Welcome to CreditBoards!

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to CreditBoards! Like most online communities, you must register to post in our community, but don't worry - this is a simple process requiring minimal information for you to sign up. Be a part of CreditBoards by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Read These Items!

• If you're getting an Authentication mismatch error: Clear your cache. Log out of CB. Delete your cookie. Close your browser. Open your browser and log back in.

Photo

Keys in hand!

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#1 mamiof3

mamiof3
  • Members
  • 651 posts

Posted 19 October 2006 - 01:07 AM

Years back, DH and I were okay with our first son, things weren't easy since he was still in school but we were okay. In 1998, I had boy #2 and he started grad school and things got a little tighter. In 1999, God decided my boys needed a sister. That was not planned but the big guy knows what he's doing. That's when things spiraled out of control. DH was still working and in grad school, I had a very difficult pregnancy, delivery and recovery. Things got out of control We went from having good credit to the worst. Spent the next few years struggling, and living off of cash because we had no credit. After playing ostrich for years, I decided I'd better do something since we were making pretty good money and we were tired of renting. I pulled our credit reports. OMG, his scores were all in the low 500's. 2 of mine were in the 500's and I didn't even have a score for TU. I thought it was hopeless. Then I started to do some research on credit repair because someone told me about Lexington. In my search I found Creditboards.....what a life saver.

I lurked for a while and became a member exactly 15 months ago. I read and read and read and printed things up and carried CN threads around with me and asked questions and read some more. It wasn't easy and it was time consuming but I was determined to succeed. Writing letters and visits to the post office were a new way of life for me. But the hard work paid off.

Thank you to the founders of this board. Thank you to all the experts I learned so much from, Whychat, pryan..I read everything you guys wrote. So many of you contributed to my new knowledge! I was on the credit forum a lot months ago and then something happened. I'd cleaned up the reports enough to prequalify for a house. We signed the contract in April and I jumped over to the mortgage forum and started to ask questions there. I continued to work on our reports and asking and getting great advice here on this forum.

To re-establish credit, I started with crown jewelers and orchard. I didn't dare apply for anything while we were waiting for our house to be finished. Last Friday we signed our loan documents and did our walk thru. Boy is it beautiful! When the loan processor called to say our loan was funded I cried. DH picked up the keys to our new house today.

Our current FICOs are me 691 708 686 and DH 646 682 660.

I went to Home Depot to see about getting that beautiful new frig, applied for credit..bingo $2600, I hadn't done that in years!

Then, I went on an application spree....

Citi 7-10 day notice
Juniper 30 day notice
GAP card approved
Bombay card approved
JC Penney wait notice

Even if some of those are denials. I'm happy, in 6 months I"ll try again.

There are no words to express how grateful I am to everyone here! I never could have done this without these boards. I am ecstatic with our FIRST HOME! Believe me if we did it, anyone can! Thank you CB, I am out of credit card he@%!! :P

Thank you, thank you, thank you!

:rofl: :D

#2 Krish

Krish
  • Members
  • 3,888 posts

Posted 19 October 2006 - 01:16 AM

Congrats... I know the feeling.........

#3 Fataliya

Fataliya
  • Members
  • 1,451 posts

Posted 19 October 2006 - 01:25 AM

YAY!!! :clapping:

WTG on the new house!! Enjoy it...you've worked hard and you deserve it!!!

#4 breeze

breeze

Site Owners & FC XXXVIII

• Admin
  • 46,776 posts

Posted 19 October 2006 - 07:11 AM

Wow! Great work!

#5 LadyT

LadyT
  • Members
  • 2,518 posts

Posted 19 October 2006 - 07:16 AM

YAY!!! :blink:

WTG on the new house!! Enjoy it...you've worked hard and you deserve it!!!

Congrats on your new home! :lol:

#6 xdollbabyx

xdollbabyx
  • Members
  • 63 posts

Posted 19 October 2006 - 09:23 AM

Congratulations... that must be an amazing feeling!!

#7 bbjdb

bbjdb
  • Members
  • 1,943 posts

Posted 19 October 2006 - 06:59 PM

Congrats. DH will love that Home Depot card. :D enjoy your new home.

#8 mamiof3

mamiof3
  • Members
  • 651 posts

Posted 21 October 2006 - 11:19 AM

Congrats. DH will love that Home Depot card. :angel: enjoy your new home.

Thanks! But actually, I will love that Home Depot card. I'm the oldest of 4 daughters whose Dad was a contractor. I had to teach DH how to use a hammer.

#9 RonMexico

RonMexico
  • Members
  • 804 posts

Posted 21 October 2006 - 11:13 PM

Great story! Congrats!

#10 BLESSED N TEXAS

BLESSED N TEXAS
  • Members
  • 117 posts

Posted 25 October 2006 - 10:28 AM

Congrats :P :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo:
I just LOVE inspiring stories like yours!

#11 Mystickal13

Mystickal13
  • Newbies
  • 7 posts

Posted 25 October 2006 - 12:20 PM

This is so awesome.. its gives me hope ;) Congrats!

#12 mamiof3

mamiof3
  • Members
  • 651 posts

Posted 25 October 2006 - 10:15 PM

Congrats :dntknw: :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo:
I just LOVE inspiring stories like yours!

Thanks so much!

#13 mamiof3

mamiof3
  • Members
  • 651 posts

Posted 25 October 2006 - 10:16 PM

This is so awesome.. its gives me hope :dntknw: Congrats!

Thanks...oh beleive me, if I can do it, anyone can! Last eyar at this time I never thought we'd have a house!

#14 sunmicroman

sunmicroman
  • Members
  • 4,427 posts

Posted 01 February 2008 - 02:49 PM

Congrats!!

I have FICOs ranging from 650-668 and cannot purchase a home. I am self-employed and even though my business has been around for over two years, it just started making a decent profit so they say unless my mid-FICO score is 700, or I wait 1-2 more years to show that profit, I cannot purchase a home. :lol:

I am glad you could, though.

#15 wendypollman

wendypollman
  • Newbies
  • 1 posts

Posted 20 July 2009 - 03:16 AM

You have a very good achievement. I know you will be very secured for your future. You deserve it. :lol:

#16 hogcrazy

hogcrazy
  • Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 14 April 2010 - 09:35 PM

WOW great story I soon would have one just like this!!!!! :lol: :)

#17 Billy Blaggs

Billy Blaggs
  • Members
  • 60 posts

Posted 13 May 2010 - 11:14 AM

What a great story.

I hope to have a story of my own in the next few months. :rofl:

#18 tallgirlandrea

tallgirlandrea
  • Members
  • 50 posts

Posted 26 June 2010 - 03:44 PM

stories like yours also give me hope. I dont even know my credit scores, I don't know how to get them and either way I am afraid to look. I can guarantee you theyre probably in the low 500 (and that is if I am lucky).

My dream is also to own a home for me and my 3 beautiful, well deserving kids. I hate renting. I hate the managers coming over all the time to do a walk-through with the city or whoever, I want my privacy dangit!!

I also dream of being able to get financed for a car. The car I have is in really bad shape, its got nearly 300k miles on it, not to mention it's very small for me and my three kids ( I am 6'2 and my kids are all very leggy also). I want to get a roomy minivan with a good interest (or none!!) and lowest payments possible. Though I would NEVER even consider actually purchasing a car through a cars n credit place (where they accept bad credit) the payments are usually 3-4x what they would be for a new car, and the cars are OLD ( I know some people who have done that, bad choice), I went to one to see if I would qualify, and I didn't, so I KNOW my credit sucks.

Anyways, I am very happy to read the CD success stories. I know its a lot of hard work, I have started it a few times before but never got past the 2nd letters before getting discouraged. I am determined this time though.

Thanks again for your story!

#19 wynn2010

wynn2010
  • Members
  • 277 posts

Posted 26 June 2010 - 05:40 PM

Congratulations and thank you for sharing!

#20 shamrocklady

shamrocklady
  • Newbies
  • 1 posts

Posted 13 July 2010 - 12:36 PM

What a great story! I love hearing good news. Thank you for sharing your story with us. :angel:

shamrocklady, gearing up to do battle with the credit masters of the world.....

#21 Guest_bobmorton_*

Guest_bobmorton_*
  • Guests

Posted 28 January 2011 - 04:57 AM

very inspiring story. thanks for sharing it with us.

#22 PlatinumDebit

PlatinumDebit
  • Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 14 February 2011 - 01:39 AM

Congrats! I've only been this site for 45 days, but my Equifax score has gone from 560 to 665 in less than two months of credit repair work! it's so encouraging to hear!

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© Copyright 2003 - 2013 Creditboards.com. All rights reserved. No portion of this site may be reproduced without explicit permission from the owners. The content of creditboards.com is subject solely to the personal whim of its admins. We reserve the right, at our sole discretion, to remove any and all posts or comments, at any time, for any reason which takes our entirely capricious fancy, or for no particular reason whatsoever, without restriction. Comments or questions regarding the site may be addressed to admin@creditboards.com.