Welcome to CreditBoards!

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to CreditBoards! Like most online communities, you must register to post in our community, but don't worry - this is a simple process requiring minimal information for you to sign up. Be a part of CreditBoards by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Read These Items!

• If you're getting an Authentication mismatch error: Clear your cache. Log out of CB. Delete your cookie. Close your browser. Open your browser and log back in.

Photo

Welcome New Members!

• Please log in to reply
1604 replies to this topic

#101 jons121301

jons121301
  • Members
  • 53 posts

Posted 23 May 2007 - 06:47 AM

Wow, I am so glad I found this forum. I been involved with several other forums of various subjects, mostly technical and from reading, reading and more reading (the mantra) I have learned much. I think I am ready to get started recovering from some very poor credit habits. My lifestyle and income changed greatly since Dec. 13, 2001 and now that I have a fairly decent income it's time straighten out finances.

Thanks in adavance those all who dedicated to this site and thier purposes.

Jons
12-13-2001

#102 RVD26

RVD26
  • Members
  • 359 posts

Posted 23 May 2007 - 04:53 PM

Hello everyone
I've been lurking on this site for a few month and finally got the guts to sign up and really get things in order
I just graduated from college a year ago and really need to clean up my credit
I defaulted a few times on my student loan because of a mix up on my parents part
Well, I hope to learn a lot while I am here :clapping:

#103 gi_jane

gi_jane
  • Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 23 May 2007 - 08:45 PM

Thanks for the welcome. After lurking, and procrastinating for almost two years I'm looking forward to using the information I have obtained here to rid myself of those pesky inaccuracies on my credit report. :blink:

#104 breeze

breeze

Site Owners & FC XXXVIII

• Admin
  • 46,240 posts

Posted 23 May 2007 - 10:44 PM

Welcome! I always enjoy reading about those starting their credit "journey."

There is a delay between the time you register and the time you can access members-only forums or post. Don't be shy, we're glad you're here. :blink:

#105 gi_jane

gi_jane
  • Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 23 May 2007 - 11:54 PM

Thanks. As soon as I become a member I plan on picking the brain of everyone here. There are some that are especially schooled in credit repair and quite impressive. :rolleyes:

#106 breeze

breeze

Site Owners & FC XXXVIII

• Admin
  • 46,240 posts

Posted 24 May 2007 - 12:30 AM

You can pick brains in public - feel free, they don't mind. No need to wait. :rolleyes:

#107 smalltowngirl

smalltowngirl
  • Members
  • 71 posts

Posted 26 May 2007 - 09:27 PM

Hi, everyone. :(

I first found the Creditboards through an MSN Money Discussion Board when I was trying to set up a budget after DH and I purchased a home. (Yeah, I worked backward.) I've been lurking here ever since.

I'm hoping to do some credit building in the future, and I consider CB an invaluable source of reference.

Anyway, just wanted to introduce myself properly. :D

#108 Long Road

Long Road
  • Members
  • 98 posts

Posted 27 May 2007 - 04:20 PM

:grin:

Hello everyone!

Reading through the newbie boards, psychdoc's stuff (the 8 transcripts), some of the other boards here... a lot to take in. I primarily arrived here to find some information for someone else, but I've discovered more things that are useful to me as well.

#109 sedrem

sedrem
  • Members
  • 37 posts

Posted 01 June 2007 - 02:04 PM

Hello!
I am another newbie. My friend recommended this site and I'm already liking it! I was one of those college students with a lot of credit cards and at one point had to max out almost each one to make ends meet when my parents said they couldn't help with tuition or rent anymore. I got turned down for student loans and government financing because they made too much money together.

Now I'm almost halfway to paying off the debt but would like to rebuild my credit standing and hoping to be able to buy a new car in the near future. I'm sure I could find useful information on this site to help me reach my goals.

Thank you CB!!

#110 digi

digi
  • Newbies
  • 3 posts

Posted 01 June 2007 - 10:07 PM

Hello,

A business friend of mine pointed me here. He had a great experience over the years and said that this was the place to go if I wanted to learn the ropes.

I had a rocky career with money from 99 (when I joined the navy and turned 18) till about 03, mostly due to my "dynamic" life surrounding me. Anyway, its 2007. I have a business that I'm trying to get off the ground, a 2 year old child (end of this month), a marriage in the future, and schooling in the background. So it is really time to get my stuff together. I'm here because I racked up some bad marks all around that I'd like to find a way to get cleaned up and to learn how to actually build credit, because I honestly have very little beyond what I screwed up in the past. :dntknw:

From what I've read thus far (been looking around since about 11am today lol) this site is just amazing! I even found my actual credit score, which I've never seen, and found out things aren't really as bad as I had thought (according to averages I've seen). I also found that if I do something as simple as getting a $250 line of credit I can possibly jump 10-40 points. Just crazy! Enough rambling though. Thanks for letting me join your presence!

Edited by digi, 01 June 2007 - 10:08 PM.

#111 SynthErsatz

SynthErsatz
  • Newbies
  • 1 posts

Posted 02 June 2007 - 02:22 AM

Hi everyone!

Jena here. Been lurking for several days, and yes it is true, your eyes do start to dry out after reading every waking moment for those several days!

Anyway, I began working on re-establishing the credit I ruined in my early 20's (immaturity and greed, then a layoff) in February 2006 with a few high-interest cards. That helped out a lot, but of course not as fast and furious as I'd really like.

I'm learning ways to put my "sometimes" business to use for me as well here, too.

But I'm really trying to start salvaging my credit as best I know how and getting tips here. My apartment burned down July 4th 2006 and I was badly injured. After a few months in the hospital I started getting the bills that my insurance didn't cover. And I am disabled now and unable to work. Then I got the $26,000.00 "BILL" from my landlord's insurance company --- since the fire was my "fault" (it was). I've been sending letters to them trying to delay delay delay so they don't proceed with a judgement or subpoena or sue me...but I know that's not going to last much longer. The statutes say they have two years and the first is just around the corner. Just paid an attorney $250 today to hopefully send them a letter saying basically "you can't get water out of a dry well" approach. HOPEFULLY that will work... keeping my fingers crossed. Thanks for all the stories, posts, and advice everyone.
Jena

#112 Long Road

Long Road
  • Members
  • 98 posts

Posted 03 June 2007 - 01:42 AM

Jena here. Been lurking for several days, and yes it is true, your eyes do start to dry out after reading every waking moment for those several days!

:D

lol too true

#113 cmoz

cmoz
  • Members
  • 1,377 posts

Posted 05 June 2007 - 06:17 PM

What is PFB? Couldn't locate the glossary/acronym sections on this board. Please help!

#114 TroyF

TroyF
  • Newbies
  • 1 posts

Posted 06 June 2007 - 08:40 PM

[font=Arial]Hello everyone!
I have to give credit where it's due. My co-worker, Peter, brought me up to speed on getting my credit back to where it should be.
I'm a 37 year old airline professional and have not-so-good credit scores with some bad debt still looming. This is the beginning of my journey, not only to fiscal health, but eventually to a secure state of modest wealth.
Your help and support are appreciated!

#115 jazkayla

jazkayla
  • Newbies
  • 6 posts

Posted 08 June 2007 - 08:46 AM

I like the information that I have found as well.

Thanks for the invitation.

#116 damier

damier
  • Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 15 June 2007 - 09:03 AM

I am glad i found this forum. I have learned alot. :(

#117 skunza

skunza
  • Newbies
  • 9 posts

Posted 17 June 2007 - 11:55 PM

I'm currently a newbie, i have posted about 6 posts so far. Does anyone know how long it takes to be able to use the email and messenger feature? Thanks

#118 bird2006

bird2006
  • Members
  • 735 posts

Posted 19 June 2007 - 09:53 AM

Hello, I joined a loooong while back, but I am now ready to get it started!

#119 bird2006

bird2006
  • Members
  • 735 posts

Posted 20 June 2007 - 08:13 AM

Can you point me in the direction on how to mark a topic? The only way I have found to mark them is to post in the thread. I don't want to bump every thread that I want to re-read when I don't have anything else to add to the conversation except "bump".

TIA!

#120 oneccrazeegyrl_007

oneccrazeegyrl_007
  • Newbies
  • 1 posts

Posted 20 June 2007 - 05:04 PM

:cry2: Hello!. I will need both Jesus and all your wonderful advise to get my score to a decent number. Poor judgement on my part. ANY and ALL help and suggestions would greatly be appreciated. And my score are....hope your seating down....Tran 518 Equi 453 and Exper 467. I have to buy a car in December ... so here we go. Thanks :cry2:

#121 keith39

keith39
  • Newbies
  • 3 posts

Posted 20 June 2007 - 07:52 PM

Hello guys, new to CB and i'm sure glad i found you guys. I need some advice, i recently recieved a call from a CA about a debt, i postdated a check for 06-29-07 to get account out collections, this was before i found your site, is it too late for help on this or what can i do. THANK"S

#122 Clara Varner

Clara Varner
  • Newbies
  • 5 posts

Posted 25 June 2007 - 05:39 AM

I found CB through a search engine, sometime after my then-boyfriend asked me if I had good credit.

I realized I didn't even know what "good credit" or "bad credit" actually meant. After making a few mistakes in my younger years, I could only assume it was BAD... and after years of living without "credit," I decided to find out where I stood. (Which wasn't bad, thanks to that 7 year rule-- but was almost non-existent, after years of not using credit at all.) I only wish I had found CB earlier.

Thanks to CB I am making educated and responsible credit choices, this time around. My experience has taught me to be grateful and to protect my credit. Halleluyah! I feel a whole new world has been opened to me...

Thank you all! :)

#123 AlwaysMe2B

AlwaysMe2B
  • Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 26 June 2007 - 06:38 PM

:dntknw: Hi everyone ... I've been a lurker in here for several months now & have learned quite a bit from all of you! I am on a fixed income & working on repairing my credit over the next year. My credit report has more medical on it than anything, but I am preparing to get a couple of duplicate entries removed.

I want to say thank you to the people who founded this board b/c you guys so totally rock!

Have a great day!

#124 dejuan2

dejuan2
  • Members
  • 151 posts

Posted 27 June 2007 - 12:50 PM

What is an F/R?

#125 ericgunit

ericgunit

Post BK Credit Ninja

• Members
  • 2,759 posts

Posted 28 June 2007 - 10:13 AM

Hello,

I actually found CB by running a yahoo search for "credit cards that use equifax" (my highest score). It took me to yahoo questions and answers and someone listed CB as the link to get information like that. I found creditpulls and that was exactly what I was looking for and I will tell you why. I have been trying to fix my credit for awhile now and have been through some rough periods in my life. It has gotten better in the last few years using tips I have learned from others and also having alot of patience. When I started to fix my credit back in 2003, my scores were in the low to mid 500's. I had (2) tax liens until recently I paid them off, a few collections and a charge off. No bankruptcies or anything like that.

So after some cleaning up my scores were up to the low 600's (still had liens showing) and I qualified for a home loan at a reasonably good rate. This was in 2005

2006 is where I kind of got into trouble again and took a step backwards and I am trying to fix that now. I went a little crazy and started applying for credit cards AGAIN. I was approved for AMEX Clear, Delta Gold and the One card (charge card). I also had Capital One and HSBC. I ran all of these cards pretty close to the limits (Total = $9,000) and then realized that my rates were really high. That is what brought me to CB. I was at my wits end paying these off every month and I wanted to find a card that only used equifax (661) to run a credit check. I succesfully disputed the tax liens and they do not show on equifax but show on the others. I have been a member of Navy Federal Credit Union since 1992 but I never thought I could get any credit cards or loans from them until my scores were higher. I went to credit pulls and ran a search on them and I saw that people with lower equifax scores were getting approved for pretty high limits. Long story short -- I was approved for Visa, $12,500 @ 10.9% fixed and a MC with $7,500 @10.9%. I transferred everything to the Visa and paid off the 2 tax liens (finally :huh: )!!! last week as well. I am curious to see how this will affect my scores when the changes get reported to the credit agencies.

Thanks to CB I am less stressed and I have been getting very valuable information on managing my credit and fixing some other issues I have been dragging around with me for years. I am no expert, but I will say to my fellow newbies to read and follow the information you see on CB. I am 35 years old now and I wish I would of read this stuff years ago. Use your credit cards wisely and read the terms, watch the inquiries, pay your bills on time (no lates) and most of all be patient. Fixing damaged credit takes time but the rewards are great and it could be done in way less time than it took me and I still have more work to do. Good luck!

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© Copyright 2003 - 2013 Creditboards.com. All rights reserved. No portion of this site may be reproduced without explicit permission from the owners. The content of creditboards.com is subject solely to the personal whim of its admins. We reserve the right, at our sole discretion, to remove any and all posts or comments, at any time, for any reason which takes our entirely capricious fancy, or for no particular reason whatsoever, without restriction. Comments or questions regarding the site may be addressed to admin@creditboards.com.