 PM

Merry Christams to you as well:)

0$ This year we decided to give ourselves the gift of no debt.So only one getting a present is the dog ;) Extended family agreed would be easier for them as well.

Christmas is also family B day time 5 total. With the exception of DH and DM in- law everyone got a card.

#8 EternalSunshine

EternalSunshine
  • Members
  • 147 posts

Posted 22 December 2006 - 03:48 PM

I spent about 5k, but I don't have any debt. I have already paid all of my credit card bills from my Christmas purchases.

The majority of my purchases went on my BOA/FIA Fidelity Investment Rewards Visa(s) for the 1.5% back. I also made a few purchases at Circuit City with my Discover Platinum card(s) for the current 5% get more category.

Merry Christmas & Happy Holidays to all!

#9 TrevorHere

TrevorHere

Bad Influence <3

• Mod Squad
  • 27,750 posts

Posted 22 December 2006 - 03:54 PM

$0

This Christmas was straight cash, homey. :yes2:

My lenders owe me christmas gifts in the form of cash and reward points. All rewards cards used to buy gifts and PIF :good:

#10 t8rtot

t8rtot
  • Members
  • 838 posts

Posted 22 December 2006 - 03:59 PM

about $600 and ended up having to use Amex starwood biz card cause I went to pay and discovered I left my wallet at home on my desk. (prolly when I got it out of my purse to make sure I had the cards I wanted to shop with) :yes2: Luckily I had to make a biz run earlier in the day and still had the card in m coat pocket.

#11 Kaysei

Kaysei
  • Members
  • 565 posts

Posted 22 December 2006 - 04:00 PM

I put about $130 on my Walmart card so now it's maxed out. I got $100 bonus at work today and spent every bit of it for the stuff I'm cooking on Sunday. It's been a very very long time since I could afford to 'go wild' at Christmas. I'd really like to get more for the kids, but when ya can't, ya can't.

#12 tightwad

tightwad
  • Members
  • 119 posts

Posted 22 December 2006 - 04:05 PM

I spent about $200 throughout the year. I buy as sales come along. People buy more than enough junk for themselves throughout the year, they don't need more from me. I would rather spend my life as my own and not working to pay off gifts that either aren't appreciated or will be thrown aside in a couple of months.

Tightwad

#13 author22

author22
  • Members
  • 324 posts

Posted 22 December 2006 - 04:08 PM

CREDIT

$54.40 Swiss Colony (due in Feb.)
$80 Figis (3 payments starting in Feb.) - bought under business credit

CASH

$605 gifts
$180 plane ticket to see SO this month

So, I'm $134.40 in debt. And while some say I should've spent the cash settling some of these accounts and not on gifts and a plane ticket, some things in life are more important than good credit. Seeing my SO is one of them.

#14 cjsls

cjsls
  • Members
  • 209 posts

Posted 22 December 2006 - 04:22 PM

a little less than $500 for me.......already transferred the balance to another card for the 0% rate.......

#15 typeoserv

typeoserv
  • Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 22 December 2006 - 04:35 PM

$2200 on the AmEx Skymiles gold..

brother, parents, and SO... and maybe a little for myself ;)

#16 Lydia_C

Lydia_C
  • Members
  • 257 posts

Posted 22 December 2006 - 05:53 PM

About $150 in total, with about $35 of that going to baking supplies for cookies I'll be giving as gifts. About a third of that was paid in cash; the rest is sitting on my Optima, which isn't reporting yet so my shopping is FICO-"invisible." ;)

This is for parents, sister, BIL, 2 nephews, and a little for me too.

#17 tozion

tozion
  • Members
  • 1,710 posts

Posted 22 December 2006 - 06:04 PM

Bloomingdales $200ish
Macys $200ish
AMEX $900ish (PIF in a few days) ...Flowers, Wii, Etc...

#18 maestra

maestra
  • Members
  • 379 posts

Posted 22 December 2006 - 06:08 PM

About $500 [including special treats, travel, decorations, etc.] total spread across 2 Cap 1 and 2 Household credit cards [already PIF].

#19 ON-MY_way

ON-MY_way
  • Members
  • 5,568 posts

Posted 22 December 2006 - 06:09 PM

macys 400ish
dillards 43 bucks
spg amex- 1200 and a mini-f/r :clapping:

#20 cocomad

cocomad
  • Members
  • 8,617 posts

Posted 22 December 2006 - 06:47 PM

First of all, Merry X-mas to all!
Now that you all are done shopping, wait... Now that you are ALMOST done shopping, how much debt did your cards get as a result? Not trying to be nosie, just curious as to what card you used this holiday shopping season and why???

Me? I dropped just over $3k. My youngest is only 20 months so Lil' tykes Basketball, an Elmo phone and a few $10 gifts cut it for him. My other son is 12 so he is a little harder to please. The Nintendo Wii, two games and a memory card cost a bit more.
That, a few things for my extended family and all my wife's gifts and that gave me about $3k total. I put $1k on my Amex blue but paid that in full already. The other $2k (actually $1,900) I put on my WaMu MC. It only has a $2k limit but it has 0% APR until May so that is flippin' awesome!

All in all, this will be a good Christmas. This time last year??? I had been busting my hump working a second job just to come up with enough money to even have a decent X-mas. This year, a 30% raise and a boat-load of credit made the holidays alot easier! Thanks, in part, to CB!!! (I still have a second job, I just don't bust my hump anymore.)

What are you guys spending and more imortantly, what card(s) are you putting it on??? You need not tell the amounts you spent, just what card you used and why you chose that particular one(s).

Happy Holidays!
Tools

:D Tools, I started my holiday shopping in Aug., and it was a gift here and there. Now I hit a deer in Nov. and split the co-pay between to reward cards which I will PIF when the statement comes in. Total amount spent on Blue for last minute shoping and meals is 233.00. Its all in early planning. :clapping:

#21 tmimages

tmimages
  • Members
  • 993 posts

Posted 22 December 2006 - 07:04 PM

Probably close to $1K. Four kids ages 7-20 did it for me. Used Citi PP, to control utilization. Am done. :P

#22 ImGonnaGet'em

ImGonnaGet'em
  • Members
  • 537 posts

Posted 22 December 2006 - 07:06 PM

I only used 1 card for a $148.00 purchase - only to use the card and pay after Christmas. Everything else was paid CASH!!!!!

#23 willgator

willgator
  • Members
  • 6,375 posts

Posted 22 December 2006 - 07:12 PM

tiffany's way to much
saks close to tiffany's
also helped nintendo out greatly this year
put all on juniper us air card , trying to spend my way to matangi island resort by march ..........

hope everyone has a great holiday !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#24 Beachgrrl

Beachgrrl
  • Members
  • 609 posts

Posted 22 December 2006 - 07:18 PM

Zero. I never charge for Christmas stuff. And, my family isn't big on gifts (giving or receiving...).

I save for Christmas expenses all year long and pay cash. Anything 'special' I want for myself, I usually buy.

I also have no kids to buy for either -- so, I realize my situation is unique. I don't know how you parents out there do it!! Kids are the biggest helpers to driving the consumer market.

My kids would hate me.

My kid: "Mommy --I want this: "insert highly marketed shiny new item here"!
Me: "Unless you have a job and money to pay for it ---then, NO!!"

LOL....

#25 Cardinal

Cardinal
  • Members
  • 267 posts

Posted 22 December 2006 - 08:29 PM

$11254.23 all on Amex Starwood :rofl:

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© Copyright 2003 - 2013 Creditboards.com. All rights reserved. No portion of this site may be reproduced without explicit permission from the owners. The content of creditboards.com is subject solely to the personal whim of its admins. We reserve the right, at our sole discretion, to remove any and all posts or comments, at any time, for any reason which takes our entirely capricious fancy, or for no particular reason whatsoever, without restriction. Comments or questions regarding the site may be addressed to admin@creditboards.com.