Welcome to CreditBoards!

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to CreditBoards! Like most online communities, you must register to post in our community, but don't worry - this is a simple process requiring minimal information for you to sign up. Be a part of CreditBoards by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Read These Items!

• If you're getting an Authentication mismatch error: Clear your cache. Log out of CB. Delete your cookie. Close your browser. Open your browser and log back in.

Photo

Miklndenver's success....Thanks CB

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Miklndenver

Miklndenver
  • Members
  • 38 posts

Posted 23 December 2005 - 09:11 PM

I apologize that this will be a condensed version due to me wanting to give readers an insight on my personal hardships. If you have any questions feel free to PM or email Miklnco@yahoo.com. I don't claim
to be good at writing, but I made myself a promise to share my story when my goals were met. Life threw my wife and I some devastating blows a few years past. In early 2002, I made the decision to move my family to the Denver Suburbs from Oklahoma City. I was out visiting my sis on vacation and fell in love with the area. With no job prospects at all and $14K in a 401K, I told my wife what I wanted to do and she backed me up(thinking im crazy no less). I figured $14K would get us by six mos and I wouldnt have a problem finding work. The money was gone in about four mos and I was still unemployed. I finally landed a great job with the same OK company, just in Denver and things were looking up. My wife was given a full time position with a company she was temping at and things were going great. I had fell behind one payment on our 99 Suburban but made arrangements with GMAC to make up the two payments on the following Tues. They agreed and even said all was fine on Mon but still came and repo'd that same night. Within one week, my company went bankrupt. My wife was involved in a serious accident(not her fault). She was unable to work for six mos. I quickly found work, not wanting to put us in the same situation we were in earlier in the year. The job was great and offered me lots of hours to make some headway. Our credit was in the low 500's. Numerous collections, repo, medical bills and no open credit accounts. I couldn't even get a checking account. That's when I ran across CreditBoards. I spent countless hours up late reading every post I could. I was determine to change the lifestyle my family lived. I bought Microsoft Money and stuck to a very strict budget. Tracking every dollar we spent. In the meantime my wife got better and started working through a temp service again. I was able to open a checking/savings account and continued working on my credit disputes and paying off what I could. I then concentrated on getting a credit card. I was able to get a Household Mastercard with a $200 limit. Followed by Target, Chevron, Jared Jewelers, etc. I paid EVERYTHING on credit and either paid in full at the end of the month or at least $50/monthly.
Then following Marvbear's advice tried Chrysler for an 04 PT Cruiser. It was approved no prob. My wife told me she would be permanent status at her job very soon. Six mos later, I was making good money and wanted to buy my wife a nice, safe vehicle. I applied to HSBC auto finance and they told me I was approved for $41K...ROFLMAO. One week, and twenty different vehicle test drives later I bought my wife an 04 BMW 325. The following weekend my wife got a call and they told her she was laid off. I told her to keep the faith and call the temp agency Monday. She did and they landed her a temp job with a major employer. She loved the job and was hired full time a few months later. My credit score was now in the low 600's. We started looking at houses figuring we might be able to buy in a few years. After countless hours on the mortgage forum we decided to have a new home built. Most mortgage brokers told us no way could we qualify with our credit scores. I kept knocking on doors and reading. Long story short we secured financing through Countrywide (3yr ARM) and moved into our 4000sq ft home three mos ago. Another goal was to start a small business on the side. I read everything I could on the business forum and now have a small home based business license, phone, 3 cell phones, Home Depot Card and just yesterday was approved for AMEX gold for business. My point......don't give up, knowledge is power. You reap what you sow. Finally, I must give credit to the Man upstairs. Through all the bad, and good times, I have remained in constant prayer and always give thanks to God. He helped me through it all. I couldn't have acheived my accomplishments if it were not for the people responsible for CreditBoards and God. Thanks Creditboards!!!

#2 Pavlov

Pavlov
  • Members
  • 8,001 posts

Posted 23 December 2005 - 09:16 PM

I can't imagine reading all that text with no punctuation, but I am gathering you are happy, so I am happy for you!

YIPPEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

#3 JusBkz

JusBkz
  • Members
  • 35 posts

Posted 23 December 2005 - 09:37 PM

WOW and CONGRADS 2 U!

Thanks for sharing your story with us. Posts like these help me keep the faith that I too will have success.
:angel:

#4 WiserWoman

WiserWoman
  • Members
  • 39 posts

Posted 26 December 2005 - 07:27 PM

Miklndenver,

Congrats and God bless you and your wife. Thanks for sharing your story. You will probably never know how much hope you've sown with it.

Yes, indeed, all the glory to the Man Upstairs. He always makes a way out of no way. He may not come when you call him, but he's always, ALWAYS right on time!

WiserWoman

#5 rigirl

rigirl
  • Members
  • 2,517 posts

Posted 28 December 2005 - 12:57 PM

This is an awesome success story!!! Proud of you for the hard work!!

#6 rigirl

rigirl
  • Members
  • 2,517 posts

Posted 28 December 2005 - 12:57 PM

duplicate post

Edited by rigirl, 28 December 2005 - 12:58 PM.

#7 Hobbes

Hobbes
  • Members
  • 88 posts

Posted 27 March 2006 - 04:44 AM

Thanks for sharing your story. I was truly encouraged by it.

#8 Cloak&Dagger

Cloak&Dagger
  • Members
  • 2,262 posts

Posted 27 March 2006 - 11:23 AM

Truly an awesome story...congrats on not giving up when things seemed to be out of control. It takes a lot to get through what you went through.

:clapping: :clapping: :clapping:

#9 Sultan

Sultan
  • Members
  • 3,699 posts

Posted 03 April 2006 - 01:25 AM

Truly an awesome story...congrats on not giving up when things seemed to be out of control. It takes a lot to get through what you went through.

:) :) :clapping:

Well put!

Couldn't have said it better.

MASSIVELY HUGE CONGRATS! :)

Double thumb up on this one. ;)

#10 mamiof3

mamiof3
  • Members
  • 651 posts

Posted 26 October 2006 - 08:43 AM

I apologize that this will be a condensed version due to me wanting to give readers an insight on my personal hardships. If you have any questions feel free to PM or email Miklnco@yahoo.com. I don't claim
to be good at writing, but I made myself a promise to share my story when my goals were met. Life threw my wife and I some devastating blows a few years past. In early 2002, I made the decision to move my family to the Denver Suburbs from Oklahoma City. I was out visiting my sis on vacation and fell in love with the area. With no job prospects at all and $14K in a 401K, I told my wife what I wanted to do and she backed me up(thinking im crazy no less). I figured $14K would get us by six mos and I wouldnt have a problem finding work. The money was gone in about four mos and I was still unemployed. I finally landed a great job with the same OK company, just in Denver and things were looking up. My wife was given a full time position with a company she was temping at and things were going great. I had fell behind one payment on our 99 Suburban but made arrangements with GMAC to make up the two payments on the following Tues. They agreed and even said all was fine on Mon but still came and repo'd that same night. Within one week, my company went bankrupt. My wife was involved in a serious accident(not her fault). She was unable to work for six mos. I quickly found work, not wanting to put us in the same situation we were in earlier in the year. The job was great and offered me lots of hours to make some headway. Our credit was in the low 500's. Numerous collections, repo, medical bills and no open credit accounts. I couldn't even get a checking account. That's when I ran across CreditBoards. I spent countless hours up late reading every post I could. I was determine to change the lifestyle my family lived. I bought Microsoft Money and stuck to a very strict budget. Tracking every dollar we spent. In the meantime my wife got better and started working through a temp service again. I was able to open a checking/savings account and continued working on my credit disputes and paying off what I could. I then concentrated on getting a credit card. I was able to get a Household Mastercard with a $200 limit. Followed by Target, Chevron, Jared Jewelers, etc. I paid EVERYTHING on credit and either paid in full at the end of the month or at least $50/monthly.
Then following Marvbear's advice tried Chrysler for an 04 PT Cruiser. It was approved no prob. My wife told me she would be permanent status at her job very soon. Six mos later, I was making good money and wanted to buy my wife a nice, safe vehicle. I applied to HSBC auto finance and they told me I was approved for $41K...ROFLMAO. One week, and twenty different vehicle test drives later I bought my wife an 04 BMW 325. The following weekend my wife got a call and they told her she was laid off. I told her to keep the faith and call the temp agency Monday. She did and they landed her a temp job with a major employer. She loved the job and was hired full time a few months later. My credit score was now in the low 600's. We started looking at houses figuring we might be able to buy in a few years. After countless hours on the mortgage forum we decided to have a new home built. Most mortgage brokers told us no way could we qualify with our credit scores. I kept knocking on doors and reading. Long story short we secured financing through Countrywide (3yr ARM) and moved into our 4000sq ft home three mos ago. Another goal was to start a small business on the side. I read everything I could on the business forum and now have a small home based business license, phone, 3 cell phones, Home Depot Card and just yesterday was approved for AMEX gold for business. My point......don't give up, knowledge is power. You reap what you sow. Finally, I must give credit to the Man upstairs. Through all the bad, and good times, I have remained in constant prayer and always give thanks to God. He helped me through it all. I couldn't have acheived my accomplishments if it were not for the people responsible for CreditBoards and God. Thanks Creditboards!!!

Congrats! Be careful with that ARM though! :angry:

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© Copyright 2003 - 2013 Creditboards.com. All rights reserved. No portion of this site may be reproduced without explicit permission from the owners. The content of creditboards.com is subject solely to the personal whim of its admins. We reserve the right, at our sole discretion, to remove any and all posts or comments, at any time, for any reason which takes our entirely capricious fancy, or for no particular reason whatsoever, without restriction. Comments or questions regarding the site may be addressed to admin@creditboards.com.