Welcome to CreditBoards!

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to CreditBoards! Like most online communities, you must register to post in our community, but don't worry - this is a simple process requiring minimal information for you to sign up. Be a part of CreditBoards by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Read These Items!

• If you're getting an Authentication mismatch error: Clear your cache. Log out of CB. Delete your cookie. Close your browser. Open your browser and log back in.

Photo

THANK YOU CREDITBOARDS!!!!!!!!!!

• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

#1 eyeballing

eyeballing
  • Members
  • 108 posts

Posted 25 August 2006 - 11:28 PM

I've been a member here for a 2-3 years with fico's starting in the low 600's with a couple of lates - 3 collection accounts and a very thin credit report. I' ve been slowly chugging away at it here and there. Disputed addy's , got a couple of paid collections off, the lates gradually fell off , asked for CL increases Opened a couple variety accounts and paid down utilitization to near zero.

http://creditboards....s...c=23487&hl=

I pulled My new fico's after my last paid baddie fell of last month-- (the one local CA that just wouldn't budge ( the abreviated version - Paid $76.00 Dental collection - went to new dentist due to new insurance-was in the chair with my mouth open during the exam and the REALLY cute assistant that i had flirted with comes back in and says my previous dentist won't release records/ xrays due to "Long overdue account"?? Could my mouth hang open any farther :clapping: :clapping: ??I mean it 's paid - I 've the the receipt that it's PAID and it's showing on my reports PAID!!!. Well I slunk out of there after stating it's a mistake and getting the yea sure routine. Went the next day with all my ammo to the original Dentist, walked in politely and asked about this account - receptionist pulls up my account say's it's outstanding - at which point I let my unhappyness be known. Now I'm not one to make a scene but i had really wished that there were people in the lobby to hear this. The excuse was that they had changed to a new computer system and that's what it said. So I made them apologise and call my new dentist to explain tier error , forward my records and they said they would pull the account from my last remaining report. WHICH NEVER HAPPENED - I was so FED up I gave up and let it fall off naturally. Ok so it wasn't that abreviated)

MY NEW FICO's EQUIFAX 801 !!! EXPERIAN 812!!!!

So my current status
1paid Auto loan
MBNA Plat 10,000 CL PIF 2 yr hx
Wells fargo gold 8000 CL PIF 16 yr hx
Credit union visa 2300CL 10% util 4 yr hx
Chevron 2000CL PIF 2? yr hx
Signature loan 2000 $700 left 6 mo old
Check overdraft 300 0 util 4 yr hx now i'm thinking i should apply for something but content with what i have - i should probable get another bank card or 2 for back up and a store card or 2 for fico mix purposes, don't think i want an AMEX. Thanks CB!!!!!!!!!!!!

#2 eyeballing

eyeballing
  • Members
  • 108 posts

Posted 25 August 2006 - 11:40 PM

Just adding a little more- I want to get good offers and not worried about anything popping up that I can think of- i want low fixed apr's my credit union is best at 7.9%-- wells fargo and MBNA are variable at about 12% right now --- should I opt back in?? if so anyone know how to do that off the top of the head- i'll try the nifty search function :) I want to be able to pay online too -thinking of

Citibank
B of A
another Gas Card
Home depot

other opinions??

Edited by eyeballing, 25 August 2006 - 11:41 PM.

#3 minnie aubre

minnie aubre

Boring Influence

• Members
  • 5,482 posts

Awesome!!!! congrats! I'd love to see those scores myself someday :)

#4 dilligaf

dilligaf
  • Members
  • 1,623 posts

That is very impressive. Thank you for sharing it with the rest of us that are working on it!!!

#5 breeze

breeze

Site Owners & FC XXXVIII <3

• Admin
  • 47,162 posts

Posted 26 August 2006 - 12:00 AM

Fantastic! You done good! Posted Image

#6 Sultan

Sultan
  • Members
  • 3,699 posts

Posted 26 August 2006 - 12:02 AM

That is completely awesome! Huge congrats on all of you're success. :blush2: :)

#7 Curious

Curious
  • Members
  • 11,333 posts

Posted 26 August 2006 - 12:42 AM

Those are awesome scores! Major congrats to you.

#8 Danny P.

Danny P.
  • Newbies
  • 7 posts

Posted 31 August 2006 - 01:00 PM

HELLO! I hope I am posting this in the right area. I have been a CreditBoards Member for almost 6 months. In that time I have ALOT of negs on my credit file. I have had so much success that i wish to thank everyone for all the posts that I read re-read and read again! :P

I have a 200 secured card from orchid that is pushing my score up and I got my first CAR! A 2004 Crown Vic . Through Drive Financial.

AND thanks to RealtorKen I have not only filed my first suit against a debt collector BUT they were Successfully served on the 23rd of this month - Central Financial Control -....!!!!!!

I hope all that read this site know how deeply greatful I am. I am on a new road to credit repair that 8 months ago i didnt even think exsisited.

#9 wonderm

wonderm
  • Newbies
  • 9 posts

Posted 16 September 2006 - 05:51 PM

Hello.

I am new on this board and I just wanted to thank you for sharing your story. Right now I feel so overwhelmed with information but I am going to start little by little. Thanks to this board I can have hope that someday my scores will be high. Thanks again for sharing and thanks to all you old timers for having paitence with us newbies in guiding us.

#10 curious44

curious44
  • Members
  • 336 posts

Posted 24 September 2006 - 09:52 PM

eyeballing.... wish i knew why those dang medical collections, even for a few dollars, relatively speaking, are so aggressive. I'm so glad you got it straightened out. Why do we have to deal with this humiliation? It's wrong. And the cute guy?????

Anyway, never let anything fall off naturally. If you are in the right, fight it. Somehow, somewhere there is a record that does NOT delete after 10 or 7 years.

Wonderm, I learned after going through 2 black ink cartridges here at home, I had to set up a file system. For each CRA, for my letters to them, for my TC and FICO reports separate from the true CRA reports. For legal support. Etc. You will not feel so overwhelmed once you have a system that you can undertand. Oh, and same on your puter. Gotta create a folder all about your credit and download items to that.

Well, just MHO, cause my daughter said our living room was becoming a fire hazard with all my piles. :)

However, something is working. My EX jumped more than 100 points in a bit over one month. This place is fantastic!

#11 Chendo

Chendo
  • Members
  • 1,455 posts

Posted 25 September 2006 - 12:30 PM

Awesome!! Great story!

#12 onthebeach

onthebeach
  • Newbies
  • 10 posts

Posted 23 October 2006 - 12:56 PM

That is great news!

#13 mamiof3

mamiof3
  • Members
  • 651 posts

Posted 26 October 2006 - 08:28 AM

I've been a member here for a 2-3 years with fico's starting in the low 600's with a couple of lates - 3 collection accounts and a very thin credit report. I' ve been slowly chugging away at it here and there. Disputed addy's , got a couple of paid collections off, the lates gradually fell off , asked for CL increases Opened a couple variety accounts and paid down utilitization to near zero.

http://creditboards....s...c=23487&hl=

I pulled My new fico's after my last paid baddie fell of last month-- (the one local CA that just wouldn't budge ( the abreviated version - Paid $76.00 Dental collection - went to new dentist due to new insurance-was in the chair with my mouth open during the exam and the REALLY cute assistant that i had flirted with comes back in and says my previous dentist won't release records/ xrays due to "Long overdue account"?? Could my mouth hang open any farther :rofl: :o ??I mean it 's paid - I 've the the receipt that it's PAID and it's showing on my reports PAID!!!. Well I slunk out of there after stating it's a mistake and getting the yea sure routine. Went the next day with all my ammo to the original Dentist, walked in politely and asked about this account - receptionist pulls up my account say's it's outstanding - at which point I let my unhappyness be known. Now I'm not one to make a scene but i had really wished that there were people in the lobby to hear this. The excuse was that they had changed to a new computer system and that's what it said. So I made them apologise and call my new dentist to explain tier error , forward my records and they said they would pull the account from my last remaining report. WHICH NEVER HAPPENED - I was so FED up I gave up and let it fall off naturally. Ok so it wasn't that abreviated)

MY NEW FICO's EQUIFAX 801 !!! EXPERIAN 812!!!!

So my current status
1paid Auto loan
MBNA Plat 10,000 CL PIF 2 yr hx
Wells fargo gold 8000 CL PIF 16 yr hx
Credit union visa 2300CL 10% util 4 yr hx
Chevron 2000CL PIF 2? yr hx
Signature loan 2000 $700 left 6 mo old
Check overdraft 300 0 util 4 yr hx now i'm thinking i should apply for something but content with what i have - i should probable get another bank card or 2 for back up and a store card or 2 for fico mix purposes, don't think i want an AMEX. Thanks CB!!!!!!!!!!!!

:angry: :rofl:

#14 eyeballing

eyeballing
  • Members
  • 108 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 08:28 PM

Feb 2013 update::     Still doing good here. My score really hasn't moved t0o much since the top post.. I added a couple of credit cards for diversity and increase my available balances. Other than temporary mild dings my FICO scores today remain 805 Equifax and 806 Transunion-  I didn't check Experian..

No lates -only one of my cards has a balance under $1000 (20,000 limit) others are stored and used randomly to keep active..   When the economy tanked- a few issuers reduced my available limit or raised  APR rates. but as i rarely use them I figured just roll with it and keep them active and not close them.

I did have a recent panick attack as I forgot about my motorcycle registration last february( 2/2012) and got a notice that the DMV were placing a lein on my bank account (california) for $170... ( Been a real hectic year- Full-time nursing student and working half-time and keeping relationship alive- very sleep deprived). i thought i had paid it but hadn't ..  I was also a couple day late with card payments twice.  threatened with rate increase with Amex but they just sent a letter that they reconsidered so it's back to normal for now. I'm now out of school and studying for state boards.  Sleep is wonderful!!!!! My desk is now organised and  keeping on top of my mail and bills better.

Just keep plugging away, It's a marathon and I learned alot.. I know I got lucky with the DMV thing. I thought they ha a court seizure order/ tax lein thing filed .. hopefully it won't pop up later.  Keep a chin up and keep plugging away....

Eyeballing

#15 426MW

426MW
  • Members
  • 57 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 08:04 AM

Good to hear.  Without a doubt, it is a marathon!  Those 800's are veeeeery sexy!  Congrats!

#16 soccergeek

soccergeek
  • Members
  • 24 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 10:31 AM

Congratulations...Great to hear you're still doing well. Sometimes when the post is older you wonder how things are  :D. Thanks for the post it's encouraging to newbs like me. There is yet hope!

#17 ITISTIME13

ITISTIME13
  • Newbies
  • 1 posts

Posted 16 February 2013 - 04:52 PM

Hello everyone I have decided after years of having bad credit and trying to repair it but not sticking with the repair process to really work hard and see this credit repair process completed until I have good credit which I havent had for years. Started off today which is 2/16.13 in joining a credit monitoring company so as it stands right now my fico scores are.

Transunion-510 9 baddies 0 positive

Equifax-?-11 baddies 0 positive

Experian-549- 11 baddies 0 possitive

when I get my Equifax Fico I will post it as you all see I have my work cut out for me but I have decided instead of paying someone I will do it myself. I have started by ordering copies of my credit report although I did get copies online. I have also started disputing online with Experian and the next thing will be for me to start writing my dispute letters to the other two reporting agencies. I will make sure that I post my progress.

#18 ubermama

ubermama
  • Members
  • 273 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 05:40 PM

Hello everyone I have decided after years of having bad credit and trying to repair it but not sticking with the repair process to really work hard and see this credit repair process completed until I have good credit which I havent had for years. Started off today which is 2/16.13 in joining a credit monitoring company so as it stands right now my fico scores are.

Transunion-510 9 baddies 0 positive

Equifax-?-11 baddies 0 positive

Experian-549- 11 baddies 0 possitive

when I get my Equifax Fico I will post it as you all see I have my work cut out for me but I have decided instead of paying someone I will do it myself. I have started by ordering copies of my credit report although I did get copies online. I have also started disputing online with Experian and the next thing will be for me to start writing my dispute letters to the other two reporting agencies. I will make sure that I post my progress.

You should start your own thread.  You will get your own advice and attention - and it doesn't belong in a 6+ year old success story post.  Good luck.

#19 stroked89coupe

stroked89coupe

Troll Patrol

• Mod Squad
  • 4,407 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 08:22 AM

Congrats!!

#20 JPerry115

JPerry115
  • Members
  • 461 posts

Posted 22 March 2013 - 02:29 PM

That is a motivating story and I hope to come close to those scores within the next 2-3 years!

#21 mburt817

mburt817
  • Newbies
  • 2 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 08:24 AM

Thank you so much esp re: pulls i guess i was a lurker curious how , and which agency made these decisions...... I was delighted and surprised coming across this site.... I usually paid cash... even for cars... but  i decided I needed credit.... this past year thanks to you i have obtained a mixed amount of credit cards with decent limits 0% for 18 months etc  a visa a mastercard and  which i pay off on time... and i learned a few things from when I used credit many years ago..things have changed .... anyway I have to THANK YOU and all those who posted as i gave up on credit. i had no use for it strangely enough ,....... and getting older I think for an emergency or a new appliance with the cost of things i truly needed it .... so having no credit at my age... was just as bad as having bad credit... in many ways.. you have all helped by posting your stories..,. !!!

Just wanted to say thanks !!!!!!! and i hope to input on pulls to help others.. as you have helped me..: )))) i am  so much more aware of  the mysteries of how this works.. and again I thank you!!!

oh just my car insurance payments  were  the key to having any decent score... as i thought i had a credit report of horrible means... lol  again you ahve been so helpful ... i just want do for others as you have done for me

thanks

Michele

#22 newbie14

newbie14
  • Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 23 January 2014 - 04:25 AM

so amazing....I can't wait until this is me

#23 mamiso

mamiso
  • Members
  • 432 posts

Posted 02 February 2014 - 04:22 AM

Hi all,

Thanks to the founders and long-time members for such a great resource.  Each success story I read just serves to inspire me to keep weeding the garden and improving my scores.  Here's to a great 2014 !!

#24 sarobi

sarobi
  • Members
  • 372 posts

Posted 09 February 2014 - 09:00 PM

Congrats! Great story.

#25 Therapist

Therapist
  • Members
  • 30 posts

Posted 01 May 2014 - 05:13 PM

Congrats on the huge increase.

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© Copyright 2003 - 2013 Creditboards.com. All rights reserved. No portion of this site may be reproduced without explicit permission from the owners. The content of creditboards.com is subject solely to the personal whim of its admins. We reserve the right, at our sole discretion, to remove any and all posts or comments, at any time, for any reason which takes our entirely capricious fancy, or for no particular reason whatsoever, without restriction. Comments or questions regarding the site may be addressed to admin@creditboards.com.