Welcome to CreditBoards!

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to CreditBoards! Like most online communities, you must register to post in our community, but don't worry - this is a simple process requiring minimal information for you to sign up. Be a part of CreditBoards by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Read These Items!

• If you're getting an Authentication mismatch error: Clear your cache. Log out of CB. Delete your cookie. Close your browser. Open your browser and log back in.

Photo

StormyMondy's Success Story

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#1 radi8

radi8
  • Admin
  • 27,290 posts

Posted 13 July 2006 - 03:37 PM

Hi all,

I was going to wait to share this but something tells me I need to post this for my kindred spirits who are lost and confused as I once was. Who go to bed crying every night as I once did. Who turned off the ringer on the telephone because the bill collectors keep calling, for those who wonder what the hell did I do and for those who pray, “Lord, please help me!”

2000 – we had our home built.
In 2001 I landed what I thought to be my dream job. It was all perfect and wonderful. Then 9/11 happened. Like so many things that turn our lives upside down, we were about to deal with the good and the bad. Dec 2001 I found out I was pregnant. We’d been trying hard so we were happy. However, it seemed like as soon as they said "pregnant", I got sick. Not a normal sick, the kind of sick that makes you vomit ANYTHING AND EVERYTHING you eat or drink all day and all night. I could not even look at food commercials on television. This lasted for 9 months and during that time I had an I.V. surgically implanted into my arm (called a PIC line), I had dilated 4 inches when I was 20 weeks pregnant, put on bed rest and lost my job. It was a new job remember?

My DH lost his job too. He was working for MCI so he thought he could easily get another. Problem was – he was making a lot of money at MCI and no one wanted to pay that much. He took a job paying half of what he was making because he wanted to and needed to take care of me. We had a baby on the way, a mortgage to pay, car notes, credit cards and other items.

After the baby was born and after my bought with depression, I’d finally gone back to work temping - but that pay wasn’t good either. We were afloat for a while and with prospects for a higher paying job not looking up for DH, he started his own company from home. He was earning more (but not a lot more) but we didn’t have to worry about daycare for our son. But by 2004 we’d emptied the checking, then on to the savings, then cashed out our 401k, some stocks and bonds. Towards the end, we’d stop paying other bills and was trying to hold on to the house. I remember one day the letter coming in the mail telling us when and where our home would be put up for sale. I remember crying and crying. My DH called his Dad and dad bailed us out.

Fast forward March 2005. We’re making it and holding on by the straps on our chiny chin chins. When on one Stormy Monday, the Sheriff drops by with not one but two documents by the same Attorney’s office. They are suing me in court for two accounts!! It was then that I started researching everything I could about bankruptcy. I’d had liens on my person so I talked with several attorneys who told me because we had so much equity in the house the BK courts would make us sell the house to pay off the liens if we filed jointly. I got a loan from my Mom and paid off my lien, then read everything I could on AOC and CB about filing Pro Se’. On May 20th I filed my BK. May 31st I pulled my first FICO ever. My lowest score was Equifax (the only one they ever pull in Maryland) and my score was 392. I was and felt like a failure. My DH had always told me to lien on him because his shoulders were bigger than mine. But when I got that FICO I simply could not burden him with that. This problem was mine to shoulder and I would deal with it.

When I was in my 314 meeting the trustee went over my paperwork and said to me, you don’t have anything here for entertainment or extras. Then she looked at my allotted amount for food/groceries and said, “how do you all eat”. You can’t feed a family of 3 off this. I remember having a knot in my throat and tears in my eyes. Saying to myself, she thinks we are poor.

While awaiting my discharge, I read everything I could. I read about the BK friendly creditors. I was reading about how to dispute. I read about the 1-2 punch. I read about debt validation, I read about how IIB accounts should be coded. I opted-out, I read EVERYTHING! I read over and over and over and over again. I was a newbie and I was embarrassed. For God’s sake, I’d filed BK and I was a failure. At least that was the stigmatism associated with it and with me! But as I said earlier, that was BEFORE I found CB. ….And then I started sending my letters. I used everything in that arsenal called CREDIT BOARDS. I yelled out “PRYAN, WHYCHAT, CREDIT PROS …HELP ME!!!” I would read the new posts and see people typing things like, “welcome” or “you are not alone” or my favorite, “welcome to the family”.

It hasn’t been a year since my BK7. I’ve had all of my accounts deleted except one and it is reporting IIB, only the public record is showing and it does not show on Experian. Remember when I was late on the mortgage, well all those lates were recently deleted from all 4 CRAs (Innovus included) and I now have a perfect paying history with my mortgage company. We are in the process of refinancing our home at a great rate and in the last 3 days, I’ve been approved for over $13000 (THIRTEEN THOUSAND DOLLARS) in credit cards.

I’ve learned my lesson, but most importantly, I learned that I am not a failure. I honestly feel like GOD directed me to CB. I don’t think me finding this board was an “accident”.

So while I’ve come a long way, I’m not going anywhere. CBer’s gave to me when I didn’t know if I were coming or going and I plan to be here, to give back. My journey isn’t over but I’m definitely not StormyMondy anymore. I wonder if the Admins will let me change my name to Sunshyne!!!

--------------------
Scores at time of BK7 discharge 8/05:
TU - 410
EQ - 392
EX - 408

Scores effective 6/06
TU - 685
EQ - 680
EX - 652

POST BK CREDIT
11/05 - Orchard Unsecured/$600 - Annual fee waived and $300 increase (07/06)
02/06 - WFS/Autoloan/13.9% (Converted 06/06 to NRL FCU/4.9%)
03/06 - Direct Merchants Bank/$3600 (was 2400, got auto CLI 06/06)
03/06 - Crown Jewelers/$1500
06/06 - Juniper/US Airways/$5k
06/06 - NRL FCU/$3500
06/06 - Juniper/Carnival Sea Miles/$2300
06/06 - Sam's Club/$1200
06/06 - Lowes/$1000
:cry2: 06/06 - JC Penney/$750
06/06 - Walmart/$500
07/06 - Home refi (from 5.65% Arm to 6.125% Fixed)

Stormy

#2 beesud

beesud
  • Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 14 July 2006 - 12:17 AM

I'll celebrate with you CONGRATULATIONS!!!!! :lol: I just started on the creditboards, I mean just in the past month. I want to be very careful before I make a move. I research a little bit as much as I can. I'm still in school, I'm a single mother of two and my three nephews live with us--so, you might as well say a single mother of five! I want a house so bad because I know more children are in my future for me to help. I'm up for that challenge, with GOD's help, of course.

I'm happy to see your name has changed. That's a SURE sign that you have been BLESSED. I'll keep my eye out for you as I endeavor to be a success story as well.

#3 CartoonGuy

CartoonGuy
  • Bloggers
  • 172 posts

Posted 11 August 2006 - 06:13 PM

God sent you here is RIGHT!

Congrats and keep on keepin' on!

#4 Sunshyne

Sunshyne
  • Members
  • 1,005 posts

Posted 25 August 2006 - 01:04 PM

I'll celebrate with you CONGRATULATIONS!!!!! :clapping: I just started on the creditboards, I mean just in the past month. I want to be very careful before I make a move. I research a little bit as much as I can. I'm still in school, I'm a single mother of two and my three nephews live with us--so, you might as well say a single mother of five! I want a house so bad because I know more children are in my future for me to help. I'm up for that challenge, with GOD's help, of course.

I'm happy to see your name has changed. That's a SURE sign that you have been BLESSED. I'll keep my eye out for you as I endeavor to be a success story as well.

THANK YOU FOR ALL THE WELL WISHES!!!

Good for you for finding Credit Boards. There is sooooo much knowledge to be found here. Almost anything you are looking for can be found with the search button. And the people are so nice and helpful.

When you feel like you are tired and your credit isn't moving fast enough and it seems like you are losing the fight...take a breath but do not EVER give up. It is SOOOOOO well worth fighting for! I'll look for you shortly in the mortgage forum, when you are looking to buy that home. While the pros can't reach out to you, you can reach out to them. They helped me refi at 6.1% (remember less than 8 months out of BK) so I know they can help you too!

Good luck and welcome!

#5 Sunshyne

Sunshyne
  • Members
  • 1,005 posts

Posted 25 August 2006 - 01:06 PM

God sent you here is RIGHT!

Congrats and keep on keepin' on!

Yes he did because I've been able to help so many people from what I've learned here! I'm helping DH establish his Bus Credit and improve his personal credit. So you look out for us!

Thanks for the well wishes and I will "Keep on keepin' on!"

#6 Sultan

Sultan
  • Members
  • 3,699 posts

Posted 26 August 2006 - 02:20 PM

Couldn't pass this one bye.

Wow, what a great success story. :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo: :grin: ;) :) :)

#7 Jim in Georgia

Jim in Georgia
  • Newbies
  • 8 posts

Posted 15 November 2006 - 04:18 PM

With tears on my cheeks I read your post. I forgot what it felt like to be in that situation. Now I know why I keep coming back here again and again. I've only been here a few months and the posts and success stories make me realize that I wasn't in as bad-a-shape as I once thought I was. Three new cc's in two months since I joined. Like someone's signature on here says,"Each one, teach one." :aggressive:

#8 BLESSED N TEXAS

BLESSED N TEXAS
  • Members
  • 117 posts

Posted 17 November 2006 - 09:05 PM

Your story is a true blessing and will inspire many others (including myself).
Congrats and keep up the great work!!! :blink: :) :grin: :blink: :) :)

#9 new to Fico and Fako

new to Fico and Fako
  • Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 23 November 2006 - 12:37 AM

Congrats,

It is nice to see someone who went through hard times get back on their feet.
You have a bright future.

Best wishes for continued improvement!

Happy Thanksgiving!

#10 mrsbadcredit101

mrsbadcredit101
  • Newbies
  • 1 posts

Posted 04 December 2006 - 12:32 PM

Even though you have posted this a while back, I am new to CB but ready to start out with tears and hope after reading a lot of these success stories. My scores right now are HORRIBLE
EX- 472
TU-481
EQ- 486

Pray for me but I know that with support from this site and close friends that have used this site I will get to where I want to be. :glare:

#11 Sunshyne

Sunshyne
  • Members
  • 1,005 posts

Posted 04 December 2006 - 03:27 PM

Even though you have posted this a while back, I am new to CB but ready to start out with tears and hope after reading a lot of these success stories. My scores right now are HORRIBLE
EX- 472
TU-481
EQ- 486

Pray for me but I know that with support from this site and close friends that have used this site I will get to where I want to be. :P

YOU hang in there. It seems bad right now because I am sure this is all you can focus on. Start reading the Newbie section and learning all you can about the laws that protect you as a consumer. Utilize everything in the CB arsenal. More importantly.... save, save, save.

It takes patience and perseverance, but it is doable - remember, my EQ score was 392!!! When I last checked it was 685 AND I HAVE A BK!!!

Find yourself a CB Buddy. I have one now and we encourage one another to keep our utilization down, sock drawer cards with high interest rates, pay our debts in full each month and other non-credit related things. She's been great, really supportive and because I can't get to the board too much these days, she keeps me well informed.

You hang in there. Unlike most things in life, "these" results are TYPICAL!!! :)

Sunshyne - formerly known as StormyMondy
That was then--
TU - 410
EQ - 392
EX - 408

This is now!!!
Home refi (from 5.65% Arm to 6.125% Fixed)
Auto Loan - NRL FCU/4.9%
Justice FCU Visa - 15k
NFCU Visa - 10k
NFCU M/C - 10k
NFCU LOC - 10k
Jacksonville FCU Visa - $8600
NRL FCU - Visa/$7500
Juniper/Carnival Sea Miles - $6300
Juniper/US Airways - $5k
Patelco Visa - 5k
Direct Merchants Bank - $3600
WamU - 2k
JC Penney - $1800
Lowes - $1250
Sam's Club - $650
Walmart - $500
Nordstrom - $500

#12 Chane

Chane
  • Banned
  • 95 posts

Posted 27 December 2006 - 11:47 PM

What an amazing story and inspiration for everyone! I'm glad to see things are working out better for you now. Your struggles have made you stronger and wiser!

#13 headabovewater

headabovewater
  • Members
  • 486 posts

Posted 10 January 2007 - 05:14 PM

What an amazing story, Sunshyne!!!!

I am so so so happy for you - CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!
<_< :yahoo: :clapping: :yahoo: :clapping: :yahoo: :clapping: :yahoo:

#14 snafkins

snafkins
  • Members
  • 228 posts

Posted 10 January 2007 - 10:19 PM

Great Story!! I have been reading on this forum and am a little confused. I have a paid off mortgage with several lates on it , and I filed Bk 2 years ago and still have balances showing on several accounts. I am confused in what letters to send who. I would love to get the mortgage account deleted if I could.

#15 Sunshyne

Sunshyne
  • Members
  • 1,005 posts

Posted 11 January 2007 - 09:37 PM

Thanks everyone. I don't get to CB like I used to but my CB buddy keeps me abreast. I've been on the boards a lot within the last 72 hours but tomorrow I will be back in the office and off the boards.

Look! I KNOW this is hard. I KNOW you will feel like giving up, but this fight.... The hardest fight of your life is so well worth it. Without decent credit, good credit, you can't get anything in life that you can hold on to. High interest rates will kill you and if you can't Pay In Full, it is not worth it.

So I encourage you, beg you and plead with you to hang on in there and get your credit cleaned up. If it takes years, do it. It is soooooo worth it. Be picky about what credit cards you will accept and the terms you will take them. Better ones will come along so you don't have to take "anything" and/or "everything". \

Remember in my "success story" I said I "opted out". Well, I am still opted out. I apply for what I want and I find that the Credit Unions have been offering better rates than the banks. Hang in there. I'm going to see if I can find a post I did with some of the letters I used. Keep in mind that this does not work for everyone but it really did work for me.

Good Luck and PM me from time to time. I may not get back to you right away, but I will eventually get back to you.

Sunshyne - formerly known as StormyMondy
That was then--
TU - 410
EQ - 392
EX - 408
No credit cards (all were charged off)

This is now!!!
Home refi (from 5.65% Arm to 6.125% Fixed)
Auto Loan - NRL FCU/4.9%
Justice FCU Visa - 15k
NFCU Visa - 10k
NFCU M/C - 10k
NFCU LOC - 10k
Jacksonville FCU Visa - $8600
NRL FCU - Visa/$7500
Juniper/Carnival Sea Miles - $6300
Juniper/US Airways - $5k
Patelco Visa - 5k
Direct Merchants Bank - $3600
WamU - 2k
JC Penney - $1800
Lowes - $1250
Sam's Club - $650
Walmart - $500
Nordstrom - $500
Macy's - $1k
Bloomingdales - $1k

Currently owe a total of 5k

#16 Jen23514

Jen23514
  • Members
  • 12,565 posts

Posted 17 January 2007 - 10:59 AM

I'll celebrate with you CONGRATULATIONS!!!!! :swoon: I just started on the creditboards, I mean just in the past month. I want to be very careful before I make a move. I research a little bit as much as I can. I'm still in school, I'm a single mother of two and my three nephews live with us--so, you might as well say a single mother of five! I want a house so bad because I know more children are in my future for me to help. I'm up for that challenge, with GOD's help, of course.

THANK YOU FOR ALL THE WELL WISHES!!!

Good for you for finding Credit Boards. There is sooooo much knowledge to be found here. Almost anything you are looking for can be found with the search button. And the people are so nice and helpful.

When you feel like you are tired and your credit isn't moving fast enough and it seems like you are losing the fight...take a breath but do not EVER give up. It is SOOOOOO well worth fighting for! I'll look for you shortly in the mortgage forum, when you are looking to buy that home. While the pros can't reach out to you, you can reach out to them. They helped me refi at 6.1% (remember less than 8 months out of BK) so I know they can help you too!

Good luck and welcome!

I'm just amazed you got that done in less than a year! CONGRATS :rofl:

#17 darumdoll

darumdoll
  • Members
  • 170 posts

Posted 28 January 2007 - 04:42 PM

You give me hope...hope that I desperately need for my family to rehabilitate our credit scores so we can have a good future.

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© Copyright 2003 - 2013 Creditboards.com. All rights reserved. No portion of this site may be reproduced without explicit permission from the owners. The content of creditboards.com is subject solely to the personal whim of its admins. We reserve the right, at our sole discretion, to remove any and all posts or comments, at any time, for any reason which takes our entirely capricious fancy, or for no particular reason whatsoever, without restriction. Comments or questions regarding the site may be addressed to admin@creditboards.com.