Welcome to CreditBoards!

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to CreditBoards! Like most online communities, you must register to post in our community, but don't worry - this is a simple process requiring minimal information for you to sign up. Be a part of CreditBoards by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Read These Items!

• If you're getting an Authentication mismatch error: Clear your cache. Log out of CB. Delete your cookie. Close your browser. Open your browser and log back in.

Photo

What A Difference A Year Makes

• Please log in to reply
66 replies to this topic

#51 bettercred4biz

bettercred4biz
  • Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 12 May 2010 - 02:03 PM

Thanks for the inspiration! I've learned a few things from you:

I need to be patient
I can do it
The reward is greater than the work
Lenient CS Reps are the goal :D

Thanks for your story!

#52 Guest_ichliebe_*

Guest_ichliebe_*
  • Guests

Posted 25 January 2011 - 06:43 AM

give a bow !

#53 Guest_ichliebe_*

Guest_ichliebe_*
  • Guests

Posted 25 January 2011 - 06:45 AM

I joined Creditboard from now on. I will try my best to work on my credit.

#54 zephdog

zephdog
  • Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 24 February 2011 - 03:00 PM

I joined Creditboard from now on. I will try my best to work on my credit.

2 years ago I had 36K in consumer debt from a failed business attempt.

We were both reduced in work hours to 1/2 time approx.

I now am down to 22K by following advice here for hardship programs and debt management.

It is possible, Keep sticking with it!

#55 loanguy1982

loanguy1982
  • Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 09 April 2012 - 06:45 PM

I joined Creditboard exactly a year ago this month. I had been trying to work on my credit for a few months before finding CB but without much success.

A little about my history. I became very ill a few years ago and was unable to work for 2 yrs. With 2 children and a only a small amount of child support as income I was forced to file BK13 to try and save my home from foreclosure. On the advice from my atty, I filed a 2nd BK13 to stop foreclsoure again. When my health just wasn't improving, I finally filed a BK7.

When I started my credit repair with CB, I had 3 BK's, a Foreclosure, many collections and 10-15 negative TL's on each report. I had 2 credit cards: Cap 1 for $300 and Orchard for $300. My scores ranged from low to mid 500's.

I started cleaning my report. I got all the BK's deleted from EQ, 2 BK's deleted from TU and none from EX. I've deleted all collections from all reports except 1 collection for $30 from EX which is marked "in dispute.". I've had my mortgage deleted completely off EQ and EX, it shows on TU but no mention of Foreclosure.

I've added 15 new TL's, my latest being a $5000 Visa approval from USAA. I also have $2000 Visa from Providian and $1500 Visa from State Farm. Other cards I've been approved for are MATCU(local CU), Target, Dillards, Walmart, Carecredit, Lowes, Patelco Vacation Loan, Local furniture acct and an automobile loan.

My Fico scores now range from 655 to 670 and are steadily climbing. I hope to reach 700 in the next few months. My plans are to get a Mtg in May so I will just let my accounts age for now.

I just want to thank CB for being so patient with me and giving me the knowledge to be able to repair my credit. I even once posted that I thought my credit was beyond repair with 3 BK's, but with the help of CB I've accomplished that feat.

To all those that are just beginning your credit repair journey, don't give up. There will be times when you will feel overwhelmed, take a break and come back later but don't give up. If my credit can be repaired, anyone can.

Again, thank you CB from the very bottom of my heart.

how did u get the bk and FC deleted?

#56 breeze

breeze

Site Owners & FC XXXVIII <3

• Admin
  • 47,757 posts

Posted 19 April 2012 - 09:11 AM

If you want help with a problem, please post here by clicking the "Start new topic" button, then type your question in the box.

#57 breeze

breeze

• Admin
  • 47,757 posts

Posted 28 July 2012 - 08:53 PM

#58 renc

renc
  • Members
  • 33 posts

Posted 29 July 2012 - 03:40 AM

Congratulations and thanks for sharing your story. I feel like I am looking for a similar "new beginning" and your success is inspiring. I will hope to share a similar story sometime in the not-too-distant future.

Rick

#59 cecekingskid

cecekingskid
  • Newbies
  • 0 posts

Posted 29 July 2012 - 09:38 PM

congrats on your success. you have to be thrilled about this turnaround. thanks for sharing your story. I am just getting started and really needed to hear this today. :-)

#60 ShannonFisher

ShannonFisher
  • Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 01 August 2012 - 02:23 AM

This thread has really been an inspiring read. I'm aspiring to home ownership in the future, and I really want to make sure I do everything right. I can wait to dig into the threads here some more to see what I can learn. Thanks for the inspiration!

#61 Gino4500

Gino4500
  • Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 06 August 2012 - 05:55 PM

This is awesome. I can do it. These stories have really inspired me.

#62 searcher88

searcher88
  • Newbies
  • 1 posts

Posted 30 August 2012 - 02:28 AM

Hi, I have just joined CB and I am awed by your story. I just filed for Chapter 7 BK last week and I have been feeling really out-of-sorts, afraid of the future, uncertain as to what steps to take next in relation to my other financial needs, ashamed that i have been led to take this BK, and generally feeling hopeless.
I am wondering how to get to that first helpful topic which led to your success. I am still new at navigating the site. There must be tons of material which i need to dig through but I don't mind. Your success story is your helping hand guiding me every step of the way until I, too, shall post my own success story. . . someday.

I joined Creditboard exactly a year ago this month. I had been trying to work on my credit for a few months before finding CB but without much success.

A little about my history. I became very ill a few years ago and was unable to work for 2 yrs. With 2 children and a only a small amount of child support as income I was forced to file BK13 to try and save my home from foreclosure. On the advice from my atty, I filed a 2nd BK13 to stop foreclsoure again. When my health just wasn't improving, I finally filed a BK7.

When I started my credit repair with CB, I had 3 BK's, a Foreclosure, many collections and 10-15 negative TL's on each report. I had 2 credit cards: Cap 1 for $300 and Orchard for $300. My scores ranged from low to mid 500's.

I started cleaning my report. I got all the BK's deleted from EQ, 2 BK's deleted from TU and none from EX. I've deleted all collections from all reports except 1 collection for $30 from EX which is marked "in dispute.". I've had my mortgage deleted completely off EQ and EX, it shows on TU but no mention of Foreclosure.

I've added 15 new TL's, my latest being a $5000 Visa approval from USAA. I also have $2000 Visa from Providian and $1500 Visa from State Farm. Other cards I've been approved for are MATCU(local CU), Target, Dillards, Walmart, Carecredit, Lowes, Patelco Vacation Loan, Local furniture acct and an automobile loan.

My Fico scores now range from 655 to 670 and are steadily climbing. I hope to reach 700 in the next few months. My plans are to get a Mtg in May so I will just let my accounts age for now.

I just want to thank CB for being so patient with me and giving me the knowledge to be able to repair my credit. I even once posted that I thought my credit was beyond repair with 3 BK's, but with the help of CB I've accomplished that feat.

To all those that are just beginning your credit repair journey, don't give up. There will be times when you will feel overwhelmed, take a break and come back later but don't give up. If my credit can be repaired, anyone can.

Again, thank you CB from the very bottom of my heart.

#63 coolhunter

coolhunter
  • Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 03 September 2012 - 01:20 PM

Once you have the mortgage, close out all the credit cards. If in doubt, call Dave Ramsey.

#64 breeze

breeze

• Admin
  • 47,757 posts

Posted 03 September 2012 - 01:39 PM

Once you have the mortgage, close out all the credit cards. If in doubt, call Dave Ramsey.

Cool hunter, for starters, the post you are replying to is from 2005. Second, these threads are success stories meant to encourage folks who are just getting started, not requests for assistance. Finally, Dave Ramsey's advice is not generally distributed here unless someone discovers that they just can't learn for themselves, and need an authority figure lecturing them about their lack of responsibility in order to even function with a debit card. People who have no active credit accounts will have low credit scores. Low scores make life much more expensive than high scores.

Ramsey equates credit with debt. That's only true in his system from which he makes a lot of money (taking credit cards for payment, the last time I checked), exploiting people who need help. That's the problem with people in financial trouble - everyone is still trying to get money from them - if they can't pay they can't get the help.

#65 up&climbing

up&climbing
  • Members
  • 1,071 posts

Posted 15 September 2012 - 08:17 AM

Cool hunter, for starters, the post you are replying to is from 2005. Second, these threads are success stories meant to encourage folks who are just getting started, not requests for assistance. Finally, Dave Ramsey's advice is not generally distributed here unless someone discovers that they just can't learn for themselves, and need an authority figure lecturing them about their lack of responsibility in order to even function with a debit card. People who have no active credit accounts will have low credit scores. Low scores make life much more expensive than high scores.

Ramsey equates credit with debt. That's only true in his system from which he makes a lot of money (taking credit cards for payment, the last time I checked), exploiting people who need help. That's the problem with people in financial trouble - everyone is still trying to get money from them - if they can't pay they can't get the help.

+1 :clapping:

Having low scores also affects your insurance rates and your ability to do just about anything. The rate hike in your insurance could be higher than any interest you would pay in a given a year. If you stay around here on this board you will learn that building your credit doesn't mean that you go in debt. You use it responsibly for example by not utilizing more than 10% of your CL. You can still have your cake and eat it to by having an awesome credit score AND be debt free.

#66 Marya

Marya
  • Newbies
  • 2 posts

Posted 30 November 2012 - 11:50 AM

I am so glad to read this! I've just joined CB and my current credit is so awful...when I read what you were facing just a year ago, it is giving me LOTS of hope. Thank you! :)

#67 gqueen

gqueen
  • Newbies
  • 0 posts

Posted 23 December 2012 - 07:09 AM

I'm so excited, I prayed and asked God to guide and me in becoming a First time Homebuyer. The Almighty has already started the pathway for me.

I believe joining CB, I'm already on my path of recovering my credit score to an upward mobility and taking responsibility in managing my finances..

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© Copyright 2003 - 2013 Creditboards.com. All rights reserved. No portion of this site may be reproduced without explicit permission from the owners. The content of creditboards.com is subject solely to the personal whim of its admins. We reserve the right, at our sole discretion, to remove any and all posts or comments, at any time, for any reason which takes our entirely capricious fancy, or for no particular reason whatsoever, without restriction. Comments or questions regarding the site may be addressed to admin@creditboards.com.