Welcome to CreditBoards!

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to CreditBoards! Like most online communities, you must register to post in our community, but don't worry - this is a simple process requiring minimal information for you to sign up. Be a part of CreditBoards by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Read These Items!

• If you're getting an Authentication mismatch error: Clear your cache. Log out of CB. Delete your cookie. Close your browser. Open your browser and log back in.

Photo

Welcome New Members!

• Please log in to reply
1684 replies to this topic

#1276 WilliamsJK2

WilliamsJK2
  • Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 03 March 2012 - 11:24 AM

Hi guys,

I've been lurking this forums for a while, been a decently active member of myfico forums. I'm 26 and was completely irresponsible with credit in college and am paying the price for it now. I'm actively working to clean up my CR's and am winning little battles here and there. I went from a 540 something to a 641 in about 4 months though, so I'm definitely on the right track.

Thanks to everyone on these forums who is willing to help other people with their problems. It's an amazing community and I hope that some day soon I can join the ranks of having a clean credit sheet and be able to do the same.

#1277 MrPlastik

MrPlastik
  • Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 21 March 2012 - 01:40 AM

It's about time I joined! My credit journey started just a little over a year ago. CB has been a valuable tool on getting me started.

I currently have 8 active accounts now --> time to slooow down.

#1278 archieb

archieb
  • Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 21 March 2012 - 01:50 AM

Hello CB!

I've been reading the newbie info prior to registering this whole month.

I'm excited to begin my process. Thanks for welcoming me to this great site and community!

#1279 breeze

breeze

Site Owners & FC XXXVIII <3

• Admin
  • 47,207 posts

Posted 21 March 2012 - 10:55 AM

:wave:

#1280 1toots

1toots
  • Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 21 March 2012 - 11:02 AM

I'm glad to be here. I'm rebuilding after BK 7/2011 and finding lots of great info here. I'm having success in my efforts, and some of the success is due to CreditBoard. Thanks for being here.

Bankruptcy is NOT the end of the world.

BK discharged 7/2011

New credit cards since 9/2011 BK:

Cap One $1500
Cap One 500 (Rewards)
Barclay's 2500 (Rewards)
Alliant 500
NFCU 2500 (Rewards) (Third app at NFCU)

Scores (3/19):
Experian 685
Equifax 665
Transunion 665

I might have given up on Navy, and wouldn't have known about Alliant if not for CreditBoards!

#1281 jse1251

jse1251
  • Newbies
  • 2 posts

Posted 24 March 2012 - 07:11 AM

Hi
New to the forum, but I've been reading for a while. Just trying to learn all I can about credit and how to achieve a really high score. My current scores are eq=766,exp=776, and tu=739. I pay all my bills on time or early. My short term goal is to reach 800 and long term is 850. Not sure how reasonable reaching 850 is, but I am going to try.

#1282 americnmomma

americnmomma
  • Members
  • 54 posts

Posted 26 March 2012 - 01:39 PM

Hi, I decided to finally take control of my credit score and clean up past mistakes made in college. Thanks to everyone for their knowledge and advice.

#1283 vgirl17

vgirl17

Bump Influence XLIV

• Members
  • 42 posts

Posted 28 March 2012 - 07:53 AM

Hi everyone!

I'm new to the forum but have been reading up and learning a lot. I am currently trying to get two old CA off of my DH credit report that were illegally re-aged. It's been a headache so far but I'm glad for all of the great resources on here! I have proof (old credit reports) that they re-aged the accounts and TU still did not remove or update them! Uggh! I haven't given up though.

~ V

#1284 Kidcredit

Kidcredit
  • Newbies
  • 1 posts

Posted 28 March 2012 - 02:20 PM

Hey you!

I'm new to this forum and absorbing all knowledge that you have to offer based on your previous experiences. I had never had any credit accounts and had some state tax liens and collection accounts on my credit files to top it off. Last credit score pull was 550 in 08/2011. I actively began the rebuilding process in 09/2011 by getting a secured card from Capital One, secured loan from credit union and pay for deletes from COs. I am now looking at to add more positive accounts in the future. Have heard good things about Fingerhut. Recommendations?

#1285 EdOz

EdOz
  • Members
  • 41 posts

Posted 30 March 2012 - 11:43 AM

Hi guys.. found this forum awhile back and already its giving me some hope that I can salvage my credit. Learning about all the letters I can send and am about to do a full court press. Pre-HIPAA letters to the CRAs, three validation letters to CA's, and two goodwill letters to another two creditors. Think this is a solid start!

Credit Scores: are TU 613 (3/30), EX 573 (3/21), EQ 575 (3/21) - via TrueCredit. I would love to get all of these to the mid 600s by the end of the year. But I've seen people do far better. excited to see what happens!

#1286 johnny5

johnny5
  • Members
  • 474 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 05:22 PM

Hello all,

I've been reading for a little while now and I recently decided that it was time I finally made an account and I have started positing a little bit here and there.

I'm 26 and live in beautiful southern california. I recently got a transfer with my job to relocate here, I had been living in NY for college originally and then my job.

Heres the short version of my credit saga, I was stupid and now hopefully I've learned how not to be.

Longer version, I started the credit repair journey with bunch of little collections issues on my credit total value under $2k, initially I wanted to fix things so I could buy a new car. I managed to do that and at a 2.9% rate, not too bad. The main thing that started it was the dealership I wanted to go thru ran my credit and was like hey you have less that $2k in collections/bad marks make all or at least most of it go away and your good. Being a little more interested in keeping more money than giving it away, I started researching things and discovered some of these things probably where not even me, some where way to old to report, etc a whole host. I figured out how i'd approach each item and wrote the letters. All but one gone without a trace of my credit within 2 weeks of sending my first letters, I was Shocked to say the least. Went Back to the dealership they ran it where happy and got me pre-approved with BMW finical for my loan bought my car and everything was grand. However I had started this fight and I was not going to walk away with out it being over, Some of the letters I finally got reposes too, some just disappeared, etc. I formed my next plan of attack and then my new car loan hits my credit, surprise surprise 2 new companies with 2 new debts come forward saying I owe them too... Needless to say I have not given up the fight and am dealing with each issues as it comes back up.

Thanks to everyone here for all the advice, sharing of personal stories etc. I did not even think I could do this on my own until I came across CB.

The CA's I'm dealing with are:
(I say dealing because it seems they like to pop backup later.)

NCO
Convergent
EOS Group

I don't know if its a good or bad thing that some of the alleged debts are handled by the same companies.

I'm going to shut up now, I tend to like to over explain/talk so feel free to tell me if I do that!

Thanks Again everyone and I look forward to some great discussions!

#1287 DIAF

DIAF
  • Newbies
  • 0 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 09:22 PM

Hi

Trying to clean up my FICO scores after the credit bust. Have had good success in reducing my debt by settling on delinquent accounts to the point where I have 1 remaining. Now I need to get my FICO up, which is 560 with Equifax. Going to start sending dispute letters to the CRAs very soon.

#1288 snugglening

snugglening
  • Newbies
  • 0 posts

Posted 06 April 2012 - 09:36 PM

Hi ladies/gents

Im a new guy that came from a another board. I have very strong credit scores throughout my life and now I am starting my business sadly around the sametime I learning how to use credit cards for rewards. I kept the amex blue since 2007 and thought I was the man when I was spending 20k for the last 3 years and getting cash rebates for $300 a year. Only if i had more guts back then to get in and get credit card bonuses. I am also hoping to be able to provide some useful info for other members.

#1289 Guest_MBennett_*

Guest_MBennett_*
  • Guests

Posted 07 April 2012 - 03:08 PM

Hello there,

I have tried to contact the adminstrators but found every avenue blocked....

I wondered if I might tell all your members about a new piece of Software available for adding images directly into your MSN messages as you type them. Simply drag and drop from SmileyPad into the message and it appears instantly.

Being a full time working Mum I cannot afford corporate advertising, especially for a free product.

No messing around adding the images to your MSN internal library and you can add any image you want to your SmileyPad simply by drag and drop from the internet too.

The best thing about SmileyPad is that it is FREE! I was fed up with the lack of free software that did not have spyware, adware, malware so I wrote my own - it is completely free of any 'wares' and does just what it says on the tin.

You can find it at http://www.smileypad.com

#1290 breeze

breeze

• Admin
  • 47,207 posts

Posted 07 April 2012 - 03:33 PM

That's old - I don't think smileypad works any more.

#1291 apumista

apumista
  • Newbies
  • 1 posts

Posted 10 April 2012 - 01:29 PM

Hello all!

My goal is to DV the one annoying little *$75* CA on all 3 of the bureau reports Texas style! All the information offered here is amazing and I am specially thankful for the Texas thread and all its contributors!

#1292 InProcess79

InProcess79
  • Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 12:15 PM

Loving the site... Just stopping to say hello!!!

#1293 Twiggsta

Twiggsta
  • Newbies
  • 2 posts

Posted 14 April 2012 - 02:32 PM

What's going board, was referred here when I was asking questions about how to improve my credit scoreThis board look great and has a lot of information that I can use!!!And I will refer more people to this board!!!

#1294 breeze

breeze

• Admin
  • 47,207 posts

Posted 14 April 2012 - 02:55 PM

:wave:

#1295 Twiggsta

Twiggsta
  • Newbies
  • 2 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 12:05 PM

felt need to tell a little bit more info...

I want to buy a home.

my budget is really modest no more than 70 grand.

due to some really horrible decisions in life my credit is horrible but I played the waiting game and haven't used credit since 2003...

my score in 03 was a dismal 390+...

in 2012 it's EQ 553, EX 553, and TU 562 (see those abbreviations I am reading!!!)

due to some smart decisions in life I qualify for a couple programs notably the VA loan and good neighbor next door program

I want to buy a home in the next 60 days

so through credit repair is a long term option but quick fixes to get score to 600 would be great as well

I know it won't happen over night but hell what if?

#1296 breeze

breeze

• Admin
  • 47,207 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 06:04 PM

Welcome Twig! Start a thread in the main credit forum, and post your situation there. You'll get some help pulling that score up.

#1297 2seven

2seven
  • Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 20 April 2012 - 07:41 PM

"...irritate the other party into submission." - psych doc

After reading through many of the suggested threads, I came across this little blurb. I am thinking about getting this tattooed on me:P

This is going to be what gets me through the credit repair process. So I am new here, recently began credit repair and looking forward to the help from this board's plethora of wisdom, knowledge, tactics, research, and so on. I hope to share my successes as well as my failures in order to help others dig themselves out of the credit swamp.

#1298 tifozi

tifozi

Bump Influence XLV

• Members
  • 371 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 02:54 AM

Hello

Stopping by after a long time! Scores are in the 800s now :)

#1299 tifozi

tifozi

Bump Influence XLV

• Members
  • 371 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 02:56 AM

hello

Stopping by after a long time! My scores are in the 800s now and I just came here to get some feedback on which cards to apply ( I know haha! )

#1300 Caramelle

Caramelle
  • Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 08:23 AM

Hi all,

I've been reading the forums for about a week now. My husband was under- and unemployed for almost 2 years and it really got us into trouble. We both became quite depressed and made the huge mistake of ignoring summonses, etc. and so we have a lot to dig out from. He's now gainfully employed with a wonderful company (phew!) and we are trying to get back on track.

We have some big baddies but only a total of 4 on my CR so I am trying to clear up mine first. We are hoping to get at least one of our CRs to look decent in a year's time as we are planning to move into a much nicer rental and the homes we're looking at all involve credit checks.
Hubby's CR will take quite awhile to clear - I believe he has 23 negatives and at least 6 are judgments. :(

Thanks in advance for the help. The forums have already been a wealth of knowledge and luckily I like to research and sink my teeth into a good project, lol.

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© Copyright 2003 - 2013 Creditboards.com. All rights reserved. No portion of this site may be reproduced without explicit permission from the owners. The content of creditboards.com is subject solely to the personal whim of its admins. We reserve the right, at our sole discretion, to remove any and all posts or comments, at any time, for any reason which takes our entirely capricious fancy, or for no particular reason whatsoever, without restriction. Comments or questions regarding the site may be addressed to admin@creditboards.com.