Welcome to CreditBoards!

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to CreditBoards! Like most online communities, you must register to post in our community, but don't worry - this is a simple process requiring minimal information for you to sign up. Be a part of CreditBoards by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Read These Items!

• If you're getting an Authentication mismatch error: Clear your cache. Log out of CB. Delete your cookie. Close your browser. Open your browser and log back in.

Photo

Hello Kitty's success story

• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

#1 HelloKitty

HelloKitty
  • Members
  • 536 posts

Posted 09 November 2005 - 12:51 PM

I can't remember how I found credit boards or even why I was looking for it. I had my head in the sand for so long that I can't imagine what made me break out of my blissful avoidance. I had spent years figuring I would take care of my credit reports "later." And "later" became the day I found this board. At first I read, and read and read. The courage to pull my fico scores came one month later: Here were my starting ficos and # of collections-

10/30/04 I was always too embarrased to post these here.
Transunion 534 (19)
Equifax 497 (15)
Experian 502 (13)

Those negatives don't include my student loan mess. I started to rehab some of my loans right after I joined this board. I finished my rehab in September. Now I didn't owe a lot of money on those collection accounts, almost all of that was from utility bills and stupid little stuff because I moved so often. I dealt with the nastiest of the nasty CA's (I still have one I haven't bothered with yet and want to make certain I'm out of SOL on before I work on that one. It will be ugly because the JDB is the ugliest of them all)

I decided to actually *do* something the day I realized that all the reading here had finally sunk in. Here is what happened: I had gotten a letter in the mail from a notorious JDB pretending to be a lawfirm. Normally this would have freaked me out, but after one month of hanging around here I felt EXCITED. I knew the letter the had sent me and the "law firm" stationary was a joke and immediately DV'd them. That was how I started and didn't stop until most every thing was removed. I still have a some negatives on my reports, lates that won't come off etc.

Today I pulled my FICO to find that CA's from my SL's were removed.

11/9/05
Transunion 648 (2) +114
Equifax 629 (4)+133
Experian 669(2)+171

I don't have many credit cards: FNBMarin, Target, Walmart, Macy's, and secured Wells Fargo.

Here is my advice after one year of this-
1. read and learn the Federal Laws: FCRA, FDCPA, FACTA
2. read and learn your state laws (if you have them)
3. read the newbie section, read it again. read this board and ask questions if you need help.
4. NEVER, and I mean NEVER use the phone or talk to a CA on the phone
5. Start from the beginning, don't try and jump ahead. Your paper trail is very important. It will take a while, but in the long run you will have better leverage.
6. Be patient. You didn't get here over night, you won't get out over night either. But, you will get out, you will.

I haven't been posting much in the last 6 months due to excessive work, but I still read everyday. I'm not done yet, but after a little over the year I think I have been successful and I owe it all to credit boards. Thanks to everyone who has giving me advice- Sassy, Pryan, Whychat and every great post I every read that helped me move forward and FIGHT THE FICO POWERS!

#2 Limitation Lady

Limitation Lady
  • Members
  • 183 posts

Posted 09 November 2005 - 01:05 PM

That's so great! Definitely an inspiration, so thank you for sharing!
By the way, my 5month old daughter's nursery is Hello Kitty!

#3 urbanflower

urbanflower
  • Members
  • 489 posts

Posted 09 November 2005 - 01:13 PM

WOW!!! Great story...keep up the good work :rofl: :rofl:

#4 snowboardprincess

snowboardprincess
  • Members
  • 900 posts

Posted 09 November 2005 - 01:17 PM

LOL I love your little kitty signature - LOL...

#5 evieroxc

evieroxc
  • Members
  • 117 posts

Posted 09 November 2005 - 01:20 PM

Congrats!!! :rofl:
That was very inspiring....great advice!

#6 tomurphjr

tomurphjr
  • Members
  • 508 posts

Posted 09 November 2005 - 01:34 PM

Thanks for the thread Kitty......keeps me motivated.

#7 aescutie

aescutie

The Fed Up One

• Members
  • 7,043 posts

Posted 09 November 2005 - 01:58 PM

I noticed I hadn't seen that little kitty around lately...

Congrats on all your success....and I definitely agree about being patient... that was definitely a learning process for me!!!!

thanks for posting your success story, now go up to the success stories sub forum, if you haven't already...and post it there too.......

#8 breeze

breeze

Site Owners & FC XXXVIII <3

• Admin
  • 47,179 posts

Posted 09 November 2005 - 02:31 PM

Congrats on your success! Moving this to success stories, you can update from there.

#9 Sultan

Sultan
  • Members
  • 3,699 posts

Posted 26 August 2006 - 12:10 AM

I can't remember how I found credit boards or even why I was looking for it. I had my head in the sand for so long that I can't imagine what made me break out of my blissful avoidance. I had spent years figuring I would take care of my credit reports "later." And "later" became the day I found this board. At first I read, and read and read. The courage to pull my fico scores came one month later: Here were my starting ficos and # of collections-

Transunion 534 (19)
Equifax 497 (15)
Experian 502 (13)

Those negatives don't include my student loan mess. I started to rehab some of my loans right after I joined this board. I finished my rehab in September. Now I didn't owe a lot of money on those collection accounts, almost all of that was from utility bills and stupid little stuff because I moved so often. I dealt with the nastiest of the nasty CA's (I still have one I haven't bothered with yet and want to make certain I'm out of SOL on before I work on that one. It will be ugly because the JDB is the ugliest of them all)

I decided to actually *do* something the day I realized that all the reading here had finally sunk in. Here is what happened: I had gotten a letter in the mail from a notorious JDB pretending to be a lawfirm. Normally this would have freaked me out, but after one month of hanging around here I felt EXCITED. I knew the letter the had sent me and the "law firm" stationary was a joke and immediately DV'd them. That was how I started and didn't stop until most every thing was removed. I still have a some negatives on my reports, lates that won't come off etc.

11/9/05
Transunion 648 (2) +114
Equifax 629 (4)+133
Experian 669(2)+171

I don't have many credit cards: FNBMarin, Target, Walmart, Macy's, and secured Wells Fargo.

3. read the newbie section, read it again. read this board and ask questions if you need help.
5. Start from the beginning, don't try and jump ahead. Your paper trail is very important. It will take a while, but in the long run you will have better leverage.
6. Be patient. You didn't get here over night, you won't get out over night either. But, you will get out, you will.

I haven't been posting much in the last 6 months due to excessive work, but I still read everyday. I'm not done yet, but after a little over the year I think I have been successful and I owe it all to credit boards. Thanks to everyone who has giving me advice- Sassy, Pryan, Whychat and every great post I every read that helped me move forward and FIGHT THE FICO POWERS!

HelloKitty, IMO, you certainly know you're stuff, you are sharp and solid, so great of you to share you're success. Congrats. :blush2: :)

#10 mamiof3

mamiof3
  • Members
  • 651 posts

Posted 26 October 2006 - 08:33 AM

Transunion 534 (19)
Equifax 497 (15)
Experian 502 (13)

11/9/05
Transunion 648 (2) +114
Equifax 629 (4)+133
Experian 669(2)+171

HelloKitty, IMO, you certainly know you're stuff, you are sharp and solid, so great of you to share you're success. Congrats. :rofl: :angry:

:rofl:

#11 wally

wally
  • Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 27 October 2006 - 10:42 AM

I have been lurking for some time and stories like these are what has inspired me to take action.

thankx
and
congrats to you Kitty
;-)

#12 wingwalker

wingwalker
  • Members
  • 1,088 posts

Posted 11 November 2006 - 08:00 PM

Congratulations to you, Kitty! I am so pleased to see this update from you!

B) :clapping: :clapping:

(and thank you for telling me about CB. I am more grateful than I can even say.)

#13 jzajzz

jzajzz
  • Members
  • 43 posts

Posted 01 January 2007 - 11:22 PM

Transunion 534 (19)
Equifax 497 (15)
Experian 502 (13)

11/9/05
Transunion 648 (2) +114
Equifax 629 (4)+133
Experian 669(2)+171

why not talk to a CA on the phone??

#14 fred333

fred333
  • Newbies
  • 9 posts

Posted 08 November 2007 - 03:39 PM

Thanks for the update Kitty.

#15 Jazzy Bmw

Jazzy Bmw
  • Members
  • 1,160 posts

Posted 09 November 2007 - 11:01 PM

GO Kitty

#16 removeIT

removeIT
  • Members
  • 49 posts

Posted 16 November 2007 - 10:43 AM

Congrats! Very Inspirational! Shows that it can be done! I just need patience and inspiration to improve! Thanks for sharing.

#17 ryan07

ryan07
  • Newbies
  • 1 posts

Posted 22 January 2008 - 12:04 PM

Well thanx for the updates kitty nice post ..

#18 Emperess

Emperess
  • Members
  • 322 posts

Posted 24 January 2008 - 02:18 PM

You and many others here are an inspiration to keep working toward the 'elite' status in terms of credit. Keep up the good work!

#19 vnewton

vnewton
  • Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 27 January 2008 - 02:35 PM

Very inspirational thanks for posting that... I'll soon be joining the ranks of the elite.

#20 Guest_sambob_*

Guest_sambob_*
  • Guests

Posted 25 July 2011 - 02:07 AM

Great story. I love it.

#21 klaching

klaching
  • Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 05 August 2011 - 01:17 AM

This is so great to read. I've been a member for years, but just now have decided to get my head out and start repairing my credit properly. Can't wait to see the results you have.

#22 movinonup2850

movinonup2850
  • Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 11 October 2011 - 08:48 PM

AWESOME!!!!!

#23 CleanFreak

CleanFreak
  • Newbies
  • 2 posts

Posted 07 November 2011 - 06:35 PM

Wow!! i read your story and Im amazed and being a buisness owner I had no idea about doing any of this and Im on the right path I think ..
Thanks for posting your story.

#24 biznerdjm

biznerdjm
  • Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 13 December 2011 - 02:16 PM

Congrats on your success! Keep us updated.

#25 Guest_Warrow4You_*

Guest_Warrow4You_*
  • Guests

Posted 23 January 2012 - 11:30 AM

Great, congrats. Thank you for sharing this story.

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© Copyright 2003 - 2013 Creditboards.com. All rights reserved. No portion of this site may be reproduced without explicit permission from the owners. The content of creditboards.com is subject solely to the personal whim of its admins. We reserve the right, at our sole discretion, to remove any and all posts or comments, at any time, for any reason which takes our entirely capricious fancy, or for no particular reason whatsoever, without restriction. Comments or questions regarding the site may be addressed to admin@creditboards.com.