Welcome to CreditBoards!

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to CreditBoards! Like most online communities, you must register to post in our community, but don't worry - this is a simple process requiring minimal information for you to sign up. Be a part of CreditBoards by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Read These Items!

• If you're getting an Authentication mismatch error: Clear your cache. Log out of CB. Delete your cookie. Close your browser. Open your browser and log back in.

Photo

What A Difference A Year Makes

• Please log in to reply
66 replies to this topic

#26 Tiger44

Tiger44
  • Newbies
  • 1 posts

Posted 01 February 2006 - 09:47 PM

congrats.

I don't have time to follow disputes and follow up them. Who is a reputable company I can hire to assist in my credit repair?

#27 Curious

Curious
  • Members
  • 11,333 posts

Posted 01 February 2006 - 09:54 PM

congrats.

I don't have time to follow disputes and follow up them. Who is a reputable company I can hire to assist in my credit repair?

The only recommendation I can give you is right where you are now, Creditboards. I read and followed the advice given here and I was successful. No one can give your credit the personal attention it deserves better than you. Start slowly and do a few disputes at a time so you don't get overwhelmed. Read the Newbies section, ask questions and follow advice given. You can do it yourself.

#28 irish2720

irish2720
  • Members
  • 47 posts

Posted 12 April 2006 - 09:30 PM

congrats Curious! i know you worked hard, take a bow you deserve it!!!

#29 Curious

Curious
  • Members
  • 11,333 posts

Posted 12 April 2006 - 10:45 PM

congrats Curious! i know you worked hard, take a bow you deserve it!!!

Thank you so much.

#30 mztwashi

mztwashi
  • Newbies
  • 27 posts

Posted 12 June 2006 - 03:22 PM

I joined Creditboard exactly a year ago this month. I had been trying to work on my credit for a few months before finding CB but without much success.

A little about my history. I became very ill a few years ago and was unable to work for 2 yrs. With 2 children and a only a small amount of child support as income I was forced to file BK13 to try and save my home from foreclosure. On the advice from my atty, I filed a 2nd BK13 to stop foreclsoure again. When my health just wasn't improving, I finally filed a BK7.

When I started my credit repair with CB, I had 3 BK's, a Foreclosure, many collections and 10-15 negative TL's on each report. I had 2 credit cards: Cap 1 for $300 and Orchard for $300. My scores ranged from low to mid 500's.

I started cleaning my report. I got all the BK's deleted from EQ, 2 BK's deleted from TU and none from EX. I've deleted all collections from all reports except 1 collection for $30 from EX which is marked "in dispute.". I've had my mortgage deleted completely off EQ and EX, it shows on TU but no mention of Foreclosure.

I've added 15 new TL's, my latest being a $5000 Visa approval from USAA. I also have $2000 Visa from Providian and $1500 Visa from State Farm. Other cards I've been approved for are MATCU(local CU), Target, Dillards, Walmart, Carecredit, Lowes, Patelco Vacation Loan, Local furniture acct and an automobile loan.

My Fico scores now range from 655 to 670 and are steadily climbing. I hope to reach 700 in the next few months. My plans are to get a Mtg in May so I will just let my accounts age for now.

I just want to thank CB for being so patient with me and giving me the knowledge to be able to repair my credit. I even once posted that I thought my credit was beyond repair with 3 BK's, but with the help of CB I've accomplished that feat.

To all those that are just beginning your credit repair journey, don't give up. There will be times when you will feel overwhelmed, take a break and come back later but don't give up. If my credit can be repaired, anyone can.

Again, thank you CB from the very bottom of my heart.

Great success story. :angry: I would like to know what you did to get your BK's off. :good:

#31 Curious

Curious
  • Members
  • 11,333 posts

Posted 12 June 2006 - 09:46 PM

I joined Creditboard exactly a year ago this month. I had been trying to work on my credit for a few months before finding CB but without much success.

A little about my history. I became very ill a few years ago and was unable to work for 2 yrs. With 2 children and a only a small amount of child support as income I was forced to file BK13 to try and save my home from foreclosure. On the advice from my atty, I filed a 2nd BK13 to stop foreclsoure again. When my health just wasn't improving, I finally filed a BK7.

When I started my credit repair with CB, I had 3 BK's, a Foreclosure, many collections and 10-15 negative TL's on each report. I had 2 credit cards: Cap 1 for $300 and Orchard for $300. My scores ranged from low to mid 500's.

I started cleaning my report. I got all the BK's deleted from EQ, 2 BK's deleted from TU and none from EX. I've deleted all collections from all reports except 1 collection for $30 from EX which is marked "in dispute.". I've had my mortgage deleted completely off EQ and EX, it shows on TU but no mention of Foreclosure.

I've added 15 new TL's, my latest being a $5000 Visa approval from USAA. I also have $2000 Visa from Providian and $1500 Visa from State Farm. Other cards I've been approved for are MATCU(local CU), Target, Dillards, Walmart, Carecredit, Lowes, Patelco Vacation Loan, Local furniture acct and an automobile loan.

My Fico scores now range from 655 to 670 and are steadily climbing. I hope to reach 700 in the next few months. My plans are to get a Mtg in May so I will just let my accounts age for now.

I just want to thank CB for being so patient with me and giving me the knowledge to be able to repair my credit. I even once posted that I thought my credit was beyond repair with 3 BK's, but with the help of CB I've accomplished that feat.

To all those that are just beginning your credit repair journey, don't give up. There will be times when you will feel overwhelmed, take a break and come back later but don't give up. If my credit can be repaired, anyone can.

Great success story. :P I would like to know what you did to get your BK's off. :)

Thanks. For an answer to your question, see post #15 in this thread where I answered that question. :beee:

#32 Beachfamily

Beachfamily
  • Members
  • 1,592 posts

Posted 13 June 2006 - 11:36 PM

Fanstastic!

We were wondering when you were going to post in this section.

The Beachfamily watched Curious post for a long time, tons of great info and followed Curious lead on many items, inwhich we were able to do successfully because of your info and knowledge you posted in many areas.

We are happy for ya!

#33 Curious

Curious
  • Members
  • 11,333 posts

Posted 13 June 2006 - 11:40 PM

Fanstastic!

The Beachfamily watched Curious post for a long time, tons of great info and followed Curious lead on many items, inwhich we were able to do successfully because of your info and knowledge you posted in many areas.

We are happy for ya!

Thank you so much. You all have made great stride also and I await your success story.

#34 Beachfamily

Beachfamily
  • Members
  • 1,592 posts

Posted 13 June 2006 - 11:53 PM

Fanstastic!

We are happy for ya!

Thank you so much. You all have made great stride also and I await your success story.

Believe it or not, we love to read others like yours first, it gives us hope that we will someday be able to post here. You have done so well, even today one of us usually checks your post for any new tips you post.

Hell of a job Curious, Hell of a job!

#35 Curious

Curious
  • Members
  • 11,333 posts

Posted 23 June 2006 - 11:35 AM

I have to add that I finally reached one of my goals, I made it to the 700 club on TU. I have also acquired approximately $50,000 in available credit. Again I would like to thank all of the wonderful people at CB that helped me along the way and the owners for having this great resource call Creditboards.

Credit record source: TransUnion
Your FICO score of 711 summarizes the information on your TransUnion credit report as of June 23, 2006.
FICO scores range between 300 and 850™.
Higher scores are considered better scores. That is, the higher your score, the more favorably lenders look upon you as a credit risk. Your score is slightly below the average score of U.S. consumers, though most lenders consider this a good score.

#36 Ocean

Ocean
  • Members
  • 1,201 posts

Posted 25 June 2006 - 01:00 PM

:cry2:

#37 stiltner

stiltner
  • Members
  • 798 posts

Posted 29 June 2006 - 10:08 AM

Plain and simple. You've shown the effort needed and the results gained from hard work and determination. Congrats on your 700+ score, I hope you continue through life with a lesson learned, and the effort to teach others.

:rofl:

#38 MasterShake

MasterShake
  • Members
  • 275 posts

Posted 08 July 2006 - 03:13 PM

Congrats!!, i just found this board a couple of weeks ago, and i love reading these sucess stories. My scores right now are in the 600 range, with a couple of judgements and some badies, which i will start to try to get off once i read a bit more and get some more confidence.

#39 Curious

Curious
  • Members
  • 11,333 posts

Posted 12 July 2006 - 12:37 AM

Congrats!!, i just found this board a couple of weeks ago, and i love reading these sucess stories. My scores right now are in the 600 range, with a couple of judgements and some badies, which i will start to try to get off once i read a bit more and get some more confidence.

Thanks for the congrats. This board has a wealth of information. Read and apply what your learn. I know you will be successful.

#40 Curious

Curious
  • Members
  • 11,333 posts

Posted 25 July 2006 - 10:00 PM

I've reached my final goal, that of obtaining a mortgage. Today I closed on my beautiful brand new home. There is no way that I would have ever believed that this was possible after my foreclosure and 3 BK's but with the help of CB and grace of God, I did it. Again, thank you all so very, very much!

Edited by Curious, 25 July 2006 - 10:00 PM.

#41 whatnow

whatnow
  • Newbies
  • 5 posts

Posted 07 August 2006 - 11:20 AM

Congratulations on your success! It's gives me hope. I've just begun the process to clean up my credit in the last month. In reviewing my credit report I was amazed at the number of errors... of course there are some legitimate negatives there as well. I've just gotten the first two responses saying the companies are unable to verify accounts and are having them removed. I still have a long way to go but reading success stories let me know it's possible if I just keep at it. Thanks!!

#42 CartoonGuy

CartoonGuy
  • Bloggers
  • 172 posts

Posted 11 August 2006 - 12:04 AM

Great Caesar's Ghost! Here I was worried about a few dings on my report and there's no way in my worst day I could match all the misery you went through and in one year you handled it all????

That's not a success story, that's a freakin' miracle! I will be studying this board from now on so I don't incur any debts and any I have or do get handled fast!

Congrats!

#43 Curious

Curious
  • Members
  • 11,333 posts

Posted 11 August 2006 - 05:42 PM

Great Caesar's Ghost! Here I was worried about a few dings on my report and there's no way in my worst day I could match all the misery you went through and in one year you handled it all????

That's not a success story, that's a freakin' miracle! I will be studying this board from now on so I don't incur any debts and any I have or do get handled fast!

Congrats!

It does seem like a miracle, but that miracle was made possible with lots of hard work, the help of CB and the grace of God. So miracles do happen and they can happen to you too with the help of this great board.

#44 CartoonGuy

CartoonGuy
  • Bloggers
  • 172 posts

Posted 11 August 2006 - 05:59 PM

Curious, you sure are a miracle lady! I'll bet the man upstairs is real proud too!

I'm just so blown away at your achievements all in one year with all that pressure!

You should write a book! I'd bet it'll be a best seller no doubt!

I have a lot of studying to do.

I'm on a good roll with building more business options that bring me in a good income. Sometimes I have to wait for 'the help' to get around to doing things and that's the most frustrating.

I work in the cartoon/comics/media arena and it can be brutal at times but I'm old down the road enough where I can sit at home and work.

How the heck you got bankruptcies removed is beyond me! I have one small judgement that is shakey at best and I don't like how they did it. That was put on my record in 2003 and the original last payment was in Jan. '98. I didn't know it was there and was never served. Any tips on how to remove it or any references on this board?

I just keep reading your success story and it just keeps me fired up to keep keeping on.

I've chatted with others on this board and listened to their horror stories. I feel blessed! I'm nowhere near as bad off as many people here so I have to make hay while the sun shines!

I remember years ago when I worked for AOL we had chat room forums and message boards for the Credit and Debt forum. It' was heartbreaking to read the stories those people posted there. I volunteered to help and even then it was a handful. This forum Credit Boards is outstanding! You've proven you can move from despair to controlling your destiny in one year and you had kids to tend to also???

You must come from Krypton cause that's some super doings for sure!

#45 Curious

Curious
  • Members
  • 11,333 posts

Posted 11 August 2006 - 06:13 PM

Curious, you sure are a miracle lady! I'll bet the man upstairs is real proud too!

I'm just so blown away at your achievements all in one year with all that pressure!

You should write a book! I'd bet it'll be a best seller no doubt!

I have a lot of studying to do.

I'm on a good roll with building more business options that bring me in a good income. Sometimes I have to wait for 'the help' to get around to doing things and that's the most frustrating.

I work in the cartoon/comics/media arena and it can be brutal at times but I'm old down the road enough where I can sit at home and work.

How the heck you got bankruptcies removed is beyond me! I have one small judgement that is shakey at best and I don't like how they did it. That was put on my record in 2003 and the original last payment was in Jan. '98. I didn't know it was there and was never served. Any tips on how to remove it or any references on this board?

I just keep reading your success story and it just keeps me fired up to keep keeping on.

I've chatted with others on this board and listened to their horror stories. I feel blessed! I'm nowhere near as bad off as many people here so I have to make hay while the sun shines!

I remember years ago when I worked for AOL we had chat room forums and message boards for the Credit and Debt forum. It' was heartbreaking to read the stories those people posted there. I volunteered to help and even then it was a handful. This forum Credit Boards is outstanding! You've proven you can move from despair to controlling your destiny in one year and you had kids to tend to also???

You must come from Krypton cause that's some super doings for sure!

Thanks for all the kudos. Judgements are supposed to remain on your report 7 yrs from the filed date. If it has been more than 7 years since it was filed, dispute it as obsolete. You should post in the Credit forum about never being served and maybe someone with expertise in that area can help you out. Also if you try deleting the address to which the judgement is tied, it makes it easier to get a deletion.

#46 wildmight2006

wildmight2006
  • Members
  • 53 posts

Posted 24 August 2006 - 10:44 AM

this is amazing - I'm very encouraged by stories like that....

#47 nettogirl

nettogirl
  • Newbies
  • 8 posts

Posted 29 December 2006 - 10:40 AM

WOW! I'm so encourgaged to read your details Curious... truly! Thank you for continuing to post here and share your knowledge and experience. I value it!!!

WAY TO GO! Congrats!!!!!

#48 JBiBBs5

JBiBBs5
  • Members
  • 31 posts

Posted 22 December 2009 - 11:11 AM

Anothe great success story. As a beginner I love reading this stuff.

#49 LillyAnn76

LillyAnn76
  • Members
  • 235 posts

Posted 15 April 2010 - 11:17 PM

Reading successes like this makes me want to stay up all night and read. :wave:
Congrats to the OP and thank you for sharing your information.

#50 AIMANZUL

AIMANZUL
  • Members
  • 24 posts

Posted 25 April 2010 - 09:19 AM

LillyAnn76: why don't you post some of your adventures. I mean lol . I was so glad to see someone post lately . Most of the credit boards I see are "dead".

I really feel these years are perfect to get your credit up and running BOTH business and personal. We will be ahead of the game when the good times come !

I basically have decent personal and good business credit. I am planning to take my personal credit to a completely new level. I know how to just that I have been concentrating on business credit lately.

So any thing we can share ...lets do it.

thanks

Aimanzul

Edited by AIMANZUL, 25 April 2010 - 09:19 AM.

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© Copyright 2003 - 2013 Creditboards.com. All rights reserved. No portion of this site may be reproduced without explicit permission from the owners. The content of creditboards.com is subject solely to the personal whim of its admins. We reserve the right, at our sole discretion, to remove any and all posts or comments, at any time, for any reason which takes our entirely capricious fancy, or for no particular reason whatsoever, without restriction. Comments or questions regarding the site may be addressed to admin@creditboards.com.