Welcome to CreditBoards!

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to CreditBoards! Like most online communities, you must register to post in our community, but don't worry - this is a simple process requiring minimal information for you to sign up. Be a part of CreditBoards by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Read These Items!

• If you're getting an Authentication mismatch error: Clear your cache. Log out of CB. Delete your cookie. Close your browser. Open your browser and log back in.

Photo

Newbies - for more than 60 days

• Please log in to reply
133 replies to this topic

#126 disnugaswagg

disnugaswagg
  • Members
  • 853 posts

Posted 14 July 2011 - 05:18 PM

yes member status for me also! thanks

#127 movinonup2850

movinonup2850
  • Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 11 October 2011 - 09:02 PM

Respectfully request member status. THANK YOU!!

#128 breeze

breeze

Site Owners & FC XXXVIII <3

• Admin
  • 47,268 posts

Posted 11 October 2011 - 09:10 PM

This is for people who have been members longer than 60 days, but who do not post much. :)

#129 movinonup2850

movinonup2850
  • Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 30 October 2011 - 08:05 PM

This is for people who have been members longer than 60 days, but who do not post much. :)

60 days is such a long time... I'll be deployed to Japan by then! :( lol its ok I'll just keep readin/studyin. :) thanks!!

#130 nunya

nunya
  • Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 08 December 2011 - 05:09 PM

I guess I am a bit of a noob even though I signed up a few years ago. I did about an hour and a half of reading here and was armed with enough information to defend myself against Wells Fargo. I won my case and didnt have to pay them the 7k they were suing me for. They tried to reopen the claim and again I used all my credit boards knowledge and crushed them to a dust. Judge threw it out :-)

Now I am in a new situation and not sure where to find the info I need. I had a business and owe a former vendor some money and have a collection agency breathing down my neck. I sent the cease and desist letters that have worked in the past but this guy just called me about a month after receiving that letter and says that after he stopped laughing they were coming after me and that I am not incorporated so I am personally responsible etc. I didnt really listen I just said send me proof and he got ugly so I hung up. I did however catch him say that this was a completely different matter when commercial and my cease and desist is a joke.

If you've been a member more than 60 days, and do not yet have member status, post in this thread. I'll fix it. Be patient, I'm expecting a crowd in here!! Line forms to the left...

#131 breeze

breeze

• Admin
  • 47,268 posts

Posted 08 December 2011 - 05:21 PM

I fixed your account for you. What he's referring to is that business account collections are not subject to the FDCPA. The usual letters, rules about phone calls, etc do not apply. If you were a sole proprietor, then yes, he will come after you personally. If you had formed any kind of business entity, then he has to pursue the entity except for debts where you personally guaranteed them.

He sounds like a total jerk.

You need to start your own thread in the business or credit forum. You won't get a lot of attention here. I'm probably the only person who checks this thread for comments. ;)

#132 nunya

nunya
  • Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 08 December 2011 - 06:04 PM

That helps!! Where do I find the business forum?

I fixed your account for you. What he's referring to is that business account collections are not subject to the FDCPA. The usual letters, rules about phone calls, etc do not apply. If you were a sole proprietor, then yes, he will come after you personally. If you had formed any kind of business entity, then he has to pursue the entity except for debts where you personally guaranteed them.

He sounds like a total jerk.

You need to start your own thread in the business or credit forum. You won't get a lot of attention here. I'm probably the only person who checks this thread for comments. ;)

#133 breeze

breeze

• Admin
  • 47,268 posts

Posted 08 December 2011 - 06:16 PM

http://creditboards....hp?showforum=27

#134 TurboScot

TurboScot
  • Newbies
  • 1 posts

Posted 18 March 2012 - 01:43 PM

Cant wait until I can be a member! Gotta do the time though, *pouting*. I'll be back when i have the required experience!!

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© Copyright 2003 - 2013 Creditboards.com. All rights reserved. No portion of this site may be reproduced without explicit permission from the owners. The content of creditboards.com is subject solely to the personal whim of its admins. We reserve the right, at our sole discretion, to remove any and all posts or comments, at any time, for any reason which takes our entirely capricious fancy, or for no particular reason whatsoever, without restriction. Comments or questions regarding the site may be addressed to admin@creditboards.com.