Welcome to CreditBoards!

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to CreditBoards! Like most online communities, you must register to post in our community, but don't worry - this is a simple process requiring minimal information for you to sign up. Be a part of CreditBoards by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Read These Items!

• If you're getting an Authentication mismatch error: Clear your cache. Log out of CB. Delete your cookie. Close your browser. Open your browser and log back in.

Photo

What A Difference A Year Makes

• Please log in to reply
66 replies to this topic

#1 Curious

Curious
  • Members
  • 11,333 posts

Posted 23 November 2005 - 07:50 PM

I joined Creditboard exactly a year ago this month. I had been trying to work on my credit for a few months before finding CB but without much success.

A little about my history. I became very ill a few years ago and was unable to work for 2 yrs. With 2 children and a only a small amount of child support as income I was forced to file BK13 to try and save my home from foreclosure. On the advice from my atty, I filed a 2nd BK13 to stop foreclsoure again. When my health just wasn't improving, I finally filed a BK7.

When I started my credit repair with CB, I had 3 BK's, a Foreclosure, many collections and 10-15 negative TL's on each report. I had 2 credit cards: Cap 1 for $300 and Orchard for $300. My scores ranged from low to mid 500's.

I started cleaning my report. I got all the BK's deleted from EQ, 2 BK's deleted from TU and none from EX. I've deleted all collections from all reports except 1 collection for $30 from EX which is marked "in dispute.". I've had my mortgage deleted completely off EQ and EX, it shows on TU but no mention of Foreclosure.

I've added 15 new TL's, my latest being a $5000 Visa approval from USAA. I also have $2000 Visa from Providian and $1500 Visa from State Farm. Other cards I've been approved for are MATCU(local CU), Target, Dillards, Walmart, Carecredit, Lowes, Patelco Vacation Loan, Local furniture acct and an automobile loan.

My Fico scores now range from 655 to 670 and are steadily climbing. I hope to reach 700 in the next few months. My plans are to get a Mtg in May so I will just let my accounts age for now.

I just want to thank CB for being so patient with me and giving me the knowledge to be able to repair my credit. I even once posted that I thought my credit was beyond repair with 3 BK's, but with the help of CB I've accomplished that feat.

To all those that are just beginning your credit repair journey, don't give up. There will be times when you will feel overwhelmed, take a break and come back later but don't give up. If my credit can be repaired, anyone can.

Again, thank you CB from the very bottom of my heart.

Edited by Curious, 23 November 2005 - 08:05 PM.

#2 hurricanesfans27

hurricanesfans27

CB ombudsman

• Forum Leads
  • 18,492 posts

Posted 23 November 2005 - 07:55 PM

kewl!!!!!!!!!

#3 TooMuchTooFast

TooMuchTooFast
  • Members
  • 1,871 posts

Posted 23 November 2005 - 08:21 PM

Congrats! It's always good to read success stories.

#4 edna mode

edna mode
  • Members
  • 733 posts

Posted 23 November 2005 - 08:26 PM

CONGRATS TO YOU!!! :rofl:

You should be so very proud of your success! It truly is amazing what the information found on these boards can do for you isn't it? Your the perfect example of what hard work, research and applying the knowledge that can be found here can result in.

Congratulations on an amazing journey and so much success...that is just fantastic!!! :rofl:

#5 JMB

JMB
  • Members
  • 156 posts

Posted 23 November 2005 - 08:26 PM

Wow, that is a great success story. Congratulations!!

#6 BrwnEyedGirl

BrwnEyedGirl

The One it's All About!

• Members
  • 4,646 posts

Posted 23 November 2005 - 08:49 PM

You have come a long way and now the sky is the limit. Congrats to you!!!

#7 smush24

smush24
  • Members
  • 5,598 posts

Posted 23 November 2005 - 08:50 PM

Posted Image

#8 nutty

nutty
  • Members
  • 2,248 posts

Posted 23 November 2005 - 09:16 PM

I FEEL GOOD(FOR YOU)
SO GOOD
SO GOOD
I HAVE YOU DA NA NAN ANA NA
JAMES BROWN "THE MAN"
HOOOOOORAYYYYYY!!!!!
NEED MORE SANGRIA!!!!!!!!!!

#9 Curious

Curious
  • Members
  • 11,333 posts

Posted 23 November 2005 - 09:21 PM

I FEEL GOOD(FOR YOU)
SO GOOD
SO GOOD
I HAVE YOU DA NA NAN ANA NA
JAMES BROWN "THE MAN"
HOOOOOORAYYYYYY!!!!!
NEED MORE SANGRIA!!!!!!!!!!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

LOL, you're too funny. Thanks everyone for all the Congrats, I couldn't have done it without you all.

#10 kevinn

kevinn
  • Newbies
  • 35 posts

Posted 23 November 2005 - 09:24 PM

congrats!!! :)

#11 4myfuture

4myfuture
  • Members
  • 201 posts

Posted 24 November 2005 - 05:50 AM

You Go!!! Congrats!

#12 Kona

Kona
  • Members
  • 9,799 posts

Posted 24 November 2005 - 10:53 AM

Congrats! This is great motivation for others!

#13 breeze

breeze

Site Owners & FC XXXVIII <3

• Admin
  • 46,992 posts

Posted 24 November 2005 - 10:03 PM

Wow!! Wonderful!! Congratulations, all your hard work paid off!!

#14 mrsP2b

mrsP2b
  • Members
  • 47 posts

Posted 20 December 2005 - 02:13 PM

How do you delete Bk off your credit report????

#15 Curious

Curious
  • Members
  • 11,333 posts

Posted 20 December 2005 - 03:07 PM

How do you delete Bk off your credit report????

I disputed the BK's with the credit bureau, often they would come back verified but with incorrect dates so I would dispute that I had never filed a BK on that date and eventually got all 3 removed from EQ.

TU was another story, when I initially disputed my BK with them, they added another BK making me have 4 on my report. I went car shopping and the salesman told me I had 4 BK'S on my TU report, that infuriated me so I called TU and pitched a hissy fit and they deleted 2 of the BK's. I deleted an old address and the 3rd BK fell off without me having to dispute it. I still have 1 BK on TU because I had sent them my BK papers prior to finding Creditboards. I believe that if I had not sent them my BK papers, I could have gotten that BK deleted also.

EX has been totally uncooperative and will not delete any of my BK's.

Getting your address deleted that is tied to the BK helps with the dispute process.

#16 direred

direred
  • Bloggers
  • 3,587 posts

Posted 23 December 2005 - 05:01 PM

Very good job!

#17 klynnb

klynnb
  • Members
  • 198 posts

Posted 31 December 2005 - 02:16 PM

I just came across your post and would like to say CONGRATULATIONS and THANK YOU for posting this! I really needed the encouragement today!

#18 ficowarrior

ficowarrior
  • Members
  • 182 posts

Posted 02 January 2006 - 04:49 PM

When I started my credit repair with CB, I had 3 BK's, a Foreclosure, many collections and 10-15 negative TL's on each report. I had 2 credit cards: Cap 1 for $300 and Orchard for $300. My scores ranged from low to mid 500's.

I started cleaning my report. I got all the BK's deleted from EQ, 2 BK's deleted from TU and none from EX. I've deleted all collections from all reports except 1 collection for $30 from EX which is marked "in dispute.". I've had my mortgage deleted completely off EQ and EX, it shows on TU but no mention of Foreclosure.

congrats to you success on cleaning up your credit report!
i had foreclosure too back in 2002, i wonder what did you do to delete the foreclosure on your account? you can't dispute as not mine, what are the other options? thanks

#19 Curious

Curious
  • Members
  • 11,333 posts

Posted 02 January 2006 - 05:03 PM

i had foreclosure too back in 2002, i wonder what did you do to delete the foreclosure on your account? you can't dispute as not mine, what are the other options? thanks

My mortgage with EQ was showing "past due" and I disputed I was not past due on this mtg and they deleted it.

When I disputed it on EX, it came back verified but an incorrect SS# showed up on my credit report. I called EX to dispute the incorrect SS# and they asked me if I had a mtg with ABC Company, I replied "not anymore" and the guy deleted my mtg which showed the foreclosure. I guess you could say I got a very lenient CSR with EX on that one.

Edited by Curious, 02 January 2006 - 05:04 PM.

#20 rigirl

rigirl
  • Members
  • 2,517 posts

Posted 04 January 2006 - 06:16 PM

My mortgage with EQ was showing "past due" and I disputed I was not past due on this mtg and they deleted it.

When I disputed it on EX, it came back verified but an incorrect SS# showed up on my credit report. I called EX to dispute the incorrect SS# and they asked me if I had a mtg with ABC Company, I replied "not anymore" and the guy deleted my mtg which showed the foreclosure. I guess you could say I got a very lenient CSR with EX on that one.

Congrats Curious!! Can you give me the number you used to call EX?

#21 HockeyRef

HockeyRef
  • Members
  • 91 posts

Posted 04 January 2006 - 06:48 PM

wow! what a great story....how did you get the BK's off? I did get 1 off TransUnion, but alas, the other two CRA's came back "verified"...next year will mark 10 years; can hardly believe it and I know , hope, PRAY they will come off!!!! love to have them off NOW...

all the best, Hockey

#22 Curious

Curious
  • Members
  • 11,333 posts

Posted 04 January 2006 - 09:07 PM

Congrats Curious!! Can you give me the number you used to call EX?

i just used the number that was on my credit report at that time, it's been some months ago. Just call the number on your credit report and tell the automated system you want customer service, that's how I got thru to a CSR. Thanks for the congrats.

#23 Curious

Curious
  • Members
  • 11,333 posts

Posted 04 January 2006 - 09:12 PM

wow! what a great story....how did you get the BK's off? I did get 1 off TransUnion, but alas, the other two CRA's came back "verified"...next year will mark 10 years; can hardly believe it and I know , hope, PRAY they will come off!!!! love to have them off NOW...

all the best, Hockey

I explained in post #15 how I was able to get my BK's deleted. Since your BK's are almost 10 yrs old, I would dispute them as 'obsolete.'

#24 ntroublnow

ntroublnow
  • Newbies
  • 2 posts

Posted 05 January 2006 - 11:47 AM

I joined Creditboard exactly a year ago this month. I had been trying to work on my credit for a few months before finding CB but without much success.

A little about my history. I became very ill a few years ago and was unable to work for 2 yrs. With 2 children and a only a small amount of child support as income I was forced to file BK13 to try and save my home from foreclosure. On the advice from my atty, I filed a 2nd BK13 to stop foreclsoure again. When my health just wasn't improving, I finally filed a BK7.

I've added 15 new TL's, my latest being a $5000 Visa approval from USAA. I also have $2000 Visa from Providian and $1500 Visa from State Farm. Other cards I've been approved for are MATCU(local CU), Target, Dillards, Walmart, Carecredit, Lowes, Patelco Vacation Loan, Local furniture acct and an automobile loan.

My Fico scores now range from 655 to 670 and are steadily climbing. I hope to reach 700 in the next few months. My plans are to get a Mtg in May so I will just let my accounts age for now.

I just want to thank CB for being so patient with me and giving me the knowledge to be able to repair my credit. I even once posted that I thought my credit was beyond repair with 3 BK's, but with the help of CB I've accomplished that feat.

To all those that are just beginning your credit repair journey, don't give up. There will be times when you will feel overwhelmed, take a break and come back later but don't give up. If my credit can be repaired, anyone can.

Again, thank you CB from the very bottom of my heart.

Congratulations on your success. Can I ask how exactly you were able to dispute and have your bankruptcies removed? I would like to get mine removed, since it is now over 3 years old.

#25 Cloak&Dagger

Cloak&Dagger
  • Members
  • 2,262 posts

Posted 07 January 2006 - 01:36 PM

Congrats C!!!

;) :rofl: :rofl: :clapping:

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© Copyright 2003 - 2013 Creditboards.com. All rights reserved. No portion of this site may be reproduced without explicit permission from the owners. The content of creditboards.com is subject solely to the personal whim of its admins. We reserve the right, at our sole discretion, to remove any and all posts or comments, at any time, for any reason which takes our entirely capricious fancy, or for no particular reason whatsoever, without restriction. Comments or questions regarding the site may be addressed to admin@creditboards.com.